Jump to topic:

Is Time Travel possible. Thoughts?

collintheboss10
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/5/2015 2:05:50 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
Time travel is a very versatile subject, with many great scientist taking differing side I would like to hear your options on if it is possible and the kinks in the theories.
dee-em
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/5/2015 6:39:25 AM
At 12/5/2015 2:05:50 AM, collintheboss10 wrote:
Time travel is a very versatile subject, with many great scientist taking differing side I would like to hear your options on if it is possible and the kinks in the theories.

Certainly it is possible. In fact time travel into the future is inevitable if we ever become a star-faring civilization. As soon as you get up to some appreciable fraction of the speed of light you will be time travelling forwards in time.
SM2
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/5/2015 8:18:42 AM
At 12/5/2015 6:39:25 AM, dee-em wrote:

Certainly it is possible. In fact time travel into the future is inevitable if we ever become a star-faring civilization. As soon as you get up to some appreciable fraction of the speed of light you will be time travelling forwards in time.

The energy required to reach light speed is ridiculous. We'll probably need a different mode of transport, and thus not have the time dilation side-effect.
dee-em
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/5/2015 11:07:13 AM
At 12/5/2015 8:18:42 AM, SM2 wrote:

The energy required to reach light speed is ridiculous. We'll probably need a different mode of transport, and thus not have the time dilation side-effect.

I don't believe in FTL travel, so the only way we'll become space-faring will be to solve the energy problem. God didn't design this universe very well, did he? :-)
DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/6/2015 12:26:27 AM

I want to time travel back to 1986 to witness Haleys comet. How's that for a kink?
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
SM2
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/6/2015 12:42:46 AM
At 12/5/2015 11:07:13 AM, dee-em wrote:
At 12/5/2015 8:18:42 AM, SM2 wrote:

I don't believe in FTL travel, so the only way we'll become space-faring will be to solve the energy problem. God didn't design this universe very well, did he? :-)

Without FTL, we will not reach the interstellar stage at all. 9 years for a round trip to the Centauri system? That's no way to run a civilization.

And our universe is clearly an example of Retarded Design.
Evidence
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/6/2015 4:22:52 AM
Time travel is a very versatile subject, with many great scientist taking differing side I would like to hear your options on if it is possible and the kinks in the theories. :

Yes, time travel is possible, we are all traveling in time. Today I am a day ahead of yesterday, and by the time I finish this post I will be minutes into the future. Even if I'm dead, I will be traveling into the future; dead one year, dead two years, ..
I am 59 years older than the day I was born 59 years ago, .. this would not be possible without "time-travel".

BUT, .. if you are asking if I can be somewhere I'm not, .. or somewhere that I'm already there, .. well that is where fairytales like "Special Relativity" comes in. The lies are entwined in stories that go something like this, of course they will never agree to the deception:

A pair of twins leave their home from LA to NY, .. one takes the plane, the other walks.
Special Relativity says that the one flying in the plane, because he is moving much faster would have saved weeks, so when his twin arrives weeks later to NEW York, the twin who took the plane would be weeks younger then his brother who walked, ... lol.

This has been proven to be a fact by a magic trick, and I will reveal this trick:

It is like taking a ten speed bicycle, and putting clock-arms on the pedal-gear to show how speed can slow down time:

In first gear, you have to paddle a lot of rotations to go a mile, the clock arms move very fast, showing time passing fast, but the person moves, or travels very slow. It may take hundreds and hundreds of peddle-clock hours to gain 1 mile distance, right?

Now the twin brother goes and puts his bike in 10th gear where the peddle-clock moves very slow as he paddles, showing just fraction of the time past to make that mile-trip, .. you see that? And here is their deceptive proof of time-dilation, .. lol.
This they say, can be viewed by another observer, like the twin who's on the first gear bike looks over to his brother zooming past him, and will observe his peddle-clock moving very slow, falsely claiming that the reason for time passing slower is because the bike is traveling faster.
Meanwhile the in-tenth-gear brother looks over to the in-firsts-gear brothers clock, and sees his 'peddle-clock' rotating much faster, and claiming this to be because his speed is much slower.

You see the trick, it's in the wording and where and to what we assign the clock: The twin on the faster bicycle (the one on the in-tenth-gear bike sees his brothers clock moving faster, claiming it is because he is traveling much slower, not because his clock is based on the first gear rotation .. LOL.

If time is relative, and that there is no 'universal time', then how in the world can they claim the universe is 13.75 billion years old? Relative to what, .. to Mars, to my old wind up watch, .. to what? If that's what it is, then the universe has as many varying ages as there are object in the universe. This is NOT science claims, but religious ones. Everything about the Big-bang and the Evolution stories came about by religions that create their own gods, their own Creators.

Remember, magic, .. it's all in the name of deception that the Creator does not exist, run by Lucifer. Look at the 666 symbol on the CERN name, and look what they call the telescope that is supposedly watching out for UFO's or extraterrestrial thingies coming out of the sun, .. and the obvious sun-god worship at the Vatican. Wake up people, the LHC is nothing but a huge and expensive Temple built for the Big-bang Evolution Religion. "Heck", they say, "if other religions can build these elaborate temples to impress and lure victims, .. er, I mean members, why can't we?"

Jesus loves you, and reveals the truth in everything so you could be saved, while Satan hates you and every other human created in Gods image, which is why he is using deception and lies to destroy you!
There are a thousand hacking at the branches of evil
to one who is striking at the root. - Henry David Thoreau
smelisox
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/6/2015 8:42:11 AM
At 12/6/2015 4:22:52 AM, Evidence wrote:
Time travel is a very versatile subject, with many great scientist taking differing side I would like to hear your options on if it is possible and the kinks in the theories. :

Yes, time travel is possible, we are all traveling in time. Today I am a day ahead of yesterday, and by the time I finish this post I will be minutes into the future. Even if I'm dead, I will be traveling into the future; dead one year, dead two years, ..
I am 59 years older than the day I was born 59 years ago, .. this would not be possible without "time-travel".

BUT, .. if you are asking if I can be somewhere I'm not, .. or somewhere that I'm already there, .. well that is where fairytales like "Special Relativity" comes in. The lies are entwined in stories that go something like this, of course they will never agree to the deception:

A pair of twins leave their home from LA to NY, .. one takes the plane, the other walks.
Special Relativity says that the one flying in the plane, because he is moving much faster would have saved weeks, so when his twin arrives weeks later to NEW York, the twin who took the plane would be weeks younger then his brother who walked, ... lol.

This has been proven to be a fact by a magic trick, and I will reveal this trick:

It is like taking a ten speed bicycle, and putting clock-arms on the pedal-gear to show how speed can slow down time:

In first gear, you have to paddle a lot of rotations to go a mile, the clock arms move very fast, showing time passing fast, but the person moves, or travels very slow. It may take hundreds and hundreds of peddle-clock hours to gain 1 mile distance, right?

Now the twin brother goes and puts his bike in 10th gear where the peddle-clock moves very slow as he paddles, showing just fraction of the time past to make that mile-trip, .. you see that? And here is their deceptive proof of time-dilation, .. lol.
This they say, can be viewed by another observer, like the twin who's on the first gear bike looks over to his brother zooming past him, and will observe his peddle-clock moving very slow, falsely claiming that the reason for time passing slower is because the bike is traveling faster.
Meanwhile the in-tenth-gear brother looks over to the in-firsts-gear brothers clock, and sees his 'peddle-clock' rotating much faster, and claiming this to be because his speed is much slower.

You see the trick, it's in the wording and where and to what we assign the clock: The twin on the faster bicycle (the one on the in-tenth-gear bike sees his brothers clock moving faster, claiming it is because he is traveling much slower, not because his clock is based on the first gear rotation .. LOL.

If time is relative, and that there is no 'universal time', then how in the world can they claim the universe is 13.75 billion years old? Relative to what, .. to Mars, to my old wind up watch, .. to what? If that's what it is, then the universe has as many varying ages as there are object in the universe. This is NOT science claims, but religious ones. Everything about the Big-bang and the Evolution stories came about by religions that create their own gods, their own Creators.

Remember, magic, .. it's all in the name of deception that the Creator does not exist, run by Lucifer. Look at the 666 symbol on the CERN name, and look what they call the telescope that is supposedly watching out for UFO's or extraterrestrial thingies coming out of the sun, .. and the obvious sun-god worship at the Vatican. Wake up people, the LHC is nothing but a huge and expensive Temple built for the Big-bang Evolution Religion. "Heck", they say, "if other religions can build these elaborate temples to impress and lure victims, .. er, I mean members, why can't we?"

Jesus loves you, and reveals the truth in everything so you could be saved, while Satan hates you and every other human created in Gods image, which is why he is using deception and lies to destroy you!

If Jesus loves everyone, why did he kill so many people?
Evidence
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2015 6:11:17 AM
At 12/6/2015 8:41:31 AM, smelisox wrote:
We'll never reach to or past the speed of light.

Hi smelisox, ..
According to the Big-Bang-Sci-Fientology, we not only passed but doubled and tripled the speed of light right after the Big-bang. Matter of fact they say, that the universe expanded soooo fast, that it left the rest of itself in dust, .. redshift-dust which they say you can see through your microwave, .. er, or something like that!?!?
Also, if light can't exceed C, then why would the smartest scientist who ever lived need to C times-itself to explain his Mass-Energy equivalence as in E=mc2 ? Why did he use C? He could of just say E=M * 34,700,983,524 miles-per-second ?? What does light have anything to do with this since it can't travel as fast as he needed for the equation !?

Besides, .. if light 'travels', why don't we have daylight every day for 12 hours on the bottom of our oceans? After 4 billion years, you would think it would have reached even the deepest depths by now!?
SM2
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2015 6:18:20 AM
At 12/7/2015 6:11:17 AM, Evidence wrote:

Hi smelisox, ..
According to the Big-Bang-Sci-Fientology, we not only passed but doubled and tripled the speed of light right after the Big-bang. Matter of fact they say, that the universe expanded soooo fast, that it left the rest of itself in dust, .. redshift-dust which they say you can see through your microwave, .. er, or something like that!?!?
Also, if light can't exceed C, then why would the smartest scientist who ever lived need to C times-itself to explain his Mass-Energy equivalence as in E=mc2 ? Why did he use C? He could of just say E=M * 34,700,983,524 miles-per-second ?? What does light have anything to do with this since it can't travel as fast as he needed for the equation !?

Besides, .. if light 'travels', why don't we have daylight every day for 12 hours on the bottom of our oceans? After 4 billion years, you would think it would have reached even the deepest depths by now!?

While your trolling is amusing, it's also distracting from the discussion.
Evidence
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2015 5:36:16 AM
Posted: 12 months ago
At 12/7/2015 6:18:20 AM, SM2 wrote:
At 12/7/2015 6:11:17 AM, Evidence wrote:

Hi smelisox, ..

While your trolling is amusing, it's also distracting from the discussion. :

What discussion, oh you mean comments on other posters?

I posted legitimate questions I have on things related to time travel, like why is there no daylight on the bottom of our oceans?

So what's your 'thoughts' on "time travel" buddy?
toretorden
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2015 1:45:17 PM

A relatively sober idea about time travel is that faster travel to the future should be relatively simple. You can either do this by spending time in a place where space is greatly stretched, such as close to a black hole, or by spending some time travelling really fast.

If you had a space ship which could orbit the earth in speeds close to C, you could get into it, fly around the earth for a while, and then go back out. Time would have progressed forward for both you and people on earth, but it would seemingly have passed much faster for people on earth than for yourself. The net effect would have been something like having travelled to the future faster than by merely living in regular earth real-time.
shalal12
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/10/2015 6:24:19 PM

We are all traveling in time. Howevr if you mean that some can manipulate its speed and travel to future faster than some others, I should say that yes.
Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) had traveled in the time and had many predictions about future. Here is a saying of him:
When I left there, the glass of water was falling and when I came back (from Miraj), it fell. Which means he traveled to skies and future just in less than a seconds.
Accipiter
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/10/2015 10:03:08 PM

Time travel into the future is possible using time dilation while time travel into the past is something religious conservative republicans make possible.
Deb-8-A-Bull
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/13/2015 11:08:54 AM
At 12/6/2015 12:26:27 AM, DanneJeRusse wrote:

I want to time travel back to 1986 to witness Haleys comet. How's that for a kink?

I want to go there with you so I can make you miss it. I want to also see the silly movie the 6th sense when ever that was. So I can tell my missus before it starts that Bruce is already dead. I mean why would she do that?
tejretics
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2015 11:20:08 AM
Posted: 11 months ago
Time dilation has been observed.
"Where justice is denied, where poverty is enforced, where ignorance prevails, and where any one class is made to feel that society is an organized conspiracy to oppress, rob and degrade them, neither persons nor property will be safe." - Frederick Douglass
Smithereens
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2015 11:48:57 AM
Posted: 11 months ago
Firstly you need to be less ambiguous. Currently I'm travelling through time for example and I don't see anyone's mind being blown. If you refer to alteration to how we perceive the flow of time, then yes, this is possible too. Einstein proved this with his special relativity. As for the common concept of taking yourself and moving to a point in time in a distinct past or future, then no. That's not possible.

Secondly Time is inseparable from the concept of space. You can't think of one without the other. What we know about space can be reasonably extrapolated to what can be done about time. If you want to believe that you can go back in time to meet your younger self, you must also need to believe in a separate space context. Hence why theoretical physicists cite 'parallel universes' as an explanation for time travel. It makes no sense to change time without changing space.
Music composition contest: http://www.debate.org...