Jump to topic:

Regarding the new prediction of a ninth plane

Axonly
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/29/2016 4:36:49 AM
Posted: 10 months ago
The research team that made this prediction includes Mike Brown (The so called Pluto-Killer), so this makes me think that the group that made these predictions are reputable. So having said that, assuming that planet 9 is actually there, I would be curious to hear what everyone's predictions for what it would look like and its expected features/properties.

Obviously because it is expected to be the size of Neptune, it must be a ice giant. It was predicted to have originally formed in the same region as the other gas/ice giants, so I predict that its composition would be similar to that of the other ice giants, but due to orbiting in the Kuiper belt, could have a higher concentration of hydrocarbons and ammonia. Methane absorbs red light, which obviously gives us blue, ammonia on Jupiter is one of the reasons it is orange, so based on this I also hesitantly predict that it will be some shade of brown. All the other gas/ice giants have rings so I also predict that the theoretical planet 9 will have one as well.
http://www.sciencemag.org...
Meh!
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/29/2016 7:44:32 PM
Ancient astronaut theorists have been telling everybody that this planet (referred to as Planet X) has been there for the last 50 years. It's about time the scientific community started taking ancient astronaut theory seriously. This planet X is one we crashed into before and it seeded life on Earth. It also has a habit of coming close enough every ten thousand years so aliens can visit us and help our civilization along.
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/29/2016 7:49:12 PM
At 1/29/2016 5:40:33 AM, RainbowDash52 wrote:
Planet Nibiru confirmed

Dam right, whose laughing now skeptics?!!!!!
DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/30/2016 2:39:33 AM
At 1/29/2016 7:49:12 PM, Wylted wrote:
Planet Nibiru confirmed

The skeptics are still laughing. There is nothing remotely the same of either one, totally different than the alleged Nibiru.
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
Vox_Veritas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/30/2016 3:02:14 PM
...No. If a planet in OUR OWN EFFING SOLAR SYSTEM hasn't been spotted in over a hundred years of modern astronomy and thousands of years of primitive astronomy, then it probably doesn't exist.
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/30/2016 4:37:17 PM
At 1/30/2016 2:39:33 AM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
Planet Nibiru confirmed

The skeptics are still laughing. There is nothing remotely the same of either one, totally different than the alleged Nibiru.

The skeptics were saying a 9th planet didn't exist when ancient astronaut theorists have stated it does for the last 50 years.
Ramshutu
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/30/2016 5:16:48 PM
At 1/30/2016 4:37:17 PM, Wylted wrote:
Planet Nibiru confirmed

The skeptics were saying a 9th planet didn't exist when ancient astronaut theorists have stated it does for the last 50 years.

I'm pretty sure no Skeptic said that a 9th planet didn't exist, just that a 9th planet with all the crazy bs associated with it by ancient astronaut "theorists" didn't.

That's still every bit as true today as it was 50 years ago.
DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/30/2016 8:49:02 PM
Planet Nibiru confirmed

Please refer to Ram's completely relevant, concise and astute response that you yourself should have figured out.

Skeptics will NEVER say there are no more planets in our solar system, that is the 'Black Swan' farce committed some time ago, in which skeptics learned a valuable lesson in making such claims.
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/30/2016 8:54:11 PM
At 1/30/2016 8:49:02 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
Planet Nibiru confirmed

Please refer to Ram's completely relevant, concise and astute response that you yourself should have figured out.

Skeptics will NEVER say there are no more planets in our solar system, that is the 'Black Swan' farce committed some time ago, in which skeptics learned a valuable lesson in making such claims.

Everytime I've ever brought up Nibiru, skeptics have laughed at me
Ramshutu
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/30/2016 9:00:33 PM
At 1/30/2016 8:54:11 PM, Wylted wrote:
Planet Nibiru confirmed

And they still do. Rightly so. Because it still doesn't exist, because Nibiru isn't defined as a ninth planet; which was what was discovered, it's defined with a whole lot of other nonsense.

No one was or is laughing at the planet part of the Nibiru claim; just everything else related to it.
DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/30/2016 9:03:28 PM
Planet Nibiru confirmed

And, why shouldn't they laugh? It's friggin' hilarious.

"The idea was first put forward in 1995 by Nancy Lieder,[4][5] founder of the website ZetaTalk. Lieder describes herself as a contactee with the ability to receive messages from extraterrestrials from the Zeta Reticuli star system through an implant in her brain. She states that she was chosen to warn mankind that the object would sweep through the inner Solar System in May 2003 (though that date was later postponed) causing Earth to undergo a physical pole shift that would destroy most of humanity.[6] The prediction has subsequently spread beyond Lieder's website and has been embraced by numerous Internet doomsday groups"

https://en.wikipedia.org...
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/30/2016 9:06:57 PM
At 1/30/2016 9:03:28 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
Planet Nibiru confirmed

"The idea was first put forward in 1995 by Nancy Lieder,[4][5] founder of the website ZetaTalk. Lieder describes herself as a contactee with the ability to receive messages from extraterrestrials from the Zeta Reticuli star system through an implant in her brain. She states that she was chosen to warn mankind that the object would sweep through the inner Solar System in May 2003 (though that date was later postponed) causing Earth to undergo a physical pole shift that would destroy most of humanity.[6] The prediction has subsequently spread beyond Lieder's website and has been embraced by numerous Internet doomsday groups"

My referance to Nibiru comes from the work of Zecharia Sitchen.
TheJewelOfJool
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/30/2016 10:47:33 PM
At 1/29/2016 7:44:32 PM, Wylted wrote:
Ancient astronaut theorists have been telling everybody that this planet (referred to as Planet X) has been there for the last 50 years. It's about time the scientific community started taking ancient astronaut theory seriously. This planet X is one we crashed into before and it seeded life on Earth. It also has a habit of coming close enough every ten thousand years so aliens can visit us and help our civilization along.
Let me get you mental help, Okay?
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/30/2016 10:50:21 PM
At 1/30/2016 10:47:33 PM, TheJewelOfJool wrote:
At 1/29/2016 7:44:32 PM, Wylted wrote:
Let me get you mental help, Okay?

That usually bcomes with drugs so okay
DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/30/2016 11:16:13 PM
At 1/30/2016 9:06:57 PM, Wylted wrote:
At 1/30/2016 9:03:28 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
Planet Nibiru confirmed

My referance to Nibiru comes from the work of Zecharia Sitchen.

It's difficult to say which one is more of a loon, Sitchen or Lieder. Both made a few bucks from the gullibility of others, of course. Sometimes, being a loon can make you rich.