Total Posts:6|Showing Posts:1-6
Jump to topic:

A Futile Debate

KnowledgeBot5
Posts: 41
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2016 5:52:45 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
No matter how we word it, no matter what evidence is provided.. there will never be a happy coexistence between religion and science. It truly is, in the eye of the beholder-
we know (non religious) that everything that is science, only became science through the processes of empirical evidence, evidence that stands up to any and all rigors of disproving theories and cannot be proved otherwise, such as the earth revolving around the sun. Which Galileo was placed under house arrest for life by the catholic church for coming up with this "idea" and forced by the church to recant his statements regard it-

What I know to be partially true, is that as complicated as life seems to be for some, its really simple for others on both sides of the debate. clearly this indicates a difference of knowledge, intelligence, comprehension/understanding and a weakness or laziness of sorts, its easier to understand that a god created all of this, then to dredge through every scientific theory, evidence, ideas/explanations and piece of it together- even without ever laying eyes on a god, believing you dont have to see the creating creating, you only need to believe. for Science, you have to provide empirical evidence for the evidence to be accepted as fact- whats religions process of producing evidence of a god/creator and how can a creator create physical matter if the creator isnt physical? wheres the proof? ( of course the proof is in your mind/heart in faith and belief, its in a place where it can and never will be able to be proved ) to me, a god is a character similar in concept to Santa Clause- he also used to be in my mind and heart, and I did have faith he'd leave me gifts on Christmas- but then I turned 10yrs old and learned, acquired additional knowledge, that santa doesnt exists
Wizard_Blizzard
Posts: 2
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/6/2016 11:58:43 AM
Posted: 11 months ago
If you're claiming all religion is Christian by nature, then you are correct, if you are claiming science and religion can never have a happy medium then you are wrong.

Christianity struggles with modern scientific fact, there are a lot of things a Christian scientist has to adjust for in his beliefs if he wishes to be a scientist with credibility. I'm sorry, it's just the truth.
wembley
Posts: 58
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/7/2016 3:15:06 AM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 1/5/2016 5:52:45 PM, KnowledgeBot5 wrote:
No matter how we word it, no matter what evidence is provided.. there will never be a happy coexistence between religion and science. It truly is, in the eye of the beholder-
we know (non religious) that everything that is science, only became science through the processes of empirical evidence, evidence that stands up to any and all rigors of disproving theories and cannot be proved otherwise, such as the earth revolving around the sun. Which Galileo was placed under house arrest for life by the catholic church for coming up with this "idea" and forced by the church to recant his statements regard it-

What I know to be partially true, is that as complicated as life seems to be for some, its really simple for others on both sides of the debate. clearly this indicates a difference of knowledge, intelligence, comprehension/understanding and a weakness or laziness of sorts, its easier to understand that a god created all of this, then to dredge through every scientific theory, evidence, ideas/explanations and piece of it together- even without ever laying eyes on a god, believing you dont have to see the creating creating, you only need to believe. for Science, you have to provide empirical evidence for the evidence to be accepted as fact- whats religions process of producing evidence of a god/creator and how can a creator create physical matter if the creator isnt physical? wheres the proof? ( of course the proof is in your mind/heart in faith and belief, its in a place where it can and never will be able to be proved ) to me, a god is a character similar in concept to Santa Clause- he also used to be in my mind and heart, and I did have faith he'd leave me gifts on Christmas- but then I turned 10yrs old and learned, acquired additional knowledge, that santa doesnt exists :
Science came from the same source as religion did but religion came first.
chui
Posts: 510
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/7/2016 12:00:53 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 1/7/2016 3:15:06 AM, wembley wrote:
At 1/5/2016 5:52:45 PM, KnowledgeBot5 wrote:
No matter how we word it, no matter what evidence is provided.. there will never be a happy coexistence between religion and science. It truly is, in the eye of the beholder-
we know (non religious) that everything that is science, only became science through the processes of empirical evidence, evidence that stands up to any and all rigors of disproving theories and cannot be proved otherwise, such as the earth revolving around the sun. Which Galileo was placed under house arrest for life by the catholic church for coming up with this "idea" and forced by the church to recant his statements regard it-

What I know to be partially true, is that as complicated as life seems to be for some, its really simple for others on both sides of the debate. clearly this indicates a difference of knowledge, intelligence, comprehension/understanding and a weakness or laziness of sorts, its easier to understand that a god created all of this, then to dredge through every scientific theory, evidence, ideas/explanations and piece of it together- even without ever laying eyes on a god, believing you dont have to see the creating creating, you only need to believe. for Science, you have to provide empirical evidence for the evidence to be accepted as fact- whats religions process of producing evidence of a god/creator and how can a creator create physical matter if the creator isnt physical? wheres the proof? ( of course the proof is in your mind/heart in faith and belief, its in a place where it can and never will be able to be proved ) to me, a god is a character similar in concept to Santa Clause- he also used to be in my mind and heart, and I did have faith he'd leave me gifts on Christmas- but then I turned 10yrs old and learned, acquired additional knowledge, that santa doesnt exists :
Science came from the same source as religion did but religion came first.

I guess to you it is obvious what that source is and why primacy is important but it is not to me. Could you explain yourself more clearly please.
chui
Posts: 510
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/7/2016 12:05:09 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 1/6/2016 11:58:43 AM, Wizard_Blizzard wrote:
If you're claiming all religion is Christian by nature, then you are correct,

That is a pretty massive assertion. Can you justify the implication that other forms of religion do not exist?

if you are claiming science and religion can never have a happy medium then you are wrong.

Christianity struggles with modern scientific fact, there are a lot of things a Christian scientist has to adjust for in his beliefs if he wishes to be a scientist with credibility. I'm sorry, it's just the truth.

Bold assertion of a truth with no appeal to evidence. Sounds like dogma.
wembley
Posts: 58
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/7/2016 4:22:22 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 1/7/2016 12:00:53 PM, chui wrote:
At 1/7/2016 3:15:06 AM, wembley wrote:
At 1/5/2016 5:52:45 PM, KnowledgeBot5 wrote:
No matter how we word it, no matter what evidence is provided.. there will never be a happy coexistence between religion and science. It truly is, in the eye of the beholder-
we know (non religious) that everything that is science, only became science through the processes of empirical evidence, evidence that stands up to any and all rigors of disproving theories and cannot be proved otherwise, such as the earth revolving around the sun. Which Galileo was placed under house arrest for life by the catholic church for coming up with this "idea" and forced by the church to recant his statements regard it-

What I know to be partially true, is that as complicated as life seems to be for some, its really simple for others on both sides of the debate. clearly this indicates a difference of knowledge, intelligence, comprehension/understanding and a weakness or laziness of sorts, its easier to understand that a god created all of this, then to dredge through every scientific theory, evidence, ideas/explanations and piece of it together- even without ever laying eyes on a god, believing you dont have to see the creating creating, you only need to believe. for Science, you have to provide empirical evidence for the evidence to be accepted as fact- whats religions process of producing evidence of a god/creator and how can a creator create physical matter if the creator isnt physical? wheres the proof? ( of course the proof is in your mind/heart in faith and belief, its in a place where it can and never will be able to be proved ) to me, a god is a character similar in concept to Santa Clause- he also used to be in my mind and heart, and I did have faith he'd leave me gifts on Christmas- but then I turned 10yrs old and learned, acquired additional knowledge, that santa doesnt exists :
Science came from the same source as religion did but religion came first.

I guess to you it is obvious what that source is and why primacy is important but it is not to me. Could you explain yourself more clearly please.

A religion began the moment man started building things with his hands. Before anything can be built with your hands, you need to get a thought in your mind to get the idea to build something. The origin of those thoughts is what you need to know to understand where everything we experience comes from.

Psalm 139
17: How precious to me are thy thoughts, O God! How vast is the sum of them!