Total Posts:14|Showing Posts:1-14
Jump to topic:

The holly grail of all studies

sadolite
Posts: 8,838
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/13/2015 9:47:08 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
What is the holly grail of all studies on climate change that proves beyond all doubt mans contribution is significant and affecting our climate and not just a naturally occurring event repeating itself.

I mean the hollyest of holly grail studies. I should get the same one from everyone who posts it
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
SM2
Posts: 546
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/13/2015 10:10:21 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/13/2015 9:47:08 PM, sadolite wrote:
What is the holly grail of all studies on climate change that proves beyond all doubt mans contribution is significant and affecting our climate and not just a naturally occurring event repeating itself.

I mean the hollyest of holly grail studies. I should get the same one from everyone who posts it

There is no one study; there are many, many studies. That's the point: it isn't one person's opinion, it's the consensus among 90% of scientists.
sadolite
Posts: 8,838
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2015 1:01:54 AM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/13/2015 10:10:21 PM, SM2 wrote:
At 12/13/2015 9:47:08 PM, sadolite wrote:
What is the holly grail of all studies on climate change that proves beyond all doubt mans contribution is significant and affecting our climate and not just a naturally occurring event repeating itself.

I mean the hollyest of holly grail studies. I should get the same one from everyone who posts it

There is no one study; there are many, many studies. That's the point: it isn't one
person's opinion, it's the consensus among 90% of scientists.

Ya, ya ya, but there has to be one that stands out above all others
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
SM2
Posts: 546
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2015 1:02:35 AM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/14/2015 1:01:54 AM, sadolite wrote:
At 12/13/2015 10:10:21 PM, SM2 wrote:
At 12/13/2015 9:47:08 PM, sadolite wrote:
What is the holly grail of all studies on climate change that proves beyond all doubt mans contribution is significant and affecting our climate and not just a naturally occurring event repeating itself.

I mean the hollyest of holly grail studies. I should get the same one from everyone who posts it

There is no one study; there are many, many studies. That's the point: it isn't one
person's opinion, it's the consensus among 90% of scientists.


Ya, ya ya, but there has to be one that stands out above all others

Nope.
sadolite
Posts: 8,838
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2015 1:04:09 AM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/14/2015 1:02:35 AM, SM2 wrote:
At 12/14/2015 1:01:54 AM, sadolite wrote:
At 12/13/2015 10:10:21 PM, SM2 wrote:
At 12/13/2015 9:47:08 PM, sadolite wrote:
What is the holly grail of all studies on climate change that proves beyond all doubt mans contribution is significant and affecting our climate and not just a naturally occurring event repeating itself.

I mean the hollyest of holly grail studies. I should get the same one from everyone who posts it

There is no one study; there are many, many studies. That's the point: it isn't one
person's opinion, it's the consensus among 90% of scientists.


Ya, ya ya, but there has to be one that stands out above all others

Nope.

Your opinion of course
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
SM2
Posts: 546
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2015 1:08:52 AM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/14/2015 1:04:09 AM, sadolite wrote:
At 12/14/2015 1:02:35 AM, SM2 wrote:
At 12/14/2015 1:01:54 AM, sadolite wrote:
At 12/13/2015 10:10:21 PM, SM2 wrote:
At 12/13/2015 9:47:08 PM, sadolite wrote:
What is the holly grail of all studies on climate change that proves beyond all doubt mans contribution is significant and affecting our climate and not just a naturally occurring event repeating itself.

I mean the hollyest of holly grail studies. I should get the same one from everyone who posts it

There is no one study; there are many, many studies. That's the point: it isn't one
person's opinion, it's the consensus among 90% of scientists.


Ya, ya ya, but there has to be one that stands out above all others

Nope.

Your opinion of course

Nope. Fact. There is no single study that is objectively better than all the others.
sadolite
Posts: 8,838
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2015 1:09:29 AM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/14/2015 1:08:52 AM, SM2 wrote:
At 12/14/2015 1:04:09 AM, sadolite wrote:
At 12/14/2015 1:02:35 AM, SM2 wrote:
At 12/14/2015 1:01:54 AM, sadolite wrote:
At 12/13/2015 10:10:21 PM, SM2 wrote:
At 12/13/2015 9:47:08 PM, sadolite wrote:
What is the holly grail of all studies on climate change that proves beyond all doubt mans contribution is significant and affecting our climate and not just a naturally occurring event repeating itself.

I mean the hollyest of holly grail studies. I should get the same one from everyone who posts it

There is no one study; there are many, many studies. That's the point: it isn't one
person's opinion, it's the consensus among 90% of scientists.


Ya, ya ya, but there has to be one that stands out above all others

Nope.

Your opinion of course

Nope. Fact. There is no single study that is objectively better than all the others.

Your opinion
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
SM2
Posts: 546
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2015 1:20:15 AM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/14/2015 1:09:29 AM, sadolite wrote:
At 12/14/2015 1:08:52 AM, SM2 wrote:
At 12/14/2015 1:04:09 AM, sadolite wrote:
At 12/14/2015 1:02:35 AM, SM2 wrote:
At 12/14/2015 1:01:54 AM, sadolite wrote:
At 12/13/2015 10:10:21 PM, SM2 wrote:
At 12/13/2015 9:47:08 PM, sadolite wrote:
What is the holly grail of all studies on climate change that proves beyond all doubt mans contribution is significant and affecting our climate and not just a naturally occurring event repeating itself.

I mean the hollyest of holly grail studies. I should get the same one from everyone who posts it

There is no one study; there are many, many studies. That's the point: it isn't one
person's opinion, it's the consensus among 90% of scientists.


Ya, ya ya, but there has to be one that stands out above all others

Nope.

Your opinion of course

Nope. Fact. There is no single study that is objectively better than all the others.

Your opinion

No, fact. And I'm not quibbling this any more, because I have better things to do than argue with morons like yourself.
Ramshutu
Posts: 4,063
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2015 12:48:05 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/13/2015 9:47:08 PM, sadolite wrote:
What is the holly grail of all studies on climate change that proves beyond all doubt mans contribution is significant and affecting our climate and not just a naturally occurring event repeating itself.

I mean the hollyest of holly grail studies. I should get the same one from everyone who posts it

Studies are normally about one piece of information, or one thing at a time. There is no one single thing that demonstrates climate change; it is simply too large of a topic to be covered in a single study.

Indeed, climate change is based on thousands of studies of many different aspects of the climate; and climate change has been outlined based on the culmination of most if not all of these studies pointing towards anthropomorphic climate change.

It is mainly investigations and reports such as the IPCC report on climate change that collates all these studies and informations into a realistic and demonstrable conclusion.

So no, there is no one single study or report that "proves" anthropomorphic climate change.
Burzmali
Posts: 1,310
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2015 7:12:24 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/13/2015 9:47:08 PM, sadolite wrote:
What is the holly grail of all studies on climate change that proves beyond all doubt mans contribution is significant and affecting our climate and not just a naturally occurring event repeating itself.

I mean the hollyest of holly grail studies. I should get the same one from everyone who posts it

Just to add on to what Ram and SM2 said, there aren't many scientific ideas (if there are any at all) that you could point to that have a single study that "proves beyond all doubt" that they're correct. There certainly aren't any as broad as global climate change that have a study that fits that bill, anyway.
v3nesl
Posts: 4,489
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2015 7:44:28 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/14/2015 1:20:15 AM, SM2 wrote:
At 12/14/2015 1:09:29 AM, sadolite wrote:
At 12/14/2015 1:08:52 AM, SM2 wrote:
At 12/14/2015 1:04:09 AM, sadolite wrote:
At 12/14/2015 1:02:35 AM, SM2 wrote:
At 12/14/2015 1:01:54 AM, sadolite wrote:
At 12/13/2015 10:10:21 PM, SM2 wrote:
At 12/13/2015 9:47:08 PM, sadolite wrote:
What is the holly grail of all studies on climate change that proves beyond all doubt mans contribution is significant and affecting our climate and not just a naturally occurring event repeating itself.

I mean the hollyest of holly grail studies. I should get the same one from everyone who posts it

There is no one study; there are many, many studies. That's the point: it isn't one
person's opinion, it's the consensus among 90% of scientists.


Ya, ya ya, but there has to be one that stands out above all others

Nope.

Your opinion of course

Nope. Fact. There is no single study that is objectively better than all the others.

Your opinion

No, fact. And I'm not quibbling this any more, because I have better things to do than argue with morons like yourself.

Oh, that's funny! "I have no idea how to answer your question, so you're a moron"

Pretty clever question, sadolite, nicely done.

And it's not even necessarily consensus opinion, btw (much less measurable science): http://www.amazon.com...
This space for rent.
Ramshutu
Posts: 4,063
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2015 8:03:21 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/14/2015 7:44:28 PM, v3nesl wrote:
At 12/14/2015 1:20:15 AM, SM2 wrote:
At 12/14/2015 1:09:29 AM, sadolite wrote:
At 12/14/2015 1:08:52 AM, SM2 wrote:
At 12/14/2015 1:04:09 AM, sadolite wrote:
At 12/14/2015 1:02:35 AM, SM2 wrote:
At 12/14/2015 1:01:54 AM, sadolite wrote:
At 12/13/2015 10:10:21 PM, SM2 wrote:
At 12/13/2015 9:47:08 PM, sadolite wrote:
What is the holly grail of all studies on climate change that proves beyond all doubt mans contribution is significant and affecting our climate and not just a naturally occurring event repeating itself.

I mean the hollyest of holly grail studies. I should get the same one from everyone who posts it

There is no one study; there are many, many studies. That's the point: it isn't one
person's opinion, it's the consensus among 90% of scientists.


Ya, ya ya, but there has to be one that stands out above all others

Nope.

Your opinion of course

Nope. Fact. There is no single study that is objectively better than all the others.

Your opinion

No, fact. And I'm not quibbling this any more, because I have better things to do than argue with morons like yourself.

Oh, that's funny! "I have no idea how to answer your question, so you're a moron"

Pretty clever question, sadolite, nicely done.

The fact that you think it's a clever question when it is so demonstrably ridiculous in EVERY single way; pretty much sums up your own lack of objective rationality.

And it's not even necessarily consensus opinion, btw (much less measurable science): http://www.amazon.com...

Yes; there is a consensus by any mechanism of measurement you can think of no matter how much you want to spin, distort or rhetorically claim that everything that doesn't agree with you is wrong whether or not you can find a reason for it.
v3nesl
Posts: 4,489
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2015 9:34:03 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/14/2015 8:03:21 PM, Ramshutu wrote:
At 12/14/2015 7:44:28 PM, v3nesl wrote:
At 12/14/2015 1:20:15 AM, SM2 wrote:
At 12/14/2015 1:09:29 AM, sadolite wrote:
At 12/14/2015 1:08:52 AM, SM2 wrote:
At 12/14/2015 1:04:09 AM, sadolite wrote:
At 12/14/2015 1:02:35 AM, SM2 wrote:
At 12/14/2015 1:01:54 AM, sadolite wrote:
At 12/13/2015 10:10:21 PM, SM2 wrote:
At 12/13/2015 9:47:08 PM, sadolite wrote:
What is the holly grail of all studies on climate change that proves beyond all doubt mans contribution is significant and affecting our climate and not just a naturally occurring event repeating itself.

I mean the hollyest of holly grail studies. I should get the same one from everyone who posts it

There is no one study; there are many, many studies. That's the point: it isn't one
person's opinion, it's the consensus among 90% of scientists.


Ya, ya ya, but there has to be one that stands out above all others

Nope.

Your opinion of course

Nope. Fact. There is no single study that is objectively better than all the others.

Your opinion

No, fact. And I'm not quibbling this any more, because I have better things to do than argue with morons like yourself.

Oh, that's funny! "I have no idea how to answer your question, so you're a moron"

Pretty clever question, sadolite, nicely done.

The fact that you think it's a clever question when it is so demonstrably ridiculous in EVERY single way; pretty much sums up your own lack of objective rationality.


Yeah, I think my enjoyment would be a clear case of "subjective".

Where you guys got suckered, btw, is in agreeing to his premise at all. By agreeing to the premise of "better studies" you are agreeing to the fact that the various collections of data supporting global not-staying-the-same-ness are relatively arbitrary.

Stupidity is becoming institutionalized in 21st century America, I'm afraid. The Europeans know GW is a make-work project, the second world knows it's a handout, and American leadership thinks it's science.
This space for rent.
Ramshutu
Posts: 4,063
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2015 10:41:07 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/14/2015 9:34:03 PM, v3nesl wrote:
At 12/14/2015 8:03:21 PM, Ramshutu wrote:
At 12/14/2015 7:44:28 PM, v3nesl wrote:
At 12/14/2015 1:20:15 AM, SM2 wrote:
At 12/14/2015 1:09:29 AM, sadolite wrote:
At 12/14/2015 1:08:52 AM, SM2 wrote:
At 12/14/2015 1:04:09 AM, sadolite wrote:
At 12/14/2015 1:02:35 AM, SM2 wrote:
At 12/14/2015 1:01:54 AM, sadolite wrote:
At 12/13/2015 10:10:21 PM, SM2 wrote:
At 12/13/2015 9:47:08 PM, sadolite wrote:
What is the holly grail of all studies on climate change that proves beyond all doubt mans contribution is significant and affecting our climate and not just a naturally occurring event repeating itself.

I mean the hollyest of holly grail studies. I should get the same one from everyone who posts it

There is no one study; there are many, many studies. That's the point: it isn't one
person's opinion, it's the consensus among 90% of scientists.


Ya, ya ya, but there has to be one that stands out above all others

Nope.

Your opinion of course

Nope. Fact. There is no single study that is objectively better than all the others.

Your opinion

No, fact. And I'm not quibbling this any more, because I have better things to do than argue with morons like yourself.

Oh, that's funny! "I have no idea how to answer your question, so you're a moron"

Pretty clever question, sadolite, nicely done.

The fact that you think it's a clever question when it is so demonstrably ridiculous in EVERY single way; pretty much sums up your own lack of objective rationality.


Yeah, I think my enjoyment would be a clear case of "subjective".

Where you guys got suckered, btw, is in agreeing to his premise at all. By agreeing to the premise of "better studies" you are agreeing to the fact that the various collections of data supporting global not-staying-the-same-ness are relatively arbitrary.

Uh, not really. If this were true; you'd be able to show it rather than resorting to a vitriolic rant about how wrong everyone is, with no attempt to detail or justify exactly why that is.

Stupidity is becoming institutionalized in 21st century America, I'm afraid. The Europeans know GW is a make-work project, the second world knows it's a handout, and American leadership thinks it's science.

You claim to be an engineer, and you attempt to flaunt these credentials throughout this forum, so I believe it's fair to ask how many times have you substituted a logical, justified explanation of why things should be done a particular way, with either a vitriolic rant opining about how stupid everyone is for disagreeing with your position; or simply dismissing dissenting views with an unending stream of unsupported assertions or just by flat out ignoring them?

You know, as you do here.