Jump to topic:

Talent

Skyangel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/26/2015 8:57:21 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Does science have an explanation for why some people seem to be born with "talents", intelligence and insight that others never seem able to achieve?
Eg,
Talented musicians, singers, artists, mathematicians, child prodigies, geniuses, etc.

Why are some people so much better in some areas than others. Someone might be brilliant in one area and totally hopeless in another.
Electric-Eccentric
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/27/2015 3:57:54 AM
So called "science" is filled with the same mix of day dreamers in denial of the TRUTH that exposes the deceptions and lies called good.

I have learned that MOST people "believe" that IF they ACT smarter, wiser and more talented that they will then BECOME such.

Go through the rituals, chant the proper magic words and do the special dance and you will beat the known odds,

BECAUSE you HAVE to as ALL you have is your dreams and ever changing wants & goals.

Even dogs can show the "talent" aspect and what it seems to be and not be.

I have even noticed that some houseflies, bumble bees and such are "more talented" or smarter then most.

being most overly wonderful and then some is a talent that I was born with the free will choice to decide if I wanted to be or not to be.

seems that most are so busy with their daydreaming scheming that they never figure out that they are the ONE that makes their own PERSONAL CHOICES as in HOW they view the world within and without them.

Most are like little children that want to have their FUN and have the "adults" pay for the mistakes in personal choices.

Blaming invisible Gods and scientific made up theories is a TALENTED concept as the so called proof and evidence is as real and of as much substance as cartoon characters and their reality and substance.

When you make up most of the facts, truth, evidence and opinions within the superstitious based concepts,

you end up with what ever you can daydream up and get other lost and blind sheeple to try and follow and believe in.

There are many FORMS of so called TALENT.

the world is filled with talented overgrown toddlers.

some can burp the alphabet and impress others with their talents.

I can fart in Japanese while playing GameBoy.
Life is what YOU make it,
Most just try and fake it...
DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/27/2015 9:19:46 AM
At 6/27/2015 3:57:54 AM, Electric-Eccentric wrote:
So called "science" is filled with the same mix of day dreamers in denial of the TRUTH that exposes the deceptions and lies called good.

That "so called science" has provided you with a great deal of things, including your computer, internet connection and these forums where you are free to show your ignorance and hypocrisy, quite successfully.

I have learned that MOST people "believe" that IF they ACT smarter, wiser and more talented that they will then BECOME such.

Baloney, you act that way but it's clear you're not as you show you haven't the capacity to be smart.

Go through the rituals, chant the proper magic words and do the special dance and you will beat the known odds,

How's that working for you so far?

BECAUSE you HAVE to as ALL you have is your dreams and ever changing wants & goals.

You can try and fool others, but it's a thinly veiled disguise.

Even dogs can show the "talent" aspect and what it seems to be and not be.

I have even noticed that some houseflies, bumble bees and such are "more talented" or smarter then most.

LOL. Smart houseflies?

being most overly wonderful and then some is a talent that I was born with the free will choice to decide if I wanted to be or not to be.

You probably should have decided to be.

seems that most are so busy with their daydreaming scheming that they never figure out that they are the ONE that makes their own PERSONAL CHOICES as in HOW they view the world within and without them.

Most are like little children that want to have their FUN and have the "adults" pay for the mistakes in personal choices.

Blaming invisible Gods and scientific made up theories is a TALENTED concept as the so called proof and evidence is as real and of as much substance as cartoon characters and their reality and substance.

And yet, your ignorance and hypocrisy are as real as anything else.

When you make up most of the facts, truth, evidence and opinions within the superstitious based concepts,

you end up with what ever you can daydream up and get other lost and blind sheeple to try and follow and believe in.

There are many FORMS of so called TALENT.

the world is filled with talented overgrown toddlers.

some can burp the alphabet and impress others with their talents.

I can fart in Japanese while playing GameBoy.

And, that would be your best talent, evidently.
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/27/2015 9:22:30 AM
At 6/26/2015 8:57:21 PM, Skyangel wrote:
Does science have an explanation for why some people seem to be born with "talents", intelligence and insight that others never seem able to achieve?
Eg,
Talented musicians, singers, artists, mathematicians, child prodigies, geniuses, etc.

Why are some people so much better in some areas than others. Someone might be brilliant in one area and totally hopeless in another.

Some people understand while others just believe. Those who understand often work hard at understanding, which allows them to achieve things those who believe will not. Those who believe can't seem to understand why others are "born" with those 'talents'.
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Electric-Eccentric
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/27/2015 9:26:52 AM
You better go and practice some more if you want to try and pretend that you are smarter then you are.

Your replies and opinions are of less substance then my Japanese is.
Life is what YOU make it,
Most just try and fake it...
DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/27/2015 9:42:02 AM
At 6/27/2015 9:26:52 AM, Electric-Eccentric wrote:
You better go and practice some more if you want to try and pretend that you are smarter then you are.

True, that is far more difficult a task than pretending to be smarter than you.

Yes, I'm quite sure you're overly impressed with the hot air coming out of your a$$.
Skyangel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/27/2015 4:42:08 PM
At 6/27/2015 9:22:30 AM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
Eg,

Some people understand while others just believe. Those who understand often work hard at understanding, which allows them to achieve things those who believe will not. Those who believe can't seem to understand why others are "born" with those 'talents'.

Do you believe you understand these things?
Or
Do you just think you understand these things?
Do you know what understanding is?
Are you capable of understanding belief?
If you answer Yes, it means you believe you do understand.
If you answer No, it means you believe you do not understand.
However, since you previously claimed to not believe things, you would not even believe in understanding, let alone believe your own statements.

Maybe you ought to learn to think before you type?
Skyangel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/27/2015 4:48:24 PM

Thank you for making me laugh.
Obviously some people simply don't appreciate your sense of humor.

I appreciate your wonderful talents.
If the rest of the members actually put in some effort to get to know you, they might learn to appreciate them too.
Skyangel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/27/2015 4:54:17 PM
At 6/27/2015 9:42:02 AM, DanneJeRusse wrote:

If you actually were smarter that EE you would not need to pretend you are.

Yes, I'm quite sure you're overly impressed with the hot air coming out of your a$$.

Do you lack appreciation for humor as well as lack belief in things?
It seems you lack many things in life.
DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/27/2015 10:19:26 PM
At 6/27/2015 4:48:24 PM, Skyangel wrote:

Thank you for making me laugh.
Obviously some people simply don't appreciate your sense of humor.

I appreciate your wonderful talents.
If the rest of the members actually put in some effort to get to know you, they might learn to appreciate them too.

Patting yourself on the back?
DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/27/2015 10:41:16 PM
At 6/27/2015 4:54:17 PM, Skyangel wrote:

Yes, you can always tell someones intellectual level by the humor they like. Not humorous at all.

Yes, that's the thing with belief systems, they're often wrong. So, if it makes you feel superior to believe in such things, feel free.
DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/27/2015 10:43:24 PM
At 6/27/2015 4:42:08 PM, Skyangel wrote:
Eg,

You believers are hilarious, it doesn't matter how many times something is explained to you, the brain remains shut off to understanding and you keep asking the same question over and over.

No, I don't believe in things. Are you going to ask me again? LOL.

Or
However, since you previously claimed to not believe things, you would not even believe in understanding, let alone believe your own statements.

Skyangel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/28/2015 12:46:08 AM
At 6/27/2015 10:41:16 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:

Yes, you can always tell someones intellectual level by the humor they like. Not humorous at all.

Yes, that's the thing with belief systems, they're often wrong. So, if it makes you feel superior to believe in such things, feel free.

Do you feel superior for not believing things?
Skyangel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/28/2015 12:48:56 AM
At 6/27/2015 10:43:24 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
Eg,

You believers are hilarious, it doesn't matter how many times something is explained to you, the brain remains shut off to understanding and you keep asking the same question over and over.

Please feel free to reread the question till you understand it.
It will save me repeating it.

Or

Martley
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/28/2015 4:14:54 AM
Eg,

I am reminded of a saying

Talent is being to hit the target no one else can hit.

Genius is being able to hit the target no one else can see.
A Black Belt is a white belt who never quit.

The best time to do something was 20 years ago.... the second best to do something is now.
Otokage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/28/2015 4:44:20 AM
Eg,

For starters, "talent" is a subjective value. That someone skilled in music is "talented" is just your subjective interpretation since for some societies, people, etc, being capable of composing beautiful music can be regarded as the most useless skill someone could ever have. Those societies could praise other things like strenght, speed, good eyesight, etc.

But, that aside, anything "your are born with" wether it is a super high IQ, natural musical skills, high strenght, etc, can be tracked to your genes, or at least to the expression of those genes (ie a more developed particular area in the brain in the case of geniouses, more developed muscle cells in the case of naturaly strong people, etc.)
DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/28/2015 8:57:40 AM
At 6/28/2015 12:48:56 AM, Skyangel wrote:
At 6/27/2015 10:43:24 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
Eg,

Please feel free to reread the question till you understand it.
It will save me repeating it.

Of course, I understand your question and I've already given you a response that clearly you don't understand. And, I understand that reason, too.

Or

DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/28/2015 9:00:52 AM
At 6/28/2015 12:46:08 AM, Skyangel wrote:
At 6/27/2015 10:41:16 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:

Do you feel superior for not believing things?

Nope, just educated, something you obviously are missing.
dee-em
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/28/2015 10:52:25 AM
Eg,

Let me oblige you. It's the genetic lottery. Like Stephen Fry in IQ I just heard the sirens blaring and the "obvious but wrong" neon light flash. Off you go. Tell us why this is a common misconception. Lol.
Saint_of_Me
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/28/2015 3:36:37 PM
Eg,

I covered this topic in a couple of posts I did on another Thread. I believe it was on my Astrology Thread, and we were discussing the subjects of how or why some people might truly posses psychic abilities.

I was explaining that not all human brains work the same. Oh, the use the same mechanics, i.e. using neurons to fire neuro-transmitters back and forth. (chemicals, or electrolytes). But that the mixture and the firing frequency, as well as the specific amounts of the NT's that are active in our brains can differ. DO differ.

This explains child prodigies. Gifted musicians and artists. (I used these very examples to make my point, in fact!) It is almost certain that these folks have the certain NTs that are conducive to creativity--whatever those may be--in more abundance than most people.
Science Flies Us to the Moon. Religion Flies us Into Skyscrapers.
Skyangel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/28/2015 7:27:37 PM
At 6/28/2015 4:14:54 AM, Martley wrote:
Eg,

I am reminded of a saying

Talent is being to hit the target no one else can hit.

Genius is being able to hit the target no one else can see.

The problem with hitting a target no one else can see is that those who cannot see it will never believe you hit it. They cannot see the proof right in front of their eyes.
Skyangel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/28/2015 7:31:13 PM
At 6/28/2015 4:44:20 AM, Otokage wrote:
Eg,

For starters, "talent" is a subjective value. That someone skilled in music is "talented" is just your subjective interpretation since for some societies, people, etc, being capable of composing beautiful music can be regarded as the most useless skill someone could ever have. Those societies could praise other things like strenght, speed, good eyesight, etc.

But, that aside, anything "your are born with" wether it is a super high IQ, natural musical skills, high strenght, etc, can be tracked to your genes, or at least to the expression of those genes (ie a more developed particular area in the brain in the case of geniouses, more developed muscle cells in the case of naturaly strong people, etc.)

All human judgments and conclusions are subject to human perception and interpretation of human observations.
All is relative.
Skyangel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/28/2015 7:36:12 PM
At 6/28/2015 10:52:25 AM, dee-em wrote:
Eg,

Let me oblige you. It's the genetic lottery. Like Stephen Fry in IQ I just heard the sirens blaring and the "obvious but wrong" neon light flash. Off you go. Tell us why this is a common misconception. Lol.

You are the one hearing the sirens blaring and lights flashing and have already made your own judgments about the misconceptions. Therefore my opinion and perception is irrelevant to you.
Saint_of_Me
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/28/2015 8:21:55 PM
Eg,

As I said...its all chemicals, baby? Just like love. LOL

This is an article I read on this topic in college. It is about 12 years old but is worth a read nonetheless.

Check it out......

http://serendip.brynmawr.edu...
dee-em
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/28/2015 8:46:02 PM
At 6/28/2015 7:36:12 PM, Skyangel wrote:
Eg,

You are the one hearing the sirens blaring and lights flashing and have already made your own judgments about the misconceptions. Therefore my opinion and perception is irrelevant to you.

Aw. You disappoint me.
Skyangel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/28/2015 9:02:28 PM
At 6/28/2015 3:36:37 PM, Saint_of_Me wrote:
Eg,

I covered this topic in a couple of posts I did on another Thread. I believe it was on my Astrology Thread, and we were discussing the subjects of how or why some people might truly posses psychic abilities.

I think so called "psychic abilities" are often mistaken for simple intuition.
Some people just seem to be more intuitive than others.
Some people need to have things explained to them step by step where others have a certain instinct which causes "the steps" to come naturally and they cannot explain exactly how they know what they know. They just know that they know. I really don't think astrology has anything to do with it.
I don't think genes have much to do with it either. Very average people can give birth to idiots as well as to genius.
Apparently there is a fine line between genius and insanity.

I was explaining that not all human brains work the same. Oh, the use the same mechanics, i.e. using neurons to fire neuro-transmitters back and forth. (chemicals, or electrolytes). But that the mixture and the firing frequency, as well as the specific amounts of the NT's that are active in our brains can differ. DO differ.

Obviously not all minds work the same. If they did we would all think and believe exactly the same things.
The way I see it, there is far more to the workings of the mind that just chemicals and electrodes. Those physical things are just one aspect of how the mind works. There are also the affects of subliminal suggestion, human perception, teachings of the societies we grow up in etc etc. There is more to thinking than just chemicals. Many are trained to think the way they do. They are trained like you might train any animal to react to certain actions and sounds.

This explains child prodigies. Gifted musicians and artists. (I used these very examples to make my point, in fact!) It is almost certain that these folks have the certain NTs that are conducive to creativity--whatever those may be--in more abundance than most people.

Are you saying that random mixtures of chemicals and random firing sequences cause the differences? I understand the sequences might be different but I doubt they are random.
Obviously some aspects of the human mind are the same in all people while at the same time there can be a lot of differences in all the similarities.
I think it is more than just random mixtures of chemicals at work. I think perception and teaching as well as desire and personal tastes also have a lot to do with how humans think and behave.
When mere words can cause people to have chemical reactions in their bodies, it is the perception and interpretation of what humans observe which is causing the chemical reaction and feelings.
Chemicals do not react randomly for no reason. It seems obvious to me that human perception affects the chemicals in our own bodies.
Perception seems to come from the teachings which are passed down from generation to generation and depends on what morals and values culture ingrains into us from birth and which of those values, morals etc we personally choose to adopt or reject.

Is perception a talent, an innate ability, which some are born with and others lack?
Is it like that "third eye" which can cause some to be able to see what others cannot see due to not having that "third eye"?
Some are born sighted and some are born blind in a physical sense. Can the same apply to perception? Perceptive sight and perceptive blindness?
Is it possible that some are born with the ability to sense, things other cannot sense when it comes to things like intuition, comprehension, discernment, etc.

Some are obviously born with "abilities" and others are born with "disabilities" but "disabilities" in one area often gives the "disabled" in that area, more abilities in other areas because they need to compensate for the disabilities in order to overcome them.
Skyangel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/28/2015 9:15:10 PM
At 6/28/2015 8:21:55 PM, Saint_of_Me wrote:
Eg,

Love in my perception and perspective is far more than just a chemical reaction.

This is an article I read on this topic in college. It is about 12 years old but is worth a read nonetheless.

Check it out......

Interesting.
Science has the ability to dissect and measure things and record electronic data and create explanations for how and why they think it all works etc but they do not have the ability to make it work from scratch or turn an idiot into a genius by changing or adjusting the chemical reactions in their brains.

The article is basically a lot of words which say "We don't have a clue why some people are smarter than others"

So much for scientific explanations.

Quote from your link....
"Other insights I found that could be derived from the study of giftedness is that we still do not know what makes one smarter than another "
"In conclusion, more data is needed to establish firmly the significance of brain differences in gifted and average children, and to ultimately explain why so few children have such gifted abilities. There are many facets about the brain that are still indeterminate - however, a stronger realization is that regarding even the most desirable traits, being a genius may to a large extent be beyond a person's control, and cannot be intentionally created."
Skyangel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/28/2015 9:25:36 PM
At 6/28/2015 8:46:02 PM, dee-em wrote:
At 6/28/2015 7:36:12 PM, Skyangel wrote:
Eg,

Aw. You disappoint me.

You disappoint yourself with your own perceptions, hopes and expectations.
If you did not place expectations on others in the first place, you would not be disappointed when they don't do what you expect them to do.
Saint_of_Me
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/28/2015 9:27:29 PM
At 6/28/2015 9:02:28 PM, Skyangel wrote:
At 6/28/2015 3:36:37 PM, Saint_of_Me wrote:
Eg,

I think so called "psychic abilities" are often mistaken for simple intuition.
Some people just seem to be more intuitive than others.
Some people need to have things explained to them step by step where others have a certain instinct which causes "the steps" to come naturally and they cannot explain exactly how they know what they know. They just know that they know. I really don't think astrology has anything to do with it.
I don't think genes have much to do with it either. Very average people can give birth to idiots as well as to genius.
Apparently there is a fine line between genius and insanity.

Obviously not all minds work the same. If they did we would all think and believe exactly the same things.
The way I see it, there is far more to the workings of the mind that just chemicals and electrodes. Those physical things are just one aspect of how the mind works. There are also the affects of subliminal suggestion, human perception, teachings of the societies we grow up in etc etc. There is more to thinking than just chemicals. Many are trained to think the way they do. They are trained like you might train any animal to react to certain actions and sounds.

Are you saying that random mixtures of chemicals and random firing sequences cause the differences? I understand the sequences might be different but I doubt they are random.
Obviously some aspects of the human mind are the same in all people while at the same time there can be a lot of differences in all the similarities.
I think it is more than just random mixtures of chemicals at work. I think perception and teaching as well as desire and personal tastes also have a lot to do with how humans think and behave.
When mere words can cause people to have chemical reactions in their bodies, it is the perception and interpretation of what humans observe which is causing the chemical reaction and feelings.
Chemicals do not react randomly for no reason. It seems obvious to me that human perception affects the chemicals in our own bodies.
Perception seems to come from the teachings which are passed down from generation to generation and depends on what morals and values culture ingrains into us from birth and which of those values, morals etc we personally choose to adopt or reject.

Is perception a talent, an innate ability, which some are born with and others lack?
Is it like that "third eye" which can cause some to be able to see what others cannot see due to not having that "third eye"?
Some are born sighted and some are born blind in a physical sense. Can the same apply to perception? Perceptive sight and perceptive blindness?
Is it possible that some are born with the ability to sense, things other cannot sense when it comes to things like intuition, comprehension, discernment, etc.

Some are obviously born with "abilities" and others are born with "disabilities" but "disabilities" in one area often gives the "disabled" in that area, more abilities in other areas because they need to compensate for the disabilities in order to overcome them.

True psychic abilities like clairvoyance and pe-cognition far surpass merely only having an enhanced sense of intuition, I believe.

I have personally had a psychic tell me things about my life which she has no way of knowing. Remember-I was a full-blown skeptic on this. Well aware of all the tricks and tools that fraudulent psychics employ so as to glean info from their clients. I went to this woman--suggested by a family member--as tight-lipped and skeptical--almost hostile (LOL) and gave here zilch. Yet..she amazed me. Made me a believer.

I realize this is only anecdotal. But it is what it is.

I am not sure how this works. I DO stand by me enhanced brain chemistry idea on this. As well as for the aforementioned prodigies, savants, Mozarts, etc. BUT--I would think there must be something more at work here. For a psychic that is. They must be tapping onto some sort of "field"--probably on a QM level.

I did not mean to imply that the enhanced brain chemistry is "random." It adheres to pre-set and hardwired rules and mechanics of Neurology. Why some folks have it and some do not, I do not know. As I do not know if there is a genetic component at work here.

Mere intuition I believe is more "experience-based." But no level of mere experience can account for the talents that true psychics posses. I will close by adding that "true" psychics probably comprise only 5% of ALL those folks who claim Psychic Abilities.
Saint_of_Me
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/28/2015 9:33:35 PM
At 6/28/2015 9:15:10 PM, Skyangel wrote:
At 6/28/2015 8:21:55 PM, Saint_of_Me wrote:
Eg,

Love in my perception and perspective is far more than just a chemical reaction.

Check it out......

Interesting.
Science has the ability to dissect and measure things and record electronic data and create explanations for how and why they think it all works etc but they do not have the ability to make it work from scratch or turn an idiot into a genius by changing or adjusting the chemical reactions in their brains.

The article is basically a lot of words which say "We don't have a clue why some people are smarter than others"

So much for scientific explanations.

Quote from your link....
"Other insights I found that could be derived from the study of giftedness is that we still do not know what makes one smarter than another "
"In conclusion, more data is needed to establish firmly the significance of brain differences in gifted and average children, and to ultimately explain why so few children have such gifted abilities. There are many facets about the brain that are still indeterminate - however, a stronger realization is that regarding even the most desirable traits, being a genius may to a large extent be beyond a person's control, and cannot be intentionally created."

Of course more is needed! I never claimed we have a firm grasp on this whole thing. I only voiced my ideas on the topic. The entire field of Psychology is still in its infancy. Of that there is no doubt.

But to blithely say "So much for Science" just because we don't have all the answers is to espouse the sort of "God of the Gaps" thinking that religious zealots are so fond of.

"Aha! You cannot explain 100% of Evolution because God did it!"

You should be above that. Or one wold at least hope so.