This guy's an online crackpot,
unswayed by evidence
Thinks that it's faked by someone
But he doesn't know whence

This guy's an online crackpot
Thinks he's like Einstein
He can rationalize away
All evidence you could find

Crackpots, people who post uninformed rants about their pet theories that are not supported by evidence, seem to be everywhere on the internet. In many cases, their pet theories are related to science or medicine. And despite all of the scientific evidence against their pet theories, they seem to hold on to them like how a man falling down a cliff holds on to a protruding rock, rationalizing away any evidence against them as "hoaxes" perpetrated by "them", usually big corporations or a hivemind of everybody from a certain ethnicity. My question is why they would do that, especially if they are crackpots promoting theories that would not benefit themselves financially; I'd understand why a person might support a pseudoscientific medicine claim if he is trying to sell medicine based on said claim, but I cannot understand why someone would, say, make up a pseudoscientific theory for why the Sun shines and hold on to it so vehemently that they essentially close their eyes and go "bla bla bla" when facing any evidence to the contrary.
:) nac
themohawkninja
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2016 2:31:45 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/22/2016 1:16:25 AM, Leugen9001 wrote:
My question is why they would do that, especially if they are crackpots promoting theories that would not benefit themselves financially; I'd understand why a person might support a pseudoscientific medicine claim if he is trying to sell medicine based on said claim, but I cannot understand why someone would, say, make up a pseudoscientific theory for why the Sun shines and hold on to it so vehemently that they essentially close their eyes and go "bla bla bla" when facing any evidence to the contrary.

A few reasons. The craziest ones will rant about a global conspiracy within science itself, that the government is doing X, Y, and Z, but they know the TRUTH, and they will EXPOSE THE LIIIIIIIIIIES.

The more sane ones simply misunderstood something in science, made up a theory that makes more sense than their strawmanned view of science, and then claims that the mainsteam scientific view on something is wrong, because reasons.
"Morals are simply a limit to man's potential."~Myself

Political correctness is like saying you can't have a steak, because a baby can't eat one ~Unknown
Axonly
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2016 7:44:41 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/22/2016 1:16:25 AM, Leugen9001 wrote:
Vocal yet uninformed
Has a fear of alien probing
And GMO corn.

racist in every way
his Bible is the Mien Kampf,
reads it every day.

This guy's an online crackpot,
unswayed by evidence
Thinks that it's faked by someone
But he doesn't know whence

Thinks he's like Einstein
He can rationalize away
All evidence you could find

Crackpots, people who post uninformed rants about their pet theories that are not supported by evidence, seem to be everywhere on the internet. In many cases, their pet theories are related to science or medicine. And despite all of the scientific evidence against their pet theories, they seem to hold on to them like how a man falling down a cliff holds on to a protruding rock, rationalizing away any evidence against them as "hoaxes" perpetrated by "them", usually big corporations or a hivemind of everybody from a certain ethnicity. My question is why they would do that, especially if they are crackpots promoting theories that would not benefit themselves financially; I'd understand why a person might support a pseudoscientific medicine claim if he is trying to sell medicine based on said claim, but I cannot understand why someone would, say, make up a pseudoscientific theory for why the Sun shines and hold on to it so vehemently that they essentially close their eyes and go "bla bla bla" when facing any evidence to the contrary.

Anti Vaxxers are pretty hilarious. Because apparently doctors know vaccines are harmful, yet they vaccinate themselves and their kids anyway.
Meh!