Evidence
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/22/2015 11:54:49 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/20/2015 10:41:00 PM, GrittyWorm wrote:
Time travel is possible because time does not exist... :

Exactly, time is as real as the timekeeper you are using. If your watch is slow, time goes slowly, if your watch stopped, time stopped. Set the date back, hey it's the weekend again. Now if we could convince our boss to do the same, everything would be cool.

I imagine the finite (life in general) as a super high-res film, where it's all one were it not for the 'nothing' in-between frames. So if you were to examine it, (because you cannot see or detect 'nothing') existence would be like a seamless, panoramic photo.
There are a thousand hacking at the branches of evil
to one who is striking at the root. - Henry David Thoreau
tejretics
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/23/2015 4:55:06 PM
Time travel is possible because time does not exist...

Please clarify what you mean by the bolded statement. And tell me how time travel would be possible if time didn't exist, since sans time, we can't "travel" through it.
"Where justice is denied, where poverty is enforced, where ignorance prevails, and where any one class is made to feel that society is an organized conspiracy to oppress, rob and degrade them, neither persons nor property will be safe." - Frederick Douglass
snkcake666
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/11/2016 5:33:39 PM
Contrary to popular belief, time is not a man-made concept. It is actually a physical property of space, and can be observed via the relationship between space and time. It can be commonly expressed through graphs as an increase in speed (magnitude of the velocity to clarify) results in a decrease in perceived time. This is observable through clocks set in orbit in comparison to the earth, where the clocks on earth will tick slightly ahead of those within orbit.

There is a similar phenomenon with gravity, where a decrease in gravity is directly proportional to the increase in experienced time, and where an increase in gravity is proportional to a decrease in experienced time.
Accipiter
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/11/2016 10:00:59 PM
Posted: 10 months ago

Not exactly...
Evidence
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/14/2016 5:29:36 AM
At 12/23/2015 4:55:06 PM, tejretics wrote:

Please clarify what you mean by the bolded statement. And tell me how time travel would be possible if time didn't exist, since sans time, we can't "travel" through it. :

Time is events, one event after another irrelevant of duration.
Time only exists in the physical created finite existence, but our mind is infinite.
With the physical body I can only be in the present, can't go back to what I did yesterday.
But since my mind/spirit is Infinite, I can go back to yesterday and be able to actually see myself doing that particular project. If you were helping me yesterday with that project, I would see you and me working on it (so could you).
Our mind is Infinite and Eternal, and that is who we are the mind/spirit. Eternal is without time, so as I said, time doesn't exist.
But because we have a finite body that's always in the present, we (the spirit/mind) can go back in time, and actually see our body there, while seeing and being in the body in the present, at the same time.

So, .. Time travel is possible because time doesn't exist

(I know, now you're going to ask me how could we go into the future? I know God can do that, but for now I only have a theory, working on it though! Wana help me?)
dhardage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/14/2016 5:15:56 PM
At 1/14/2016 5:29:36 AM, Evidence wrote:

Please clarify what you mean by the bolded statement. And tell me how time travel would be possible if time didn't exist, since sans time, we can't "travel" through it. :

Time only exists in the physical created finite existence, but our mind is infinite.
With the physical body I can only be in the present, can't go back to what I did yesterday.
But since my mind/spirit is Infinite, I can go back to yesterday and be able to actually see myself doing that particular project. If you were helping me yesterday with that project, I would see you and me working on it (so could you).

What you are doing is accessing memories stored in your brain, not actually travelling to anyplace or time besides the present.

Our mind is Infinite and Eternal, and that is who we are the mind/spirit. Eternal is without time, so as I said, time doesn't exist.

Mind is wholly dependent upon the physical brain and cannot be shown to exist separately. Soul is undefined and unproven as well and is a null concept except in philosophical terms.

But because we have a finite body that's always in the present, we (the spirit/mind) can go back in time, and actually see our body there, while seeing and being in the body in the present, at the same time.

You are totally misinformed or willfully ignorant of the facts.

(I know, now you're going to ask me how could we go into the future? I know God can do that, but for now I only have a theory, working on it though! Wana help me?)

Can't wait to hear it.
Geogeer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/15/2016 4:07:25 PM

Max Planck disagrees.
Heterodox
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2016 10:41:43 AM
While I don't believe time travel is currently possible. I do believe that it could eventually be possible.

All that is required is the ability to record the properties of an area of space/time and then recreate/reform it.

Like 3d printing, except on a whole other level...

I actually asked about the virtualization of reality in another post (presumably that will precede the ability to actually recreate/reform the properties). It gets real fun to think about that...
Evidence
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/17/2016 11:24:39 PM
At 1/14/2016 5:15:56 PM, dhardage wrote:
At 1/14/2016 5:29:36 AM, Evidence wrote:

What you are doing is accessing memories stored in your brain, not actually travelling to anyplace or time besides the present.

Thank you dhardage. Yes, it seems like that's what I'm doing, which makes my brain no different than a camera, right? My eyes see, digitizes (or whatever it does) what I see and stores it in memory.
I can go back days later and re examine what I have there in memory and find more details, just as I can look at a photograph years later and notice something I did not notice before, correct?

Now look, if my brain with my eyes/ears etc. is a movie camera, and my memory is the storage for these images/movies, then who am I? Who is this 'YOU' as you said in: "What you are doing is accessing memories stored in your brain." ??

Mind is wholly dependent upon the physical brain and cannot be shown to exist separately. Soul is undefined and unproven as well and is a null concept except in philosophical terms.

Exact opposite, the brain is wholly dependent on the mind. The 'mind' is who you are, it is the mind that interprets what you see, then stores it in different parts of the brain for future use, .. no different than what we created the computer to do. It is the 'programmer' that decides where everything should go, and how it should be accessed, the computer or the brain cares less.

When the computer or the brain is damaged, 'We' can't access either one. Neither the brain, nor the computer knows it is damaged, they both continue to operate except all glitchie and spasmic like.

True, one of us is ignorant of the facts, but it is not me, so please hear me out!?
I/you/we, that infinite me/mind/spirit accesses the info stored in this finite brain/body.

Time is relevant only for the physical because it is always trapped in the present, right? But my mind is infinite and eternal, I have done tests to prove it and I have mentioned this before like imagining entire universes in great detail and putting them in shot glasses. My mind is unaffected, it still has infinity of room to continue imagining more stuff.

OK, now think about this for a second, this is a question regarding information between your mind and brain:
* We have our eyes seeing, ears hearing and all our other senses in our body receiving all kinds of information which are sent to the brain where it dances which is what us/mind/spirit is observing and storing back into the proper places in the brain storage.

Q. what is the difference between what you're looking at and what you see in your brains memory? Is there some physically distinguishable difference between what you are seeing vs. what you are seeing stored in your brain?

No, you know that this is all the same. The only thing that YOU the mind/spirit does is discern the obvious, that one event is coming from the eyes and our other senses, and the other what has been stored in memory. This is why we say things like: "Wow, that dream was so real!", .. because it was. The ONLY way to separate the dream from what's happening now is discernment.

Like the present for instance, It is YOU mind/spirit that takes this info and puts it in the proper places.

It's like if I took my camera and took a picture of a real good quality scenic photo, who could tell from looking at my picture which one was the original, and which one was the copy? But memory is in 3-D, as it was in the original.

There is no difference between me seeing you helping me build a table yesterday, and looking at you doing the same thing today. Now I can go over and touch you, but for the mind, both events are interpreted the same way "you feel the same way to the touch today as you did yesterday. So you see You/us the spirit mind can travel in the past and be in two places at once, for the mind there is no time, it doesn't exist, but with our mind we can go back in physical time that was yesterday.

So time travel is possible because for us the mind it doesn't exist, but there was an event we did before what we call the past, yesterday physically. So for our mind/spirit all events are in the present, whether we're looking at the physical past or the present.

Can't wait to hear it. :

I guess not, .. but before I even try to explain, let me see where you are with the past?
dhardage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/18/2016 2:55:04 PM

Thank you dhardage. Yes, it seems like that's what I'm doing, which makes my brain no different than a camera, right? My eyes see, digitizes (or whatever it does) what I see and stores it in memory.

Your eyes focus light into an image that is transmitted to your brain via electrochemical messages along the optic nerve. The visual cortex of your brain translates that signal into an image as it has learned to do and then stores it in your memory. Get an education before you talk about things.

I can go back days later and re examine what I have there in memory and find more details, just as I can look at a photograph years later and notice something I did not notice before, correct?

If you have and eidetic memory, yes. Most of us don't.

Now look, if my brain with my eyes/ears etc. is a movie camera, and my memory is the storage for these images/movies, then who am I? Who is this 'YOU' as you said in: "What you are doing is accessing memories stored in your brain." ??

'You' are a construct, an emergent property of your highly developed brain, probably the result of mirror neurons that allow us to model ourselves and view ourselves as if we were another object.

Metaphysical woo with absolutely no basis in fact.

Exact opposite, the brain is wholly dependent on the mind. The 'mind' is who you are, it is the mind that interprets what you see, then stores it in different parts of the brain for future use, .. no different than what we created the computer to do. It is the 'programmer' that decides where everything should go, and how it should be accessed, the computer or the brain cares less.

Once again, if I excise your brain from your skull, that 'mind' would go with it and cease to function as soon as the oxygen level in the brain was sufficiently depleted.

When the computer or the brain is damaged, 'We' can't access either one. Neither the brain, nor the computer knows it is damaged, they both continue to operate except all glitchie and spasmic like.

If your brain is damaged, your mind is no longer operating as it once did. That is sufficient to demonstrate that the mind is dependent upon the brain, by your own evidence.

Unadulterated bovine fecal matter.

Again, you have no understanding of time and your pronouncements are meaningless rants.

True, one of us is ignorant of the facts, but it is not me, so please hear me out!?
I/you/we, that infinite me/mind/spirit accesses the info stored in this finite brain/body.

Time is relevant only for the physical because it is always trapped in the present, right? But my mind is infinite and eternal, I have done tests to prove it and I have mentioned this before like imagining entire universes in great detail and putting them in shot glasses. My mind is unaffected, it still has infinity of room to continue imagining more stuff.

OK, now think about this for a second, this is a question regarding information between your mind and brain:
* We have our eyes seeing, ears hearing and all our other senses in our body receiving all kinds of information which are sent to the brain where it dances which is what us/mind/spirit is observing and storing back into the proper places in the brain storage.

Q. what is the difference between what you're looking at and what you see in your brains memory? Is there some physically distinguishable difference between what you are seeing vs. what you are seeing stored in your brain?

No, you know that this is all the same. The only thing that YOU the mind/spirit does is discern the obvious, that one event is coming from the eyes and our other senses, and the other what has been stored in memory. This is why we say things like: "Wow, that dream was so real!", .. because it was. The ONLY way to separate the dream from what's happening now is discernment.

Like the present for instance, It is YOU mind/spirit that takes this info and puts it in the proper places.

It's like if I took my camera and took a picture of a real good quality scenic photo, who could tell from looking at my picture which one was the original, and which one was the copy? But memory is in 3-D, as it was in the original.

There is no difference between me seeing you helping me build a table yesterday, and looking at you doing the same thing today. Now I can go over and touch you, but for the mind, both events are interpreted the same way "you feel the same way to the touch today as you did yesterday. So you see You/us the spirit mind can travel in the past and be in two places at once, for the mind there is no time, it doesn't exist, but with our mind we can go back in physical time that was yesterday.

So time travel is possible because for us the mind it doesn't exist, but there was an event we did before what we call the past, yesterday physically. So for our mind/spirit all events are in the present, whether we're looking at the physical past or the present.

Can't wait to hear it. :

I guess not, .. but before I even try to explain, let me see where you are with the past?