Total Posts:129|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

The age of the earth

Maccabee
Posts: 1,242
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/21/2015 3:06:42 AM
Posted: 11 months ago
https://m.youtube.com...

Requirements:

Must watch at least 10 minutes before commenting.

No ad Hominem attacks against the speaker. Only address the argument being made

That's about it.
Scripture, facts, stats, and logic is how I argue

Evolutionism is a religion, not science

When seconds count, the police are just minutes away.

"If guns are the cause of crimes then aren't matches the cause of arson?" D. Boys

"If the death penalty is government sanctioned killing then isn't inprisonment is government sanction kidnapping?" D. B

"Why do you trust the government with machine guns but not honest citizens?" D. B

All those who are pro-death (abortion) is already born
janesix
Posts: 3,462
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/21/2015 3:44:11 AM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/21/2015 3:06:42 AM, Maccabee wrote:
https://m.youtube.com...

Requirements:

Must watch at least 10 minutes before commenting.

No ad Hominem attacks against the speaker. Only address the argument being made


That's about it.

I have seen many kent hovind videos, including this one. Kent hovind is not a scientist and has zero credibility.
Maccabee
Posts: 1,242
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/21/2015 3:48:14 AM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/21/2015 3:44:11 AM, janesix wrote:
At 12/21/2015 3:06:42 AM, Maccabee wrote:
https://m.youtube.com...

Requirements:

Must watch at least 10 minutes before commenting.

No ad Hominem attacks against the speaker. Only address the argument being made


That's about it.

I have seen many kent hovind videos, including this one. Kent hovind is not a scientist and has zero credibility.

First, I ask that you don't make and ad Hominems

Second, he never claimed to be a scientist

So in light of that, what did he said that was wrong? Be specific.
Scripture, facts, stats, and logic is how I argue

Evolutionism is a religion, not science

When seconds count, the police are just minutes away.

"If guns are the cause of crimes then aren't matches the cause of arson?" D. Boys

"If the death penalty is government sanctioned killing then isn't inprisonment is government sanction kidnapping?" D. B

"Why do you trust the government with machine guns but not honest citizens?" D. B

All those who are pro-death (abortion) is already born
Skepticalone
Posts: 6,095
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/21/2015 5:49:53 AM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/21/2015 3:06:42 AM, Maccabee wrote:
https://m.youtube.com...

Requirements:

Must watch at least 10 minutes before commenting.

No ad Hominem attacks against the speaker. Only address the argument being made


That's about it.

I saw only assertions.
This thread is like eavesdropping on a conversation in a mental asylum. - Bulproof

You can call your invisible friends whatever you like. - Desmac

What the hell kind of coked up sideshow has this thread turned into. - Casten
Maccabee
Posts: 1,242
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/21/2015 6:01:47 AM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/21/2015 5:49:53 AM, Skepticalone wrote:
At 12/21/2015 3:06:42 AM, Maccabee wrote:
https://m.youtube.com...

Requirements:

Must watch at least 10 minutes before commenting.

No ad Hominem attacks against the speaker. Only address the argument being made


That's about it.

I saw only assertions.
Be specific. Name one. Maybe I should add to be specific when commenting.
Scripture, facts, stats, and logic is how I argue

Evolutionism is a religion, not science

When seconds count, the police are just minutes away.

"If guns are the cause of crimes then aren't matches the cause of arson?" D. Boys

"If the death penalty is government sanctioned killing then isn't inprisonment is government sanction kidnapping?" D. B

"Why do you trust the government with machine guns but not honest citizens?" D. B

All those who are pro-death (abortion) is already born
Skepticalone
Posts: 6,095
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/21/2015 6:03:07 AM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/21/2015 6:01:47 AM, Maccabee wrote:
At 12/21/2015 5:49:53 AM, Skepticalone wrote:
At 12/21/2015 3:06:42 AM, Maccabee wrote:
https://m.youtube.com...

Requirements:

Must watch at least 10 minutes before commenting.

No ad Hominem attacks against the speaker. Only address the argument being made


That's about it.

I saw only assertions.
Be specific. Name one. Maybe I should add to be specific when commenting.

I have a better idea. How about you state your case, whatever it is, and then we can go from there.
This thread is like eavesdropping on a conversation in a mental asylum. - Bulproof

You can call your invisible friends whatever you like. - Desmac

What the hell kind of coked up sideshow has this thread turned into. - Casten
Maccabee
Posts: 1,242
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/21/2015 6:34:48 AM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/21/2015 6:03:07 AM, Skepticalone wrote:
At 12/21/2015 6:01:47 AM, Maccabee wrote:
At 12/21/2015 5:49:53 AM, Skepticalone wrote:
At 12/21/2015 3:06:42 AM, Maccabee wrote:
https://m.youtube.com...

Requirements:

Must watch at least 10 minutes before commenting.

No ad Hominem attacks against the speaker. Only address the argument being made


That's about it.

I saw only assertions.
Be specific. Name one. Maybe I should add to be specific when commenting.

I have a better idea. How about you state your case, whatever it is, and then we can go from there.

Simple. I think he's right and you prove him wrong in a specific statement he said.
Scripture, facts, stats, and logic is how I argue

Evolutionism is a religion, not science

When seconds count, the police are just minutes away.

"If guns are the cause of crimes then aren't matches the cause of arson?" D. Boys

"If the death penalty is government sanctioned killing then isn't inprisonment is government sanction kidnapping?" D. B

"Why do you trust the government with machine guns but not honest citizens?" D. B

All those who are pro-death (abortion) is already born
Skepticalone
Posts: 6,095
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/21/2015 7:03:32 AM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/21/2015 6:34:48 AM, Maccabee wrote:
At 12/21/2015 6:03:07 AM, Skepticalone wrote:
At 12/21/2015 6:01:47 AM, Maccabee wrote:
At 12/21/2015 5:49:53 AM, Skepticalone wrote:
At 12/21/2015 3:06:42 AM, Maccabee wrote:
https://m.youtube.com...

Requirements:

Must watch at least 10 minutes before commenting.

No ad Hominem attacks against the speaker. Only address the argument being made


That's about it.

I saw only assertions.
Be specific. Name one. Maybe I should add to be specific when commenting.

I have a better idea. How about you state your case, whatever it is, and then we can go from there.

Simple. I think he's right and you prove him wrong in a specific statement he said.

I'm not certain how presuming the Bible validates a young Earth can be considered evidence of anything other than a low standard of evidence. Plus, you're trying to shift the burden over to respondents when you have not backed your claim or even established clearly what your position is.
This thread is like eavesdropping on a conversation in a mental asylum. - Bulproof

You can call your invisible friends whatever you like. - Desmac

What the hell kind of coked up sideshow has this thread turned into. - Casten
Floid
Posts: 751
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/21/2015 12:49:24 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/21/2015 3:06:42 AM, Maccabee wrote:
https://m.youtube.com...

Requirements:

Must watch at least 10 minutes before commenting.

No ad Hominem attacks against the speaker. Only address the argument being made


That's about it.

Instead of me regurgitating information readily available and easy to find, read the refutations here and tell me where you still see holes from the side of science and we can work to fill those: http://www.talkorigins.org...
TheGreatAndPowerful
Posts: 3,012
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/21/2015 12:58:19 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/21/2015 3:06:42 AM, Maccabee wrote:
https://m.youtube.com...

Requirements:

Must watch at least 10 minutes before commenting.

No ad Hominem attacks against the speaker. Only address the argument being made


That's about it.

Requirements:

Visit http://www.talkorigins.org...

Find whatever claims made in the video are in that list.

Look at the rebuttal.

Learn.

That's about it.
Maccabee
Posts: 1,242
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/21/2015 5:26:04 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/21/2015 12:58:19 PM, TheGreatAndPowerful wrote:
At 12/21/2015 3:06:42 AM, Maccabee wrote:
https://m.youtube.com...

Requirements:

Must watch at least 10 minutes before commenting.

No ad Hominem attacks against the speaker. Only address the argument being made


That's about it.

Requirements:

Visit http://www.talkorigins.org...

Find whatever claims made in the video are in that list.

Look at the rebuttal.

Learn.

That's about it.

I'm taking the moon dust issue. The currant rate of moon dust collecting is .04 inches per thousand years. Divide 4.5 billion by a thousand and you get 4,500,000. Now multiply .04 by that and you get 18000 inches on the moon. Divide that by twelve and you get 1,500 feet of dust. It's still too deep for what we measured on the moon. This is one of the few times that I love math.
Scripture, facts, stats, and logic is how I argue

Evolutionism is a religion, not science

When seconds count, the police are just minutes away.

"If guns are the cause of crimes then aren't matches the cause of arson?" D. Boys

"If the death penalty is government sanctioned killing then isn't inprisonment is government sanction kidnapping?" D. B

"Why do you trust the government with machine guns but not honest citizens?" D. B

All those who are pro-death (abortion) is already born
TheGreatAndPowerful
Posts: 3,012
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/21/2015 5:28:32 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/21/2015 5:26:04 PM, Maccabee wrote:
At 12/21/2015 12:58:19 PM, TheGreatAndPowerful wrote:
At 12/21/2015 3:06:42 AM, Maccabee wrote:
https://m.youtube.com...

Requirements:

Must watch at least 10 minutes before commenting.

No ad Hominem attacks against the speaker. Only address the argument being made


That's about it.

Requirements:

Visit http://www.talkorigins.org...

Find whatever claims made in the video are in that list.

Look at the rebuttal.

Learn.

That's about it.

I'm taking the moon dust issue. The currant rate of moon dust collecting is .04 inches per thousand years. Divide 4.5 billion by a thousand and you get 4,500,000. Now multiply .04 by that and you get 18000 inches on the moon. Divide that by twelve and you get 1,500 feet of dust. It's still too deep for what we measured on the moon. This is one of the few times that I love math.

This is addressed in the list I gave you:

http://www.talkorigins.org...
Maccabee
Posts: 1,242
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/21/2015 5:41:08 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/21/2015 5:28:32 PM, TheGreatAndPowerful wrote:
At 12/21/2015 5:26:04 PM, Maccabee wrote:
At 12/21/2015 12:58:19 PM, TheGreatAndPowerful wrote:
At 12/21/2015 3:06:42 AM, Maccabee wrote:
https://m.youtube.com...

Requirements:

Must watch at least 10 minutes before commenting.

No ad Hominem attacks against the speaker. Only address the argument being made


That's about it.

Requirements:

Visit http://www.talkorigins.org...

Find whatever claims made in the video are in that list.

Look at the rebuttal.

Learn.

That's about it.

I'm taking the moon dust issue. The currant rate of moon dust collecting is .04 inches per thousand years. Divide 4.5 billion by a thousand and you get 4,500,000. Now multiply .04 by that and you get 18000 inches on the moon. Divide that by twelve and you get 1,500 feet of dust. It's still too deep for what we measured on the moon. This is one of the few times that I love math.

This is addressed in the list I gave you:

http://www.talkorigins.org...

This is where I got the .04 inches of moon dust.

http://m.space.com...
Scripture, facts, stats, and logic is how I argue

Evolutionism is a religion, not science

When seconds count, the police are just minutes away.

"If guns are the cause of crimes then aren't matches the cause of arson?" D. Boys

"If the death penalty is government sanctioned killing then isn't inprisonment is government sanction kidnapping?" D. B

"Why do you trust the government with machine guns but not honest citizens?" D. B

All those who are pro-death (abortion) is already born
TheGreatAndPowerful
Posts: 3,012
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/21/2015 5:55:06 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/21/2015 5:41:08 PM, Maccabee wrote:
At 12/21/2015 5:28:32 PM, TheGreatAndPowerful wrote:
At 12/21/2015 5:26:04 PM, Maccabee wrote:
At 12/21/2015 12:58:19 PM, TheGreatAndPowerful wrote:
At 12/21/2015 3:06:42 AM, Maccabee wrote:
https://m.youtube.com...

Requirements:

Must watch at least 10 minutes before commenting.

No ad Hominem attacks against the speaker. Only address the argument being made


That's about it.

Requirements:

Visit http://www.talkorigins.org...

Find whatever claims made in the video are in that list.

Look at the rebuttal.

Learn.

That's about it.

I'm taking the moon dust issue. The currant rate of moon dust collecting is .04 inches per thousand years. Divide 4.5 billion by a thousand and you get 4,500,000. Now multiply .04 by that and you get 18000 inches on the moon. Divide that by twelve and you get 1,500 feet of dust. It's still too deep for what we measured on the moon. This is one of the few times that I love math.

This is addressed in the list I gave you:

http://www.talkorigins.org...

This is where I got the .04 inches of moon dust.

http://m.space.com...

Ok? And?
Ramshutu
Posts: 4,063
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/21/2015 5:55:33 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/21/2015 5:26:04 PM, Maccabee wrote:
At 12/21/2015 12:58:19 PM, TheGreatAndPowerful wrote:
At 12/21/2015 3:06:42 AM, Maccabee wrote:
https://m.youtube.com...

Requirements:

Must watch at least 10 minutes before commenting.

No ad Hominem attacks against the speaker. Only address the argument being made


That's about it.

Requirements:

Visit http://www.talkorigins.org...

Find whatever claims made in the video are in that list.

Look at the rebuttal.

Learn.

That's about it.

I'm taking the moon dust issue. The currant rate of moon dust collecting is .04 inches per thousand years. Divide 4.5 billion by a thousand and you get 4,500,000. Now multiply .04 by that and you get 18000 inches on the moon. Divide that by twelve and you get 1,500 feet of dust. It's still too deep for what we measured on the moon. This is one of the few times that I love math.

https://answersingenesis.org...
Maccabee
Posts: 1,242
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/21/2015 6:09:59 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/21/2015 5:55:06 PM, TheGreatAndPowerful wrote:
At 12/21/2015 5:41:08 PM, Maccabee wrote:
At 12/21/2015 5:28:32 PM, TheGreatAndPowerful wrote:
At 12/21/2015 5:26:04 PM, Maccabee wrote:
At 12/21/2015 12:58:19 PM, TheGreatAndPowerful wrote:
At 12/21/2015 3:06:42 AM, Maccabee wrote:
https://m.youtube.com...

Requirements:

Must watch at least 10 minutes before commenting.

No ad Hominem attacks against the speaker. Only address the argument being made


That's about it.

Requirements:

Visit http://www.talkorigins.org...

Find whatever claims made in the video are in that list.

Look at the rebuttal.

Learn.

That's about it.

I'm taking the moon dust issue. The currant rate of moon dust collecting is .04 inches per thousand years. Divide 4.5 billion by a thousand and you get 4,500,000. Now multiply .04 by that and you get 18000 inches on the moon. Divide that by twelve and you get 1,500 feet of dust. It's still too deep for what we measured on the moon. This is one of the few times that I love math.

This is addressed in the list I gave you:

http://www.talkorigins.org...

This is where I got the .04 inches of moon dust.

http://m.space.com...

Ok? And?

I forgot, do you multply 4.5 billion by 840 (the lowest measure given for the moon dust) or do you divide 4.5 billion by 840 to get how much per square inch should be up there?
Scripture, facts, stats, and logic is how I argue

Evolutionism is a religion, not science

When seconds count, the police are just minutes away.

"If guns are the cause of crimes then aren't matches the cause of arson?" D. Boys

"If the death penalty is government sanctioned killing then isn't inprisonment is government sanction kidnapping?" D. B

"Why do you trust the government with machine guns but not honest citizens?" D. B

All those who are pro-death (abortion) is already born
TheGreatAndPowerful
Posts: 3,012
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/21/2015 6:13:54 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/21/2015 6:09:59 PM, Maccabee wrote:

This is where I got the .04 inches of moon dust.

http://m.space.com...

Ok? And?

I forgot, do you multply 4.5 billion by 840 (the lowest measure given for the moon dust) or do you divide 4.5 billion by 840 to get how much per square inch should be up there?

If you don't know, then you probably shouldn't be in a position to be evaluating such claims. How did you ascertain that this single measurement is a global average that has maintained linearly across time?
Maccabee
Posts: 1,242
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/21/2015 6:16:20 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/21/2015 5:55:33 PM, Ramshutu wrote:
At 12/21/2015 5:26:04 PM, Maccabee wrote:
At 12/21/2015 12:58:19 PM, TheGreatAndPowerful wrote:
At 12/21/2015 3:06:42 AM, Maccabee wrote:
https://m.youtube.com...

Requirements:

Must watch at least 10 minutes before commenting.

No ad Hominem attacks against the speaker. Only address the argument being made


That's about it.

Requirements:

Visit http://www.talkorigins.org...

Find whatever claims made in the video are in that list.

Look at the rebuttal.

Learn.

That's about it.

I'm taking the moon dust issue. The currant rate of moon dust collecting is .04 inches per thousand years. Divide 4.5 billion by a thousand and you get 4,500,000. Now multiply .04 by that and you get 18000 inches on the moon. Divide that by twelve and you get 1,500 feet of dust. It's still too deep for what we measured on the moon. This is one of the few times that I love math.

https://answersingenesis.org...
They didnt gave any measurements as to why its wrong.
Scripture, facts, stats, and logic is how I argue

Evolutionism is a religion, not science

When seconds count, the police are just minutes away.

"If guns are the cause of crimes then aren't matches the cause of arson?" D. Boys

"If the death penalty is government sanctioned killing then isn't inprisonment is government sanction kidnapping?" D. B

"Why do you trust the government with machine guns but not honest citizens?" D. B

All those who are pro-death (abortion) is already born
Maccabee
Posts: 1,242
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/21/2015 6:35:58 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/21/2015 6:13:54 PM, TheGreatAndPowerful wrote:
At 12/21/2015 6:09:59 PM, Maccabee wrote:

This is where I got the .04 inches of moon dust.

http://m.space.com...

Ok? And?

I forgot, do you multply 4.5 billion by 840 (the lowest measure given for the moon dust) or do you divide 4.5 billion by 840 to get how much per square inch should be up there?

If you don't know, then you probably shouldn't be in a position to be evaluating such claims. How did you ascertain that this single measurement is a global average that has maintained linearly across time?

1. It's just a mix up on my part. I could give the results for if I divide or multiply but I rather just do one equation.

2. How come you criticize me for applying what we see today is the same that has always been but you do the same thing when you measure the currant rate of how the layers formed?
Scripture, facts, stats, and logic is how I argue

Evolutionism is a religion, not science

When seconds count, the police are just minutes away.

"If guns are the cause of crimes then aren't matches the cause of arson?" D. Boys

"If the death penalty is government sanctioned killing then isn't inprisonment is government sanction kidnapping?" D. B

"Why do you trust the government with machine guns but not honest citizens?" D. B

All those who are pro-death (abortion) is already born
v3nesl
Posts: 4,489
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/21/2015 6:38:59 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/21/2015 6:13:54 PM, TheGreatAndPowerful wrote:
At 12/21/2015 6:09:59 PM, Maccabee wrote:

This is where I got the .04 inches of moon dust.

http://m.space.com...

Ok? And?

I forgot, do you multply 4.5 billion by 840 (the lowest measure given for the moon dust) or do you divide 4.5 billion by 840 to get how much per square inch should be up there?

If you don't know, then you probably shouldn't be in a position to be evaluating such claims. How did you ascertain that this single measurement is a global average that has maintained linearly across time?

You sure you want to go there? That assumption is the basis for status quo age-of-the-earth measurements, so you can't just throw it out when it suits.

There's another interesting moon thing - when our boys were up there they put a mirror on the moon that we can bounce a laser off of, and get precise distance measurements. We found that the moon is moving away from the earth at something like 1.5" year, if I recall correctly. The moon's orbit is losing energy to the tides. And the tides, the stirring of the oceans, is essential to life. So it's another reminder of how real world systems run down.

I'm not necessarily a YEC myself - I don't see that the week of Genesis 1 has to be the beginning of *everything*, but on the other hand, I think some of the ages thrown around are probably wildly exaggerated. The solar system is a system, and life is a system. Systems have to be wound up to start, and then if they are not actively maintained, they run down.
This space for rent.
TheGreatAndPowerful
Posts: 3,012
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/21/2015 6:43:29 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/21/2015 6:35:58 PM, Maccabee wrote:
At 12/21/2015 6:13:54 PM, TheGreatAndPowerful wrote:
At 12/21/2015 6:09:59 PM, Maccabee wrote:

This is where I got the .04 inches of moon dust.

http://m.space.com...

Ok? And?

I forgot, do you multply 4.5 billion by 840 (the lowest measure given for the moon dust) or do you divide 4.5 billion by 840 to get how much per square inch should be up there?

If you don't know, then you probably shouldn't be in a position to be evaluating such claims. How did you ascertain that this single measurement is a global average that has maintained linearly across time?

1. It's just a mix up on my part. I could give the results for if I divide or multiply but I rather just do one equation.

I'm asking to you support why that equation is the correct one.

2. How come you criticize me for applying what we see today is the same that has always been but you do the same thing when you measure the currant rate of how the layers formed?

No we don't.
TheGreatAndPowerful
Posts: 3,012
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/21/2015 6:45:48 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/21/2015 6:38:59 PM, v3nesl wrote:
At 12/21/2015 6:13:54 PM, TheGreatAndPowerful wrote:
At 12/21/2015 6:09:59 PM, Maccabee wrote:

This is where I got the .04 inches of moon dust.

http://m.space.com...

Ok? And?

I forgot, do you multply 4.5 billion by 840 (the lowest measure given for the moon dust) or do you divide 4.5 billion by 840 to get how much per square inch should be up there?

If you don't know, then you probably shouldn't be in a position to be evaluating such claims. How did you ascertain that this single measurement is a global average that has maintained linearly across time?

You sure you want to go there? That assumption is the basis for status quo age-of-the-earth measurements, so you can't just throw it out when it suits.

I'm not sure what you're argument is here. Are you suggesting that if some processes occur linearly or consistently across time then everything has to?
Maccabee
Posts: 1,242
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/21/2015 7:00:53 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/21/2015 6:43:29 PM, TheGreatAndPowerful wrote:
At 12/21/2015 6:35:58 PM, Maccabee wrote:
At 12/21/2015 6:13:54 PM, TheGreatAndPowerful wrote:
At 12/21/2015 6:09:59 PM, Maccabee wrote:

This is where I got the .04 inches of moon dust.

http://m.space.com...

Ok? And?

I forgot, do you multply 4.5 billion by 840 (the lowest measure given for the moon dust) or do you divide 4.5 billion by 840 to get how much per square inch should be up there?

If you don't know, then you probably shouldn't be in a position to be evaluating such claims. How did you ascertain that this single measurement is a global average that has maintained linearly across time?

1. It's just a mix up on my part. I could give the results for if I divide or multiply but I rather just do one equation.

I'm asking to you support why that equation is the correct one.

I'm giving you a fair chance. If the 840 tons per year would still produce way more than we see then it should call into question the age of the moon. Now I'm having trouble converting 840 tons on the moon into how much per square foot of dust should we see.


2. How come you criticize me for applying what we see today is the same that has always been but you do the same thing when you measure the currant rate of how the layers formed?

No we don't.

Yes you do. Take for example the Grand Canyon. You say that it was formed over millions of years because of the currant erosion rate.
Scripture, facts, stats, and logic is how I argue

Evolutionism is a religion, not science

When seconds count, the police are just minutes away.

"If guns are the cause of crimes then aren't matches the cause of arson?" D. Boys

"If the death penalty is government sanctioned killing then isn't inprisonment is government sanction kidnapping?" D. B

"Why do you trust the government with machine guns but not honest citizens?" D. B

All those who are pro-death (abortion) is already born
TheGreatAndPowerful
Posts: 3,012
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/21/2015 7:08:17 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/21/2015 7:00:53 PM, Maccabee wrote:
At 12/21/2015 6:43:29 PM, TheGreatAndPowerful wrote:
At 12/21/2015 6:35:58 PM, Maccabee wrote:
At 12/21/2015 6:13:54 PM, TheGreatAndPowerful wrote:
At 12/21/2015 6:09:59 PM, Maccabee wrote:

This is where I got the .04 inches of moon dust.

http://m.space.com...

Ok? And?

I forgot, do you multply 4.5 billion by 840 (the lowest measure given for the moon dust) or do you divide 4.5 billion by 840 to get how much per square inch should be up there?

If you don't know, then you probably shouldn't be in a position to be evaluating such claims. How did you ascertain that this single measurement is a global average that has maintained linearly across time?

1. It's just a mix up on my part. I could give the results for if I divide or multiply but I rather just do one equation.

I'm asking to you support why that equation is the correct one.

I'm giving you a fair chance. If the 840 tons per year would still produce way more than we see then it should call into question the age of the moon. Now I'm having trouble converting 840 tons on the moon into how much per square foot of dust should we see.

I'm giving you a fair chance. Support why either equation is appropriate.

2. How come you criticize me for applying what we see today is the same that has always been but you do the same thing when you measure the currant rate of how the layers formed?

No we don't.

Yes you do. Take for example the Grand Canyon. You say that it was formed over millions of years because of the currant erosion rate.

No I don't.
Burzmali
Posts: 1,310
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/21/2015 7:41:37 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/21/2015 6:16:20 PM, Maccabee wrote:
At 12/21/2015 5:55:33 PM, Ramshutu wrote:
At 12/21/2015 5:26:04 PM, Maccabee wrote:
At 12/21/2015 12:58:19 PM, TheGreatAndPowerful wrote:
At 12/21/2015 3:06:42 AM, Maccabee wrote:
https://m.youtube.com...

Requirements:

Must watch at least 10 minutes before commenting.

No ad Hominem attacks against the speaker. Only address the argument being made


That's about it.

Requirements:

Visit http://www.talkorigins.org...

Find whatever claims made in the video are in that list.

Look at the rebuttal.

Learn.

That's about it.

I'm taking the moon dust issue. The currant rate of moon dust collecting is .04 inches per thousand years. Divide 4.5 billion by a thousand and you get 4,500,000. Now multiply .04 by that and you get 18000 inches on the moon. Divide that by twelve and you get 1,500 feet of dust. It's still too deep for what we measured on the moon. This is one of the few times that I love math.

https://answersingenesis.org...
They didnt gave any measurements as to why its wrong.

They said additional research shows that the rate of accumulation now appears to be 1/20th of the 0.04 inch/millennium claim, so assuming linear change in rate of accumulation is wrong. Therefore, the moon dust argument isn't valid.
Maccabee
Posts: 1,242
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/21/2015 8:21:47 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/21/2015 7:41:37 PM, Burzmali wrote:
At 12/21/2015 6:16:20 PM, Maccabee wrote:
At 12/21/2015 5:55:33 PM, Ramshutu wrote:
At 12/21/2015 5:26:04 PM, Maccabee wrote:
At 12/21/2015 12:58:19 PM, TheGreatAndPowerful wrote:
At 12/21/2015 3:06:42 AM, Maccabee wrote:
https://m.youtube.com...

Requirements:

Must watch at least 10 minutes before commenting.

No ad Hominem attacks against the speaker. Only address the argument being made


That's about it.

Requirements:

Visit http://www.talkorigins.org...

Find whatever claims made in the video are in that list.

Look at the rebuttal.

Learn.

That's about it.

I'm taking the moon dust issue. The currant rate of moon dust collecting is .04 inches per thousand years. Divide 4.5 billion by a thousand and you get 4,500,000. Now multiply .04 by that and you get 18000 inches on the moon. Divide that by twelve and you get 1,500 feet of dust. It's still too deep for what we measured on the moon. This is one of the few times that I love math.

https://answersingenesis.org...
They didnt gave any measurements as to why its wrong.

They said additional research shows that the rate of accumulation now appears to be 1/20th of the 0.04 inch/millennium claim, so assuming linear change in rate of accumulation is wrong. Therefore, the moon dust argument isn't valid.

.04 divided by 20 is .002. .002 x 4500000 is 9000 inches. Divide that by twelve and you get 750 feet of dust. It's still way too much for what we actually see. It still a valid argument.
Scripture, facts, stats, and logic is how I argue

Evolutionism is a religion, not science

When seconds count, the police are just minutes away.

"If guns are the cause of crimes then aren't matches the cause of arson?" D. Boys

"If the death penalty is government sanctioned killing then isn't inprisonment is government sanction kidnapping?" D. B

"Why do you trust the government with machine guns but not honest citizens?" D. B

All those who are pro-death (abortion) is already born
Maccabee
Posts: 1,242
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/21/2015 8:33:41 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/21/2015 7:08:17 PM, TheGreatAndPowerful wrote:
At 12/21/2015 7:00:53 PM, Maccabee wrote:
At 12/21/2015 6:43:29 PM, TheGreatAndPowerful wrote:
At 12/21/2015 6:35:58 PM, Maccabee wrote:
At 12/21/2015 6:13:54 PM, TheGreatAndPowerful wrote:
At 12/21/2015 6:09:59 PM, Maccabee wrote:

This is where I got the .04 inches of moon dust.

http://m.space.com...

Ok? And?

I forgot, do you multply 4.5 billion by 840 (the lowest measure given for the moon dust) or do you divide 4.5 billion by 840 to get how much per square inch should be up there?

If you don't know, then you probably shouldn't be in a position to be evaluating such claims. How did you ascertain that this single measurement is a global average that has maintained linearly across time?

1. It's just a mix up on my part. I could give the results for if I divide or multiply but I rather just do one equation.

I'm asking to you support why that equation is the correct one.

I'm giving you a fair chance. If the 840 tons per year would still produce way more than we see then it should call into question the age of the moon. Now I'm having trouble converting 840 tons on the moon into how much per square foot of dust should we see.

I'm giving you a fair chance. Support why either equation is appropriate.

Because if either equation is linear and hasn't changed much and its too much dust than we actually see then the moon being 4.5 billion years old is not valid.

2. How come you criticize me for applying what we see today is the same that has always been but you do the same thing when you measure the currant rate of how the layers formed?

No we don't.

Yes you do. Take for example the Grand Canyon. You say that it was formed over millions of years because of the currant erosion rate.

No I don't.

1. Fine, your comrades do

2. If that's not the way the gran canyon is measured then how exactly?
Scripture, facts, stats, and logic is how I argue

Evolutionism is a religion, not science

When seconds count, the police are just minutes away.

"If guns are the cause of crimes then aren't matches the cause of arson?" D. Boys

"If the death penalty is government sanctioned killing then isn't inprisonment is government sanction kidnapping?" D. B

"Why do you trust the government with machine guns but not honest citizens?" D. B

All those who are pro-death (abortion) is already born
TheGreatAndPowerful
Posts: 3,012
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/21/2015 9:39:28 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/21/2015 8:33:41 PM, Maccabee wrote:
At 12/21/2015 7:08:17 PM, TheGreatAndPowerful wrote:
At 12/21/2015 7:00:53 PM, Maccabee wrote:
At 12/21/2015 6:43:29 PM, TheGreatAndPowerful wrote:
At 12/21/2015 6:35:58 PM, Maccabee wrote:
At 12/21/2015 6:13:54 PM, TheGreatAndPowerful wrote:
At 12/21/2015 6:09:59 PM, Maccabee wrote:

This is where I got the .04 inches of moon dust.

http://m.space.com...

Ok? And?

I forgot, do you multply 4.5 billion by 840 (the lowest measure given for the moon dust) or do you divide 4.5 billion by 840 to get how much per square inch should be up there?

If you don't know, then you probably shouldn't be in a position to be evaluating such claims. How did you ascertain that this single measurement is a global average that has maintained linearly across time?

1. It's just a mix up on my part. I could give the results for if I divide or multiply but I rather just do one equation.

I'm asking to you support why that equation is the correct one.

I'm giving you a fair chance. If the 840 tons per year would still produce way more than we see then it should call into question the age of the moon. Now I'm having trouble converting 840 tons on the moon into how much per square foot of dust should we see.

I'm giving you a fair chance. Support why either equation is appropriate.

Because if either equation is linear and hasn't changed much and its too much dust than we actually see then the moon being 4.5 billion years old is not valid.

Right. IF the equation is linear. By you haven't shown why that equation is appropriate.


2. How come you criticize me for applying what we see today is the same that has always been but you do the same thing when you measure the currant rate of how the layers formed?

No we don't.

Yes you do. Take for example the Grand Canyon. You say that it was formed over millions of years because of the currant erosion rate.

No I don't.

1. Fine, your comrades do

2. If that's not the way the gran canyon is measured then how exactly?

Radio dating of the rocks, analysis of the exposed strata.
TBR
Posts: 9,991
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/21/2015 9:49:47 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/21/2015 3:06:42 AM, Maccabee wrote:
https://m.youtube.com...

Requirements:

Must watch at least 10 minutes before commenting.

No ad Hominem attacks against the speaker. Only address the argument being made


That's about it.

So, I am slogging through 10 min as you requested, and at the 8:00 mark we have got nothing yet. Like really, no argument at all!