Jump to topic:

AV Security Suite Virus

tvellalott
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/17/2010 6:02:17 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
A friend of mine contacted me on monday night saying he needed my help with a computer problem (I'm the go-to guy for computer related problems, blah). He had gotten a computer virus.

WELL! He had the WORST virus I've ever seen.
AV Security Suite doesn't need require voluntary download and within hours completely infects all windows dynamic-link libraries (DLL files). It poses as a virus protection program and constantly pops up phoney virus and windows warnings. It will tell you that you need to upgrade to remove the viruses. Most virus protectors will not protect you and it will make it extremely difficult to install new programs.

I tried for many hours to fix the computer, including creating new admin accounts, deleting old accounts, running rFix, a program which stops the malware from running and scanning the computer three times with Malbyte Anti-Malware, which constantly turned up negative. Everytime I thought I'd got rid of it, it would pop up again.

I eventually had to back up all his stuff, format the hard-drive and install a fresh windows.

The root of his problem was very simple. His admin account didn't have a password, meaning the virus had no trouble computer hijacking all his system files.
ALWAYS put a password on your admin account.
A good virus protection program with up-to-date libraries will help, but I've since found out the AV Security Suite is just a GUI (Graphic User Interface) for one of the worlds most unstoppable trojans. One of my bosses (I call him the Guru) said Microsoft have a $500,000 bounty on this virus for anyone who can crack it. It probably comes from Russia, where (I quote) "all the cool, really dangerous sh1t comes from".
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
tvellalott
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/17/2010 6:09:00 PM
At 8/17/2010 6:07:24 PM, badger wrote:
cool... have a stroll on down to technology there and help a fella out :)

ah crap. I posted in the wrong forum.
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
Brendan21
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2010 5:49:34 PM
At 8/17/2010 6:02:17 PM, tvellalott wrote:
A friend of mine contacted me on monday night saying he needed my help with a computer problem (I'm the go-to guy for computer related problems, blah). He had gotten a computer virus.

WELL! He had the WORST virus I've ever seen.
AV Security Suite doesn't need require voluntary download and within hours completely infects all windows dynamic-link libraries (DLL files). It poses as a virus protection program and constantly pops up phoney virus and windows warnings. It will tell you that you need to upgrade to remove the viruses. Most virus protectors will not protect you and it will make it extremely difficult to install new programs.

I tried for many hours to fix the computer, including creating new admin accounts, deleting old accounts, running rFix, a program which stops the malware from running and scanning the computer three times with Malbyte Anti-Malware, which constantly turned up negative. Everytime I thought I'd got rid of it, it would pop up again.

I eventually had to back up all his stuff, format the hard-drive and install a fresh windows.

The root of his problem was very simple. His admin account didn't have a password, meaning the virus had no trouble computer hijacking all his system files.
ALWAYS put a password on your admin account.
A good virus protection program with up-to-date libraries will help, but I've since found out the AV Security Suite is just a GUI (Graphic User Interface) for one of the worlds most unstoppable trojans. One of my bosses (I call him the Guru) said Microsoft have a $500,000 bounty on this virus for anyone who can crack it. It probably comes from Russia, where (I quote) "all the cool, really dangerous sh1t comes from".

I had this virus a few weeks ago, luckily I have two computers, and was able to install a file using a USB onto the infected computer during safe mode on the admin account. I used 'Malwarebyte's AntiMalware,' and it took care of it for me.