Total Posts:23|Showing Posts:1-23
Jump to topic:

Convince me to become an evolutionist #2

NewLifeChristian
Posts: 1,236
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/19/2016 11:08:57 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
I'm a hard-core creationist and am not going to become an evolutionist any time soon; however, I am always happy to debate evolution in the forums.

Once again, please do not send me any debate challenges. I will debate in the forums, but not debate in the debate section. Now that that's out of the way, let the debate begin! :)
Pro-Life Quotes:

"I've noticed that everyone who is for abortion has already been born."
- Ronald Reagan

"The care of human life and happiness, and not their destruction, is the first and only object of good government."
- Thomas Jefferson

"A person is a person no matter how small."
- Dr. Seuss
janesix
Posts: 3,485
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/19/2016 11:33:05 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/19/2016 11:08:57 PM, NewLifeChristian wrote:
I'm a hard-core creationist and am not going to become an evolutionist any time soon; however, I am always happy to debate evolution in the forums.

Once again, please do not send me any debate challenges. I will debate in the forums, but not debate in the debate section. Now that that's out of the way, let the debate begin! :)

You: It appears that isn't the case. Humans are significantly more intelligent than apes and other primates, for one.

Me: Yes, because we evolved a superior brain.

You: Secondly, there are 900,000,000 DNA letter differences separating humans from chimpanzees. (http://www.icr.org......)

Me: You need to prove that can't happen in 6 to 7 million years.
NewLifeChristian
Posts: 1,236
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/19/2016 11:46:35 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/19/2016 11:33:05 PM, janesix wrote:
At 1/19/2016 11:08:57 PM, NewLifeChristian wrote:
I'm a hard-core creationist and am not going to become an evolutionist any time soon; however, I am always happy to debate evolution in the forums.

Once again, please do not send me any debate challenges. I will debate in the forums, but not debate in the debate section. Now that that's out of the way, let the debate begin! :)



You: It appears that isn't the case. Humans are significantly more intelligent than apes and other primates, for one.


Me: Yes, because we evolved a superior brain.

You: Secondly, there are 900,000,000 DNA letter differences separating humans from chimpanzees. (http://www.icr.org......)

Me: You need to prove that can't happen in 6 to 7 million years.
Well, I believe this is an entirely different argument we are getting into. Perhaps we should shift gears to the "age of the Earth" debate, rather than the generic evolution debate.
Pro-Life Quotes:

"I've noticed that everyone who is for abortion has already been born."
- Ronald Reagan

"The care of human life and happiness, and not their destruction, is the first and only object of good government."
- Thomas Jefferson

"A person is a person no matter how small."
- Dr. Seuss
janesix
Posts: 3,485
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/19/2016 11:48:54 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/19/2016 11:46:35 PM, NewLifeChristian wrote:
At 1/19/2016 11:33:05 PM, janesix wrote:
At 1/19/2016 11:08:57 PM, NewLifeChristian wrote:
I'm a hard-core creationist and am not going to become an evolutionist any time soon; however, I am always happy to debate evolution in the forums.

Once again, please do not send me any debate challenges. I will debate in the forums, but not debate in the debate section. Now that that's out of the way, let the debate begin! :)



You: It appears that isn't the case. Humans are significantly more intelligent than apes and other primates, for one.


Me: Yes, because we evolved a superior brain.

You: Secondly, there are 900,000,000 DNA letter differences separating humans from chimpanzees. (http://www.icr.org......)

Me: You need to prove that can't happen in 6 to 7 million years.
Well, I believe this is an entirely different argument we are getting into. Perhaps we should shift gears to the "age of the Earth" debate, rather than the generic evolution debate.

Whatever. If you do not want to debate evolution, why put the word" Evolution" in your forum thread title?
NewLifeChristian
Posts: 1,236
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/19/2016 11:52:47 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/19/2016 11:48:54 PM, janesix wrote:
At 1/19/2016 11:46:35 PM, NewLifeChristian wrote:
At 1/19/2016 11:33:05 PM, janesix wrote:
At 1/19/2016 11:08:57 PM, NewLifeChristian wrote:
I'm a hard-core creationist and am not going to become an evolutionist any time soon; however, I am always happy to debate evolution in the forums.

Once again, please do not send me any debate challenges. I will debate in the forums, but not debate in the debate section. Now that that's out of the way, let the debate begin! :)



You: It appears that isn't the case. Humans are significantly more intelligent than apes and other primates, for one.


Me: Yes, because we evolved a superior brain.

You: Secondly, there are 900,000,000 DNA letter differences separating humans from chimpanzees. (http://www.icr.org......)

Me: You need to prove that can't happen in 6 to 7 million years.
Well, I believe this is an entirely different argument we are getting into. Perhaps we should shift gears to the "age of the Earth" debate, rather than the generic evolution debate.

Whatever. If you do not want to debate evolution, why put the word" Evolution" in your forum thread title?
Well, it appears you are the one shifting the debate. You brought up something that I don't agree with. I am a young Earth creationist, so (as it states in the name) I don't believe the Earth is older than a few thousand years old. I simply can't argue with you when I have to argue assuming the Earth is older than six-to-ten thousand years old.
Pro-Life Quotes:

"I've noticed that everyone who is for abortion has already been born."
- Ronald Reagan

"The care of human life and happiness, and not their destruction, is the first and only object of good government."
- Thomas Jefferson

"A person is a person no matter how small."
- Dr. Seuss
janesix
Posts: 3,485
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/19/2016 11:59:12 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/19/2016 11:52:47 PM, NewLifeChristian wrote:
At 1/19/2016 11:48:54 PM, janesix wrote:
At 1/19/2016 11:46:35 PM, NewLifeChristian wrote:
At 1/19/2016 11:33:05 PM, janesix wrote:
At 1/19/2016 11:08:57 PM, NewLifeChristian wrote:
I'm a hard-core creationist and am not going to become an evolutionist any time soon; however, I am always happy to debate evolution in the forums.

Once again, please do not send me any debate challenges. I will debate in the forums, but not debate in the debate section. Now that that's out of the way, let the debate begin! :)



You: It appears that isn't the case. Humans are significantly more intelligent than apes and other primates, for one.


Me: Yes, because we evolved a superior brain.

You: Secondly, there are 900,000,000 DNA letter differences separating humans from chimpanzees. (http://www.icr.org......)

Me: You need to prove that can't happen in 6 to 7 million years.
Well, I believe this is an entirely different argument we are getting into. Perhaps we should shift gears to the "age of the Earth" debate, rather than the generic evolution debate.

Whatever. If you do not want to debate evolution, why put the word" Evolution" in your forum thread title?
Well, it appears you are the one shifting the debate. You brought up something that I don't agree with. I am a young Earth creationist, so (as it states in the name) I don't believe the Earth is older than a few thousand years old. I simply can't argue with you when I have to argue assuming the Earth is older than six-to-ten thousand years old.

Well I don't necessarily believe it takes millions of years for evolution to take place. For instance, a lizard evolved new organ in it's gut in less than 40 years.

It shows in the record that things evolve rapidly.

I haven't studied how they date rocks, the Earth, or the universe, so I really don't have much to say about it.
bballcrook21
Posts: 4,468
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/20/2016 12:06:20 AM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/19/2016 11:08:57 PM, NewLifeChristian wrote:
I'm a hard-core creationist and am not going to become an evolutionist any time soon; however, I am always happy to debate evolution in the forums.

Once again, please do not send me any debate challenges. I will debate in the forums, but not debate in the debate section. Now that that's out of the way, let the debate begin! :)

Convince me why one shouldn't believe in evolution.
If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in 5 years there'd be a shortage of sand. - Friedman

Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself. -Friedman

Nothing is so permanent as a temporary government program. - Friedman

Society will never be free until the last Democrat is strangled with the entrails of the last Communist.
DanneJeRusse
Posts: 12,652
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/20/2016 12:14:37 AM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/19/2016 11:08:57 PM, NewLifeChristian wrote:
I'm a hard-core creationist and am not going to become an evolutionist any time soon; however, I am always happy to debate evolution in the forums.

You first need to take the time to understand evolution before you can actually debate it. I don't see any point in convincing you to learn something, if you have a brain and are able to use it, then you yourself will want to learn things entirely on your own without anyone trying to convince you. If you want others to convince to learn something, then perhaps you haven't yet figured out how to use your brain.
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
NewLifeChristian
Posts: 1,236
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/20/2016 12:35:43 AM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/19/2016 11:59:12 PM, janesix wrote:
At 1/19/2016 11:52:47 PM, NewLifeChristian wrote:
At 1/19/2016 11:48:54 PM, janesix wrote:
At 1/19/2016 11:46:35 PM, NewLifeChristian wrote:
At 1/19/2016 11:33:05 PM, janesix wrote:
At 1/19/2016 11:08:57 PM, NewLifeChristian wrote:
I'm a hard-core creationist and am not going to become an evolutionist any time soon; however, I am always happy to debate evolution in the forums.

Once again, please do not send me any debate challenges. I will debate in the forums, but not debate in the debate section. Now that that's out of the way, let the debate begin! :)



You: It appears that isn't the case. Humans are significantly more intelligent than apes and other primates, for one.


Me: Yes, because we evolved a superior brain.

You: Secondly, there are 900,000,000 DNA letter differences separating humans from chimpanzees. (http://www.icr.org......)

Me: You need to prove that can't happen in 6 to 7 million years.
Well, I believe this is an entirely different argument we are getting into. Perhaps we should shift gears to the "age of the Earth" debate, rather than the generic evolution debate.

Whatever. If you do not want to debate evolution, why put the word" Evolution" in your forum thread title?
Well, it appears you are the one shifting the debate. You brought up something that I don't agree with. I am a young Earth creationist, so (as it states in the name) I don't believe the Earth is older than a few thousand years old. I simply can't argue with you when I have to argue assuming the Earth is older than six-to-ten thousand years old.

Well I don't necessarily believe it takes millions of years for evolution to take place. For instance, a lizard evolved new organ in it's gut in less than 40 years.

It shows in the record that things evolve rapidly.

I haven't studied how they date rocks, the Earth, or the universe, so I really don't have much to say about it.
Actually, lasting evolutionary change takes a million years. (http://phys.org...) Also, just for the record, I do believe in micro-evolution. The definitions for micro and macro evolution can be found here: http://www.scriptureoncreation.org...
Pro-Life Quotes:

"I've noticed that everyone who is for abortion has already been born."
- Ronald Reagan

"The care of human life and happiness, and not their destruction, is the first and only object of good government."
- Thomas Jefferson

"A person is a person no matter how small."
- Dr. Seuss
triangle.128k
Posts: 3,675
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/20/2016 12:49:31 AM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/20/2016 12:35:43 AM, NewLifeChristian wrote:

Regarding the debate I did against you; your quote against isochron dating contradicted your claim.

"As first developed the method assumed a system to have: (1) the same age; (2) the same initial 87Sr/86Sr ratio"

"Even a suite of samples which do not have identical ages and initial 87Sr/86Sr ratios can be fitted to isochrons, such as aerial isochrons"


In simpler words, the quote you said is mentioning how isochron dating solves flaws with normal radiometric dating.

Regarding your argument against chronologically arranged organisms, you stated that humans are higher above because they were smarter than dinosaurs. The arrangement of fossils/bones are not correlated with intelligence; there were some dumber animals that are higher up than smarter ones. Going on the basis of suitability of the flood, do keep in mind many extinct fish are upon the oldest and deepest layers of the fossil arrangement. These fish obviously had a better survivability rate than animals like wooly mammoths that are higher up.
RuvDraba
Posts: 6,033
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/20/2016 3:20:48 AM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/19/2016 11:52:47 PM, NewLifeChristian wrote:
At 1/19/2016 11:48:54 PM, janesix wrote:
At 1/19/2016 11:46:35 PM, NewLifeChristian wrote:
At 1/19/2016 11:33:05 PM, janesix wrote:
At 1/19/2016 11:08:57 PM, NewLifeChristian wrote:
I'm a hard-core creationist and am not going to become an evolutionist any time soon; however, I am always happy to debate evolution in the forums.

Once again, please do not send me any debate challenges. I will debate in the forums, but not debate in the debate section. Now that that's out of the way, let the debate begin! :)



You: It appears that isn't the case. Humans are significantly more intelligent than apes and other primates, for one.


Me: Yes, because we evolved a superior brain.

You: Secondly, there are 900,000,000 DNA letter differences separating humans from chimpanzees. (http://www.icr.org......)

Me: You need to prove that can't happen in 6 to 7 million years.
Well, I believe this is an entirely different argument we are getting into. Perhaps we should shift gears to the "age of the Earth" debate, rather than the generic evolution debate.

Whatever. If you do not want to debate evolution, why put the word" Evolution" in your forum thread title?
Well, it appears you are the one shifting the debate. You brought up something that I don't agree with. I am a young Earth creationist, so (as it states in the name) I don't believe the Earth is older than a few thousand years old. I simply can't argue with you when I have to argue assuming the Earth is older than six-to-ten thousand years old.

What evidence do you believe would conclusively refute a young earth, NLC?
chucklehead
Posts: 44
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/20/2016 9:54:00 AM
Posted: 10 months ago
i hope God finds you well as you read this ?
Let me start by saying , I believe in theistic evolution (no need to change scripture no need to change science .imo , they are not exclusive .

rather than starting from a strictly science perspective , i'll start with the bible :
DAN. 1:4&1:17 -God gave them science
GENESIS 1 - kind (a grouping of similar items ) is not far from Clade (a taxonomic group of organisms classified together on the basis of homologous features traced to a common ancestor) in context .
each after its own kind , within the clade , & bloodline .
Genesis 30- here we see Jacob use sexual selection(applied evolutionary theory ) in order to promote traits he found favorable . God directed him to do so , in perspective , God gave Jacob an understanding of evolution .
image of GOD ? ape? of course not , that would be silly , yes ?
"God is a spirit "-Jesus
"flesh born of flesh .. spirit born of spirit " - paraphrased Jesus
see book of romans for the fight between flesh and spirit .
your spirit is in the image of God , your flesh is likely ape and there is nothing wrong with that , you are a unique species of ape given a "Living soul " in the image of God .

note : evolution occurs within bloodlines/lineages ..no monkeyfish , no lizardbear ...species do no jump branches .

speciation :the splitting of a lineage from the main population so far as to no longer allow cross breeding .

we can clearly see this in RING SPECIES .

you need not be an evolutionist , that requires a" belief" , evolution does not require you believe it , you can know it simply by observing it .

a connected theory : Abiogenesis (deep sea thermal vents ) proposes the creation/formation of life .
"let the waters bring forth abundantly the moving creature that hath life "

I will stop there for now before someone screams "Holy wall of text batman !"and rebukes me for being long winded ...LOL..
one love , God bless
Illegalcombatant
Posts: 4,008
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/20/2016 1:36:31 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/19/2016 11:08:57 PM, NewLifeChristian wrote:
I'm a hard-core creationist and am not going to become an evolutionist any time soon; however, I am always happy to debate evolution in the forums.

Once again, please do not send me any debate challenges. I will debate in the forums, but not debate in the debate section. Now that that's out of the way, let the debate begin! :)

If the request is...."Convince me to become an evolutionist #2"

Then the question, what would it for you to believe that evolution is true or at least more likely true than false.
"Seems like another attempt to insert God into areas our knowledge has yet to penetrate. You figure God would be bigger than the gaps of our ignorance." Drafterman 19/5/12
NewLifeChristian
Posts: 1,236
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/21/2016 9:22:43 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/20/2016 12:06:20 AM, bballcrook21 wrote:
At 1/19/2016 11:08:57 PM, NewLifeChristian wrote:
I'm a hard-core creationist and am not going to become an evolutionist any time soon; however, I am always happy to debate evolution in the forums.

Once again, please do not send me any debate challenges. I will debate in the forums, but not debate in the debate section. Now that that's out of the way, let the debate begin! :)

Convince me why one shouldn't believe in evolution.
Here are 44 reasons (outlined by Michael Snyder) why one shouldn't believe in evolution and why it's "just a fairy tale for adults": http://thetruthwins.com...
Pro-Life Quotes:

"I've noticed that everyone who is for abortion has already been born."
- Ronald Reagan

"The care of human life and happiness, and not their destruction, is the first and only object of good government."
- Thomas Jefferson

"A person is a person no matter how small."
- Dr. Seuss
janesix
Posts: 3,485
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/21/2016 10:15:17 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/19/2016 11:08:57 PM, NewLifeChristian wrote:
I'm a hard-core creationist and am not going to become an evolutionist any time soon; however, I am always happy to debate evolution in the forums.

Once again, please do not send me any debate challenges. I will debate in the forums, but not debate in the debate section. Now that that's out of the way, let the debate begin! :)

How about I convince you to educate yourself, so you can decide for yourself whether evolution is true?
tkubok
Posts: 5,044
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/22/2016 5:38:34 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/19/2016 11:08:57 PM, NewLifeChristian wrote:
I'm a hard-core creationist and am not going to become an evolutionist any time soon; however, I am always happy to debate evolution in the forums.

Once again, please do not send me any debate challenges. I will debate in the forums, but not debate in the debate section. Now that that's out of the way, let the debate begin! :)

The evidence. Everything from genetics to paleontology confirm that evolution is accurate.
tkubok
Posts: 5,044
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/22/2016 6:02:38 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/21/2016 9:22:43 PM, NewLifeChristian wrote:
At 1/20/2016 12:06:20 AM, bballcrook21 wrote:
At 1/19/2016 11:08:57 PM, NewLifeChristian wrote:
I'm a hard-core creationist and am not going to become an evolutionist any time soon; however, I am always happy to debate evolution in the forums.

Once again, please do not send me any debate challenges. I will debate in the forums, but not debate in the debate section. Now that that's out of the way, let the debate begin! :)

Convince me why one shouldn't believe in evolution.
Here are 44 reasons (outlined by Michael Snyder) why one shouldn't believe in evolution and why it's "just a fairy tale for adults": http://thetruthwins.com...

Ill tackle the first 10 just for fun.

1. Archeopteryx.

2. Archeopteryx. Infact, it was discovered 2 years after Darwin published the origin of species.

3. http://www.talkorigins.org...

Quote mined.

4. More quote mining. Gould is talking about gradualism vs punctuated equilibrium.

http://www.talkorigins.org...

5. Stephen Stanley is talking about the Bighorn basin. More quote mining.

http://www.talkorigins.org...

6. You mean like flightless birds? Or the laryngeal nerve in giraffes?

7. So where are the rabbits in the pre-cambrian? A rabbit is surely "Fully formed, complex" life form. Funny that the "Fully formed, complex life" that he mentions, never seem to be as complex as rabbits or sharks, but instead are simple like Trilobites.

8. More quote mining.

http://www.talkorigins.org...

9. More.

http://www.talkorigins.org...

10. First off, what is a "kind".

Secondly, you dont need to be there to know that a seed can grow into a 1000 year old tree. Scientists use something called "Deductive reasoning". Has anyone witnessed Pluto complete a full orbit? Of course not, we only found out about Pluto, 90 years ago, and it takes 280 years to complete a full orbit. And yet Scientists claim that Pluto has completed a full orbit in the past, and that it has existed for more than 80 years. According to the author of this website, scientists are simply using "Blind faith" to make this claim, too.

In conclusion, this website fails miserably at science.

Also, why would anyone think that quotations carry any weight in science?
Otokage
Posts: 2,360
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/22/2016 8:55:32 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/19/2016 11:52:47 PM, NewLifeChristian wrote:
At 1/19/2016 11:48:54 PM, janesix wrote:
At 1/19/2016 11:46:35 PM, NewLifeChristian wrote:
At 1/19/2016 11:33:05 PM, janesix wrote:
At 1/19/2016 11:08:57 PM, NewLifeChristian wrote:
I'm a hard-core creationist and am not going to become an evolutionist any time soon; however, I am always happy to debate evolution in the forums.

Once again, please do not send me any debate challenges. I will debate in the forums, but not debate in the debate section. Now that that's out of the way, let the debate begin! :)



You: It appears that isn't the case. Humans are significantly more intelligent than apes and other primates, for one.


Me: Yes, because we evolved a superior brain.

You: Secondly, there are 900,000,000 DNA letter differences separating humans from chimpanzees. (http://www.icr.org......)

Me: You need to prove that can't happen in 6 to 7 million years.
Well, I believe this is an entirely different argument we are getting into. Perhaps we should shift gears to the "age of the Earth" debate, rather than the generic evolution debate.

Whatever. If you do not want to debate evolution, why put the word" Evolution" in your forum thread title?
Well, it appears you are the one shifting the debate. You brought up something that I don't agree with. I am a young Earth creationist, so (as it states in the name) I don't believe the Earth is older than a few thousand years old. I simply can't argue with you when I have to argue assuming the Earth is older than six-to-ten thousand years old.

No disrespect, but young Earth creationists simply lack the knowledge to be educated in complex biological processes such as evolution. Their scientific preparation is insufficient at a fundamental level, and so it would be foolish to start a biology class trying to teach them what evolution is, much less how it works. You should start researching about general concepts as "how experimental sciences work?", before jumping towards specific disciplines such as biology or geology. Otherwise I feel you simply will lose your time, learn nothing, and even worse: further reinforce the trust you have in your own ignorance.
distraff
Posts: 1,005
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/22/2016 9:38:39 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/19/2016 11:08:57 PM, NewLifeChristian wrote:
I'm a hard-core creationist and am not going to become an evolutionist any time soon; however, I am always happy to debate evolution in the forums.

Once again, please do not send me any debate challenges. I will debate in the forums, but not debate in the debate section. Now that that's out of the way, let the debate begin! :)

Easy, these are large sequences in our DNA that come from retroviruses inserting their DNA into reproductive cells. We have found that humans and apes share these sequences in the exact same places and there are many specific examples of this. Not only that but the number of differences between humans and apes is far smaller than the number of retrovirus DNA in humans so most retroviruses in humans must be shared with apes.

So how likely is it that viruses would insert DNA in humans and apes in most of the exact same places? It is more likely that humans and apes inherited these retroviruses. Also, human DNA is like 9% retrovirus which means a lot of insertions happened over the generations. So life is not thousands of years old only.

Also in some places where humans and apes share the same retroviruses a few places are slightly different. This could be because mutations happened when humans split from apes. Now all the other apes also share some of these retrovirus locations as well with humans. The more unrelated the ape is to humans, the more different these sequences are from the human retrovirus sequence. In fact these differences form a hierarchical family tree that matches the general family tree of life.
http://www.evolutionarymodel.com...

Also as many creationists have pointed out many ERVs are functional and do good things for the body. This is an example of positive mutations.
http://evolutiondismantled.com...
distraff
Posts: 1,005
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/22/2016 11:44:17 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/21/2016 9:22:43 PM, NewLifeChristian wrote:
At 1/20/2016 12:06:20 AM, bballcrook21 wrote:
At 1/19/2016 11:08:57 PM, NewLifeChristian wrote:
I'm a hard-core creationist and am not going to become an evolutionist any time soon; however, I am always happy to debate evolution in the forums.

Once again, please do not send me any debate challenges. I will debate in the forums, but not debate in the debate section. Now that that's out of the way, let the debate begin! :)

Convince me why one shouldn't believe in evolution.
Here are 44 reasons (outlined by Michael Snyder) why one shouldn't believe in evolution and why it's "just a fairy tale for adults": http://thetruthwins.com...

1-5 Transitional fossils:
http://www.livescience.com...

We have transitional fossils for land animal, bird, mammal, horse, whale, and human evolution. We even have classified transitional species such as homo erectus, homo habilis, and A. Africanus.
v3nesl
Posts: 4,505
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2016 2:38:43 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/19/2016 11:33:05 PM, janesix wrote:
...

Me: You need to prove that can't happen in 6 to 7 million years.

How many years will it take to roll a 13 with a pair of standard dice? Will 6 million years do it, or will you need 7 million?

Real world, of course, in 7 million years the dice will be sand and you won't be able to roll anything with them. And "Real world" is the ruthless enemy of evolutionary dreams.
This space for rent.
v3nesl
Posts: 4,505
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2016 3:06:09 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/22/2016 11:44:17 PM, distraff wrote:
At 1/21/2016 9:22:43 PM, NewLifeChristian wrote:
At 1/20/2016 12:06:20 AM, bballcrook21 wrote:
At 1/19/2016 11:08:57 PM, NewLifeChristian wrote:
I'm a hard-core creationist and am not going to become an evolutionist any time soon; however, I am always happy to debate evolution in the forums.

Once again, please do not send me any debate challenges. I will debate in the forums, but not debate in the debate section. Now that that's out of the way, let the debate begin! :)

Convince me why one shouldn't believe in evolution.
Here are 44 reasons (outlined by Michael Snyder) why one shouldn't believe in evolution and why it's "just a fairy tale for adults": http://thetruthwins.com...

1-5 Transitional fossils:
http://www.livescience.com...

We have transitional fossils for land animal, bird, mammal, horse, whale, and human evolution. We even have classified transitional species such as homo erectus, homo habilis, and A. Africanus.

Calling a fossil "transitional", in the context of debating evolution, is the logic fallacy known as "begging the question". It's simply assuming your conclusion, in other words, and doing nothing to support your conclusion.

All the species are the same only different. That is the evidence for evolution, in a nutshell. So finding new fossils that are also the same only different, that merely extends the dataset, it doesn't help to decide which mechanism(s) are responsible for same only different.
This space for rent.