lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/19/2010 1:45:14 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 9/19/2010 1:32:37 AM, FREEDO wrote:
It's a video. Watch it.

hmmm light bulbs cause health problems. Not surprising, when you f-ck with nature bad stuff tends to happen.
Without Royal there is a hole inside of me, I have no choice but to leave
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/19/2010 1:45:36 AM
^^ Even tho good things happen because of it too.
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/19/2010 2:04:52 AM
At 9/19/2010 2:01:56 AM, FREEDO wrote:
It's only that specific kind.

No other kind leads to anything negative whatsoever?
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/19/2010 2:09:59 AM
At 9/19/2010 2:04:52 AM, lovelife wrote:
At 9/19/2010 2:01:56 AM, FREEDO wrote:
It's only that specific kind.

No other kind leads to anything negative whatsoever?

Nothing substantial as far as this particular effect is concerned.

My first thought was that it was just propaganda dissing environmentalism because the bulb uses less electricity. But the show actually seems to be an environmental one and they even pointed out that LED lights use even less electricity and don't have the negative effect.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
Ramshutu
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/19/2010 2:33:49 AM
I have a job in RF and telecomms; while everything they say is true; that flurescent light bulbs do produce High frequency transients; The mean transmitted power is going to be absolutely minimal.

Looking at the underlying data; they seem to have invented some units to measure how bad it is (G/S); but I can't seem to find what those units actully are; and certainly no mechanism of converting them to industry standard units, such as dBm (decibells per milliwatt), which is used for measuring RF power in most situations, this immediately raised my suspicions.

I think this is just a way for a company to sell measuring devices; while it is most certain that light bulbs will generate RF; and flurescent bulbs more than most; the effect of it, compared to other RF signals you would find in your house would be a drop in the ocean.

If these sort of things really produced a meaningful effect, you would see a massive increase in cancer, problems with diabetics, etc, in office buildings compared to outdoor work; and every single person in the office in which I work would be dead by now!
wush
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/19/2010 7:06:03 PM
i'm a nobody
don't even have facebook
BE HAPPY!! =D
you are beautiful, don't let anyone tell you you're not
you're 100X more beautiful when you smile, not that you need it
MikeLoviN
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/20/2010 8:10:34 PM
What Ramshutu said... Any resonant RF from a light bulb is going to be relatively non-existent compared to the amount of RF noise you come into contact with on a daily basis from other sources without even realizing it.
Rob1Billion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/21/2010 1:13:17 AM
This video is suspect. This looks just like one of those haunted house documentaries where the guy shows up with equipment that show "readings" when the ghosts are out and about. These studies that they say were performed on college students need to stand the test of reproduction.
Master P is the end result of capitalism.
RoyLatham
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/24/2010 8:48:48 AM
It seems unlikely, but I wouldn't say it's impossible. In the past, microwave ovens were suspect and there were meters sold to measure leakage. Also, some studies claimed that living near high voltage transmission lines caused health problems. More studies proved the early ones to be false in those cases. There is now some controversy over cellphone radiation.

Each device has a certain spectrum of radiated frequencies, along with its level of radiated power. So it is conceivable that the human body is more sensitive to some frequencies than others.

Putting noise on the power lines has the potential for RF interference with other electronics. It could be eliminated by building a cheap filter into the CFL, so I'm surprised that isn't required in any case.

Laws are in place that will effectively ban ordinary light bulbs over time, another bad idea.