Total Posts:25|Showing Posts:1-25
Jump to topic:

Most screwed up theory that is logical?

Sooner
Posts: 1,012
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/30/2015 5:47:22 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
What is a very screwed up or crazy theory that is at least mildly logical, plausable, or conceavable? (Existing or new theory)
Ignoring problems doesn't make them go away.
Sooner
Posts: 1,012
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/30/2015 6:18:01 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
Life is a simulation, a virtual reality world. In this world people are asexual, only reproduce once, and are programmed to give out the same exact DNA once in their life when they are exactly 30 years old. At age 60 they pass away. Time is programmed with a loop, so think of time as point A to point B. Time starts at point A. 20 people are born and the last one dies at point B. The 20th person is programmed to be the father of person 1 at point A. So each person in this reality is the father, grandfather, etc. of all and the son, grandson of all. Everyone gives life to everyone and recieves life from everyone.
Ignoring problems doesn't make them go away.
August_Burns_Red
Posts: 1,253
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/31/2015 1:02:28 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/30/2015 5:47:22 AM, Sooner wrote:
What is a very screwed up or crazy theory that is at least mildly logical, plausable, or conceavable? (Existing or new theory)

Well my current favorite is by a Biologist named Rupert Sneldrake. He thinks that Nature has a sort of Memory Field from which it can teach itself and learn. Like trees in a forest communicating to ward off pests. Or birds flying together in a field and being connected telepathically. Or dogs knowing when their masters are coming home. Even when the masters come at different times, in different cars. Crystals that grow faster once that a former set was grown in the same room; the new crystals learn from the old ones. using this Field. He calls it Morphic resonance. We were talking about it on another thread a few days ago. Some of this stuff provokes thought and even makes sense to me. I would love for it to be true, but I dont think there is much evidence. Most of Sheldrake's old colleagues think he is basically wacky! LOL
Tomorrow's forecast: God reigns and the Son shines!
Sooner
Posts: 1,012
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/31/2015 1:31:08 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/31/2015 1:02:28 AM, August_Burns_Red wrote:
At 7/30/2015 5:47:22 AM, Sooner wrote:
What is a very screwed up or crazy theory that is at least mildly logical, plausable, or conceavable? (Existing or new theory)

Well my current favorite is by a Biologist named Rupert Sneldrake. He thinks that Nature has a sort of Memory Field from which it can teach itself and learn. Like trees in a forest communicating to ward off pests. Or birds flying together in a field and being connected telepathically. Or dogs knowing when their masters are coming home. Even when the masters come at different times, in different cars. Crystals that grow faster once that a former set was grown in the same room; the new crystals learn from the old ones. using this Field. He calls it Morphic resonance. We were talking about it on another thread a few days ago. Some of this stuff provokes thought and even makes sense to me. I would love for it to be true, but I dont think there is much evidence. Most of Sheldrake's old colleagues think he is basically
wacky! LOL

-------------

Response: He might be, might not. Einstein was thought to be crazy when he used the term "fabric of space". The Space Time Continuim Model was "laughed at" according to an article I read. But then time passed, and guess what...
Ignoring problems doesn't make them go away.
Sooner
Posts: 1,012
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/31/2015 1:32:39 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
What is a very screwed up or crazy theory that is at least mildly logical, plausable, or conceavable? (Existing or new theory)

Well my current favorite is by a Biologist named Rupert Sneldrake. He thinks that Nature has a sort of Memory Field from which it can teach itself and learn. Like trees in a forest communicating to ward off pests. Or birds flying together in a field and being connected telepathically. Or dogs knowing when their masters are coming home. Even when the masters come at different times, in different cars. Crystals that grow faster once that a former set was grown in the same room; the new crystals learn from the old ones. using this Field. He calls it Morphic resonance. We were talking about it on another thread a few days ago. Some of this stuff provokes thought and even makes sense to me. I would love for it to be true, but I dont think there is much evidence. Most of Sheldrake's old colleagues think he is basically
wacky! LOL

-------------

Response: He might be, might not. Einstein was thought to be crazy when he used the term "fabric of space". The Space Time Continuim Model was "laughed at" according to an article I read. But then time passed, and guess what...
Ignoring problems doesn't make them go away.
August_Burns_Red
Posts: 1,253
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/31/2015 1:41:20 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/31/2015 1:32:39 AM, Sooner wrote:
What is a very screwed up or crazy theory that is at least mildly logical, plausable, or conceavable? (Existing or new theory)

Well my current favorite is by a Biologist named Rupert Sneldrake. He thinks that Nature has a sort of Memory Field from which it can teach itself and learn. Like trees in a forest communicating to ward off pests. Or birds flying together in a field and being connected telepathically. Or dogs knowing when their masters are coming home. Even when the masters come at different times, in different cars. Crystals that grow faster once that a former set was grown in the same room; the new crystals learn from the old ones. using this Field. He calls it Morphic resonance. We were talking about it on another thread a few days ago. Some of this stuff provokes thought and even makes sense to me. I would love for it to be true, but I dont think there is much evidence. Most of Sheldrake's old colleagues think he is basically
wacky! LOL

-------------

Response: He might be, might not. Einstein was thought to be crazy when he used the term "fabric of space". The Space Time Continuim Model was "laughed at" according to an article I read. But then time passed, and guess what...

LOL---yes,"wacky" was my word that got cut off. You make a great point about Einstein and others being branded as wacky before their ideas got proven to become Laws and Theories. I just checked-out three books by Sheldrake from my public library and plan to get deep into them over the next couple weeks.
This all reminds me of my belief in God. and the power of prayer that we were talking about on another thread. Where I posted about four links tha tshowed evidence of it. I think prayer will one day be measurable, the field of power that it gives off. As a sort of continuum of our thoughts. Probably on the quantum level. God's Grace might also work on the Quantum Level. I know His Power can affect physical material here on Earth because of what He did when I was Saved. the curtains in my room. An emmisary on the street who gave me a bible. The page on that bible that glowed like a mag-light was shining on it! One day we will be able to measure this with equipment.
The atheists will then smack their heads and go, "Damn--those guys were right!" LOL
Tomorrow's forecast: God reigns and the Son shines!
dee-em
Posts: 8,289
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/31/2015 7:45:03 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
Last Thursdayism:

https://en.wikipedia.org...

Last Thursdayism is a similar response to omphalism which posits that, by the same logic, the world might have been created last Thursday (or by implication, on any other given date and time), but with the appearance of age: people's memories, history books, fossils, light already on the way from distant stars, and so forth. It is aimed at the logic point that when this logic is permitted, it can be used to prove any "fixed date creation" schema.
Fatihah: It's like your mother making spaghetti and after you taste it and don't like it, you say "well my mom must not exist". Not because their is no logical evidence but because she doesn't do what you want.
tejretics
Posts: 6,800
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/1/2015 11:32:35 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/31/2015 7:45:03 AM, dee-em wrote:
Last Thursdayism:

https://en.wikipedia.org...

Last Thursdayism is a similar response to omphalism which posits that, by the same logic, the world might have been created last Thursday (or by implication, on any other given date and time), but with the appearance of age: people's memories, history books, fossils, light already on the way from distant stars, and so forth. It is aimed at the logic point that when this logic is permitted, it can be used to prove any "fixed date creation" schema.

I don't think it's screwed up, because it only asserts *possibility* -- of course it's logically possible the universe was created last Thursday. It doesn't assert the universe *was* created last Thursday. It's actually a good and true position.
"Where justice is denied, where poverty is enforced, where ignorance prevails, and where any one class is made to feel that society is an organized conspiracy to oppress, rob and degrade them, neither persons nor property will be safe." - Frederick Douglass

http://gotejas.com...
DanneJeRusse
Posts: 13,644
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/1/2015 8:11:53 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/31/2015 1:02:28 AM, August_Burns_Red wrote:
At 7/30/2015 5:47:22 AM, Sooner wrote:
What is a very screwed up or crazy theory that is at least mildly logical, plausable, or conceavable? (Existing or new theory)

Well my current favorite is by a Biologist named Rupert Sneldrake. He thinks that Nature has a sort of Memory Field from which it can teach itself and learn. Like trees in a forest communicating to ward off pests. Or birds flying together in a field and being connected telepathically. Or dogs knowing when their masters are coming home. Even when the masters come at different times, in different cars. Crystals that grow faster once that a former set was grown in the same room; the new crystals learn from the old ones. using this Field. He calls it Morphic resonance. We were talking about it on another thread a few days ago. Some of this stuff provokes thought and even makes sense to me. I would love for it to be true, but I dont think there is much evidence. Most of Sheldrake's old colleagues think he is basically wacky! LOL

That is true, SoM, Sheldrake is as wacky as they come. But, you knew that already when we had this discussion some time ago.
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
There would be peace if you obeyed us.~Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
DanneJeRusse
Posts: 13,644
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/1/2015 8:17:46 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/31/2015 1:32:39 AM, Sooner wrote:
What is a very screwed up or crazy theory that is at least mildly logical, plausable, or conceavable? (Existing or new theory)

Well my current favorite is by a Biologist named Rupert Sneldrake. He thinks that Nature has a sort of Memory Field from which it can teach itself and learn. Like trees in a forest communicating to ward off pests. Or birds flying together in a field and being connected telepathically. Or dogs knowing when their masters are coming home. Even when the masters come at different times, in different cars. Crystals that grow faster once that a former set was grown in the same room; the new crystals learn from the old ones. using this Field. He calls it Morphic resonance. We were talking about it on another thread a few days ago. Some of this stuff provokes thought and even makes sense to me. I would love for it to be true, but I dont think there is much evidence. Most of Sheldrake's old colleagues think he is basically
wacky! LOL

-------------

Response: He might be, might not. Einstein was thought to be crazy when he used the term "fabric of space". The Space Time Continuim Model was "laughed at" according to an article I read. But then time passed, and guess what...

Funny how you believers continue to pull crap out of your a$$es whenever it suits your agenda. Perhaps, some day, you'll know the feeling of being honest, or maybe not.
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
There would be peace if you obeyed us.~Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
August_Burns_Red
Posts: 1,253
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/1/2015 8:44:16 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/1/2015 8:17:46 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 7/31/2015 1:32:39 AM, Sooner wrote:
What is a very screwed up or crazy theory that is at least mildly logical, plausable, or conceavable? (Existing or new theory)

Well my current favorite is by a Biologist named Rupert Sneldrake. He thinks that Nature has a sort of Memory Field from which it can teach itself and learn. Like trees in a forest communicating to ward off pests. Or birds flying together in a field and being connected telepathically. Or dogs knowing when their masters are coming home. Even when the masters come at different times, in different cars. Crystals that grow faster once that a former set was grown in the same room; the new crystals learn from the old ones. using this Field. He calls it Morphic resonance. We were talking about it on another thread a few days ago. Some of this stuff provokes thought and even makes sense to me. I would love for it to be true, but I dont think there is much evidence. Most of Sheldrake's old colleagues think he is basically
wacky! LOL

-------------

Response: He might be, might not. Einstein was thought to be crazy when he used the term "fabric of space". The Space Time Continuim Model was "laughed at" according to an article I read. But then time passed, and guess what...

Funny how you believers continue to pull crap out of your a$$es whenever it suits your agenda. Perhaps, some day, you'll know the feeling of being honest, or maybe not.

everything I said about sheldrake is true. and that last quote you posted I never said. also...whats with you and saint-on_me? I read some of her/his posts. he/she sounded like a full-on atheist. how this sounds like yours truly i have no idea. but go on thinking what your going to think, my angry friend/ Did you give anyy thought to what I asked you the other day> letting me help you with your anger to God? Probably not but I'm here. We have to begin with what is troubling you so about God. Or whom hurt you in the past. anyway....let me know. I will even make a friendly wager that I can help you thru prayer if you let me. God Bless.
Tomorrow's forecast: God reigns and the Son shines!
DanneJeRusse
Posts: 13,644
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/1/2015 10:15:54 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/1/2015 8:44:16 PM, August_Burns_Red wrote:
At 8/1/2015 8:17:46 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 7/31/2015 1:32:39 AM, Sooner wrote:
What is a very screwed up or crazy theory that is at least mildly logical, plausable, or conceavable? (Existing or new theory)

Well my current favorite is by a Biologist named Rupert Sneldrake. He thinks that Nature has a sort of Memory Field from which it can teach itself and learn. Like trees in a forest communicating to ward off pests. Or birds flying together in a field and being connected telepathically. Or dogs knowing when their masters are coming home. Even when the masters come at different times, in different cars. Crystals that grow faster once that a former set was grown in the same room; the new crystals learn from the old ones. using this Field. He calls it Morphic resonance. We were talking about it on another thread a few days ago. Some of this stuff provokes thought and even makes sense to me. I would love for it to be true, but I dont think there is much evidence. Most of Sheldrake's old colleagues think he is basically
wacky! LOL

-------------

Response: He might be, might not. Einstein was thought to be crazy when he used the term "fabric of space". The Space Time Continuim Model was "laughed at" according to an article I read. But then time passed, and guess what...

Funny how you believers continue to pull crap out of your a$$es whenever it suits your agenda. Perhaps, some day, you'll know the feeling of being honest, or maybe not.

everything I said about sheldrake is true.

Yes, he is a complete wacko, I know that.

and that last quote you posted I never said. also...whats with you and saint-on_me?

You are he, it's obvious. Did you actually believe an idiot like you would have the brains to fool us? LOL.

I read some of her/his posts. he/she sounded like a full-on atheist.

That's because you're a full-on liar.

how this sounds like yours truly i have no idea. but go on thinking what your going to think, my angry friend/ Did you give anyy thought to what I asked you the other day> letting me help you with your anger to God?

I have no anger towards and gods, because no gods have ever been shown to exist, but I understand you're too stupid to get that.

Probably not but I'm here. We have to begin with what is troubling you so about God. Or whom hurt you in the past. anyway....let me know. I will even make a friendly wager that I can help you thru prayer if you let me. God Bless.

LOL. You should probably seek professional help for that habitual lying problem, instead. You need help.
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
There would be peace if you obeyed us.~Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
August_Burns_Red
Posts: 1,253
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/2/2015 1:57:55 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/1/2015 10:15:54 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 8/1/2015 8:44:16 PM, August_Burns_Red wrote:
At 8/1/2015 8:17:46 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 7/31/2015 1:32:39 AM, Sooner wrote:
What is a very screwed up or crazy theory that is at least mildly logical, plausable, or conceavable? (Existing or new theory)

Well my current favorite is by a Biologist named Rupert Sneldrake. He thinks that Nature has a sort of Memory Field from which it can teach itself and learn. Like trees in a forest communicating to ward off pests. Or birds flying together in a field and being connected telepathically. Or dogs knowing when their masters are coming home. Even when the masters come at different times, in different cars. Crystals that grow faster once that a former set was grown in the same room; the new crystals learn from the old ones. using this Field. He calls it Morphic resonance. We were talking about it on another thread a few days ago. Some of this stuff provokes thought and even makes sense to me. I would love for it to be true, but I dont think there is much evidence. Most of Sheldrake's old colleagues think he is basically
wacky! LOL

-------------

Response: He might be, might not. Einstein was thought to be crazy when he used the term "fabric of space". The Space Time Continuim Model was "laughed at" according to an article I read. But then time passed, and guess what...

Funny how you believers continue to pull crap out of your a$$es whenever it suits your agenda. Perhaps, some day, you'll know the feeling of being honest, or maybe not.

everything I said about sheldrake is true.

Yes, he is a complete wacko, I know that.

and that last quote you posted I never said. also...whats with you and saint-on_me?

You are he, it's obvious. Did you actually believe an idiot like you would have the brains to fool us? LOL.

I read some of her/his posts. he/she sounded like a full-on atheist.

That's because you're a full-on liar.

how this sounds like yours truly i have no idea. but go on thinking what your going to think, my angry friend/ Did you give anyy thought to what I asked you the other day> letting me help you with your anger to God?

I have no anger towards and gods, because no gods have ever been shown to exist, but I understand you're too stupid to get that.

Probably not but I'm here. We have to begin with what is troubling you so about God. Or whom hurt you in the past. anyway....let me know. I will even make a friendly wager that I can help you thru prayer if you let me. God Bless.

LOL. You should probably seek professional help for that habitual lying problem, instead. You need help.

Tick tock.....Its been awhile since I've run into somebody as deluded and angry as you my angry friend. Im not sure what your issues are with thinking Ihave lied here but as i said before I speak nothing but the Truth here. As I do in real life. that is non-internet life. I understand that trolls are a part of internet forums, and you take the cake. you create acounts as talmud and then tick tock and then jeffries and then accuse others of doing the same. but most of us have real lives to attend to, as well as my Service ti God,which prevent is from doing that. That a liar and a moral deviant such as yourself would acuse me of ever being dishonest is simply unexcusable. You say "us." But you are the only one deluded enough to not know I have never presented to be anybody other than who I amhere with this account. The whole thing is just plain weird on your part. I have read some of the Saint on Me posts since you brought it up and they sound as different from my views as could be on many subjects.
Again..have you given any thought to my offer topray for you. I will make a freindlt wager: give me your name and locale so I can pray for you properly. For one week. If you notice a change in your life, of the positive, of course, I win. If you dont you win andI publicly admit that the power of prater does NOT work.
Be a man for once. Allow me to help. Address your problem before your anger kills you. I was once like you. I know it CAN kill you. (Do you know Ihave gotten three PM's telling me not to pay attention to your wacky accusings of me? telling me you are known to be disturbed here? As God is my witness--and He is!!--this is theTruth.

Let me Help you!!!
Tomorrow's forecast: God reigns and the Son shines!
dee-em
Posts: 8,289
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/2/2015 6:57:08 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/1/2015 11:32:35 AM, tejretics wrote:
At 7/31/2015 7:45:03 AM, dee-em wrote:
Last Thursdayism:

https://en.wikipedia.org...

Last Thursdayism is a similar response to omphalism which posits that, by the same logic, the world might have been created last Thursday (or by implication, on any other given date and time), but with the appearance of age: people's memories, history books, fossils, light already on the way from distant stars, and so forth. It is aimed at the logic point that when this logic is permitted, it can be used to prove any "fixed date creation" schema.

I don't think it's screwed up, because it only asserts *possibility* -- of course it's logically possible the universe was created last Thursday. It doesn't assert the universe *was* created last Thursday. It's actually a good and true position.

Of course it is possible (assuming a creator). That doesn't make it any less wacky though. It's screwed up because it implies a mischievous, prank-playing god.
Fatihah: It's like your mother making spaghetti and after you taste it and don't like it, you say "well my mom must not exist". Not because their is no logical evidence but because she doesn't do what you want.
Outplayz
Posts: 2,450
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2015 5:37:45 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/30/2015 5:47:22 AM, Sooner wrote:
What is a very screwed up or crazy theory that is at least mildly logical, plausable, or conceavable? (Existing or new theory)

Well, i look at this world as a game per se. As a platform for us to visit. I had to ask some questions to myself to come to this conclusion. My questions are in regards to what we were before this plane. I look at it in a couple of ways:

1st: We were nothing. This is our first and only life. This seems to be the easiest answer, and could be true.

2nd: We were something before this ... but, with no order. As in, we just keep getting reincarnated into worlds as something; human; plant; animal; etc.

3rd: We come from a religion ... One of them of course.

4th: We were immortal before this. More intelligent than are human form, but all different. Similar to are differences as humans, but a step higher. Basically, everyone is there own higher power.

5th: We were immortal and from one source. As in when we pass, we all become one. There is an immortal intelligence that we get sucked back into.

6th: This world is were our identity was created and we take that into another world after. As in, when we die, we become immortal. This life was our first round.

So, idk. The way i look at it is that the 1st can be true, but it's boring bc it is pretty simple. It's the occam's razor way of looking at it. I just personally think we are more complicated, so why go with the easiest answer.

The 2nd is repetitive. We will not know who we were before this life and we will not know after. Just an eternal cycle of death and re-birth.

The 3rd can also be true. One religion might have it down. But, which one? To me, all religion is alike but all religion says they are different. This is too contradictory bc at this point some kind of intelligent creator idea comes into play. Why would an intelligence confuse us? Why would it create conflict? and more so, why is its characteristics so human? If it is an intelligence beyond anything we will every know ... i would think it knows what it's doing. Which brings us to the 4th idea.

In the forth idea, i am speculating that we were all immortal before this life; however, more intelligent, or not ... this idea looks at everyone as their own immortal source. This source picked to come to this world bc it knew what it is doing. How it picked to come into this world or as what character is vastly different. For instance, i may have came here to have a human experience with my family or loved ones. Another may have came here to have a human experience as a cop ... or, murderer. The world is a stage by Shakespeare would be a good analogy through the eyes of this type of source. This idea had me thinking ahead though, on to the fifth idea.

In the fifth idea, i think we all come from one immortal source. A good way to explain this would be to think of yourself as splitting into every personality you think of; giving life to the identities you think about. Kinda like your brain being the pinata and the candy being all the different identities that come out when it is opened. But, ultimately, you are still one. The first source would be all of us.

In the sixth, i am speculating that this world is where we are created. Somehow our minds from birth already have a back up disk ready to go if/when we pass from this world so our identity can live on.

Idk if any of these scenarios are logical outcomes, but they are how i look at things. However, one thing i have picked up is that all of them fit together. For instance, if this is like the sixth idea and we are new identities, then where do we go? It would make sense that the sixth would turn into forth idea that we are all immortal. Then, if one begs the question where did we all come from, the forth would turn into/combine with the fifth idea ... we came from one source. If this one source is all, then it would know it would rather not be all bc then it would be just one and alone. It is better to be many than alone when one learns about being social. If the first source is intelligent, it would know this. Now, since the first source at this point (imo) would rather be many, this would fit into the third idea, religion. Of course we would have many different ideas, views, worlds, fantasies, etc; because we are many and different. Why are we different ... well, how annoying would it be if we were all the same. A mirror image would be rage inducing (maybe that is how rage was created lol). Anyways, all of this fits into the second idea. If one was an immortal source, would it not want to live different worlds? To live certain desires this source would reincarnate itself. It can live as an immortal if it wants, but quite simply, what's the fun in that? Don't get me wrong, it may be great for a gazillion years, but then what? One would get tired of themselves. This links back to the first source, it is better being social instead of just one. OR ... Everything i just said can be stumped by the first ... that this is our only life. I hear this message load and clear ... it is the atheist screaming in our ears to live it up while we are here. Message heard load and clear. Yet, this amazes me that a character like that would be here ... perfect to the cycle we call life. This life is just too amazing to not think there is something more ... i just don't see a reason to conclude with the first idea.

Feel free to add, edit, or delete anything i said ... these are just my thoughts. I have no idea how any of this can be proven by science, but your question got me thinking of my most "screwed" up theory, and at least i think it's logical.
Sooner
Posts: 1,012
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2015 6:21:06 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/3/2015 5:37:45 AM, Outplayz wrote:
At 7/30/2015 5:47:22 AM, Sooner wrote:
What is a very screwed up or crazy theory that is at least mildly logical, plausable, or conceavable? (Existing or new theory)

Well, i look at this world as a game per se. As a platform for us to visit. I had to ask some questions to myself to come to this conclusion. My questions are in regards to what we were before this plane. I look at it in a couple of ways:

1st: We were nothing. This is our first and only life. This seems to be the easiest answer, and could be true.

2nd: We were something before this ... but, with no order. As in, we just keep getting reincarnated into worlds as something; human; plant; animal; etc.

3rd: We come from a religion ... One of them of course.

4th: We were immortal before this. More intelligent than are human form, but all different. Similar to are differences as humans, but a step higher. Basically, everyone is there own higher power.

5th: We were immortal and from one source. As in when we pass, we all become one. There is an immortal intelligence that we get sucked back into.

6th: This world is were our identity was created and we take that into another world after. As in, when we die, we become immortal. This life was our first round.

So, idk. The way i look at it is that the 1st can be true, but it's boring bc it is pretty simple. It's the occam's razor way of looking at it. I just personally think we are more complicated, so why go with the easiest answer.

The 2nd is repetitive. We will not know who we were before this life and we will not know after. Just an eternal cycle of death and re-birth.

The 3rd can also be true. One religion might have it down. But, which one? To me, all religion is alike but all religion says they are different. This is too contradictory bc at this point some kind of intelligent creator idea comes into play. Why would an intelligence confuse us? Why would it create conflict? and more so, why is its characteristics so human? If it is an intelligence beyond anything we will every know ... i would think it knows what it's doing. Which brings us to the 4th idea.

In the forth idea, i am speculating that we were all immortal before this life; however, more intelligent, or not ... this idea looks at everyone as their own immortal source. This source picked to come to this world bc it knew what it is doing. How it picked to come into this world or as what character is vastly different. For instance, i may have came here to have a human experience with my family or loved ones. Another may have came here to have a human experience as a cop ... or, murderer. The world is a stage by Shakespeare would be a good analogy through the eyes of this type of source. This idea had me thinking ahead though, on to the fifth idea.

In the fifth idea, i think we all come from one immortal source. A good way to explain this would be to think of yourself as splitting into every personality you think of; giving life to the identities you think about. Kinda like your brain being the pinata and the candy being all the different identities that come out when it is opened. But, ultimately, you are still one. The first source would be all of us.

In the sixth, i am speculating that this world is where we are created. Somehow our minds from birth already have a back up disk ready to go if/when we pass from this world so our identity can live on.

Idk if any of these scenarios are logical outcomes, but they are how i look at things. However, one thing i have picked up is that all of them fit together. For instance, if this is like the sixth idea and we are new identities, then where do we go? It would make sense that the sixth would turn into forth idea that we are all immortal. Then, if one begs the question where did we all come from, the forth would turn into/combine with the fifth idea ... we came from one source. If this one source is all, then it would know it would rather not be all bc then it would be just one and alone. It is better to be many than alone when one learns about being social. If the first source is intelligent, it would know this. Now, since the first source at this point (imo) would rather be many, this would fit into the third idea, religion. Of course we would have many different ideas, views, worlds, fantasies, etc; because we are many and different. Why are we different ... well, how annoying would it be if we were all the same. A mirror image would be rage inducing (maybe that is how rage was created lol). Anyways, all of this fits into the second idea. If one was an immortal source, would it not want to live different worlds? To live certain desires this source would reincarnate itself. It can live as an immortal if it wants, but quite simply, what's the fun in that? Don't get me wrong, it may be great for a gazillion years, but then what? One would get tired of themselves. This links back to the first source, it is better being social instead of just one. OR ... Everything i just said can be stumped by the first ... that this is our only life. I hear this message load and clear ... it is the atheist screaming in our ears to live it up while we are here. Message heard load and clear. Yet, this amazes me that a character like that would be here ... perfect to the cycle we call life. This life is just too amazing to not think there is something more ... i just don't see a reason to conclude with the first idea.

Feel free to add, edit, or delete anything i said ... these are just my thoughts. I have no idea how any of this can be proven by science, but your question got me thinking of my most "screwed" up theory, and at least i think it's logical.
-------Response-------
Your madness may be your genius. If a brilliant transcended being were to speak to us, he would seem ins ane possibly, but he may be the only sane one in the bunch. Einstein was laughed at a lot. His "insane theories" are laughing now.

Long story short..I like how you think. Your concepts are logical. True? Who knows? But if the true truth were presented to us, would we even accept IT?
Ignoring problems doesn't make them go away.
Outplayz
Posts: 2,450
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2015 6:34:22 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/3/2015 6:21:06 AM, Sooner wrote:
At 8/3/2015 5:37:45 AM, Outplayz wrote:
At 7/30/2015 5:47:22 AM, Sooner wrote:
What is a very screwed up or crazy theory that is at least mildly logical, plausable, or conceavable? (Existing or new theory)

-------Response-------
Your madness may be your genius. If a brilliant transcended being were to speak to us, he would seem ins ane possibly, but he may be the only sane one in the bunch. Einstein was laughed at a lot. His "insane theories" are laughing now.

Long story short..I like how you think. Your concepts are logical. True? Who knows? But if the true truth were presented to us, would we even accept IT?

Good point. I actually had an outer body experience once (on Salvia lol), and in my hallucination i thought i was god and knew everything. I cannot recall too many other experiences in my life in which i was as terrorfied as i was when that happened. I just remember wanting to forget and be a simple human again. Although this experience is highly subjective and anecdotal, I can say it affected my way of thinking about the spiritual. We wouldn't be human if we knew we were something else. To have a human experience you must follow this world's rules. Interesting thing, however, is we can most likely become gods in this universe given time. Science and spirituality need to step it up.
Sooner
Posts: 1,012
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2015 7:20:44 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
"...some kind of intelligent creator idea comes into play. Why would an intelligence confuse us? Why would it create conflict? and more so, why is its characteristics so human?"

-----Response-----
This is a question I have asked myself. (First off, I don't purposefully support any idea as though it is a proveable fact.)

This is not MY unique proposal, so I will give reference to he who answered with this answer, my grandfather.

I once asked him some grinding questions like why does God allow for multiple religions?(He believed in god, thus the question.)

His Answer: Some religion is good. Some is harmless, and some is bad. Everyone is religious in some way. Everyone. What your motive is with the religion, and what you practice defines who you really are.

Speaking about me here> You are not religious you say. No you have not picked a named religion, but you do have a belief, a construct of what you wish were true, and you constantly seek what you think to be the truth.
But if I said God is a rock with consciousness inside, you would not believe me. You have a belief, even if the belief is I don't believe god is rock with consciousness, etc, etc. That is a foundation of some kind of belief. Everyone has a belief and a motive behind that belief.

He said something I agree with. Atheism is a belief. The motive of each individual is unknown but to themselves. It could be a hope or an ideology. Here are some Atheist motives:
1) "I don't obey the principles of Christianity, so I hope the Christian God doesn't exist to judge me."
2)"No one is the boss of me. I am my own boss."
3)I do not practice the pillars of Islam, so I hope Allah does not exist to judge me."
4)I have not seen, therefore I do not believe.
5)"I used to believe, felt my cries for help were unheard, therefore I have an example to myself as to why I don't believe."
6)"I do not want to be reincarnated as a slug, so I reject reincarnation."
7)"I do not want to be like the people practicing that religion."
8)"If God exists, I assume he is smart. I have lived honorably. He should know the difference. I should be fine. I have not seen any god, so I feel fine with my disbelief."
9)"I am confident in myself and in a possible intelligent creator. I'll believe what I see."

You get the idea. He was saying why does the person choose their belief? What do they use it for? He pointed out Ghandi. Ghandi was not a Christian like my grandfather, but he was a philanthropist(a real one). He lived with the poor and for the poor. He even stated that he liked "Biblical Jesus". Okay, now take Mother Theresa. She was a Catholic, but as Ghandi, she was a philanthropist who lived with the poor and for the poor. Could it be that their motives are basically the same. Two different religions, but the same result, the same general concept of good, and the same type of heart. They had a framework from a religion, but had a similar "spirit" if you will.

You mentioned "conflict".
1)Perhaps manmade
2)If he is good, a natural conflict arises from those who are not. He may declare a conflict will happen but not be its infiltrator.

Having said that, I endorse nothing. This is just trying to find logic within your question as I might any question I feel I have a reasonable explanation for. For me to claim any facts as to "the mind of God", if you will, would be dishonest and unfair on my part. I "know" nothing, but I enjoy thinking.

In fairness, I am not an Atheist. I claim no religion either. But, like you, I am naturally drawn to searching for more, no matter what the "more" is. I find no reward with Atheism. Some do. That's their right.

I personally seek for a more satisfying answer, not because of some religious-like motive, but because I would like seconds if I can have them. That seems rational to me. I am not "full" yet. I can invision many logic based alternative possibilities. I personally do care about others. If they are not full, I wish seconds for them as well. If someone is mentally and physically blasted, I understand their reach for a very finalized ending. I hope for the best. I hope for good things. I hope the best for all of us. Is that "screwed up"? No way...
Ignoring problems doesn't make them go away.
ironslippers
Posts: 545
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2015 9:21:57 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/30/2015 5:47:22 AM, Sooner wrote:
What is a very screwed up or crazy theory that is at least mildly logical, plausable, or conceavable? (Existing or new theory)

I like to lock my keys in my car so I don't lose them
Everyone stands on their own dung hill and speaks out about someone else's - Nathan Krusemark
Its easier to criticize and hate than it is to support and create - I Ron Slippers
Sooner
Posts: 1,012
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2015 9:44:27 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
Our world history is a dislexic version of how it happened on the planet Htrae.
Ignoring problems doesn't make them go away.
Sooner
Posts: 1,012
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2015 9:46:49 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
Monkeys do not like eating bananas. They just like the color yellow.
Ignoring problems doesn't make them go away.
DanneJeRusse
Posts: 13,644
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2015 3:03:43 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/2/2015 1:57:55 AM, August_Burns_Red wrote:
At 8/1/2015 10:15:54 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 8/1/2015 8:44:16 PM, August_Burns_Red wrote:
At 8/1/2015 8:17:46 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 7/31/2015 1:32:39 AM, Sooner wrote:
What is a very screwed up or crazy theory that is at least mildly logical, plausable, or conceavable? (Existing or new theory)

Well my current favorite is by a Biologist named Rupert Sneldrake. He thinks that Nature has a sort of Memory Field from which it can teach itself and learn. Like trees in a forest communicating to ward off pests. Or birds flying together in a field and being connected telepathically. Or dogs knowing when their masters are coming home. Even when the masters come at different times, in different cars. Crystals that grow faster once that a former set was grown in the same room; the new crystals learn from the old ones. using this Field. He calls it Morphic resonance. We were talking about it on another thread a few days ago. Some of this stuff provokes thought and even makes sense to me. I would love for it to be true, but I dont think there is much evidence. Most of Sheldrake's old colleagues think he is basically
wacky! LOL

-------------

Response: He might be, might not. Einstein was thought to be crazy when he used the term "fabric of space". The Space Time Continuim Model was "laughed at" according to an article I read. But then time passed, and guess what...

Funny how you believers continue to pull crap out of your a$$es whenever it suits your agenda. Perhaps, some day, you'll know the feeling of being honest, or maybe not.

everything I said about sheldrake is true.

Yes, he is a complete wacko, I know that.

and that last quote you posted I never said. also...whats with you and saint-on_me?

You are he, it's obvious. Did you actually believe an idiot like you would have the brains to fool us? LOL.

I read some of her/his posts. he/she sounded like a full-on atheist.

That's because you're a full-on liar.

how this sounds like yours truly i have no idea. but go on thinking what your going to think, my angry friend/ Did you give anyy thought to what I asked you the other day> letting me help you with your anger to God?

I have no anger towards and gods, because no gods have ever been shown to exist, but I understand you're too stupid to get that.

Probably not but I'm here. We have to begin with what is troubling you so about God. Or whom hurt you in the past. anyway....let me know. I will even make a friendly wager that I can help you thru prayer if you let me. God Bless.

LOL. You should probably seek professional help for that habitual lying problem, instead. You need help.

Tick tock.....Its been awhile since I've run into somebody as deluded and angry as you my angry friend.

LOL. Yes, I;m sure you run into all kinds of angry people, right after you lie to them.

Im not sure what your issues are with thinking Ihave lied here but as i said before I speak nothing but the Truth here.

Yeah, sure you do, SoM. Just like your time machine bs, the honest truth. Hilarious.

As I do in real life. that is non-internet life. I understand that trolls are a part of internet forums, and you take the cake. you create acounts as talmud and then tick tock and then jeffries and then accuse others of doing the same. but most of us have real lives to attend to, as well as my Service ti God,which prevent is from doing that. That a liar and a moral deviant such as yourself would acuse me of ever being dishonest is simply unexcusable.

But, you are a liar, your thread on time machines confirmed that. You even sent me a PM admitting your lies. It's the one time you were actually honest.

You say "us." But you are the only one deluded enough to not know I have never presented to be anybody other than who I amhere with this account. The whole thing is just plain weird on your part. I have read some of the Saint on Me posts since you brought it up and they sound as different from my views as could be on many subjects.

LOL. And yet, you are SoM and you know it. Your childish game has been exposed yet again.

Again..have you given any thought to my offer topray for you. I will make a freindlt wager: give me your name and locale so I can pray for you properly. For one week. If you notice a change in your life, of the positive, of course, I win. If you dont you win andI publicly admit that the power of prater does NOT work.

Yes, just like your time machine thread, you will continue to pile up the lies.

Be a man for once. Allow me to help. Address your problem before your anger kills you. I was once like you. I know it CAN kill you. (Do you know Ihave gotten three PM's telling me not to pay attention to your wacky accusings of me? telling me you are known to be disturbed here? As God is my witness--and He is!!--this is theTruth.

Let me Help you!!!

LOL. Sorry, but your pathetic childish games are of no interest to me. You can fool others and continue yanking their chains to get your jollies if you wish.
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
There would be peace if you obeyed us.~Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
RoyLatham
Posts: 4,488
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2015 8:04:02 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
A theory is "screwed up" if it is "proven false," but a theory is also "screwed up" as a scientific theory if there is no way to prove it true or false. All that can be done with the Sneldrake theory is to show that there are alternative explanations for some of the things it claims to explains, but anything not yet explained remains as evidence consistent with the theory. No disproof is possible as far as I can see, so it's screwed up.
RoyLatham
Posts: 4,488
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2015 8:16:13 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Phrenology was a popular theory in the nineteenth century. The idea was that human personality could be deduced from the shape of the skull. Measurements were made in an attempt to find the common skull shape characteristics of criminals and the mentally ill. My understanding that the theory fell from favor around 1900.

The theory of the luminiferous ether featured an invisible fluid that filled the universe and enabled light to propagate. The famous Michelson-Morley experiment disproved the theory c. 1880 by showing that light propagated the same upstream and downstream in the postulated either.

One modern screwed up theory is that consuming cholesterol causes heart disease. The theory originated with a scientist who surveyed 22 countries and suppressed the data from the half of the countries who contradicted the theory. It was confirmed using experiments on rabbits. Being vegetarian, rabbits react very poorly to cholesterol. A summary of all the studies was done by Cambridge University, and they found no proof of the theory. It's still widely believed.