Jump to topic:

State of the Forum

Midnight1131
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/6/2015 8:49:11 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
I can't be the only one who noticed that the science forum is basically leftovers from the religion forum right? People could've been discussing the New Horizons flyby but instead there's just arguments about God and "evolution v. creationism" here 24/7. I'd like to kindly request that those topics be submitted to the religion forum.
#GaryJohnson2016
#TaxationisTheft
#TheftisTaxation
August_Burns_Red
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/7/2015 2:08:58 AM
At 8/6/2015 8:49:11 PM, Midnight1131 wrote:
I can't be the only one who noticed that the science forum is basically leftovers from the religion forum right? People could've been discussing the New Horizons flyby but instead there's just arguments about God and "evolution v. creationism" here 24/7. I'd like to kindly request that those topics be submitted to the religion forum.

I agree. I spend most of my time on religion forum but would be over here more if there was just more stuff here. as it is now this science forum is pretty dead. one of my few disappointments about DDO.
Tomorrow's forecast: God reigns and the Son shines!
dee-em
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/7/2015 7:08:55 AM

Unfortunately there is a spate of users who won't heed that call. I'm talking about Skyangel, Electric-Eccentric, BOHICA, v3nesi, janesix, Sooner, Evidence and the other science deniers. I suspect some of being sock-puppets of each other. I'm not sure what can be done other than to ignore them as trolls.
DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/8/2015 3:45:23 PM

One has to simply look at the pinned thread at the top of the forum to see the mods here have no clue what science is or care in the least that anything scientific shows up here. You'll have to go to a real science forum is you want to discuss science, this forum is a joke.
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
JMcKinley
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/10/2015 3:57:41 PM
I agree. The mods need to do a much better job at regulating the science forum. There is way too much religious talk going on here.
fromantle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2015 6:58:01 AM

Yes you are right but it points towards what is popular.Science to mang means opposing religion. Not many want to discuss obtuse scientific subjects like the benzene ring or the epansion of water as it cools between four and freezing point.