Jump to topic:

morphogenic fields

janesix
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2015 12:52:46 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Please put aside your skepticism for a moment for a thought experiment. If Sheldrake's morphogenic fields really were responsible for organization in biological and group systems, how would they work?
Saint_of_Me
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2015 5:11:15 PM
At 7/11/2015 12:52:46 PM, janesix wrote:
Please put aside your skepticism for a moment for a thought experiment. If Sheldrake's morphogenic fields really were responsible for organization in biological and group systems, how would they work?

You are preaching to the choir, amigo. I am a huge fan of Rupert Sheldrake. I even began a thread like this about a month ago, in which I gave a quick primer as to his ideas on Morphic Resonance, and then asked DDO members what they thought.

The thread was not, umm..exactly met with enthusiasm. In fact, it and Sheldrake were fairly lambasted as engaging in Psuedo Science.

Which is pretty much what I expected. As the science community as a whole have never been kind to his ideas on Morphic Fields. That is, that Nature possesses a type of "memory field" that is tapped into by other natural entities which enables them to "learn."

But, yeah, I've read all his books. last I heard he was teaching Noetic Studies at some Institute out in California.

He is a brilliant man with an impressive pedigree. His field of expertise was microbiology and genetic modification (GMO).Some of which was used in India to increase crop production.

I will gladly engage in any discussion of his ideas and work. But be forewarned, I will most likely be one of the few here in DDO that will have anything kind to say about his ideas. LOL

And that's cool. Many significant men of science from history were at one time ridiculed--or at least doubted--for their ideas. It is almost unavoidable in fact, if one is doing cutting edge and innovated work.

Thanks.
Science Flies Us to the Moon. Religion Flies us Into Skyscrapers.
Saint_of_Me
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2015 5:13:07 PM
At 7/11/2015 5:11:15 PM, Saint_of_Me wrote:
At 7/11/2015 12:52:46 PM, janesix wrote:

You are preaching to the choir, amigo. I am a huge fan of Rupert Sheldrake. I even began a thread like this about a month ago, in which I gave a quick primer as to his ideas on Morphic Resonance, and then asked DDO members what they thought.

The thread was not, umm..exactly met with enthusiasm. In fact, it and Sheldrake were fairly lambasted as engaging in Psuedo Science.

Which is pretty much what I expected. As the science community as a whole have never been kind to his ideas on Morphic Fields. That is, that Nature possesses a type of "memory field" that is tapped into by other natural entities which enables them to "learn."

But, yeah, I've read all his books. last I heard he was teaching Noetic Studies at some Institute out in California.

He is a brilliant man with an impressive pedigree. His field of expertise was microbiology and genetic modification (GMO).Some of which was used in India to increase crop production.

I will gladly engage in any discussion of his ideas and work. But be forewarned, I will most likely be one of the few here in DDO that will have anything kind to say about his ideas. LOL

And that's cool. Many significant men of science from history were at one time ridiculed--or at least doubted--for their ideas. It is almost unavoidable in fact, if one is doing cutting edge and innovated work.

Thanks.

Oh...here's that OP Thread!

http://www.debate.org...
Science Flies Us to the Moon. Religion Flies us Into Skyscrapers.