Real Creatures Why Evolution, Why?

Sooner
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/1/2015 6:02:34 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
Name real creatures that make you ask Evolution, "why?"
Ignoring problems doesn't make them go away.
DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/1/2015 8:09:54 PM
At 8/1/2015 6:02:34 AM, Sooner wrote:

Stupid Christians. Why?
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
August_Burns_Red
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/1/2015 9:32:55 PM

Mosquitos!
Tomorrow's forecast: God reigns and the Son shines!
August_Burns_Red
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/1/2015 9:33:29 PM
At 8/1/2015 8:09:54 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:

Stupid Christians. Why?

Did you think about my offer, Talmud?
August_Burns_Red
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/1/2015 9:39:34 PM

Flies too!

this question reminds of of a line from an old movie where George Burns played God and he admitted he made some mistakes with Creation.

"Don't get me wrong; I'm not perfect. I made some mistakes. Avocados, for example; I made the pits too big!" LOL
DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/1/2015 10:08:10 PM
At 8/1/2015 9:33:29 PM, August_Burns_Red wrote:

Stupid Christians. Why?

Of course not, only a complete idiot would have anything to do with you.
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Sidewalker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/2/2015 12:30:28 AM

Mosquitos
Noseeums
Chihuahuas
Donald Trump
Saint_of_Me
"It is one of the commonest of mistakes to consider that the limit of our power of perception is also the limit of all there is to perceive." " C. W. Leadbeater
Sooner
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/2/2015 9:04:51 AM

Stupid Christians. Why?

I understand your plite. I'm Agnostic, but play devil's advocate on here a lot. I've had Creationists and Atheists alike come after me in anger on this forum. I lost most of my faith after losing both my parents, losing my home and both my vehicles, while being stationed in Iraq after September 11th with the World Trade Centers attacks, and all because of my mate taking the money I was sending to pay the bills and buying drugs. She lost herself when I got sent away. She discovered deap depression, which was something she never knew before and neither did I. She didn't know how to deal with it. I came back to nothing, never having known my home and vehicles were taken while gone. One parent passed away while I was gone, but I had so many distractions and focuses that I was tempoararily fine I guess. I still had the parent that I was closer to as well, so I did fine mentally looking back.

I was in the siege on Baghdad, mentally strong pretty much at the time. There were thousands upon thousands of us. I subconsciously thought we were invincible. If you can invision thousands of hum v's, military transports, jeeps, armored vehicles, tanks, etc. Crossing the desert. Everyone is trained. Everyone is armed. Everyone is singing and jamming, and we have the support of other countrys' militaries. We had all of our sterios blaring powerful rock music. It was intoxicating, I was young, and hadn't ever been seriously challenged yet in my life except for losing a parent to a heart attack. I had so many friends in the military. I just felt fine. I later told a military psychologist(we were all required to see) that this was when my beliefs began to slowly change. She asked me how it made me feel that my beliefs could be wrong. I told her it relieved me. I asked her if she thought it was bad that I had let go of most of my faith. She said it's different with each person,"Some gain strength from it. Some are destroyed by it. And some take 10 steps back to take 10 steps forward." She was saying there is no answer. Everyone is different.

Religion creates some of the worst and best people that walk this Earth. It does good things. It does bad things. Would the world be better without religion in my opinion? Yes and no.

My father had fought in Vietnam, and I heard the stories, but now it was real. I remembered him saying it was hard because, the ages and appearance of their enemy was basically everyone. Everyone he came across was the enemy in that war. He had said that many were hopped up on drugs that made them machines. He told of a crowd his group came upon one time. The crowd had kids, women, elderly, obvious soldiers mixed in, and many who just looked like 40-65 year old guys, most probably not a threat. Dad's group was heavily armed, and strong in number. They were unaware at this point what they were up against. The crowd turned on them with no sense of strategy or logic. Dad's group was fired on by hundreds of armed men, soldiers, women, children, and the elderly. From kids to the elderly, they were pretty much all in a drug enduced reality. They fought like animals because of the drugs, even children. His group dropped every single person in the crowd. Dad always emphasized the word "everyone" when he described who all they killed. People asked Dad how he dealt with it. Dad said,"I had instincts. I had "brothers" with me no matter what, and I had faith. We all did. We gathered together later. Our leadership had us stand in a circle holding hands. We prayed for strength, for wisdom, for forgiveness, and for healing. And we faced it over and over again. Those of us who made it, came home to ignorance, demonstrations, and no understanding. We weren't honored, but shamed by the media, but they didn't know. The pictures made us look bad. The numbers made us look like fools.

Later on in life, Dad was asked to share his testimony in front of the church. I found his notes in a box later for reference, but I remembered the idea behind his testimony. I'll share a general overview of his words.

"Society crucified us, and I rarely told anyone I fought in Vietnam. I wouldn't even stand at functions where they asked veterans to stand up for years. Finally, one day, the request was made, and my wife urged me to stand up. After time, it was applauded by society to be a veteran of Vietnam or any war. Society was less judgemental and more educated on what we faced eventually. Once PTSD was acknowledged and explained, people began to understand that soldiers paid a price. We sacrificed our bodies, our minds, and even our faith. We all paid a price. We went to church for healing, to make sense of that unending nightmare, to recieve forgiveness, and to gather support. I lost my innocence. I had my faith challenged. I needed peace. I quit overthinking my beliefs, and I surrendered my quest to understand everything. I heard Jesus' words and let them heal. I always doubted after that, but his words calmed me. His words were healing. His words were all I needed. He reached out his hand to me. I reached back to him, we looked each other in the eye, I envisioned him hanging there crucified. Whoever he was, he represented who I wanted to be, what sacrifice looked like, and he understood every one of my feelings. I chose to trust him. I chose to hurt with him. I chose to heal with him. But I was never the same. I hurt, but now I was empathetic, merciful, giving, forgiving, understanding, sympathetic, kind, and able to understand others' shortcomings and hurts. I was less, but I was more. I knew what the quote meant finally. 'To live is loss. But to die with Christ is gain'. I have lost so much here on Earth, but I have gained so much of what I need to find acceptance, what I need to comfortably hold His hand spiritually, and pass in peace. I no longer am afraid. I picture 100 years from now, and no matter the outcome, I am fine with it. 'When I am weak, He is strong.' 'When I am faithless, He is faithful.' And if it was all just a beautiful story, then my hurting heart will hurt no longer. I appreciate that people loved him in person 2,000 years ago, so much so that they were willing to die before they would ever deny Him, and they fought to tell His story. The strength and sacrifice of his early followers is mysterious. They either knew something incredible, or they were all completely decieved by someone who taught them to be better people towards one another. He taught them a better way. If only people would listen to His words. His words are simple. 'Christians' have made it hard. People lack the experiences to fairly judge well. Religion can be a weapon to heal or to hurt."

I realized why Dad was "broken" later. He was a good man. War had conflicted with his programming. Killing is natural to animals, but it was not to a kid who was raised to love even his enemy. Some people practice bad behavior towards others whether religious or not. I've seen bad people from every genre. I do wonder though, is religion currently a threat to the world?
ironslippers
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/2/2015 10:53:23 AM

homo-sapeans (emotions) why?
Everyone stands on their own dung hill and speaks out about someone else's - Nathan Krusemark
Its easier to criticize and hate than it is to support and create - I Ron Slippers
Sooner
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/2/2015 11:27:45 AM
And to this I say yes, not to religion in general, but to point out that many bad things have been done in the name of religion. Wars and battles are fought in the name of religion.

If Judaism, Christianity, and Islam did not exist, would the ongoing conflict in the Middle East between Palestinians and Israelis have ended long ago? Would September 11th attacks on the World Trade Centers in the U.S.A. have ever happened? Would David Carresh have taken hostages in Waco, Texas in the U.S. while claiming to be the 2nd coming of the Messiah? Would suicide bombings across the world exist? Would the world be better off not having heard the word Armaggedon? Would Earth be better off if words and terms like Jihad, infidels, holy war, Hell, trangressors, judgement day, and "sinners" didn't exist?

But is it "religion" that is the problem or is it human beings that are the problem? I say both. Religion has caused damage, yes, but I also ask, what would have and has happened without it or despite of it?

1)Oklahoma City Bombing on FM building:
The two men responsible for this attack were not especially religious. Religion was not mentioned as their motive. McVeigh had been in the military, felt betrayed by his country, and became a part of a militant group. He retaliated against the government and claimed the government was the problem. I sympathize with him on that one, but blowing up a building in OKC? What did they accomplish? Did religion play any part? Not that I know of. Sometimes messed up stuff just gets executed, and the reason is unclear. Mankind is crazy with or without help. Radical religion adds toxic fuel to an already existing fire. The world is just messed up.

World War II:
Religion? Not so much. Hitler was power hungry, found a group to target and blame, and got influence over the masses through showing some signs of being helpful and trustworthy, and promising answers to their mountain of problems. He used every emotion and tactic to empose his will. He used hope, flattery, fear, propaganda, lies, the truth, trust, anger, frustration, intimidation, love, hate, ignorance, unity, and divisions. He used all human logic and lack thereof to emass an army, agressively chase technology, gather alliances, and unite a beaten group by making the future seem bright, giving colorful speeches, and showing no fear. He was a leader with a sugar coated tongue, an unshakeable confidence, a plan, a victim, an enemy, and led those who were desperate for anything. Life was in dire need of help in Germany. I've always asked how this insanity ever grew legs, but it did. Then it grew a head, a tail, claws, fangs, arms, and a philosophy of madness. I don't speak German, but I've watched some of Hitler's speeches with closed captions at the bottom. He had passion. He had leadership qualities galore. He had power, a planned direction, and support. As he moved the masses, his inner self exhaulted itself. The dominoes zigged and zagged back and forth. As his influence grew, his power grew. As his power grew, his image of himself grew. He appeared as a man inspired, a man on a mission, a man of divine inspiration. He had his soldiers injest methamphetamine. They stayed hopped up, and so did he. Anyone who has ever witnessed someone on it or has done it knows quite well what drove this adrenaline fueled, Euphoric state of mind, "conquer at all costs" passion and fury. Naziism got them hooked, became their dealer, and kept them craving, kept them desperate and emotional, and fueled them forward with power. Those who were coming down were over come greatly by those coming up. They climbed on each others' shoulders like a never ending escalator. The allies were outmatched heavily, never really knowing why at first. But the thing about a high is it ends, and is followed by an even heavier low. The high was climbing ever upward, making Naziism seem invincible. My grandfather wrote in his journal that he felt the war turned because the Nazis plateaued their high. He felt the dropping of the atomic bombs on Japan came at the perfect time. The high was getting harder to maintain for the Nazis. The high was crawling back towards using it just to feel normal. Normal Nazis weren't so hard to battle. He recollected a British commander yelling,"they are used up!" Over and over. He recalled an American commander telling American soldiers they had something the Nazis did not have,"faith, hope and love", going further to say,"God is with us. Our families are with us. And hope is with us." In that day, he recollected,"America was united, as an imperfect place, but a place of faith. We had something to fight for. Our advantage was our faith. The fact that our country made it into existance at all, seemed a miracle. We felt we were the hand of God in this war. When the bombs were dropped, we gained ground, and the war turned, we dug deep. We would not be denied. It was percieved divine. In the Hell of it all, we found strength."

He stated much later in his journal that,"Many felt overwhelmed. We could not see it at first. The evil was too dark and to deep. We were scared. But we always heard the speeches and the preaching. Our entire nation rallied behind us. Our wives took our backs. Our wives! They became the men. They picked up our households with a vengeance. Their determination fueled our determination. The letters kept us going. Someone would get a letter, and we all stopped. We needed to hear something from home, anything. (I'll delete the name)John Doe's momma told him to trust in the Lord. She urged him to be brave and to fight for those he loved. He was a man now. It was time to stand as a man. She told him to do whatever it took. God could forgive later. She'd allready spoken to Him it seemed. She was speaking to all of us, and probably never knew it. Our faith secured us. We needed everyone, Pa, momma, sissy, old lady, and God. We had it all. We made it because we knew He was with us and was good. Now I'm back with my very own mother and all of my six brothers. I thought I'd never see them again, but here we all are. How? The grace of God. We went in with country ways, nieve, ignorant, religious folks, but came out changed. We will be forever changed, but at least we have each other. I love my family. Thank you God for all that I have. Humbly, I Thank you."

Hitler wasn't made by religion, but those who defeated him were united by it. Religion can be bad, but in its right context, CAN be good. Some religion is bad though, no matter what. Religion has power, good and bad.

I read an article in my local paper. A family had gone homeless, living in their car. The transmission began to fail. They thought hope was gone, but the dad met a man who happened to be a mechanic. He told the man his problem not knowing he was a mechanic. The mechanic got his trailor, brought the car to his shop and fixed it. He didn't charge them. He said the Lord tugged at his heart, and he had to help them.

This was faith doing good. This is what makes this hard for me. Religion has saved this world and helped people, but it has also brought on some of the worst events in human history. The problem is that religion with education and a base programming of doing good can be a great thing. Religion unifies. Good unity can accomplish greatness and be beautiful. Bad unity based off of ignorance, a core programming of irrational, misguided hate, intolerance, or world domination at all costs is horrible.

If people would allow the general, good concepts of a religion, mixed with common sense, education, tolerance, and an evolving nature which is appropriate with the knowledge and lessons of new time periods fuel their "core selves", religion would be great. I understand that some use it in such mannor. I just don't think humans overall use religion effectively and with good motives. My grandfather used it well, but in the day of drones and nucleur weapons, ill motived religion is sca
Sooner
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/2/2015 1:45:38 PM
Cockroach?
Can survive nucleur blasts apparently to enable it and its kin to live in trash and nasty up homes.
Sooner
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/2/2015 1:46:45 PM

Stupid Christians. Why?

Stupid anything can be bad. ;-)
kp98
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/2/2015 1:52:03 PM
Cockroach?
Can survive nucleur blasts

And yet people say evolution isn't teleological... it's 4 days to the 70th anniversary of Hiroshima, folks.
dee-em
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/2/2015 2:52:23 PM

Stupid Christians. Why?

I can assure you that Danne is not bornofgod (BoG) aka Talmud aka ... aka Brad Holkesvig.

Wherever did you get that idea?
Sooner
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/2/2015 3:28:19 PM
At 8/2/2015 1:52:03 PM, kp98 wrote:
Cockroach?
Can survive nucleur blasts

And yet people say evolution isn't teleological... it's 4 days to the 70th anniversary of Hiroshima, folks.

I think there's an ancient Atheist prophecy about the 70th year, a cockroach, a debate forum, and some out of his mind future being that goes by "sooner", but I could be wrong. It was prophecied by one of the "Ancient Atheists" in the book of First or second Quantums. If not mistaken, it is II Quantums 7:15. "In the 70th year after the second and third "Little Bangs" a "forum of debate" shall bring forth a strange being of different speech. He shall be called "Sooner" but shall not be called Later. He shall pose a final question that signals a new day, a day of man's demise, a day of heat, destruction, and mourning. A fourth "bang" shall manifest. It shall be smaller than "The Big Bang", but bigger than the 2nd and 3rd "Little Bangs", a new type of bang, a manmade bang. A bang brought on by many red things called "buttons". The moon will be red as blood. The sun shall not cast forth her light, and man shall be no more. A new day shall arise. A bug shall crawl from neath the rock. Then some. Then many. And the "Roach" shall rule the Earth. The 2 first roaches shall be Everett and Adamina. 1,000,000 roaches shall march to the East, and this shall be the first day. Paradise shall arise. Trash shall become kingdoms. That which was rotten shall be eaten. A fine day. A new day. The "Dawn of the Roach".
Sooner
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/2/2015 3:44:16 PM
I believe I and II Quantums is after AbioGenesis, Exodus, and Leviticus. ;-)
DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/2/2015 5:26:21 PM
At 8/2/2015 2:52:23 PM, dee-em wrote:

Stupid Christians. Why?

I can assure you that Danne is not bornofgod (BoG) aka Talmud aka ... aka Brad Holkesvig.

That's Saint_of_Me's desperate attempt to take away the focus on his new sock puppet.
August_Burns_Red
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/2/2015 8:13:16 PM

Stupid Christians. Why?

Meh...I figured he was doing a sort of devils advocate sock puppet thing, on one account coming across as the rigid angry atheist and then going to the other side with the religious zealot. also he gave me a laugh on accusing me of being a former member who was an atheist too, at least i think he was from his posts. saint-on-me or whatever the name was. so I reckon I was giving him a taste of own medecine in a way. when i was in school I had a assignment for a pol-sci class where we had to go to two different wevsites--a conservative and a liberal and do that, stir up convos by playing devil advocate and then we wrote a paper on he different views and responses. gave me the idea, is all. God Bless.
Otokage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/2/2015 10:39:04 PM
At 8/2/2015 1:45:38 PM, Sooner wrote:
Cockroach?
Can survive nucleur blasts apparently to enable it and its kin to live in trash and nasty up homes.

I think that's kind of an urban legend, you know...
Sooner
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2015 12:12:56 AM
At 8/2/2015 10:39:04 PM, Otokage wrote:
At 8/2/2015 1:45:38 PM, Sooner wrote:
Cockroach?

I think that's kind of an urban legend, you know...

------Urban Legend------
I don't know... I've witnessed a lot of nucleur blasts and cockroach survival, as far as you know. ;-)
dee-em
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2015 4:15:55 AM
At 8/2/2015 5:26:21 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:

Stupid Christians. Why?

That's Saint_of_Me's desperate attempt to take away the focus on his new sock puppet.

No, I don't think so.