Jump to topic:

How It's Made

Korashk
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/16/2010 1:31:40 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
Why is this the most captivating show on television? Whenever I see it on the guide I just have to tune in no matter what else is on television.

It's not that it's the greatest show, there are plenty that I consider to be much better, but it's a rare thing if I don't stop to watch for at least a few minutes no matter what else I'm watching.

Is there a reason for this? Or is it just me?
When large numbers of otherwise-law abiding people break specific laws en masse, it's usually a fault that lies with the law. - Unknown
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/16/2010 7:27:26 AM
I find it interesting. Depends on what they make.
Without Royal there is a hole inside of me, I have no choice but to leave
badger
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/16/2010 11:24:13 AM
i work as part of the maintenance staff in a power station and it's fairly interesting... but i hate that show lol.
signature
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/18/2010 2:49:29 PM
Is this on the Science or SyFy channel? I think I saw it today - or something like it. It was an episode on gasoline and Swiss Army knives: how they're made (and in the case of gas, transported)... very interesting.
President of DDO
tBoonePickens
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2010 9:08:16 AM
At 8/18/2010 2:49:29 PM, theLwerd wrote:
Is this on the Science or SyFy channel? I think I saw it today - or something like it. It was an episode on gasoline and Swiss Army knives: how they're made (and in the case of gas, transported)... very interesting.

Science / Discovery Channels... definitely not SyFy. I think it's the hypnotic theme song (or intro music whatever you wanna call it.) Whenever I hear it "I MUST OBEY."
WOS
: At 10/3/2012 4:28:52 AM, Wallstreetatheist wrote:
: Without nothing existing, you couldn't have something.
RoyLatham
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/21/2010 5:41:50 AM
I think the show is fascinating. It helps to know something about the properties of materials used and some of the technology used. One of the recurring surprises is that some things that seem like they should be automated are done manually, and other things that seem like they couldn't be automated are actually done successfully by machines.

One of the first shows on network television, we're talking 1950s, was called "Industry on Parade." It featured the manufacturing technology of the times, with lots of bottles and cans whizzing down production lines.
InsertNameHere
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/21/2010 5:31:45 PM
At 8/19/2010 9:08:16 AM, tBoonePickens wrote:

Science / Discovery Channels... definitely not SyFy. I think it's the hypnotic theme song (or intro music whatever you wanna call it.) Whenever I hear it "I MUST OBEY."

Something tells me that's probably how they get many of their viewers. :P
tBoonePickens
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/23/2010 7:07:52 AM
At 8/21/2010 5:31:45 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:
At 8/19/2010 9:08:16 AM, tBoonePickens wrote:

Something tells me that's probably how they get many of their viewers. :P

Plus it's so darn interesting! Makes you wanna appreciate capitalism even more!
WOS
: At 10/3/2012 4:28:52 AM, Wallstreetatheist wrote:
: Without nothing existing, you couldn't have something.