Total Posts:7|Showing Posts:1-7
Jump to topic:

Skyangel and the hydrogen bomb

dee-em
Posts: 6,447
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/1/2015 7:34:03 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
Sky, in your own words, please tell us how the hydrogen bomb works. You cannot dispute that a relatively small device can generate sufficient energy to completely obliterate a small city. That energy has to come from somewhere. Please explain. Thanks.
Saint_of_Me
Posts: 2,402
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/1/2015 3:15:59 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/1/2015 7:34:03 AM, dee-em wrote:
Sky, in your own words, please tell us how the hydrogen bomb works. You cannot dispute that a relatively small device can generate sufficient energy to completely obliterate a small city. That energy has to come from somewhere. Please explain. Thanks.

Man...Dee-Em: you're sure going after The Angel with a vengeance. Four threads last I checked? May I ask what prompted this scientific Blitzkreig?

Thanks.
Science Flies Us to the Moon. Religion Flies us Into Skyscrapers.
dee-em
Posts: 6,447
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/1/2015 7:56:00 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/1/2015 3:15:59 PM, Saint_of_Me wrote:
At 7/1/2015 7:34:03 AM, dee-em wrote:
Sky, in your own words, please tell us how the hydrogen bomb works. You cannot dispute that a relatively small device can generate sufficient energy to completely obliterate a small city. That energy has to come from somewhere. Please explain. Thanks.

Man...Dee-Em: you're sure going after The Angel with a vengeance. Four threads last I checked? May I ask what prompted this scientific Blitzkreig?

Thanks.

She gets to hide and dodge in her own threads. When something gets too hard she ignores it or just goes off on some unrelated tangent. I wanted a single issue thread so that she can't do that. She needs to be held accountable for her assertions without the noise of multiple issues. (I don't hold much hope that she will meet her burden).
Saint_of_Me
Posts: 2,402
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/1/2015 8:08:18 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/1/2015 7:56:00 PM, dee-em wrote:
At 7/1/2015 3:15:59 PM, Saint_of_Me wrote:
At 7/1/2015 7:34:03 AM, dee-em wrote:
Sky, in your own words, please tell us how the hydrogen bomb works. You cannot dispute that a relatively small device can generate sufficient energy to completely obliterate a small city. That energy has to come from somewhere. Please explain. Thanks.

Man...Dee-Em: you're sure going after The Angel with a vengeance. Four threads last I checked? May I ask what prompted this scientific Blitzkreig?

Thanks.

She gets to hide and dodge in her own threads. When something gets too hard she ignores it or just goes off on some unrelated tangent. I wanted a single issue thread so that she can't do that. She needs to be held accountable for her assertions without the noise of multiple issues. (I don't hold much hope that she will meet her burden).

No, I would not. She is not going to address your threads.

Remember where ya heard it. LOL
Science Flies Us to the Moon. Religion Flies us Into Skyscrapers.
dee-em
Posts: 6,447
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/1/2015 10:00:09 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Skyangel wrote:

Humans produced the condition of the hydrogen bomb with the hydrogen bomb.

What???

They did not reproduce the conditions of the sun because they have no clue how the sun works in the first place.

Actually we do (you don't):

http://scienceblogs.com...

If you have no clue how something works you cannot reproduce its conditions.

But we do. Lol.

Creating heat and explosions can be done in many different ways. Therefore to claim the sun works on only one of those principles is sheer stupidity.

The other ways (chemical bond breaking, for example) produce orders of magnitude less energy than we observe coming from the Sun. There is only one process which can do it. It is called nuclear fusion. We know this because we can look at older stars via spectroscopy and see that they have a higher ratio of helium than our own Sun. Hydrogen is being converted to helium. Younger stars have a lower helium to hydrogen ratio. For older stars it is higher. QED.

Obviously the science fans like to believe their favorite science fictions.

NASA is not science-fiction.

If you want to speculate about how the sun works at least be honest and provide a list of possibilities instead of being led to believe it must be fueled by hydrogen because that's how a hydrogen bomb works.

As I said, it's the only process which can produce the quantity of energy which pours from the Sun each day. If you have another candidate process which can do the job and explains the hydrogen-helium ratios we observe, let's hear it.

A hydrogen bomb uses hydrogen for fuel... therefore the sun must too ? There is something wrong with that reasoning.

There sure is. Who made that argument? Lol.

It is as bad as claiming a fire uses wood for fuel therefore the sun must too and when the fire burns up all the wood the fire will go out.
Sheer stupidity.

You have an eternal wood fire? This is so funny.

Does lightning work by a nuclear fusion process too?

Um, no.

Does lightning need fuel?

No, it needs a particular set of atmospheric conditions created by the Sun warming the Earth's atmosphere. That energy creates storms and, with the right conditions, lightning and thunder. Didn't you study weather at school? Lol.

The hydrogen bomb is a man made explosion.

True.

Lightning is a natural explosion of light in the sky.

Yes, but it can also be reproduced in the laboratory.

http://home.earthlink.net...

It makes far more sense to me that the sun would work on a natural phenomenon like lightning than on a made made phenomenon like a hydrogen bomb.

Um, hydrogen fusion is a natural phenomenon. Man copied nature, not the other way around. The Sun didn't wait for the H-bomb on Earth to be developed before it decided to use the same process to produce energy. Lol.

Nice strawman you have created. Do you have any other nonsensical arguments to throw at me?