Total Posts:89|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Proof of Creationism

vardas0antras
Posts: 983
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/9/2010 2:16:27 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
Is there any evidence for creationism which at the same time discredits evolution?
"When he awoke in a tomb three days later he would actually have believed that he rose from the dead" FREEDO about the resurrection of Jesus Christ
Mirza
Posts: 16,992
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/9/2010 2:17:14 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 11/9/2010 2:16:27 PM, vardas0antras wrote:
Is there any evidence for creationism which at the same time discredits evolution?
Creationism does not have to contradict evolution as a whole concept.
vardas0antras
Posts: 983
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/9/2010 3:19:41 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 11/9/2010 2:17:14 PM, Mirza wrote:
At 11/9/2010 2:16:27 PM, vardas0antras wrote:
Is there any evidence for creationism which at the same time discredits evolution?
Creationism does not have to contradict evolution as a whole concept.

Mirza !!!!
I am well aware of that but I accepted a debate where I'm supposed to do this.

*sigh* I should have thought before acting
"When he awoke in a tomb three days later he would actually have believed that he rose from the dead" FREEDO about the resurrection of Jesus Christ
Kleptin
Posts: 5,095
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/9/2010 7:39:36 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 11/9/2010 2:16:27 PM, vardas0antras wrote:
Is there any evidence for creationism which at the same time discredits evolution?

Not only is there no evidence for creationism, but the notion of creationism isn't viable enough intellectually for someone to be justified in trying to find evidence for it.
: At 5/2/2010 2:43:54 PM, innomen wrote:
It isn't about finding a theory, philosophy or doctrine and thinking it's the answer, but a practical application of one's experiences that is the answer.

: At 10/28/2010 2:40:07 PM, jharry wrote: I have already been given the greatest Gift that anyone could ever hope for [Life], I would consider myself selfish if I expected anything more.
J.Kenyon
Posts: 4,194
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/9/2010 7:42:51 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 11/9/2010 7:39:36 PM, Kleptin wrote:
At 11/9/2010 2:16:27 PM, vardas0antras wrote:
Is there any evidence for creationism which at the same time discredits evolution?

Not only is there no evidence for creationism, but the notion of creationism isn't viable enough intellectually for someone to be justified in trying to find evidence for it.

Yeah, I totally agree...wait, what? http://www.debate.org...
Kleptin
Posts: 5,095
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/9/2010 7:51:26 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 11/9/2010 7:42:51 PM, J.Kenyon wrote:
Yeah, I totally agree...wait, what? http://www.debate.org...

See comments, fourth one from the top..
: At 5/2/2010 2:43:54 PM, innomen wrote:
It isn't about finding a theory, philosophy or doctrine and thinking it's the answer, but a practical application of one's experiences that is the answer.

: At 10/28/2010 2:40:07 PM, jharry wrote: I have already been given the greatest Gift that anyone could ever hope for [Life], I would consider myself selfish if I expected anything more.
Kleptin
Posts: 5,095
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/9/2010 7:54:45 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 11/9/2010 7:51:57 PM, popculturepooka wrote:
Do you mean creationism as in YEC?

No, that would be a coward's statement. I mean Creationism in general. Or as a matter of fact, any ideology that proposes that an intelligence planned and is somehow responsible for this universe. All arguments that have ever been made for Creationism are circular in nature. 8 years, I have yet to see one that was deserving of discussion.
: At 5/2/2010 2:43:54 PM, innomen wrote:
It isn't about finding a theory, philosophy or doctrine and thinking it's the answer, but a practical application of one's experiences that is the answer.

: At 10/28/2010 2:40:07 PM, jharry wrote: I have already been given the greatest Gift that anyone could ever hope for [Life], I would consider myself selfish if I expected anything more.
J.Kenyon
Posts: 4,194
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/9/2010 7:57:24 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 11/9/2010 7:51:26 PM, Kleptin wrote:
At 11/9/2010 7:42:51 PM, J.Kenyon wrote:
Yeah, I totally agree...wait, what? http://www.debate.org...

See comments, fourth one from the top..

Uh-huh. I hate it when people say or do something ridiculous in total earnest and then claim afterward "ha! fooled you. I was only joking." ;) http://paradoxdgn.com...
Sniperjake1994
Posts: 73
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/9/2010 8:11:46 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
yeah:
1) creating earth
2) women have one more rib bone than males
3) if you gave a monkey a type writer n tell it to type: "and God created the Earth" It wouldn't be able to type it. Not even 1 billion times.
4) we all say God's name: ye waah. Even when you are breathing. So we are created in God's image.
Kleptin
Posts: 5,095
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/9/2010 8:21:30 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 11/9/2010 7:57:24 PM, J.Kenyon wrote:
Uh-huh. I hate it when people say or do something ridiculous in total earnest and then claim afterward "ha! fooled you. I was only joking." ;) http://paradoxdgn.com...

You think I meant it as a joke? I tried my very best during that debate, and I failed, and I was honest about that failure. Or did you think I was being dishonest about "pretending to be a creationist"?

Times I have argued against Creationists:

http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

Times I argued for Creationism:
http://www.debate.org...

http://www.debate.org...
: At 5/2/2010 2:43:54 PM, innomen wrote:
It isn't about finding a theory, philosophy or doctrine and thinking it's the answer, but a practical application of one's experiences that is the answer.

: At 10/28/2010 2:40:07 PM, jharry wrote: I have already been given the greatest Gift that anyone could ever hope for [Life], I would consider myself selfish if I expected anything more.
J.Kenyon
Posts: 4,194
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/9/2010 8:28:20 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 11/9/2010 8:21:30 PM, Kleptin wrote:
At 11/9/2010 7:57:24 PM, J.Kenyon wrote:
Uh-huh. I hate it when people say or do something ridiculous in total earnest and then claim afterward "ha! fooled you. I was only joking." ;) http://paradoxdgn.com...

You think I meant it as a joke? I tried my very best during that debate, and I failed, and I was honest about that failure. Or did you think I was being dishonest about "pretending to be a creationist"?

Kleptin, I know you're not really a creationist, and I know you really tried to win that debate. I was making fun of your past comments about trolls. Hence the trollface at the end of my post. It was ironic :P
vardas0antras
Posts: 983
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/10/2010 6:49:01 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 11/9/2010 7:51:57 PM, popculturepooka wrote:
Do you mean creationism as in YEC?

I meant any proof which goes against evolution but no need to worry now, I managed to completely change what the whole debate is about :) Normally I wouldn't ever accept anything like this but this time I simply wasn't thinking
"When he awoke in a tomb three days later he would actually have believed that he rose from the dead" FREEDO about the resurrection of Jesus Christ
vardas0antras
Posts: 983
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/10/2010 6:54:20 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 11/9/2010 7:39:36 PM, Kleptin wrote:
At 11/9/2010 2:16:27 PM, vardas0antras wrote:
Is there any evidence for creationism which at the same time discredits evolution?

Not only is there no evidence for creationism, but the notion of creationism isn't viable enough intellectually for someone to be justified in trying to find evidence for it.

No evidence for creationism:

)
"When he awoke in a tomb three days later he would actually have believed that he rose from the dead" FREEDO about the resurrection of Jesus Christ
brian_eggleston
Posts: 3,347
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/10/2010 10:45:31 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 11/9/2010 7:42:51 PM, J.Kenyon wrote:
At 11/9/2010 7:39:36 PM, Kleptin wrote:
At 11/9/2010 2:16:27 PM, vardas0antras wrote:
Is there any evidence for creationism which at the same time discredits evolution?

Not only is there no evidence for creationism, but the notion of creationism isn't viable enough intellectually for someone to be justified in trying to find evidence for it.

Yeah, I totally agree...wait, what? http://www.debate.org...

LOL!
Visit the burglars' bulletin board: http://www.break-in-news.com...
Korashk
Posts: 4,597
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/10/2010 10:57:40 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 11/10/2010 6:54:20 AM, vardas0antras wrote:


I completely forgot that scene was a homage to Pulp Fiction.
When large numbers of otherwise-law abiding people break specific laws en masse, it's usually a fault that lies with the law. - Unknown
FREEDO
Posts: 21,057
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/10/2010 11:11:07 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 11/9/2010 8:11:46 PM, Sniperjake1994 wrote:
yeah:
1) creating earth
2) women have one more rib bone than males
3) if you gave a monkey a type writer n tell it to type: "and God created the Earth" It wouldn't be able to type it. Not even 1 billion times.
4) we all say God's name: ye waah. Even when you are breathing. So we are created in God's image.

LOL, it's funny cause this is actually what I was taught.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
Kleptin
Posts: 5,095
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/10/2010 5:56:20 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 11/10/2010 11:11:07 AM, FREEDO wrote:
4) we all say God's name: ye waah. Even when you are breathing. So we are created in God's image.

So which deity is "Haa-Chu"? I say his name quite frequently during allergy season.
: At 5/2/2010 2:43:54 PM, innomen wrote:
It isn't about finding a theory, philosophy or doctrine and thinking it's the answer, but a practical application of one's experiences that is the answer.

: At 10/28/2010 2:40:07 PM, jharry wrote: I have already been given the greatest Gift that anyone could ever hope for [Life], I would consider myself selfish if I expected anything more.
MikeLoviN
Posts: 746
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/10/2010 9:42:41 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 11/10/2010 11:11:07 AM, FREEDO wrote:
At 11/9/2010 8:11:46 PM, Sniperjake1994 wrote:
yeah:
1) creating earth
2) women have one more rib bone than males
3) if you gave a monkey a type writer n tell it to type: "and God created the Earth" It wouldn't be able to type it. Not even 1 billion times.
4) we all say God's name: ye waah. Even when you are breathing. So we are created in God's image.

LOL, it's funny cause this is actually what I was taught.

That's not funny, that's just sad.

Ok, it is kind of funny. You silly Americans. I hope that at least it was a religion class and that they weren't trying to pass it off as science.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Posts: 10,806
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2010 2:47:44 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 11/9/2010 7:54:45 PM, Kleptin wrote:
At 11/9/2010 7:51:57 PM, popculturepooka wrote:
Do you mean creationism as in YEC?

No, that would be a coward's statement. I mean Creationism in general. Or as a matter of fact, any ideology that proposes that an intelligence planned and is somehow responsible for this universe. All arguments that have ever been made for Creationism are circular in nature. 8 years, I have yet to see one that was deserving of discussion.

Well I like the simulation argument, thats creationism of a sort.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
Ren
Posts: 7,102
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/12/2010 1:19:24 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
@ Kleptin:

I know you usually ignore my posts, but I'll give you three:

Evidence of sentient, though inorganic life.

The fact that there is a cosmic frequency and that some frequencies can cause matter to arrange in perfect geometric shapes akin to chains of base material.

The fact that infinite potential in all things contradicts the fact that every emergence of life follow similar basic structures in the same way that every single human contrivance of life in art appears animalistic or, more often, humanoid.
Freeman
Posts: 1,239
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/12/2010 10:13:41 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 11/9/2010 2:16:27 PM, vardas0antras wrote:
Is there any evidence for creationism which at the same time discredits evolution?

No.
Chancellor of Propaganda and Foreign Relations in the Franklin administration.

"I intend to live forever. So far, so good." -- Steven Wright
bluesteel
Posts: 12,301
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/13/2010 10:25:15 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 11/12/2010 10:13:41 PM, Freeman wrote:
At 11/9/2010 2:16:27 PM, vardas0antras wrote:
Is there any evidence for creationism which at the same time discredits evolution?

No.

Theoretically, finding new species of animals in older strata's of rock would meet the criteria of both proving creationism and disproving evolution - like a rabbit fossil in the pre-Cambrian or a human fossil from the Jurassic.

The fact that no such evidence has ever been found proves that evolution is a sound theory.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
Cerebral_Narcissist
Posts: 10,806
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/13/2010 10:42:42 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 11/13/2010 10:25:15 AM, bluesteel wrote:
At 11/12/2010 10:13:41 PM, Freeman wrote:
At 11/9/2010 2:16:27 PM, vardas0antras wrote:
Is there any evidence for creationism which at the same time discredits evolution?

No.

Theoretically, finding new species of animals in older strata's of rock would meet the criteria of both proving creationism and disproving evolution - like a rabbit fossil in the pre-Cambrian or a human fossil from the Jurassic.

The fact that no such evidence has ever been found proves that evolution is a sound theory.

And even then explanations could be offered.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
belle
Posts: 4,113
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/13/2010 12:20:41 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 11/13/2010 10:42:42 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
At 11/13/2010 10:25:15 AM, bluesteel wrote:
At 11/12/2010 10:13:41 PM, Freeman wrote:
At 11/9/2010 2:16:27 PM, vardas0antras wrote:
Is there any evidence for creationism which at the same time discredits evolution?

No.

Theoretically, finding new species of animals in older strata's of rock would meet the criteria of both proving creationism and disproving evolution - like a rabbit fossil in the pre-Cambrian or a human fossil from the Jurassic.

The fact that no such evidence has ever been found proves that evolution is a sound theory.

And even then explanations could be offered.

meh. only if you could plausibly claim some kind of contamination took place. trying to defend it after its been shown beyond a doubt to contradict evolutionary theory is just as intellectually dishonest and trying to defend the bible against mounds of scientific evidence.
evidently i only come to ddo to avoid doing homework...
bluesteel
Posts: 12,301
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/13/2010 12:24:08 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 11/13/2010 12:20:41 PM, belle wrote:
At 11/13/2010 10:42:42 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
At 11/13/2010 10:25:15 AM, bluesteel wrote:
At 11/12/2010 10:13:41 PM, Freeman wrote:
At 11/9/2010 2:16:27 PM, vardas0antras wrote:
Is there any evidence for creationism which at the same time discredits evolution?

No.

Theoretically, finding new species of animals in older strata's of rock would meet the criteria of both proving creationism and disproving evolution - like a rabbit fossil in the pre-Cambrian or a human fossil from the Jurassic.

The fact that no such evidence has ever been found proves that evolution is a sound theory.

And even then explanations could be offered.

meh. only if you could plausibly claim some kind of contamination took place. trying to defend it after its been shown beyond a doubt to contradict evolutionary theory is just as intellectually dishonest and trying to defend the bible against mounds of scientific evidence.

Well supposedly if it were a single fossil, it would be hard to rule out that an intellectually dishonest Creationist planted it there.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
belle
Posts: 4,113
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/13/2010 12:28:08 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 11/13/2010 12:24:08 PM, bluesteel wrote:
Well supposedly if it were a single fossil, it would be hard to rule out that an intellectually dishonest Creationist planted it there.

lol. thats why a i said "beyond a doubt"- depending on the circumstances it could have ended up there from any number of means, natural or unnatural, that cause it to appear as though it contradicts evolutionary theory when it really doesn't...
evidently i only come to ddo to avoid doing homework...
sherlockmethod
Posts: 317
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/13/2010 8:55:06 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
I am with Kleptin on this one. I have tried on multiple occasions to force creationists to make a falsifiable claim and support their data. To date, none have done so. I read creationism articles and "peer reviewed" work and they still will not do this very simple thing. They leave terms open so they can run away when confronted. I am still waiting for a creationist to explain the dog "kind" and the methodology used to support this "kind", still no takers.

The whole movement is composed of rhetoric and nonsense.
Library cards: Stopping stupid one book at a time.
Ren
Posts: 7,102
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/14/2010 2:15:23 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 11/14/2010 2:13:17 PM, Ren wrote:
... Furthermore, I also still think that evidence of sentient, though inorganic life contradicts purist evolutionism and the presence of a cosmic frequency that may help hold matter together in it's current form supports creationism, particularly speaking matter into life.

But, I know, you people will just sit there and pretend I didn't post anything so you can sound cool to each other by claiming that you're so incredibly intelligent, no one can possibly posit an argument for such a preposterous claim as the existence of God, when most of you don't even understand the reality around you.

I'm sorry, was that spiteful?

Hehe.
sherlockmethod
Posts: 317
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/14/2010 6:12:01 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 11/14/2010 2:15:23 PM, Ren wrote:
At 11/14/2010 2:13:17 PM, Ren wrote:
... Furthermore, I also still think that evidence of sentient, though inorganic life contradicts purist evolutionism and the presence of a cosmic frequency that may help hold matter together in it's current form supports creationism, particularly speaking matter into life.

But, I know, you people will just sit there and pretend I didn't post anything so you can sound cool to each other by claiming that you're so incredibly intelligent, no one can possibly posit an argument for such a preposterous claim as the existence of God, when most of you don't even understand the reality around you.

I'm sorry, was that spiteful?

Hehe.

The existence of God is not the question, but I don't want to just "sound cool" and this topic seems to upset you so do us a favor, support your claim.
What is this cosmic frequency?
How is it measured?
What is a purist evolutionist and what do these purists support?
Please link any peer reviewed work on this cosmic frequency and tell us how this peer reviewed science supports creationism.
If you feel froggy, can you do something that no other creationist in the world has done by explaining the methodology used to support a "kind"? I ask all creationists this last question.
Library cards: Stopping stupid one book at a time.