Cancer Cells turned back to Normal

Midnight1131
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2015 2:11:51 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
Full Headline

Scientists successfully turn human cancer cells back to normal in process that could "switch off" disease.

Link

http://news.nationalpost.com...
#GaryJohnson2016
#TaxationisTheft
#TheftisTaxation
MagicAintReal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2015 2:17:27 AM
At 8/26/2015 2:11:51 AM, Midnight1131 wrote:
Full Headline

Scientists successfully turn human cancer cells back to normal in process that could "switch off" disease.

Link

This is truly awesome. This is why science is so crucial. Excellent article.
anonymouse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2015 2:28:24 AM
Full Headline

Link

Science is autistic
MagicAintReal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2015 3:53:36 PM
At 8/26/2015 2:28:24 AM, anonymouse wrote:
Full Headline

Link

Science is autistic

This makes no sense, and is a futile attempt to offend/incite anger.
August_Burns_Red
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2015 10:34:46 PM
At 8/26/2015 2:17:27 AM, MagicAintReal wrote:
Full Headline

Link

Agreed! This could be the medical science story of the Century! And I smell a Nobel Prize for those guys.

Again. Thank God for giving us these Fine Minds that He Created! A true blessing. I love how Religion and Science can be mutually beneficial and not always at odds.

God Bless!! And thanks for the Story!
Tomorrow's forecast: God reigns and the Son shines!
MagicAintReal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2015 10:43:16 PM
At 8/27/2015 10:34:46 PM, August_Burns_Red wrote:
Full Headline

Link

Agreed! This could be the medical science story of the Century! And I smell a Nobel Prize for those guys.

Again. Thank God for giving us these Fine Minds that He Created! A true blessing. I love how Religion and Science can be mutually beneficial and not always at odds.

Well had god not created cancer in the first place...we wouldn't need these "Fine Minds" to cure it.
Also had god been doing his job, he could have just gotten rid of cancer.
dee-em
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/28/2015 11:30:33 AM
Full Headline

Link

This is typical of the arrogance of theists. You don't thank evolution for producing these fine minds and the scientific method for harnessing them, but instead you have to attribute credit to your non-existent sky fairy. Religion has fought science every step of the way since the time of Galileo. Members of your religion are still idiotically trying to dispute evolution after over a century and a half.

Has it occurred to you that the majority of these fine minds which you claim your sky fairy created overwhelmingly reject the idea of a personal god? The elite scientists which you are lauding would laugh at your suggestion that they have a deity to thank for their brains. That is the irony which you fail to appreciate.
August_Burns_Red
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/28/2015 9:07:48 PM
At 8/28/2015 11:30:33 AM, dee-em wrote:
Full Headline

Link

This is typical of the arrogance of theists. You don't thank evolution for producing these fine minds and the scientific method for harnessing them, but instead you have to attribute credit to your non-existent sky fairy. Religion has fought science every step of the way since the time of Galileo. Members of your religion are still idiotically trying to dispute evolution after over a century and a half.

Has it occurred to you that the majority of these fine minds which you claim your sky fairy created overwhelmingly reject the idea of a personal god? The elite scientists which you are lauding would laugh at your suggestion that they have a deity to thank for their brains. That is the irony which you fail to appreciate.

Oh I believe in Evolution. Geez, dude, how many times have I said that here on DDO? A dozen? More? And more and more elite scientists (whatever THAT means) are realizing that they can't answer some Big and Basic questions like they thought, thus are entertaining the idea of at least a Deist God. This will increase in the next couple of decades--just you watch. And remember who told ya first! LOL.

Science is going backwards in many ways. Another claim I've made many times here. And just yesterday I read in a one-year old Scientific American mag that now they know they DONT even know the size of a proton!!! And one of the laws they thought they had down pat---QED--has some aspect of it for their errors in trying to measure the proton. Experiment with lasers aimed at simple muonized hydrogen atoms yielded results of proton size that differed up to FIVE TIMES different!! Dark Energy, Dark Matter; No Graviton. Inability to prove abiogenesis. All hints that God is about to show His Face. And more proof that the biblical claim of Man's alleged knowledge being Folly in the eyes of God is a true and timeless one.
August_Burns_Red
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/28/2015 9:11:37 PM
At 8/27/2015 10:43:16 PM, MagicAintReal wrote:
Full Headline

Link

Well had god not created cancer in the first place...we wouldn't need these "Fine Minds" to cure it.

God didnt create Cancer, not deliberately. Except i the sense that He of course created Mankind and the Universe and that Cancer is an aspect of it.

What is cancer? The runaway and uncontrolled replication of cells. God set the ball rolling for Evolutiion and let it take its course. Cancer is a mutation of cellular mechanics. But here's the good part: God thought that might happen, and so He created the cure. Yep, somewhere in some rainforest is a fruit whose extract posesses the cure. This is why most medicine comes from Nature!! LOL--the Lord will Provide!

He provides Salvation and Grace too!! You would do well to take advantage of that and begin your quest for Knowing Him.

God Bless...hope this helps!!!
August_Burns_Red
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/28/2015 9:40:25 PM
Full Headline

Link

Recall what I told you about how science will soon find God. I think you would enjoy spending five minutes of your busy day (LOL) and read this.......................http://www.washingtonpost.com...
dee-em
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/28/2015 11:56:27 PM
At 8/28/2015 9:07:48 PM, August_Burns_Red wrote:
Full Headline

Link

Oh I believe in Evolution. Geez, dude, how many times have I said that here on DDO? A dozen? More?

Was I referring to you or members of your religion? Can you read?

And more and more elite scientists (whatever THAT means) are realizing that they can't answer some Big and Basic questions like they thought, thus are entertaining the idea of at least a Deist God.

Another whopper. How many of these lies are you going to tell before you realize that you are endangering your immortal soul. Lol.

This will increase in the next couple of decades--just you watch. And remember who told ya first! LOL.

Increase? It's going the other way, you foolish man.

Science is going backwards in many ways. Another claim I've made many times here.

Another lie you mean, since you base it on absolutely nothing.

And just yesterday I read in a one-year old Scientific American mag that now they know they DONT even know the size of a proton!!! And one of the laws they thought they had down pat---QED--has some aspect of it for their errors in trying to measure the proton. Experiment with lasers aimed at simple muonized hydrogen atoms yielded results of proton size that differed up to FIVE TIMES different!!

Wow, ABR, science refining theories and knowledge through observation and experiment. Who would have thought? Lol.

And the alternative? That's right, get your answers from the ether by means of 2,000 year-old texts written by non-scientific primitives who made stuff up. In your dreams.

Dark Energy, Dark Matter; No Graviton. Inability to prove abiogenesis. All hints that God is about to show His Face.

What's stopping him? None of those things was known (plus a great deal more) a century ago. Your God-of-the-Gaps is shrinking by the day. He better act quickly before he disappears completely in a puff of smoke. Lol.

And more proof that the biblical claim of Man's alleged knowledge being Folly in the eyes of God is a true and timeless one.

What a hypocrite. You can say this in the very same thread where you were lauding the discovery by fine minds of a possible universal cancer cure. Now you turn around and call it folly. You are the human embodiment of hypocrisy.
dee-em
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/29/2015 12:08:47 AM
At 8/28/2015 9:40:25 PM, August_Burns_Red wrote:
Full Headline

Link

Recall what I told you about how science will soon find God. I think you would enjoy spending five minutes of your busy day (LOL) and read this.......................http://www.washingtonpost.com...

Another 5 minutes of my life wasted.

http://www.addictinginfo.org...
dee-em
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/29/2015 12:20:08 AM
At 8/28/2015 9:11:37 PM, August_Burns_Red wrote:
Full Headline

Link

God didnt create Cancer, not deliberately.

Oh, I see. It was a mistake. By an omniscient being no less. Lol.

Except i the sense that He of course created Mankind and the Universe and that Cancer is an aspect of it.

Why? Are you completely bereft of reasoning ability?

What is cancer? The runaway and uncontrolled replication of cells. God set the ball rolling for Evolutiion and let it take its course. Cancer is a mutation of cellular mechanics.

A mutation built into the design apparently. Does that make God a sadist?

But here's the good part: God thought that might happen, and so He created the cure.

And failed to tell anyone. That makes sense for a sadistic megalomaniac.

Yep, somewhere in some rainforest is a fruit whose extract posesses the cure. This is why most medicine comes from Nature!! LOL--the Lord will Provide!

Are you a child? You're in a thread where there is a possible cure and it most certainly did not come from nature but through painstaking scientific research at the molecular level.

He provides Salvation and Grace too!! You would do well to take advantage of that and begin your quest for Knowing Him.

We've repeatedly told you. Not everyone has delusional tendencies. Keep your preaching out of the Science forum.
August_Burns_Red
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2015 1:39:22 AM
At 8/29/2015 12:20:08 AM, dee-em wrote:
Full Headline

Link

Except i the sense that He of course created Mankind and the Universe and that Cancer is an aspect of it.

What is cancer? The runaway and uncontrolled replication of cells. God set the ball rolling for Evolutiion and let it take its course. Cancer is a mutation of cellular mechanics.

But here's the good part: God thought that might happen, and so He created the cure.

Yep, somewhere in some rainforest is a fruit whose extract posesses the cure. This is why most medicine comes from Nature!! LOL--the Lord will Provide!

Are you a child? You're in a thread where there is a possible cure and it most certainly did not come from nature but through painstaking scientific research at the molecular level.

We've repeatedly told you. Not everyone has delusional tendencies. Keep your preaching out of the Science forum.

No thanks. I will continue to preach as you call it here, as I believe Creator is the driving force of the Cosmos. (See my earlier post on the 4D spacetime thread to see about the Creator word I plane to use from now on here on Science.

You said God was a sadist before. About Cancer. Again, Creator is no Sadist, as He merely lets physical and biological mechanics unfold. Such as cancer. You could call Creator "a sadist" though if you like, as long as you know it is technically and theologically inaccurate. It's like saying Nature is "cruel." See??? Not exactly right, but its using a man-like deed or feeling to a Natural entity. In Creator's case: a SUPER natural entity.

Also....I'm not done with you yet, SO listen up. As far as telling me to not come to science. Maybe you should, how do we say? Oh now I remember! LOL. FVck off! yeah that's it! Cuz see, as long as you guys come to Religion and mock and derail my threads you will find me here. How's that? Cool, glad ya dig it.

The cool part of this is i know more about science than oyu guys do about God.

Oh...God, er, I mean, CREATOR Bless!!! LOL
dee-em
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2015 2:22:55 AM
At 8/30/2015 1:39:22 AM, August_Burns_Red wrote:
Full Headline

Link

No thanks. I will continue to preach as you call it here, as I believe Creator is the driving force of the Cosmos. (See my earlier post on the 4D spacetime thread to see about the Creator word I plane to use from now on here on Science.

You said God was a sadist before. About Cancer. Again, Creator is no Sadist, as He merely lets physical and biological mechanics unfold. Such as cancer.

You forget he is omniscient. That means he knew the consequences. That makes him a sadist.

You could call Creator "a sadist" though if you like, as long as you know it is technically and theologically inaccurate. It's like saying Nature is "cruel." See??? Not exactly right, but its using a man-like deed or feeling to a Natural entity. In Creator's case: a SUPER natural entity.

Nature does not claim to be all-loving. Nature does not require worship. Nature does not claim to have a plan. Another epic analogy fail.

Also....I'm not done with you yet, SO listen up. As far as telling me to not come to science. Maybe you should, how do we say? Oh now I remember! LOL. FVck off! yeah that's it! Cuz see, as long as you guys come to Religion and mock and derail my threads you will find me here. How's that? Cool, glad ya dig it.

We are atheists, not scientists. We come to religion to discuss and criticize theological claims. You are welcome to do that here for scientific claims. Instead you come here to preach religion rather than discuss or criticize. That is the problem.

I agree that you think you do. Lol.
Otokage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/31/2015 7:59:08 PM
Full Headline

Link

God didnt create Cancer, not deliberately. Except i the sense that He of course created Mankind and the Universe and that Cancer is an aspect of it.

What is cancer? The runaway and uncontrolled replication of cells. God set the ball rolling for Evolutiion and let it take its course. Cancer is a mutation of cellular mechanics. But here's the good part: God thought that might happen, and so He created the cure. Yep, somewhere in some rainforest is a fruit whose extract posesses the cure. This is why most medicine comes from Nature!! LOL--the Lord will Provide!

You are really ecstatic , aren't you? So funny!
August_Burns_Red
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/1/2015 1:29:29 AM
At 8/31/2015 7:59:08 PM, Otokage wrote:
Full Headline

Link

When it comes to two things: health/fitness AND my Relationship with God I AM ecstatic. I also believe every word of what I wrote in that post. God provides. Every single jot and tittle I have written here on all my 1000 posts on DDO have been total and untarnished truth. All on my own experience. And ideas. And what I think about God. Oh, who knows if I am right about what I think about how God works and thinks? But the ideas and opinions I post are mine. 100%. I think one has to be ecstatic about God if he has decided to devote his life to Him. Don't you?
Otokage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/1/2015 9:24:06 AM
At 9/1/2015 1:29:29 AM, August_Burns_Red wrote:
Full Headline

Link

When it comes to two things: health/fitness AND my Relationship with God I AM ecstatic. I also believe every word of what I wrote in that post. God provides. Every single jot and tittle I have written here on all my 1000 posts on DDO have been total and untarnished truth. All on my own experience. And ideas. And what I think about God. Oh, who knows if I am right about what I think about how God works and thinks? But the ideas and opinions I post are mine. 100%. I think one has to be ecstatic about God if he has decided to devote his life to Him. Don't you?

I do, I do. That's nice. It gives your personality some flavour. Not that I can agree with being thankful to God or believing in God whatsoever, but that's something for a different thread :)
dee-em
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/1/2015 12:44:41 PM
Full Headline

Link

It would seem that SoM has been in the forest and found a little something that God left him. They're called magic mushrooms. It explains the ecstasy and much else besides.
dee-em
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/1/2015 12:50:15 PM

In the space of one paragraph, SoM travels from telling us the untarnished truth to not knowing if he is right and then finally admitting that they are just ideas and opinions. This is one confused and lost human being. Feel pity.
Otokage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/1/2015 1:18:19 PM
At 9/1/2015 12:44:41 PM, dee-em wrote:
Full Headline

Link

It would seem that SoM has been in the forest and found a little something that God left him. They're called magic mushrooms. It explains the ecstasy and much else besides.

It must be something else. Everybody knows magic mushrooms only make you bigger or give you extra lives. They do not make you religious!
August_Burns_Red
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/2/2015 1:49:58 AM
At 9/1/2015 12:50:15 PM, dee-em wrote:

In the space of one paragraph, SoM travels from telling us the untarnished truth to not knowing if he is right and then finally admitting that they are just ideas and opinions. This is one confused and lost human being. Feel pity.

The som again. Jeez, you guys are hopeless. so much for your powers of deduction. And if you look at post posts you'll see many many times where I have said my posts aremy own opinions. Just like everybody here. When I state how I think God works or what His will is, its just that: how I think. Based on Experience. Which IS firsthand, though. Thus I will go so far as to say that my opinions are based on first hand knowledge. But of course this doesnt preclude me from error. Just like when you say I'm the saint on me.

But you really are a pretty petty and disagreeable person, DM. which you probly take as a compliment. If I claim something than you accuse me of pomp and arrogance, and if I admit that its NOT hard fact but my own opinion, you deride that as well. thus your as biased as some of the worst religious people that you mock.

And that I Pity. But still pray for.

God Bless.
August_Burns_Red
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/2/2015 1:51:55 AM
At 9/1/2015 9:24:06 AM, Otokage wrote:
Full Headline

Link

I do, I do. That's nice. It gives your personality some flavour. Not that I can agree with being thankful to God or believing in God whatsoever, but that's something for a different thread :)

Pray tell: why would you doubt my gratitude to and belief in God? And as far as a different thread, go for it.
Otokage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/2/2015 8:21:31 AM
At 9/2/2015 1:51:55 AM, August_Burns_Red wrote:
At 9/1/2015 9:24:06 AM, Otokage wrote:
Full Headline

Link

Pray tell: why would you doubt my gratitude to and belief in God? And as far as a different thread, go for it.

Actually I don't doubt your gratitude and belief in God. I simply doubt God exists at all, so I consider your gratitude a pointless action. Has God ever given you something? Really? Or rather you needed to work for the things you wanted? Your achievements in life, are them God's merit or yours?
dee-em
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/2/2015 11:34:12 AM
At 9/2/2015 1:49:58 AM, August_Burns_Red wrote:
At 9/1/2015 12:50:15 PM, dee-em wrote:

The som again. Jeez, you guys are hopeless. so much for your powers of deduction. And if you look at post posts you'll see many many times where I have said my posts aremy own opinions. Just like everybody here. When I state how I think God works or what His will is, its just that: how I think. Based on Experience. Which IS firsthand, though. Thus I will go so far as to say that my opinions are based on first hand knowledge. But of course this doesnt preclude me from error. Just like when you say I'm the saint on me.

But you really are a pretty petty and disagreeable person, DM. which you probly take as a compliment. If I claim something than you accuse me of pomp and arrogance, and if I admit that its NOT hard fact but my own opinion, you deride that as well. thus your as biased as some of the worst religious people that you mock.

As usual you have entirely missed the point, SoM or ABR or whatever name you will go by next. I'm not deriding you for expressing an opinion. I'm expressing amazement at the contradictions within one paragraph you wrote above. Look at the bolded phrases in it. How can you possibly be telling us untarnished truth one minute and then admitting that you don't know if you're you're right or wrong the next?

You don't relate untarnished truth. You tell whoppers and the bigger the better. As in your fabricated story about sitting on a park bench. At best it's a gross exaggeration of what really happened. Either way, far from being truthful, you have been caught out lying for Jesus. We are still waiting for you to show some gumption and admit it.
DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/2/2015 3:30:34 PM
At 8/28/2015 9:07:48 PM, August_Burns_Red wrote:
Full Headline

Link

Oh I believe in Evolution. Geez, dude, how many times have I said that here on DDO? A dozen? More?

Believing and understanding are two different things. You probably don't understand evolution, you've never taken the time to do so, that would have required getting an education.

And more and more elite scientists (whatever THAT means) are realizing that they can't answer some Big and Basic questions like they thought, thus are entertaining the idea of at least a Deist God.

That is entirely false, but expected from you, like so many other fabrications you've contrived.

This will increase in the next couple of decades--just you watch. And remember who told ya first! LOL.

Yes, we hear that a lot from believers; "just you watch". Hearing for years and nothing ever happens.

Science is going backwards in many ways.

No, it isn't, yet another fabrication on your part.

Another claim I've made many times here. And just yesterday I read in a one-year old Scientific American mag that now they know they DONT even know the size of a proton!!! And one of the laws they thought they had down pat---QED--has some aspect of it for their errors in trying to measure the proton. Experiment with lasers aimed at simple muonized hydrogen atoms yielded results of proton size that differed up to FIVE TIMES different!!

No, the results were five standard deviations from the root mean square charge of the proton.

Dark Energy, Dark Matter; No Graviton. Inability to prove abiogenesis. All hints that God is about to show His Face. And more proof that the biblical claim of Man's alleged knowledge being Folly in the eyes of God is a true and timeless one.

Strawmen, appeal to belief, appeal to ignorance fallacies.
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/2/2015 3:38:36 PM
Full Headline

Link

So, there is a good part to cancer, that God thought it might happen, that God didn't prevent it from happening, that millions die an agonizing death as a result.

And, that's the good part. LOL. Yes, the Lord will provide... cancer.

We are already getting to know Him. I wonder if he provides the same Salvation and Grace to the people he killed with cancer?

Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/2/2015 3:56:44 PM
At 8/28/2015 9:40:25 PM, August_Burns_Red wrote:
Full Headline

Link

Sorry, there's nothing in there about science finding God. It's about Sandage (RIP) and how he studied the Bible for 35 years and eventually gave his life to God, then he died of cancer. Seems rather ironic he gives his life to God and God gives him pancreatic cancer. He probably never saw that one coming.
DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/2/2015 4:04:07 PM
Full Headline

Link

Ah, so you actually admit you're going to continue degrading the Science forum, bringing it down to ignorance and incredulity.

You said God was a sadist before. About Cancer. Again, Creator is no Sadist, as He merely lets physical and biological mechanics unfold. Such as cancer. You could call Creator "a sadist" though if you like, as long as you know it is technically and theologically inaccurate. It's like saying Nature is "cruel." See??? Not exactly right, but its using a man-like deed or feeling to a Natural entity. In Creator's case: a SUPER natural entity.

You can continue to degrade this forum with your ignorance, but all you'll manage to achieve is coming off as a buffoon, just like you did with your time travel, alien lizards and other such nonsense.

Do you really? Wow. I'm so impressed, SoM. You must be so proud and full of yourself.

August_Burns_Red
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/3/2015 2:41:55 AM
At 9/2/2015 4:04:07 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
Full Headline

Link

Ah, so you actually admit you're going to continue degrading the Science forum, bringing it down to ignorance and incredulity.

You can continue to degrade this forum with your ignorance, but all you'll manage to achieve is coming off as a buffoon, just like you did with your time travel, alien lizards and other such nonsense.

Do you really? Wow. I'm so impressed, SoM. You must be so proud and full of yourself.

Time travel and lizards, eh? LOL. I know who you are and what you and dm are doing, with your Saint sock puppet that you use to create threads to give you a forum to attacck and espouse your views. I been doing some research, and I have ousted you, (uhh..ya might wanna check out a Thread I just posted re this! LOL)

Its obvious: I see that you created a Saint sock puppet only a few weeks after you joined DDO. And you NEVER make threads, but you used HIM to make them so you could post views. you and dm. I also noticed that on some days ALL your posts were with the Saint sock puppet. We know what you're doing. And then, oh, very nice touch, you accuse ME of being saint to throw suspicion off the trail.

Didn't work too good, did it.