Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/24/2015 4:53:52 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
Who is Lucy the Australopithecus?
Google Doodle celebrates early human ancestor

http://www.smh.com.au...

Today, November 24, Google is celebrating the 41st anniversary of the discovery of a pile of bones by paleoanthropologists working in Ethiopia with a Google Doodle.

This pile of bones belonged to a skeleton that would shine some light on the way in which our species evolved from tree dwelling apes to the tall statured and intelligent human beings we are today.

Nicknamed 'Lucy', after the Beatles song Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds, the several hundred pieces of fossilised bone made up almost half of the full skeleton of a previously unknown hominid species. Scientists named the new human ancestral species Australopithecus afarensis.

Happy anniversary Lucy, possibly my ancestor!
Evidence
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2015 2:08:56 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 11/24/2015 4:53:52 AM, dee-em wrote:
Who is Lucy the Australopithecus?
Google Doodle celebrates early human ancestor

http://www.smh.com.au...

Today, November 24, Google is celebrating the 41st anniversary of the discovery of a pile of bones by paleoanthropologists working in Ethiopia with a Google Doodle.

Wow, .. truly amazing this Google Doodle, it can find graves with a pile of bones in it?

This pile of bones belonged to a skeleton that would shine some light on the way in which our species evolved from tree dwelling apes to the tall statured and intelligent human beings we are today.

The only way that pile of bones will shine a light on anything is if they throw it into the campfire along with the wood burning there. But, I know some people in Asian countries might make soup out of it if it could actually turn/evolve dumb tree dwelling apes into intelligent human beings!? Heck, they would even pay good money for bones like that! That's right up there with aborted baby and elephant tusk-soup! Yuk!

Nicknamed 'Lucy', after the Beatles song Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds, the several hundred pieces of fossilised bone made up almost half of the full skeleton of a previously unknown hominid species. Scientists named the new human ancestral species Australopithecus afarensis.

Amazing how today they can tell just by observing skull and bones of the long dead, as to what music they listened to??

"Hurray, scientists found a New Human Species!!"
"Where, .. let me see?"
- pile of dried up bones .. lol

Happy anniversary Lucy, possibly my ancestor! :

Can I borrow it, .. you know, the pile of bones!? I can get a free ice cream Sunday at Red-Lobster, .. maybe even a free meal if I can show it's her birthday too!?
There are a thousand hacking at the branches of evil
to one who is striking at the root. - Henry David Thoreau