Jump to topic:

Transsexualism (dirty thread)

Vox_Veritas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/4/2015 11:46:31 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
I was wondering as to whether or not trans people who are initially biologically male literally change their biological gender.
I mean, does a dude who goes trans just chop his wiener off, purchase/construct rubber breasts, grow his hair long, wear female clothing, and give himself a new identity (after all, he lost his wiener so he must not be a man anymore)? Or does "sex reassignment surgery" actually change your biology to female?
If it's the latter, then to what degree? Do they just lose their wieners and get injected with female hormones that change their appearance to female and perhaps cause them to grow breasts? Or, do they lose their wiener and receive female reproductive organs to replace their male ones, followed by a change in the rest of their appearance and they leave it at that? Or does it legit change one's biology down to the microscopic level and make them genuinely female in every sense of the word? Or is it none of the above?

I'm just curious here. Please give me an answer without being horrifically crude. Thank you.
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid
RuvDraba
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/5/2015 12:11:38 AM
At 8/4/2015 11:46:31 PM, Vox_Veritas wrote:
I was wondering as to whether or not trans people who are initially biologically male literally change their biological gender.

VV, I have a transgender friend who's early in the process. The process may be individual, but can typically involve:

* Psychiatric consultation;
* Hormones that change both physiology and psychology;
* Changing clothes, toilet use and social roles; and
* Surgery to change genital shape, and possibly alter other parts of physiology cosmetically.

This usually happens in carefully-managed stages, typically over a period of several years.

There are so many lasting physical, psychological and social costs and side-effects, it's not a fate you'd wish on anyone, and certainly not something anyone should do lightly. Really, the only good reason to undertake it is that you'd be miserable your whole life if you didn't.
Such
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/5/2015 12:17:26 AM
I mean, does a dude who goes trans just chop his wiener off, purchase/construct rubber breasts, grow his hair long, wear female clothing, and give himself a new identity (after all, he lost his wiener so he must not be a man anymore)? Or does "sex reassignment surgery" actually change your biology to female?
If it's the latter, then to what degree? Do they just lose their wieners and get injected with female hormones that change their appearance to female and perhaps cause them to grow breasts? Or, do they lose their wiener and receive female reproductive organs to replace their male ones, followed by a change in the rest of their appearance and they leave it at that? Or does it legit change one's biology down to the microscopic level and make them genuinely female in every sense of the word? Or is it none of the above?

I'm just curious here. Please give me an answer without being horrifically crude. Thank you.

My honest response, initially and without thinking, is that you're overthinking it.

Really, one should simply pursue what one wants -- both in terms of who they are and who they want.
Vox_Veritas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/5/2015 1:54:16 AM
At 8/5/2015 12:17:26 AM, Such wrote:

My honest response, initially and without thinking, is that you're overthinking it.

Really, one should simply pursue what one wants -- both in terms of who they are and who they want.

It kind of does matter. What critics of transsexualism say is that they haven't actually changed their genders and thus trans people are deluding themselves. The weight of this argument is dependent on the scope of biological changes caused by sex reassignment surgery.

The DDO Blog:

August_Burns_Red
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/5/2015 3:13:00 AM

first lesson: castration doesnt mean chopping off one's "weiner" as you so eloquently put it, but rather his testicles. Also known as emasculation. the Johnson is basically just an emitting tube for urinating and ejaculation of spunk during Sex.
anyway........"Ouch!" LOL
God Bless. (are ya thinking of switching sides, VV?).
Tomorrow's forecast: God reigns and the Son shines!
August_Burns_Red
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/5/2015 3:15:07 AM
and I was just a thinkin' that you could switch your Username to "Voxanne" if you undergo the procedure! LOL. Just joking around, brother; we need more humour here. GodBless
Tomorrow's forecast: God reigns and the Son shines!
Vox_Veritas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/5/2015 4:15:07 AM
Major deja vu....it's uncanny how much like Saint_of_Me you are.

The DDO Blog: