Jump to topic:

Simple Mathematics & God

TREssspa
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2016 7:05:40 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
The widely accepted theory to disprove God is the theory of evolution.

You need something to begin with. Nothing cannot evolve into something. So, where lies the origin of that something? How it all started? I can hear evolutionists saying, ' The Big Bang! '.

Coming to my question now, Let us take all the ingredients required to make a burger in one packet. All ingredients are there in the packet veggies, oils, grains etc. If we burst the packet with high heat explosion, Is There ANY probability for it to turn out in a burger.

Before you answer let me remind you a more appropiate anology would be to take seeds of oil plants, grain plants and vegetable plants in that packet.(and seed as the DNA, but big bang says all of it happened with matter and energy to make DNA by chance)

Can you imagine the same thing with other foods, like a curry that is cooked using moderate heat for hours, requiring different cooking time for different things.

Those who 'believe in' big bang theory say that there could be a blind watchmaker. But is Not the watchmaker a human, one with brain and Conciousness. It could be said that once in an infinite time it 'somehow' happened. But taking an organic approach we know TIME DOES MAKE DNA FORMATION IMPOSSIBLE, it takes different time for making of different things more or less would Not do it. But Big Bang can Not explain how various things got various times to form (leave alone the fact that law of thermodynamics Does not allow things to be assembed perfectly in order.

We today, know that genetically modified foods do Not match the quality of food that exists naturally. Even today we are discovering new things about small creatures say bees that prove our previous assumptions wrong. In such a case, is Not a simple 'theory' explaining various life forms with one single formula, that mutations occur (and how? Even If we believe theory of evolution, what DERIVES mutation, some form of self intelligence? ) by a man Darwin who had no idea about DNA.

What is the probability that one day, we can make concious robots, who genuinely feel pain and Not just pretend to cry and who enjoy jokes as much as we do. Is Not every single human invention a compliment to our own abilities?

Is Not Conciousness The Proof That God Exists?

Can a robot ever compete with music artists and make something he is Not programmed to do?

Despite so many robotic advancements, why is a hand built item most valuable?

CAN A ROBOT EVER REPRODUCE?

A robot can be smart, can he ever be wise? A simple computer programme can be edited for decades, yet it is not free from errors, it is Not perfect.

Please Do Not provide any links. You are free to quote anyone and copy paste.

Atheists and theists can share their point of view.

My main question is : ISN'T IT TRUE THAT BIG BANG CAN NOT EXPLAIN THE REALITY OF TIME, THAT IS, IT TAKES TIME FOR THINGS TO HAPPEN?
Dirty.Harry
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2016 4:47:15 PM
At 2/14/2016 7:05:40 AM, TREssspa wrote:

You need something to begin with. Nothing cannot evolve into something. So, where lies the origin of that something? How it all started? I can hear evolutionists saying, ' The Big Bang! '.

Coming to my question now, Let us take all the ingredients required to make a burger in one packet. All ingredients are there in the packet veggies, oils, grains etc. If we burst the packet with high heat explosion, Is There ANY probability for it to turn out in a burger.

Before you answer let me remind you a more appropiate anology would be to take seeds of oil plants, grain plants and vegetable plants in that packet.(and seed as the DNA, but big bang says all of it happened with matter and energy to make DNA by chance)

Can you imagine the same thing with other foods, like a curry that is cooked using moderate heat for hours, requiring different cooking time for different things.

Those who 'believe in' big bang theory say that there could be a blind watchmaker. But is Not the watchmaker a human, one with brain and Conciousness. It could be said that once in an infinite time it 'somehow' happened. But taking an organic approach we know TIME DOES MAKE DNA FORMATION IMPOSSIBLE, it takes different time for making of different things more or less would Not do it. But Big Bang can Not explain how various things got various times to form (leave alone the fact that law of thermodynamics Does not allow things to be assembed perfectly in order.

We today, know that genetically modified foods do Not match the quality of food that exists naturally. Even today we are discovering new things about small creatures say bees that prove our previous assumptions wrong. In such a case, is Not a simple 'theory' explaining various life forms with one single formula, that mutations occur (and how? Even If we believe theory of evolution, what DERIVES mutation, some form of self intelligence? ) by a man Darwin who had no idea about DNA.

What is the probability that one day, we can make concious robots, who genuinely feel pain and Not just pretend to cry and who enjoy jokes as much as we do. Is Not every single human invention a compliment to our own abilities?

Can a robot ever compete with music artists and make something he is Not programmed to do?

A robot can be smart, can he ever be wise? A simple computer programme can be edited for decades, yet it is not free from errors, it is Not perfect.

My main question is : ISN'T IT TRUE THAT BIG BANG CAN NOT EXPLAIN THE REALITY OF TIME, THAT IS, IT TAKES TIME FOR THINGS TO HAPPEN?

What's undoubtedly true is that the huge universe exists and it is stunningly huge. How it came to exist is mysterious and I see no way that it's presence can be explained scientifically because a scientific explanation always presuppose the existence of matter/energy.

So no matter how much we discover about the workings of the universe the origin of the universe itself is beyond the capabilities of science and this for me justifies the claim that a non-material intelligence of immense power acted in the remote past.

What's noteworthy is the Hebrew and Greek scriptures contain several assertions that say just this...

Harry.
TREssspa
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/15/2016 7:29:26 AM
At 2/14/2016 4:47:15 PM, Dirty.Harry wrote:

What's undoubtedly true is that the huge universe exists and it is stunningly huge. How it came to exist is mysterious and I see no way that it's presence can be explained scientifically because a scientific explanation always presuppose the existence of matter/energy.

So no matter how much we discover about the workings of the universe the origin of the universe itself is beyond the capabilities of science and this for me justifies the claim that a non-material intelligence of immense power acted in the remote past.

What's noteworthy is the Hebrew and Greek scriptures contain several assertions that say just this...

Harry.

?
Leugen9001
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/16/2016 4:09:50 AM
At 2/15/2016 7:29:26 AM, TREssspa wrote:

Harry.

?

Dirty.Harry is saying that what you said was right.
:) nac
RuvDraba
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/16/2016 4:39:26 AM
Nothing cannot evolve into something.
Please explain how you can with confidence detect nothing.

If you cannot detect it how can you observe it?

If you cannot observe it, how can you know with any confidence what it might or might not do?
TREssspa
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/16/2016 8:15:30 AM
At 2/16/2016 4:39:26 AM, RuvDraba wrote:

I don't.

I don't.
If you cannot observe it, how can you know with any confidence what it might or might not do?
I don't

Is there origin of everything according to science?
Morann
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/16/2016 9:23:33 AM
no matter how much we discover about the workings of the universe the origin of the universe itself is beyond the capabilities of science
Can help you to write any kind of assignment
http://essaywritingon.com...
TREssspa
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/16/2016 12:03:22 PM
At 2/16/2016 9:23:33 AM, Morann wrote:
no matter how much we discover about the workings of the universe the origin of the universe itself is beyond the capabilities of science

There is sweet' little name for 'origin of universe'.

God.

That's why you will NOT find any evidence or explanation of God in a test tube of used in chemistry lab or space shuttle used by Nasa.

That's why God is kept outside the science forum.

Let me give you a gem -

'Everything you know follows cause-effect relationship. But one doesn't. '
DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/16/2016 3:30:50 PM

What's undoubtedly true is that the huge universe exists and it is stunningly huge. How it came to exist is mysterious and I see no way that it's presence can be explained scientifically

Argument from incredulity and ignorance.

because a scientific explanation always presuppose the existence of matter/energy.

It does? Since when?

In other words, you don't understand science so you'll believe in God, instead.

Harry.
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/16/2016 4:30:32 PM

This is not true. Evolution is not a theory to "disprove god" in any way. Your faith in a god may be shaken by evolution, but that is a you problem, not an evolution problem.

And right on to the watchmaker. Just because you can't understand it working does not mean the actual evidence points to it working just as described in evolution.
TREssspa
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/16/2016 6:05:11 PM
At 2/16/2016 4:30:32 PM, TBR wrote:

This is not true. Evolution is not a theory to "disprove god" in any way. Your faith in a god may be shaken by evolution, but that is a you problem, not an evolution problem.

And right on to the watchmaker. Just because you can't understand it working does not mean the actual evidence points to it working just as described in evolution.

I want to understand its working. This is because always give a chance to the alternative opinion. How can I educate myself? Care to help?
Floid
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/16/2016 6:11:28 PM

It would be noteworthy if either the Judeo-Christian scriptures were the only religion that contained creation stories or their creation stories contain scientific insight unavailable to people at the time.

But when you look at the facts, every religion includes some sort of creation story and none of them include any insight unavailable to people at the time. In fact, many show a blatant disregard to insights that were known (or at least proposed) at the time.
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/16/2016 6:25:03 PM
At 2/16/2016 6:05:11 PM, TREssspa wrote:

I want to understand its working. This is because always give a chance to the alternative opinion. How can I educate myself? Care to help?

If you really do, then start by understanding that you are conflating four (somewhat overlapping at times) different areas of science;

* - Cosmology = Study of the development of the universe
* - Physics = Matter and energy
* - Abiogenesis = Origin of live
* - Evolution = Diversification of life through natural selection

Also please understand the the flip side of religion is not science. Science has no interest or care about religion. Attempting to ascribe motives like "disproving god" the the discipline of science makes absolutely no sense.
DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/16/2016 6:39:43 PM

The very first thing you should probably do is stop reading all that garbage on the Captains blog.
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
Ramshutu
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/16/2016 6:47:07 PM

Science doesn't disprove God, nor is it attempting to disprove God.

The only way science disproves God, is if you are asserting that there is no possible way that God could possibly have created life, the universe and everything in the way science suggests.

The Evo-Creation debate is framed as an Atheism vs God debate primarily by the religious for faulty reasoning.

In actuality, the Cre/Evo debate is effectively an argument between what reality seems to indicate, and what a work of human literature, or the teachings of humans, based on religions created both thousands of years ago seems to indicate when assumed to be without flaw or error.

God can still exist if the Bible or any piece of human literature isn't accurate; and God certainly exist if everything science has established is true.
TREssspa
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/17/2016 5:45:47 AM
At 2/16/2016 6:39:43 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:

The very first thing you should probably do is stop reading all that garbage on the Captains blog.

You mean I should stop reading the alternative opinion itself.
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/17/2016 2:50:09 PM
At 2/17/2016 5:45:47 AM, TREssspa wrote:

Reading alternatives is fine. Reading opinion that is presented as science is not the same.

Basicly, if you want to care about the science, stick with the actual science. If you want to read fantasy, well then, sky's the limit.

Let me ask directly. Have you ever had any exposure to science? Do you understand the scientific method in any real way? Its not terribly hard to get, but once you start to understand you can junk a lot of the outlandish quickly

https://en.wikipedia.org...

Basically, the better you understand, the better the bu11sh1t detector gets.
v3nesl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/17/2016 3:15:57 PM

And by the same token, if you cannot observe and test it, then it cannot be part of science. So a cosmos coming from nothing is outside the realm of science.
This space for rent.
v3nesl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/17/2016 3:24:44 PM

I'm not sure why some creationists have an issue with the big bang. If you're a young earth creationist, I see the problem, but otherwise, why is this contentious? We look through our telescopes and we see that everything is expanding, like the inside of an explosion. Why not? Why might God not have done it this way? I don't get how this is a problem for theists.

And I know somebody is going to say "So why can't you believe God made life through evolution?". And the reason is because evolution is just junk science, just technical nonsense. But big bang, of some sort, I don't see the problem. It's not the whole story, maybe that's part of the objection? But if it's how God stretched the canvas on the frame before he started painting - why not?
This space for rent.
Floid
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/17/2016 6:07:42 PM
At 2/17/2016 3:24:44 PM, v3nesl wrote:

I'm not sure why some creationists have an issue with the big bang. If you're a young earth creationist, I see the problem, but otherwise, why is this contentious? We look through our telescopes and we see that everything is expanding, like the inside of an explosion. Why not? Why might God not have done it this way? I don't get how this is a problem for theists.

And I know somebody is going to say "So why can't you believe God made life through evolution?". And the reason is because evolution is just junk science, just technical nonsense. But big bang, of some sort, I don't see the problem. It's not the whole story, maybe that's part of the objection? But if it's how God stretched the canvas on the frame before he started painting - why not?

It goes back to the old idiom: "One man's junk science is the scientific community and rational world's accepted theory."

To answer your basic question: Why not accept the big bang? Because when you randomly cherry pick things based on irrational ideas, arbitrary standards for evidence depending on what you wish to be true, and without regard to unbiased exploration then you can believe anything you want. So you get people who think the Earth is 6,000 years old and all life was created in 6 literal days, who think 6 days is figurative, who think the universe is old but life was created much more recently, who think God caused evolution, etc.
RuvDraba
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/17/2016 6:20:38 PM
At 2/17/2016 3:15:57 PM, v3nesl wrote:

And by the same token, if you cannot observe and test it, then it cannot be part of science. So a cosmos coming from nothing is outside the realm of science.

Precisely, V, hence the careful language used in the BBT. Cosmologists say 'early' and 'in the first seconds', not 'at the beginning' -- because 'beginning' doesn't itself have an empirical definition, even though we use that language all the time in other contexts.
v3nesl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/17/2016 7:49:32 PM
At 2/17/2016 6:07:42 PM, Floid wrote:
... Because when you randomly cherry pick things based on irrational ideas, arbitrary standards for evidence depending on what you wish to be true, and without regard to unbiased exploration then you can believe anything you want. ...

What a riot, guys like you, think you're so superior. You really think you're a paragon of unbiased reason, do you?

The truth is, I think, that evolution is as much an argument from authority for you as creationism is for any Bible thumper. You accept evolution because NASA got to the moon, so that proves scientists are smart, and the scientists say evolution is true.

Which is not unreasonable. But it's an argument from authority, not a matter of understanding how things work.
This space for rent.
Floid
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/18/2016 2:41:09 AM
At 2/17/2016 7:49:32 PM, v3nesl wrote:
The truth is, I think, that evolution is

Unfortunately the more you comment on things the more apparent it becomes you aren't that good at thinking.

You accept evolution because NASA got to the moon, so that proves scientists are smart, and the scientists say evolution is true.

In an attempt to bring the argument into a realm of discourse it appears you feel more comfortable:

No I accept evolution because grass is green, violets are blue, therefore evolution must be true. Since that statement rhymes it must mean evolution is true. That is called an argument from rhyming. Did I mention I work on satellites?
Ramshutu
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/18/2016 5:20:26 AM
At 2/17/2016 7:49:32 PM, v3nesl wrote:
At 2/17/2016 6:07:42 PM, Floid wrote:
... Because when you randomly cherry pick things based on irrational ideas, arbitrary standards for evidence depending on what you wish to be true, and without regard to unbiased exploration then you can believe anything you want. ...

What a riot, guys like you, think you're so superior. You really think you're a paragon of unbiased reason, do you?

The truth is, I think, that evolution is as much an argument from authority for you as creationism is for any Bible thumper. You accept evolution because NASA got to the moon, so that proves scientists are smart, and the scientists say evolution is true.

Which is not unreasonable. But it's an argument from authority, not a matter of understanding how things work.

Actually, I except evolution because it is unanimously indicated by all the available evidence; and for it to be wrong the number of coincidental, unsupported, disjoint, unrelated, undemonstrable and speculative processes or explanations that have to be asserted without justification are so staggeringly large that anyone with a brain can tell it's a ludicrous proposition.

This is why Creationists, such as yourself, either ignore the fact that they all have to be true; or just as often massively misrepresent what the evidence is, or how significant or detailed those processes or explanations would need to be in order to wave it away as no problem.
Discipulus_Didicit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/18/2016 12:42:51 PM

This is all I read. This sentence is stupid enough to make the rest of your post invalid no matter how good your post is, because in fact the only people who believe that evolution would disprove god if true are creasionists. There are many scientists with belief in god.
Cobalt - You could be scum too.
Matt - I suppose. But I also might not be.

Kiri - Yeah, I don't know what DD is doing.
Vaarka - He's doin'a thingy do

DD - The best advice most often goes unheeded.
Wise Man - KYS, DD.
DD - Case in point ^
TREssspa
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/18/2016 1:21:54 PM
At 2/17/2016 2:50:09 PM, TBR wrote:

Reading alternatives is fine. Reading opinion that is presented as science is not the same.

Basicly, if you want to care about the science, stick with the actual science. If you want to read fantasy, well then, sky's the limit.

Let me ask directly. Have you ever had any exposure to science? Do you understand the scientific method in any real way? Its not terribly hard to get, but once you start to understand you can junk a lot of the outlandish quickly

I have seen wikipedia changing, deleting, rewriting and even introducing new concepts related to history, mythalogy, biology... after capt put it in his blog.

Thank you very much for your help.
TREssspa
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/18/2016 1:25:15 PM

I have seen wikipedia changing, deleting, rewriting and even introducing new concepts related to history, mythalogy, biology... after capt put it in his blog.

Thank you very much for your help..
v3nesl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/18/2016 2:16:52 PM
At 2/18/2016 5:07:29 AM, keithprosser wrote:
Did I mention I work on satellites?

Tough gig. Couldn't you get a job on earth?

Western Union used to have a tongue-in-cheek job posting for satellite technician. It included such requirements as "Must be able to hold water for long periods of time" "Able to work without close supervision"
This space for rent.
Ramshutu
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/18/2016 2:37:42 PM
At 2/18/2016 1:25:15 PM, TREssspa wrote:

Thank you very much for your help..

No you haven't.