Proof of Ancient ET Visitors?

Saint_of_Me
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/23/2015 6:36:29 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
My Fellow Mutants....

I came across this article the other day. I friend of mine who is a huge believer in the idea that we have been visited and even helped in the past by ET's claimed that this was yet another example. I am not sure about all that, but nonetheless it IS fascinating.

Check it out and tell me what you think.

http://www.livescience.com...
Science Flies Us to the Moon. Religion Flies us Into Skyscrapers.
DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/23/2015 8:47:20 PM
At 6/23/2015 6:36:29 PM, Saint_of_Me wrote:
My Fellow Mutants....

I came across this article the other day. I friend of mine who is a huge believer in the idea that we have been visited and even helped in the past by ET's claimed that this was yet another example. I am not sure about all that, but nonetheless it IS fascinating.

Yes, and ET also knew we only have five planets, exactly the same amount the Babylonians observed back then. Amazing.
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
Saint_of_Me
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/23/2015 8:54:18 PM
Imagine discovering a hidden room in a European medieval castle. As you open the room, you find an iPhone sitting on the table"invented in 1000 A.D. This analogy describes the discovery of the Antikythera Mechanism in 1900 A.D. This technologically baffling device is believed to have been created around 60-80 B.C., shortly before it was sunken in a Roman shipwreck off of the island of Antykythera near Greece. Though the device was badly corroded and many parts completely deteriorated over the 2000 years it was submerged in the sea, its secrets have recently been unlocked by researchers using X-ray and Gamma ray analysis.

The Antikythera Mechanism (as it has been titled) is believed to be the first computer ever invented since it is the oldest complex calculator created in ancient times. This device is an astronomical calculator that accurately tracks the movements of the sun and moon and predicts eclipses, lunar cycles and seasons. It is important to understand that this device was amazingly advanced for its time. It was so advanced that no other device with similarities in mathematics and engineering was invented for over another 1000 years when a much simpler and much larger eight-geared lunar/solar calculator was built into an astrolabe by Al-Biruni. (The pager compared to the iPhone.)

The device is the size of a shoebox (32 L x 16 W x 10 D) in centimeters. It was originally comprised of over 32 bronze gears (exact number unknown) housed in a wooden box with faceplates that showed the current state of the astronomical bodies it tracked. The device"s gears contained complex 3-dimensional gear trains. (Not just gears, but gear trains that moved in 3-dimensions with an accuracy of fine timepieces engineered today.)

The mathematics involved in the gear arrangements and the detailed engineering and manufacturing of the parts was far beyond the capabilities of the Greeks of the first century B.C. Experts are baffled to explain how perfectly every one of the teeth of the gears (thousands of gear teeth) are so perfectly shaped and spaced. It is literally impossible for such detailed manufacturing to be achieved by hand. If a contemporary metal shop were commissioned to build this device today, the craftsmen would have to use a computer to draw the forms, and a precision CNC cutter to machine the parts from bronze. How then could the Greeks of the first century achieve this amazing feat when they were still using crude iron and bronze tools? CNC routing wasn't developed unitl the early 1900's. A.D. The minute intricacies of the gear systems in the Antikythera Mechansim are like that of a fine Swiss watch"far beyond the capabilities of the ancient Greeks. Some critics cite large-scale Greek gear systems used in Greek architecture of this time as proof the Greeks possessed this engineering ability. However, that would be like comparing an abacus to the iPhone.

From an article on the Antikythera. (Bolding is mine.) Drew
Saint_of_Me
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/23/2015 8:56:59 PM
At 6/23/2015 8:47:20 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
My Fellow Mutants....

Yes, and ET also knew we only have five planets, exactly the same amount the Babylonians observed back then. Amazing.

"We" have no planets, Einstein. The Solar system has eight--with the demotion of Pluto. The ET builders could have simply been referring to the five innermost planets. Also, the calculations is could perform clearly show it was ahead of its time. By far. Read my latest link for more!!
dee-em
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/23/2015 10:29:26 PM
At 6/23/2015 8:54:18 PM, Saint_of_Me wrote:
Imagine discovering a hidden room in a European medieval castle. As you open the room, you find an iPhone sitting on the table"invented in 1000 A.D. This analogy describes the discovery of the Antikythera Mechanism in 1900 A.D. This technologically baffling device is believed to have been created around 60-80 B.C., shortly before it was sunken in a Roman shipwreck off of the island of Antykythera near Greece. Though the device was badly corroded and many parts completely deteriorated over the 2000 years it was submerged in the sea, its secrets have recently been unlocked by researchers using X-ray and Gamma ray analysis.

The Antikythera Mechanism (as it has been titled) is believed to be the first computer ever invented since it is the oldest complex calculator created in ancient times. This device is an astronomical calculator that accurately tracks the movements of the sun and moon and predicts eclipses, lunar cycles and seasons. It is important to understand that this device was amazingly advanced for its time. It was so advanced that no other device with similarities in mathematics and engineering was invented for over another 1000 years when a much simpler and much larger eight-geared lunar/solar calculator was built into an astrolabe by Al-Biruni. (The pager compared to the iPhone.)

The device is the size of a shoebox (32 L x 16 W x 10 D) in centimeters. It was originally comprised of over 32 bronze gears (exact number unknown) housed in a wooden box with faceplates that showed the current state of the astronomical bodies it tracked. The device"s gears contained complex 3-dimensional gear trains. (Not just gears, but gear trains that moved in 3-dimensions with an accuracy of fine timepieces engineered today.)

The mathematics involved in the gear arrangements and the detailed engineering and manufacturing of the parts was far beyond the capabilities of the Greeks of the first century B.C. Experts are baffled to explain how perfectly every one of the teeth of the gears (thousands of gear teeth) are so perfectly shaped and spaced. It is literally impossible for such detailed manufacturing to be achieved by hand. If a contemporary metal shop were commissioned to build this device today, the craftsmen would have to use a computer to draw the forms, and a precision CNC cutter to machine the parts from bronze. How then could the Greeks of the first century achieve this amazing feat when they were still using crude iron and bronze tools? CNC routing wasn't developed unitl the early 1900's. A.D. The minute intricacies of the gear systems in the Antikythera Mechansim are like that of a fine Swiss watch"far beyond the capabilities of the ancient Greeks. Some critics cite large-scale Greek gear systems used in Greek architecture of this time as proof the Greeks possessed this engineering ability. However, that would be like comparing an abacus to the iPhone.

Um, what exactly about this artifact suggests ET? Are you seriously proposing that ET came and visited, produced an analog computer in their workshop made of local wood and bronze (!), tailored it to astronomical calculations at Corinth, included reference to the Olympiads, wrote instructions in Koine Greek and then handed it over?

As to your bolded argument from personal incredulity:

https://en.wikipedia.org...

The mechanism is remarkable for the level of miniaturisation and the complexity of its parts, which is comparable to that of fourteenth-century astronomical clocks. It has at least 30 gears, although mechanism expert Michael Wright has suggested that the Greeks of this period were capable of implementing a system with many more gears.[31]

There is much debate that the mechanism may have had indicators for all five of the planets known to the ancient Greeks. No gearing for such a planetary display survives and all gears are accounted for --- with the exception of one 63 toothed gear (r1) otherwise unaccounted for in fragment D.[6]
|
The gear teeth were in the form of equilateral triangles with an average circular pitch of 1.6 mm, an average wheel thickness of 1.4 mm and an average air gap between gears of 1.2 mm. The teeth probably were created from a blank bronze round using hand tools; this is evident because not all of them are even.[6] Due to advances in imaging and X-ray technology it is now possible to know the precise number of teeth and size of the gears within the located fragments. Thus the basic operation of the device is no longer a mystery and has been replicated accurately. The major unknown remains, the question of the presence and nature of any planet indicators.[38]
DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/23/2015 10:48:12 PM
At 6/23/2015 8:56:59 PM, Saint_of_Me wrote:
At 6/23/2015 8:47:20 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
My Fellow Mutants....

"We" have no planets, Einstein. The Solar system has eight--with the demotion of Pluto. The ET builders could have simply been referring to the five innermost planets. Also, the calculations is could perform clearly show it was ahead of its time. By far. Read my latest link for more!!

So, let me get this straight, an alien race travels light years, visits Earth and helps build a box that can emulate the movement of the inner solar system, made from the same materials known to men then, bronze.

Aliens didn't bother to teach them how to process better metals or even to educate them beyond their known 5 planets. Or, teach them how to rid themselves of disease, famine or war, maybe even to harness the power that drives spaceships across the galaxy.

Nothing in that box is beyond the conception of men, certainly not anything that would even remotely resemble alien technology.

But, this is what you believe an intelligent alien race visiting Earth would do.

Another hilarious thread, dude.
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
Otokage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/24/2015 9:39:21 AM
At 6/23/2015 8:54:18 PM, Saint_of_Me wrote:

Sorry but your iphone analogy is ridiculous. A bronze box that predicts eclipses might be an amazing revolutionary invention at that time, but everything that box can do, was already done by mayans and egiptians a thousand years before the box was created. I'm sure the box was not a super big deal to experienced astronomers at that time, and I'm sure they wouldn't have many problems understanding what it does. As for the iphone, not a single person in the Middle Ages would know, understand or have an use for an iphone.
MrVan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/25/2015 12:23:56 AM
My Fellow Mutants....

The article offers no proof that extraterrestrials have ever visited us, it doesn't even mention ancient aliens. In fact, according to the article, it was ancient humans who built this device. Baseless speculation is a far cry from evidence, something most ancient astronaut advocates don't seem to understand.

It is possible that aliens have visited Earth in the past, but there is no evidence which suggests they have.
MrVan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/25/2015 12:30:52 AM
My Fellow Mutants....

This isn't proof, extraterrestrials aren't even mentioned in the article. In fact, it clearly states that is was ancient humans who created this device - not aliens. Baseless speculation is a far cry from actual evidence, something most ancient astronaut advocates seemingly fail to understand.

After reading your article and the discussion on this forum, my opinion remains unchanged. It is possible that extraterrestrials have visited Earth in the past, but there is no reason to suspect they actually have. I want to believe, but I've yet to be convinced.
MrVan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/25/2015 12:33:08 AM
Sorry for posting the same thing twice. I initially wrote it on my phone but it didn't show it go through, so I wrote it on my computer not knowing that it did.
Saint_of_Me
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/25/2015 1:07:21 PM
At 6/25/2015 12:33:08 AM, MrVan wrote:
Sorry for posting the same thing twice. I initially wrote it on my phone but it didn't show it go through, so I wrote it on my computer not knowing that it did.

No problem. I tend to agree with you an all points.
Serato
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/27/2015 9:09:19 PM
My Fellow Mutants....

Nin.Puabi just called, and she wants you to phone home.