Total Posts:31|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

9th Planet?

Stronn
Posts: 443
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/15/2016 5:30:46 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/15/2016 5:16:22 AM, Hayd wrote:
A new planet was discovered about the size of Neptune that orbits the sun every 15,000 years. What should we name it?
http://www.sciencemag.org...

Even though the discovery was announced by two respected astronomers, I would be very, very skeptical of their claim. According to the article, they inferred the planet from "the peculiar clustering of six previously known objects that orbit beyond Neptune. They say there"s only a 0.007% chance, or about one in 15,000, that the clustering could be a coincidence." This seems like a very tenuous basis on which to base such a large claim.
Hayd
Posts: 4,343
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/15/2016 5:34:36 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/15/2016 5:30:46 AM, Stronn wrote:
At 3/15/2016 5:16:22 AM, Hayd wrote:
A new planet was discovered about the size of Neptune that orbits the sun every 15,000 years. What should we name it?
http://www.sciencemag.org...

Even though the discovery was announced by two respected astronomers, I would be very, very skeptical of their claim. According to the article, they inferred the planet from "the peculiar clustering of six previously known objects that orbit beyond Neptune. They say there"s only a 0.007% chance, or about one in 15,000, that the clustering could be a coincidence." This seems like a very tenuous basis on which to base such a large claim.

The way you worded it, their is a 0.007% chance they are wrong
dee-em
Posts: 7,858
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/15/2016 11:12:13 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
It's time Minerva had something named after her.
Fatihah: It's like your mother making spaghetti and after you taste it and don't like it, you say "well my mom must not exist". Not because their is no logical evidence but because she doesn't do what you want.
PetersSmith
Posts: 6,894
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/15/2016 3:42:35 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/15/2016 5:16:22 AM, Hayd wrote:
A new planet was discovered about the size of Neptune that orbits the sun every 15,000 years. What should we name it?
http://www.sciencemag.org...

PLUTO IS THE NINTH PLANET. http://cosmoquest.org...
Empress of DDO (also Poll and Forum "Maintenance" Moderator)

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

Guide to the Polls Section: http://www.debate.org...
Diqiucun_Cunmin
Posts: 2,735
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/15/2016 6:26:42 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/15/2016 3:42:35 PM, PetersSmith wrote:
At 3/15/2016 5:16:22 AM, Hayd wrote:
A new planet was discovered about the size of Neptune that orbits the sun every 15,000 years. What should we name it?
http://www.sciencemag.org...

PLUTO IS THE NINTH PLANET. http://cosmoquest.org...

I wonder if some of the younger DDO members don't know/remember that Pluto used to be the ninth planet. That makes us old D:
I think it is well established that the only reason aliens come to earth is to slice up cows and examine inside peoples' bottoms. Unless you are a cow or suffer haemerrhoids I don't think there is anything to worry about from aliens. - keithprosser

Don't be a stat cynic:
http://www.debate.org...

Response to conservative views on deforestation:
http://www.debate.org...

Topics I'd like to debate (not debating ATM): http://tinyurl.com...
Stronn
Posts: 443
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/15/2016 6:49:58 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/15/2016 5:34:36 AM, Hayd wrote:
At 3/15/2016 5:30:46 AM, Stronn wrote:
At 3/15/2016 5:16:22 AM, Hayd wrote:
A new planet was discovered about the size of Neptune that orbits the sun every 15,000 years. What should we name it?
http://www.sciencemag.org...

Even though the discovery was announced by two respected astronomers, I would be very, very skeptical of their claim. According to the article, they inferred the planet from "the peculiar clustering of six previously known objects that orbit beyond Neptune. They say there"s only a 0.007% chance, or about one in 15,000, that the clustering could be a coincidence." This seems like a very tenuous basis on which to base such a large claim.

The way you worded it, their is a 0.007% chance they are wrong

Not exactly. The chance of the six objects clustering together may be 0.007%, but that is a far cry from saying the only possible explanation for their behavior is a yet-unseen Neptune-sized planet. Surely there are other plausible explanations. Also, there is the Prosecutor's fallacy to consider. If you look at enough objects, you will find six they behave in a statistically unlikely way.

The history of astronomy is filled with claims of discoveries that turned out not be true, many made by respected astronomers of their day. The "canals" on Mars are a good example. Such claims were sensationalized in the media for years before better telescopes finally showed that the canals are not there. So a healthy dose of skepticism should meet any new discovery.
famousdebater
Posts: 3,964
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/15/2016 8:03:59 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/15/2016 5:16:22 AM, Hayd wrote:
A new planet was discovered about the size of Neptune that orbits the sun every 15,000 years. What should we name it?
http://www.sciencemag.org...

I will use my awesome naming skills to come up with a name for it - famousdebater land.
"Life calls the tune, we dance."
John Galsworthy
Hayd
Posts: 4,343
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/16/2016 12:41:52 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/15/2016 8:03:59 PM, famousdebater wrote:
At 3/15/2016 5:16:22 AM, Hayd wrote:
A new planet was discovered about the size of Neptune that orbits the sun every 15,000 years. What should we name it?
http://www.sciencemag.org...

I will use my awesome naming skills to come up with a name for it - famousdebater land.

http://giphy.com...
R0b1Billion
Posts: 3,932
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/18/2016 1:45:00 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/15/2016 2:46:03 PM, Hayd wrote:
At 3/15/2016 11:12:13 AM, dee-em wrote:
It's time Minerva had something named after her.

That actually sounds really cool

+1
AKA
Rob1billion
Rob1_Billion
Caramel
Lasagna
R0b1Billion
Posts: 3,932
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/18/2016 1:48:22 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/15/2016 6:49:58 PM, Stronn wrote:
At 3/15/2016 5:34:36 AM, Hayd wrote:
At 3/15/2016 5:30:46 AM, Stronn wrote:
At 3/15/2016 5:16:22 AM, Hayd wrote:
A new planet was discovered about the size of Neptune that orbits the sun every 15,000 years. What should we name it?
http://www.sciencemag.org...

Even though the discovery was announced by two respected astronomers, I would be very, very skeptical of their claim. According to the article, they inferred the planet from "the peculiar clustering of six previously known objects that orbit beyond Neptune. They say there"s only a 0.007% chance, or about one in 15,000, that the clustering could be a coincidence." This seems like a very tenuous basis on which to base such a large claim.

The way you worded it, their is a 0.007% chance they are wrong

Not exactly. The chance of the six objects clustering together may be 0.007%, but that is a far cry from saying the only possible explanation for their behavior is a yet-unseen Neptune-sized planet. Surely there are other plausible explanations. Also, there is the Prosecutor's fallacy to consider. If you look at enough objects, you will find six they behave in a statistically unlikely way.

The history of astronomy is filled with claims of discoveries that turned out not be true, many made by respected astronomers of their day. The "canals" on Mars are a good example. Such claims were sensationalized in the media for years before better telescopes finally showed that the canals are not there. So a healthy dose of skepticism should meet any new discovery.

Thanks for the buzzkill, dude.
AKA
Rob1billion
Rob1_Billion
Caramel
Lasagna
Hayd
Posts: 4,343
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/18/2016 1:53:36 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/18/2016 1:48:22 AM, R0b1Billion wrote:
At 3/15/2016 6:49:58 PM, Stronn wrote:
At 3/15/2016 5:34:36 AM, Hayd wrote:
At 3/15/2016 5:30:46 AM, Stronn wrote:
At 3/15/2016 5:16:22 AM, Hayd wrote:
A new planet was discovered about the size of Neptune that orbits the sun every 15,000 years. What should we name it?
http://www.sciencemag.org...

Even though the discovery was announced by two respected astronomers, I would be very, very skeptical of their claim. According to the article, they inferred the planet from "the peculiar clustering of six previously known objects that orbit beyond Neptune. They say there"s only a 0.007% chance, or about one in 15,000, that the clustering could be a coincidence." This seems like a very tenuous basis on which to base such a large claim.

The way you worded it, their is a 0.007% chance they are wrong

Not exactly. The chance of the six objects clustering together may be 0.007%, but that is a far cry from saying the only possible explanation for their behavior is a yet-unseen Neptune-sized planet. Surely there are other plausible explanations. Also, there is the Prosecutor's fallacy to consider. If you look at enough objects, you will find six they behave in a statistically unlikely way.

The history of astronomy is filled with claims of discoveries that turned out not be true, many made by respected astronomers of their day. The "canals" on Mars are a good example. Such claims were sensationalized in the media for years before better telescopes finally showed that the canals are not there. So a healthy dose of skepticism should meet any new discovery.

Thanks for the buzzkill, dude.

exactly what I thought
Stronn
Posts: 443
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/19/2016 5:58:39 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/18/2016 1:53:36 AM, Hayd wrote:
At 3/18/2016 1:48:22 AM, R0b1Billion wrote:
At 3/15/2016 6:49:58 PM, Stronn wrote:
At 3/15/2016 5:34:36 AM, Hayd wrote:
At 3/15/2016 5:30:46 AM, Stronn wrote:
At 3/15/2016 5:16:22 AM, Hayd wrote:
A new planet was discovered about the size of Neptune that orbits the sun every 15,000 years. What should we name it?
http://www.sciencemag.org...

Even though the discovery was announced by two respected astronomers, I would be very, very skeptical of their claim. According to the article, they inferred the planet from "the peculiar clustering of six previously known objects that orbit beyond Neptune. They say there"s only a 0.007% chance, or about one in 15,000, that the clustering could be a coincidence." This seems like a very tenuous basis on which to base such a large claim.

The way you worded it, their is a 0.007% chance they are wrong

Not exactly. The chance of the six objects clustering together may be 0.007%, but that is a far cry from saying the only possible explanation for their behavior is a yet-unseen Neptune-sized planet. Surely there are other plausible explanations. Also, there is the Prosecutor's fallacy to consider. If you look at enough objects, you will find six they behave in a statistically unlikely way.

The history of astronomy is filled with claims of discoveries that turned out not be true, many made by respected astronomers of their day. The "canals" on Mars are a good example. Such claims were sensationalized in the media for years before better telescopes finally showed that the canals are not there. So a healthy dose of skepticism should meet any new discovery.

Thanks for the buzzkill, dude.

exactly what I thought

I do my best. Reality often has a buzzkilling effect on hypotheses.

Come to think of it, Buzzkill would be an awesome name for the planet.
Blade-of-Truth
Posts: 5,523
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/19/2016 6:24:07 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/15/2016 5:16:22 AM, Hayd wrote:
A new planet was discovered about the size of Neptune that orbits the sun every 15,000 years. What should we name it?
http://www.sciencemag.org...

Nibiru is the name already given to it, and has been since the 1970's. The fact that two astronomers were brave enough to push through the academia brick wall to get this out is what really surprised me. There's ALOT of hogwash surrounding it though, so tread lightly when traversing the mountains of absurd information and theories on it.
Debate.org Deputy Vote Moderator & Official Voting Group Czar
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
DDO Voting Guide: http://www.debate.org...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Need a judge on your debate? Nominate me! http://www.debate.org...
Hayd
Posts: 4,343
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/19/2016 6:32:36 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/19/2016 6:24:07 AM, Blade-of-Truth wrote:
At 3/15/2016 5:16:22 AM, Hayd wrote:
A new planet was discovered about the size of Neptune that orbits the sun every 15,000 years. What should we name it?
http://www.sciencemag.org...

Nibiru is the name already given to it, and has been since the 1970's. The fact that two astronomers were brave enough to push through the academia brick wall to get this out is what really surprised me. There's ALOT of hogwash surrounding it though, so tread lightly when traversing the mountains of absurd information and theories on it.

gasp
Blade-of-Truth
Posts: 5,523
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/19/2016 6:57:07 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/19/2016 6:32:36 AM, Hayd wrote:
At 3/19/2016 6:24:07 AM, Blade-of-Truth wrote:
At 3/15/2016 5:16:22 AM, Hayd wrote:
A new planet was discovered about the size of Neptune that orbits the sun every 15,000 years. What should we name it?
http://www.sciencemag.org...

Nibiru is the name already given to it, and has been since the 1970's. The fact that two astronomers were brave enough to push through the academia brick wall to get this out is what really surprised me. There's ALOT of hogwash surrounding it though, so tread lightly when traversing the mountains of absurd information and theories on it.

gasp

I know... plus water has consciousness, and the Earth and Moon are hollow.

http://cdn.makeagif.com...
Debate.org Deputy Vote Moderator & Official Voting Group Czar
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
DDO Voting Guide: http://www.debate.org...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Need a judge on your debate? Nominate me! http://www.debate.org...
tejretics
Posts: 6,744
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/19/2016 7:42:43 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/15/2016 6:26:42 PM, Diqiucun_Cunmin wrote:
At 3/15/2016 3:42:35 PM, PetersSmith wrote:
At 3/15/2016 5:16:22 AM, Hayd wrote:
A new planet was discovered about the size of Neptune that orbits the sun every 15,000 years. What should we name it?
http://www.sciencemag.org...

PLUTO IS THE NINTH PLANET. http://cosmoquest.org...

I wonder if some of the younger DDO members don't know/remember that Pluto used to be the ninth planet. That makes us old D:

I totally remember, lol.
"Where justice is denied, where poverty is enforced, where ignorance prevails, and where any one class is made to feel that society is an organized conspiracy to oppress, rob and degrade them, neither persons nor property will be safe." - Frederick Douglass

http://gotejas.com...
Stronn
Posts: 443
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/19/2016 8:41:54 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/19/2016 6:24:07 AM, Blade-of-Truth wrote:
At 3/15/2016 5:16:22 AM, Hayd wrote:
A new planet was discovered about the size of Neptune that orbits the sun every 15,000 years. What should we name it?
http://www.sciencemag.org...

Nibiru is the name already given to it, and has been since the 1970's. The fact that two astronomers were brave enough to push through the academia brick wall to get this out is what really surprised me. There's ALOT of hogwash surrounding it though, so tread lightly when traversing the mountains of absurd information and theories on it.

If the planet turns out to exist, I would be surprised if a name given by a pseudoscientist like Zecharia Sitchin sticks. He based its existence on mistranslation of ancient Sumerian texts, and among other things, claimed that Nibiru had a technologically advanced civilization who visited Earth to mine gold 450,000 years ago, cross-bred with native Earth animals to create humans to work the mines, and that a worker uprising caused a nuclear war in 2000 BC.
Blade-of-Truth
Posts: 5,523
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/19/2016 5:00:07 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/19/2016 8:41:54 AM, Stronn wrote:
At 3/19/2016 6:24:07 AM, Blade-of-Truth wrote:
At 3/15/2016 5:16:22 AM, Hayd wrote:
A new planet was discovered about the size of Neptune that orbits the sun every 15,000 years. What should we name it?
http://www.sciencemag.org...

Nibiru is the name already given to it, and has been since the 1970's. The fact that two astronomers were brave enough to push through the academia brick wall to get this out is what really surprised me. There's ALOT of hogwash surrounding it though, so tread lightly when traversing the mountains of absurd information and theories on it.

If the planet turns out to exist, I would be surprised if a name given by a pseudoscientist like Zecharia Sitchin sticks. He based its existence on mistranslation of ancient Sumerian texts, and among other things, claimed that Nibiru had a technologically advanced civilization who visited Earth to mine gold 450,000 years ago, cross-bred with native Earth animals to create humans to work the mines, and that a worker uprising caused a nuclear war in 2000 BC.

Well, someone has done their homework :) but yeah, I hope that name sticks. I doubt it will considering we have a Greek god fetish when it comes to planetary names.
Debate.org Deputy Vote Moderator & Official Voting Group Czar
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
DDO Voting Guide: http://www.debate.org...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Need a judge on your debate? Nominate me! http://www.debate.org...
dee-em
Posts: 7,858
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/20/2016 1:31:07 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/19/2016 5:00:07 PM, Blade-of-Truth wrote:
At 3/19/2016 8:41:54 AM, Stronn wrote:
At 3/19/2016 6:24:07 AM, Blade-of-Truth wrote:
At 3/15/2016 5:16:22 AM, Hayd wrote:
A new planet was discovered about the size of Neptune that orbits the sun every 15,000 years. What should we name it?
http://www.sciencemag.org...

Nibiru is the name already given to it, and has been since the 1970's. The fact that two astronomers were brave enough to push through the academia brick wall to get this out is what really surprised me. There's ALOT of hogwash surrounding it though, so tread lightly when traversing the mountains of absurd information and theories on it.

If the planet turns out to exist, I would be surprised if a name given by a pseudoscientist like Zecharia Sitchin sticks. He based its existence on mistranslation of ancient Sumerian texts, and among other things, claimed that Nibiru had a technologically advanced civilization who visited Earth to mine gold 450,000 years ago, cross-bred with native Earth animals to create humans to work the mines, and that a worker uprising caused a nuclear war in 2000 BC.

Well, someone has done their homework :) but yeah, I hope that name sticks. I doubt it will considering we have a Greek god fetish when it comes to planetary names.

As a Greek I would love to claim credit, but the names actually derive from Roman gods (which usually had a one to one correspondence with the original Greek gods, of course).
Fatihah: It's like your mother making spaghetti and after you taste it and don't like it, you say "well my mom must not exist". Not because their is no logical evidence but because she doesn't do what you want.
dee-em
Posts: 7,858
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/20/2016 1:53:19 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
Correspondence between Greek and Roman gods:

http://mistupid.com...
Fatihah: It's like your mother making spaghetti and after you taste it and don't like it, you say "well my mom must not exist". Not because their is no logical evidence but because she doesn't do what you want.
Blade-of-Truth
Posts: 5,523
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/20/2016 2:16:46 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/20/2016 1:31:07 AM, dee-em wrote:
At 3/19/2016 5:00:07 PM, Blade-of-Truth wrote:
At 3/19/2016 8:41:54 AM, Stronn wrote:
At 3/19/2016 6:24:07 AM, Blade-of-Truth wrote:
At 3/15/2016 5:16:22 AM, Hayd wrote:
A new planet was discovered about the size of Neptune that orbits the sun every 15,000 years. What should we name it?
http://www.sciencemag.org...

Nibiru is the name already given to it, and has been since the 1970's. The fact that two astronomers were brave enough to push through the academia brick wall to get this out is what really surprised me. There's ALOT of hogwash surrounding it though, so tread lightly when traversing the mountains of absurd information and theories on it.

If the planet turns out to exist, I would be surprised if a name given by a pseudoscientist like Zecharia Sitchin sticks. He based its existence on mistranslation of ancient Sumerian texts, and among other things, claimed that Nibiru had a technologically advanced civilization who visited Earth to mine gold 450,000 years ago, cross-bred with native Earth animals to create humans to work the mines, and that a worker uprising caused a nuclear war in 2000 BC.

Well, someone has done their homework :) but yeah, I hope that name sticks. I doubt it will considering we have a Greek god fetish when it comes to planetary names.

As a Greek I would love to claim credit, but the names actually derive from Roman gods (which usually had a one to one correspondence with the original Greek gods, of course).

Interesting, and good to know! Thanks for sharing that.
Debate.org Deputy Vote Moderator & Official Voting Group Czar
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
DDO Voting Guide: http://www.debate.org...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Need a judge on your debate? Nominate me! http://www.debate.org...
Emmarie
Posts: 1,909
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/20/2016 2:25:54 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/15/2016 5:16:22 AM, Hayd wrote:
A new planet was discovered about the size of Neptune that orbits the sun every 15,000 years. What should we name it?
http://www.sciencemag.org...

Jo Momma
Hayd
Posts: 4,343
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/20/2016 2:26:14 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/20/2016 2:25:54 AM, Emmarie wrote:
At 3/15/2016 5:16:22 AM, Hayd wrote:
A new planet was discovered about the size of Neptune that orbits the sun every 15,000 years. What should we name it?
http://www.sciencemag.org...

Jo Momma

lol
Emmarie
Posts: 1,909
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/20/2016 2:27:39 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/20/2016 2:26:14 AM, Hayd wrote:
At 3/20/2016 2:25:54 AM, Emmarie wrote:
At 3/15/2016 5:16:22 AM, Hayd wrote:
A new planet was discovered about the size of Neptune that orbits the sun every 15,000 years. What should we name it?
http://www.sciencemag.org...

Jo Momma

lol

...................... ;) ......................
dee-em
Posts: 7,858
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/20/2016 3:45:13 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/20/2016 2:25:54 AM, Emmarie wrote:
At 3/15/2016 5:16:22 AM, Hayd wrote:
A new planet was discovered about the size of Neptune that orbits the sun every 15,000 years. What should we name it?
http://www.sciencemag.org...

Jo Momma

Sorry, the god for naming planets rejects your submission of a two word name. It can be "Jo" or "Momma" but not both.
Fatihah: It's like your mother making spaghetti and after you taste it and don't like it, you say "well my mom must not exist". Not because their is no logical evidence but because she doesn't do what you want.
Emmarie
Posts: 1,909
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/20/2016 7:28:27 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/20/2016 3:45:13 AM, dee-em wrote:
At 3/20/2016 2:25:54 AM, Emmarie wrote:
At 3/15/2016 5:16:22 AM, Hayd wrote:
A new planet was discovered about the size of Neptune that orbits the sun every 15,000 years. What should we name it?
http://www.sciencemag.org...

Jo Momma

Sorry, the god for naming planets rejects your submission of a two word name. It can be "Jo" or "Momma" but not both.
JoMomma can be one word then
dee-em
Posts: 7,858
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/21/2016 1:00:27 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/20/2016 7:28:27 PM, Emmarie wrote:
At 3/20/2016 3:45:13 AM, dee-em wrote:
At 3/20/2016 2:25:54 AM, Emmarie wrote:
At 3/15/2016 5:16:22 AM, Hayd wrote:
A new planet was discovered about the size of Neptune that orbits the sun every 15,000 years. What should we name it?
http://www.sciencemag.org...

Jo Momma

Sorry, the god for naming planets rejects your submission of a two word name. It can be "Jo" or "Momma" but not both.

JoMomma can be one word then

Good to go. :-)
Fatihah: It's like your mother making spaghetti and after you taste it and don't like it, you say "well my mom must not exist". Not because their is no logical evidence but because she doesn't do what you want.
Emmarie
Posts: 1,909
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/21/2016 1:06:53 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/21/2016 1:00:27 AM, dee-em wrote:
At 3/20/2016 7:28:27 PM, Emmarie wrote:
At 3/20/2016 3:45:13 AM, dee-em wrote:
At 3/20/2016 2:25:54 AM, Emmarie wrote:
At 3/15/2016 5:16:22 AM, Hayd wrote:
A new planet was discovered about the size of Neptune that orbits the sun every 15,000 years. What should we name it?
http://www.sciencemag.org...

Jo Momma

Sorry, the god for naming planets rejects your submission of a two word name. It can be "Jo" or "Momma" but not both.

JoMomma can be one word then

Good to go. :-)

................................................ ;) .....................................................