Total Posts:99|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Christians are anti science.

LittleBallofHATE
Posts: 284
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/19/2016 6:30:08 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
You hear it all the time. Christians are a bunch of Bible thumping, ignorant, superstious morons.
Time for a little history lesson. Turns out, Christians are the ones responsible for the rise of science and the scientific method.
http://www.evolutionnews.org...

And Christians are not anti science. They're anti evolution, which isn't real science. Disagree all you want. It's the truth.
I would agree with you, but then we'd BOTH be wrong.
Dirty.Harry
Posts: 1,559
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/19/2016 6:55:51 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/19/2016 6:30:08 PM, LittleBallofHATE wrote:
You hear it all the time. Christians are a bunch of Bible thumping, ignorant, superstious morons.
Time for a little history lesson. Turns out, Christians are the ones responsible for the rise of science and the scientific method.
http://www.evolutionnews.org...

And Christians are not anti science. They're anti evolution, which isn't real science. Disagree all you want. It's the truth.

Yes we do hear it all the time, far too many pop-scientists (Richard Dawkins for example) promulgate this myth or at least strongly imply it.

What's overlooked though is that if this were true then the following people were anti science:

Newton,
Leibniz,
Pascal,
Galileo,
Copernicus,
Priestly,
Volta,
Euler,
Faraday,
Maxwell,
Mendel...

See: https://en.wikipedia.org...

Harry.
DanneJeRusse
Posts: 12,560
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/19/2016 7:43:24 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/19/2016 6:30:08 PM, LittleBallofHATE wrote:
You hear it all the time. Christians are a bunch of Bible thumping, ignorant, superstious morons.

Not true, there most certainly are Christians who are not Bible thumping, ignorant, superstitious morons. It is very easy to see the display of Christians who are Bible thumping, ignorant, superstitious morons, they are often just a minority among the entire demographic, but make themselves largely evident, notwithstanding.

Time for a little history lesson. Turns out, Christians are the ones responsible for the rise of science and the scientific method.
http://www.evolutionnews.org...

From the link:

"The scientific method as we know began with Roger Bacon O.F.M., a 13th century Franciscan friar who pioneered the empirical study of God's rational creation by rational man who was created in His image."

Yes, just after the Inquisitions and then 200 years later, Christians started burning witches and did so for a few hundred years more. How does that coincide with 200 years of developing the scientific method and it's origins?

So, it would be more correct to say that regardless of what was developed for science centuries ago, it had very little to do with Christianity, because everyone was a Christian anyways, and if you weren't, you were burned at the stake or tortured.

And although, Friar Bacon's intention of studying God's creation did not lead to that conclusion, the kudos goes to his intention of figuring out a good method to find out how things work.

And Christians are not anti science. They're anti evolution, which isn't real science. Disagree all you want. It's the truth.

It's gone well beyond disagreeing and even beyond laughing at your posts.
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
LittleBallofHATE
Posts: 284
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/19/2016 8:05:08 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/19/2016 6:55:51 PM, Dirty.Harry wrote:
At 3/19/2016 6:30:08 PM, LittleBallofHATE wrote:
You hear it all the time. Christians are a bunch of Bible thumping, ignorant, superstious morons.
Time for a little history lesson. Turns out, Christians are the ones responsible for the rise of science and the scientific method.
http://www.evolutionnews.org...

And Christians are not anti science. They're anti evolution, which isn't real science. Disagree all you want. It's the truth.

Yes we do hear it all the time, far too many pop-scientists (Richard Dawkins for example) promulgate this myth or at least strongly imply it.

What's overlooked though is that if this were true then the following people were anti science:

Newton,
Leibniz,
Pascal,
Galileo,
Copernicus,
Priestly,
Volta,
Euler,
Faraday,
Maxwell,
Mendel...

See: https://en.wikipedia.org...

Harry.

I love science. I read about it all the time. I just simply don't believe that I evolved from a hairy, Ill mannered, crap slinging chimp.
I would agree with you, but then we'd BOTH be wrong.
DanneJeRusse
Posts: 12,560
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/19/2016 8:16:02 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/19/2016 8:05:08 PM, LittleBallofHATE wrote:
At 3/19/2016 6:55:51 PM, Dirty.Harry wrote:
At 3/19/2016 6:30:08 PM, LittleBallofHATE wrote:
You hear it all the time. Christians are a bunch of Bible thumping, ignorant, superstious morons.
Time for a little history lesson. Turns out, Christians are the ones responsible for the rise of science and the scientific method.
http://www.evolutionnews.org...

And Christians are not anti science. They're anti evolution, which isn't real science. Disagree all you want. It's the truth.

Yes we do hear it all the time, far too many pop-scientists (Richard Dawkins for example) promulgate this myth or at least strongly imply it.

What's overlooked though is that if this were true then the following people were anti science:

Newton,
Leibniz,
Pascal,
Galileo,
Copernicus,
Priestly,
Volta,
Euler,
Faraday,
Maxwell,
Mendel...

See: https://en.wikipedia.org...

Harry.

I love science. I read about it all the time. I just simply don't believe that I evolved from a hairy, Ill mannered, crap slinging chimp.

The latter sentence, if true, would show the former two are invalid.
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
LittleBallofHATE
Posts: 284
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/19/2016 8:21:42 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/19/2016 8:16:02 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 3/19/2016 8:05:08 PM, LittleBallofHATE wrote:
At 3/19/2016 6:55:51 PM, Dirty.Harry wrote:
At 3/19/2016 6:30:08 PM, LittleBallofHATE wrote:
You hear it all the time. Christians are a bunch of Bible thumping, ignorant, superstious morons.
Time for a little history lesson. Turns out, Christians are the ones responsible for the rise of science and the scientific method.
http://www.evolutionnews.org...

And Christians are not anti science. They're anti evolution, which isn't real science. Disagree all you want. It's the truth.

Yes we do hear it all the time, far too many pop-scientists (Richard Dawkins for example) promulgate this myth or at least strongly imply it.

What's overlooked though is that if this were true then the following people were anti science:

Newton,
Leibniz,
Pascal,
Galileo,
Copernicus,
Priestly,
Volta,
Euler,
Faraday,
Maxwell,
Mendel...

See: https://en.wikipedia.org...

Harry.

I love science. I read about it all the time. I just simply don't believe that I evolved from a hairy, Ill mannered, crap slinging chimp.

The latter sentence, if true, would show the former two are invalid.

You seem to be suffering from the delusion that I even care what you think. I also noticed that you failed to address the topic under discussion. It would seem that all you've got to offer are petty insults. Sucks to be you.
I would agree with you, but then we'd BOTH be wrong.
DanneJeRusse
Posts: 12,560
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/19/2016 8:29:26 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/19/2016 8:21:42 PM, LittleBallofHATE wrote:
At 3/19/2016 8:16:02 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 3/19/2016 8:05:08 PM, LittleBallofHATE wrote:
At 3/19/2016 6:55:51 PM, Dirty.Harry wrote:
At 3/19/2016 6:30:08 PM, LittleBallofHATE wrote:
You hear it all the time. Christians are a bunch of Bible thumping, ignorant, superstious morons.
Time for a little history lesson. Turns out, Christians are the ones responsible for the rise of science and the scientific method.
http://www.evolutionnews.org...

And Christians are not anti science. They're anti evolution, which isn't real science. Disagree all you want. It's the truth.

Yes we do hear it all the time, far too many pop-scientists (Richard Dawkins for example) promulgate this myth or at least strongly imply it.

What's overlooked though is that if this were true then the following people were anti science:

Newton,
Leibniz,
Pascal,
Galileo,
Copernicus,
Priestly,
Volta,
Euler,
Faraday,
Maxwell,
Mendel...

See: https://en.wikipedia.org...

Harry.

I love science. I read about it all the time. I just simply don't believe that I evolved from a hairy, Ill mannered, crap slinging chimp.

The latter sentence, if true, would show the former two are invalid.

You seem to be suffering from the delusion that I even care what you think.

Yes, I know you don't. You also don't care about evidence, facts, theories, science, reality and host of other real things.

I also noticed that you failed to address the topic under discussion.

Yes, I did, post #3. It says in there that you hear folks complaining all the time just how much of a Bible thumping, ignorant, superstitious moron you are.

It would seem that all you've got to offer are petty insults.

It would seem that all you have to offer are baseless fabrications and irrational beliefs.

Sucks to be you.

Petty insult.
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
LittleBallofHATE
Posts: 284
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/19/2016 8:47:31 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/19/2016 8:29:26 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 3/19/2016 8:21:42 PM, LittleBallofHATE wrote:
At 3/19/2016 8:16:02 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 3/19/2016 8:05:08 PM, LittleBallofHATE wrote:
At 3/19/2016 6:55:51 PM, Dirty.Harry wrote:
At 3/19/2016 6:30:08 PM, LittleBallofHATE wrote:
You hear it all the time. Christians are a bunch of Bible thumping, ignorant, superstious morons.
Time for a little history lesson. Turns out, Christians are the ones responsible for the rise of science and the scientific method.
http://www.evolutionnews.org...

And Christians are not anti science. They're anti evolution, which isn't real science. Disagree all you want. It's the truth.

Yes we do hear it all the time, far too many pop-scientists (Richard Dawkins for example) promulgate this myth or at least strongly imply it.

What's overlooked though is that if this were true then the following people were anti science:

Newton,
Leibniz,
Pascal,
Galileo,
Copernicus,
Priestly,
Volta,
Euler,
Faraday,
Maxwell,
Mendel...

See: https://en.wikipedia.org...

Harry.

I love science. I read about it all the time. I just simply don't believe that I evolved from a hairy, Ill mannered, crap slinging chimp.

The latter sentence, if true, would show the former two are invalid.

You seem to be suffering from the delusion that I even care what you think.

Yes, I know you don't. You also don't care about evidence, facts, theories, science, reality and host of other real things.

I also noticed that you failed to address the topic under discussion.

Yes, I did, post #3. It says in there that you hear folks complaining all the time just how much of a Bible thumping, ignorant, superstitious moron you are.

It would seem that all you've got to offer are petty insults.

It would seem that all you have to offer are baseless fabrications and irrational beliefs.

Sucks to be you.

Petty insult.

I didn't even read your reply. That's how much I value your opinion. You won't be hearing from me again. Please do me a favor and do not reply directly to me anymore. Any further contact will be reported as harrassment.
I would agree with you, but then we'd BOTH be wrong.
DanneJeRusse
Posts: 12,560
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/19/2016 9:08:56 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/19/2016 8:47:31 PM, LittleBallofHATE wrote:
At 3/19/2016 8:29:26 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 3/19/2016 8:21:42 PM, LittleBallofHATE wrote:
At 3/19/2016 8:16:02 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 3/19/2016 8:05:08 PM, LittleBallofHATE wrote:
At 3/19/2016 6:55:51 PM, Dirty.Harry wrote:
At 3/19/2016 6:30:08 PM, LittleBallofHATE wrote:
You hear it all the time. Christians are a bunch of Bible thumping, ignorant, superstious morons.
Time for a little history lesson. Turns out, Christians are the ones responsible for the rise of science and the scientific method.
http://www.evolutionnews.org...

And Christians are not anti science. They're anti evolution, which isn't real science. Disagree all you want. It's the truth.

Yes we do hear it all the time, far too many pop-scientists (Richard Dawkins for example) promulgate this myth or at least strongly imply it.

What's overlooked though is that if this were true then the following people were anti science:

Newton,
Leibniz,
Pascal,
Galileo,
Copernicus,
Priestly,
Volta,
Euler,
Faraday,
Maxwell,
Mendel...

See: https://en.wikipedia.org...

Harry.

I love science. I read about it all the time. I just simply don't believe that I evolved from a hairy, Ill mannered, crap slinging chimp.

The latter sentence, if true, would show the former two are invalid.

You seem to be suffering from the delusion that I even care what you think.

Yes, I know you don't. You also don't care about evidence, facts, theories, science, reality and host of other real things.

I also noticed that you failed to address the topic under discussion.

Yes, I did, post #3. It says in there that you hear folks complaining all the time just how much of a Bible thumping, ignorant, superstitious moron you are.

It would seem that all you've got to offer are petty insults.

It would seem that all you have to offer are baseless fabrications and irrational beliefs.

Sucks to be you.

Petty insult.

I didn't even read your reply. That's how much I value your opinion. You won't be hearing from me again. Please do me a favor and do not reply directly to me anymore. Any further contact will be reported as harrassment.

If we won't be hearing from you again, does that mean you're going to stop posting baseless fabrications and irrational beliefs in the Science forum and do so where they belong, in the Religion forum?
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
Stronn
Posts: 314
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/19/2016 11:33:39 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/19/2016 6:30:08 PM, LittleBallofHATE wrote:
You hear it all the time. Christians are a bunch of Bible thumping, ignorant, superstious morons.
Time for a little history lesson. Turns out, Christians are the ones responsible for the rise of science and the scientific method.
http://www.evolutionnews.org...


Christians who made scientific contributions did so not because of the dogmatic mindset of their religion, but despite it.

And Christians are not anti science. They're anti evolution, which isn't real science. Disagree all you want. It's the truth.

Many Christians are not anti-evolution. So stop presuming to speak for them.
Stronn
Posts: 314
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/20/2016 12:15:57 AM
Posted: 8 months ago
I've noticed a trend, LBOH. You start a topic attacking some facet of science, usually evolution, often with a link to a creationist website. When your point gets soundly refuted, instead of countering the refutation, you abandon the thread and start another thread with some other creationist point. It's like playing whack-a-mole.

A perfect example is the "Human and chimp DNA only 70 percent similar" topic you started yesterday. It was pointed out that the very article you linked started off by saying that 70% is wrong, and it's really 88%, but oh wait, the 88% should be treated skeptically. Your response was that it just goes to show that scientists don't know what they are doing--first they say 99%, then 70%, then 88%. When someone points out the rather obvious fact that the 70% and 88% numbers came from a flawed study done by a creationist, not from scientists, rather than replying, you start a new topic, this one.
LittleBallofHATE
Posts: 284
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/20/2016 12:50:32 AM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/20/2016 12:15:57 AM, Stronn wrote:
I've noticed a trend, LBOH. You start a topic attacking some facet of science, usually evolution, often with a link to a creationist website. When your point gets soundly refuted, instead of countering the refutation, you abandon the thread and start another thread with some other creationist point. It's like playing whack-a-mole.

A perfect example is the "Human and chimp DNA only 70 percent similar" topic you started yesterday. It was pointed out that the very article you linked started off by saying that 70% is wrong, and it's really 88%, but oh wait, the 88% should be treated skeptically. Your response was that it just goes to show that scientists don't know what they are doing--first they say 99%, then 70%, then 88%. When someone points out the rather obvious fact that the 70% and 88% numbers came from a flawed study done by a creationist, not from scientists, rather than replying, you start a new topic, this one.

It wasn't a flawed study. It was a problem with the software used to do the analysys. And the reason I sometimes abandon a thread is because the replies I get are just too stupid to deal with. Bible thumper. Science denier. Believes in stone age myths. You know how it goes. I'm looking for rational debate, yet I usually get insulted instead. Atheists are usually not interested , n rational debate. More often than not, they simply attack my sources and say they're biased. I've never seen one atheist express the slightest bit of doubt about evolution. They claim that it's settled science. Whatever that is. Well. You'll find out the truth, after you die. But by then, it will be too late. Just remember. People tried to warn you.
I would agree with you, but then we'd BOTH be wrong.
Stronn
Posts: 314
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/20/2016 2:33:05 AM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/20/2016 12:50:32 AM, LittleBallofHATE wrote:
At 3/20/2016 12:15:57 AM, Stronn wrote:
I've noticed a trend, LBOH. You start a topic attacking some facet of science, usually evolution, often with a link to a creationist website. When your point gets soundly refuted, instead of countering the refutation, you abandon the thread and start another thread with some other creationist point. It's like playing whack-a-mole.

A perfect example is the "Human and chimp DNA only 70 percent similar" topic you started yesterday. It was pointed out that the very article you linked started off by saying that 70% is wrong, and it's really 88%, but oh wait, the 88% should be treated skeptically. Your response was that it just goes to show that scientists don't know what they are doing--first they say 99%, then 70%, then 88%. When someone points out the rather obvious fact that the 70% and 88% numbers came from a flawed study done by a creationist, not from scientists, rather than replying, you start a new topic, this one.

It wasn't a flawed study. It was a problem with the software used to do the analysys. And the reason I sometimes abandon a thread is because the replies I get are just too stupid to deal with. Bible thumper. Science denier. Believes in stone age myths. You know how it goes. I'm looking for rational debate, yet I usually get insulted instead. Atheists are usually not interested , n rational debate. More often than not, they simply attack my sources and say they're biased. I've never seen one atheist express the slightest bit of doubt about evolution. They claim that it's settled science. Whatever that is. Well. You'll find out the truth, after you die. But by then, it will be too late. Just remember. People tried to warn you.

A study that uses buggy software is a flawed study. Even the followup study, which used a corrected version of the software, incorrectly used a software setting that resulted in erroneously low numbers. There is a very clear description of the flaw in the link below. Note especially the comments, some of which are by the person who first pointed out to Jeffrey Tomkins, the study's creationist author, that he was using buggy software. From the description, even laymen should be able to understand the flaw in Tomkins' method of using the "ungapped" parameter to the BLAST software.

https://eyeonicr.wordpress.com...

I understand abandoning a thread because it degenerates to name-calling. But you give up on threads that do not. If you want rational debate, then be prepared to defend your position or change it. As it is, you mostly just seem to want to proselytize and rail against atheists using pseudoscientific articles that you find on creationist websites. I have a suggestion. The next time you post a link to creationist literature, first do a search to see if it has been debunked anywhere by actual scientists. Then, after reading the refutation, if you still think you have a case, go ahead and post.
DanneJeRusse
Posts: 12,560
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/20/2016 3:38:33 AM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/20/2016 12:50:32 AM, LittleBallofHATE wrote:
And the reason I sometimes abandon a thread is because the replies I get are just too stupid to deal with. Bible thumper. Science denier. Believes in stone age myths. You know how it goes. I'm looking for rational debate, yet I usually get insulted instead. Atheists are usually not interested , n rational debate. More often than not, they simply attack my sources and say they're biased. I've never seen one atheist express the slightest bit of doubt about evolution. They claim that it's settled science. Whatever that is. (Science denier) Well. You'll find out the truth, after you die. But by then, it will be too late. (Bible thumper) Just remember. People tried to warn you. (Believes in stone age myths)

Notice how it all fits together so well.
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
Axonly
Posts: 1,801
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/20/2016 5:13:41 AM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/19/2016 6:30:08 PM, LittleBallofHATE wrote:
You hear it all the time. Christians are a bunch of Bible thumping, ignorant, superstious morons.
Time for a little history lesson. Turns out, Christians are the ones responsible for the rise of science and the scientific method.
http://www.evolutionnews.org...

And Christians are not anti science. They're anti evolution, which isn't real science. Disagree all you want. It's the truth.

Evolution lover here, I agree, Christians aren't anti science, some Christians are pro evolution, some aren't, it isn't worth fighting over :)

Also agree that Christians (Like Atheists, Hindus, Muslims, Jews ETC) are not morons :)
Meh!
Sidewalker
Posts: 3,713
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/20/2016 9:25:12 AM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/19/2016 6:30:08 PM, LittleBallofHATE wrote:
You hear it all the time. Christians are a bunch of Bible thumping, ignorant, superstious morons.
Time for a little history lesson. Turns out, Christians are the ones responsible for the rise of science and the scientific method.
http://www.evolutionnews.org...

And Christians are not anti science. They're anti evolution, which isn't real science. Disagree all you want. It's the truth.

You speak for all Christians? I don't think so.

I'm a Christian and I'm not "anti-evolution". only an idiot would be anti-evolution and most Christians are not idiots.
"It is one of the commonest of mistakes to consider that the limit of our power of perception is also the limit of all there is to perceive." " C. W. Leadbeater
Fkkize
Posts: 2,147
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/20/2016 9:37:59 AM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/19/2016 8:05:08 PM, LittleBallofHATE wrote:
I love science. I read about it all the time. I just simply don't believe that I evolved

If you were to actually DO some science or read real publications instead of popscience articles, you would see how silly your posts are.
: At 7/2/2016 3:05:07 PM, Rational_Thinker9119 wrote:
:
: space contradicts logic
Fkkize
Posts: 2,147
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/20/2016 9:40:52 AM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/19/2016 6:30:08 PM, LittleBallofHATE wrote:
You hear it all the time. Christians are a bunch of Bible thumping, ignorant, superstious morons.

As for this, I literally do not know a single Christian IRL who actually denies evolution, myself included (like most I was Christian for the majority of my life).
It is just a minority of Christians in the US, but you guys are to egocentric to see that.
: At 7/2/2016 3:05:07 PM, Rational_Thinker9119 wrote:
:
: space contradicts logic
RoderickSpode
Posts: 2,370
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/20/2016 3:35:52 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/19/2016 7:43:24 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:


Yes, just after the Inquisitions and then 200 years later, Christians started burning witches and did so for a few hundred years more. How does that coincide with 200 years of developing the scientific method and it's origins?

So, it would be more correct to say that regardless of what was developed for science centuries ago, it had very little to do with Christianity, because everyone was a Christian anyways, and if you weren't, you were burned at the stake or tortured.

The practice of burning witches in the western world ended around the 18th century. Scientific racism, a product of evolution theory which gave rise to human zoos, and the eventual suicide of Ota Benga, the pygmy, was a product of the 20th century. Scientific racism still exists to some degree in this century.

https://www.washingtonpost.com...
DanneJeRusse
Posts: 12,560
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/20/2016 3:47:00 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/20/2016 3:35:52 PM, RoderickSpode wrote:
At 3/19/2016 7:43:24 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:


Yes, just after the Inquisitions and then 200 years later, Christians started burning witches and did so for a few hundred years more. How does that coincide with 200 years of developing the scientific method and it's origins?

So, it would be more correct to say that regardless of what was developed for science centuries ago, it had very little to do with Christianity, because everyone was a Christian anyways, and if you weren't, you were burned at the stake or tortured.

The practice of burning witches in the western world ended around the 18th century. Scientific racism, a product of evolution theory which gave rise to human zoos, and the eventual suicide of Ota Benga, the pygmy, was a product of the 20th century. Scientific racism still exists to some degree in this century.

https://www.washingtonpost.com...

Yeah, you should probably read up about that, Rod.

https://en.wikipedia.org...
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
RoderickSpode
Posts: 2,370
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/20/2016 3:49:24 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/20/2016 3:47:00 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 3/20/2016 3:35:52 PM, RoderickSpode wrote:
At 3/19/2016 7:43:24 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:


Yes, just after the Inquisitions and then 200 years later, Christians started burning witches and did so for a few hundred years more. How does that coincide with 200 years of developing the scientific method and it's origins?

So, it would be more correct to say that regardless of what was developed for science centuries ago, it had very little to do with Christianity, because everyone was a Christian anyways, and if you weren't, you were burned at the stake or tortured.

The practice of burning witches in the western world ended around the 18th century. Scientific racism, a product of evolution theory which gave rise to human zoos, and the eventual suicide of Ota Benga, the pygmy, was a product of the 20th century. Scientific racism still exists to some degree in this century.

https://www.washingtonpost.com...

Yeah, you should probably read up about that, Rod.

https://en.wikipedia.org...
I have read about it. Quite a bit. Did you expect a wiki page to go into detail on the subject?
DanneJeRusse
Posts: 12,560
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/20/2016 4:02:26 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/20/2016 3:49:24 PM, RoderickSpode wrote:
At 3/20/2016 3:47:00 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 3/20/2016 3:35:52 PM, RoderickSpode wrote:
At 3/19/2016 7:43:24 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:


Yes, just after the Inquisitions and then 200 years later, Christians started burning witches and did so for a few hundred years more. How does that coincide with 200 years of developing the scientific method and it's origins?

So, it would be more correct to say that regardless of what was developed for science centuries ago, it had very little to do with Christianity, because everyone was a Christian anyways, and if you weren't, you were burned at the stake or tortured.

The practice of burning witches in the western world ended around the 18th century. Scientific racism, a product of evolution theory which gave rise to human zoos, and the eventual suicide of Ota Benga, the pygmy, was a product of the 20th century. Scientific racism still exists to some degree in this century.

https://www.washingtonpost.com...

Yeah, you should probably read up about that, Rod.

https://en.wikipedia.org...
I have read about it. Quite a bit. Did you expect a wiki page to go into detail on the subject?

I provided that for you as it appeared you didn't know much about it, especially after linking that terrible article from the Washington Post dung heap.
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
RoderickSpode
Posts: 2,370
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/20/2016 4:04:16 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/20/2016 4:02:26 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 3/20/2016 3:49:24 PM, RoderickSpode wrote:
At 3/20/2016 3:47:00 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 3/20/2016 3:35:52 PM, RoderickSpode wrote:
At 3/19/2016 7:43:24 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:


Yes, just after the Inquisitions and then 200 years later, Christians started burning witches and did so for a few hundred years more. How does that coincide with 200 years of developing the scientific method and it's origins?

So, it would be more correct to say that regardless of what was developed for science centuries ago, it had very little to do with Christianity, because everyone was a Christian anyways, and if you weren't, you were burned at the stake or tortured.

The practice of burning witches in the western world ended around the 18th century. Scientific racism, a product of evolution theory which gave rise to human zoos, and the eventual suicide of Ota Benga, the pygmy, was a product of the 20th century. Scientific racism still exists to some degree in this century.

https://www.washingtonpost.com...

Yeah, you should probably read up about that, Rod.

https://en.wikipedia.org...
I have read about it. Quite a bit. Did you expect a wiki page to go into detail on the subject?

I provided that for you as it appeared you didn't know much about it, especially after linking that terrible article from the Washington Post dung heap.
Do you disagree with the article? Is it false information?
CodingSource
Posts: 350
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/20/2016 4:06:08 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/19/2016 6:30:08 PM, LittleBallofHATE wrote:
You hear it all the time. Christians are a bunch of Bible thumping, ignorant, superstious morons.
Time for a little history lesson. Turns out, Christians are the ones responsible for the rise of science and the scientific method.
http://www.evolutionnews.org...

And Christians are not anti science. They're anti evolution, which isn't real science. Disagree all you want. It's the truth.

+1. Evolution, like creation, is impossible to be proved because we don't have any time machine. Look at this: there are many gaps in the fossil records. How do we know that evolution actually happened? Therefore, the fossil record indicates that they come out of nowhere, not the thinking of survival of the fittest.
If computers have no doors or fences, who needs Windows and Gates?

I have a 10-0-0 debate record with an ELO ranking of 2,814. From 610th during my first two-week stay, I am now 326th in the Debates Leaderboard: http://www.debate.org...
Dirty.Harry
Posts: 1,559
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/20/2016 4:07:58 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/20/2016 4:06:08 PM, CodingSource wrote:
At 3/19/2016 6:30:08 PM, LittleBallofHATE wrote:
You hear it all the time. Christians are a bunch of Bible thumping, ignorant, superstious morons.
Time for a little history lesson. Turns out, Christians are the ones responsible for the rise of science and the scientific method.
http://www.evolutionnews.org...

And Christians are not anti science. They're anti evolution, which isn't real science. Disagree all you want. It's the truth.

+1. Evolution, like creation, is impossible to be proved because we don't have any time machine. Look at this: there are many gaps in the fossil records. How do we know that evolution actually happened? Therefore, the fossil record indicates that they come out of nowhere, not the thinking of survival of the fittest.

And nothing demonstrates this better than the Cambrian explosion, the thorn in the side of Darwinists.

Harry.
CodingSource
Posts: 350
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/20/2016 4:09:06 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/20/2016 4:07:58 PM, Dirty.Harry wrote:
At 3/20/2016 4:06:08 PM, CodingSource wrote:
At 3/19/2016 6:30:08 PM, LittleBallofHATE wrote:
You hear it all the time. Christians are a bunch of Bible thumping, ignorant, superstious morons.
Time for a little history lesson. Turns out, Christians are the ones responsible for the rise of science and the scientific method.
http://www.evolutionnews.org...

And Christians are not anti science. They're anti evolution, which isn't real science. Disagree all you want. It's the truth.

+1. Evolution, like creation, is impossible to be proved because we don't have any time machine. Look at this: there are many gaps in the fossil records. How do we know that evolution actually happened? Therefore, the fossil record indicates that they come out of nowhere, not the thinking of survival of the fittest.

And nothing demonstrates this better than the Cambrian explosion, the thorn in the side of Darwinists.

Harry.

)
If computers have no doors or fences, who needs Windows and Gates?

I have a 10-0-0 debate record with an ELO ranking of 2,814. From 610th during my first two-week stay, I am now 326th in the Debates Leaderboard: http://www.debate.org...
DanneJeRusse
Posts: 12,560
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/20/2016 4:11:26 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/20/2016 4:07:58 PM, Dirty.Harry wrote:
At 3/20/2016 4:06:08 PM, CodingSource wrote:
At 3/19/2016 6:30:08 PM, LittleBallofHATE wrote:
You hear it all the time. Christians are a bunch of Bible thumping, ignorant, superstious morons.
Time for a little history lesson. Turns out, Christians are the ones responsible for the rise of science and the scientific method.
http://www.evolutionnews.org...

And Christians are not anti science. They're anti evolution, which isn't real science. Disagree all you want. It's the truth.

+1. Evolution, like creation, is impossible to be proved because we don't have any time machine. Look at this: there are many gaps in the fossil records. How do we know that evolution actually happened? Therefore, the fossil record indicates that they come out of nowhere, not the thinking of survival of the fittest.

And nothing demonstrates this better than the Cambrian explosion, the thorn in the side of Darwinists.

Harry.

Unfortunately, we are once again having to see the smoke from Harry's a$$ pollute these forums. Harry does not understand evolution nor has he taken the time to understand the Cambrian era and is compelled to blow smoke about it for whatever reason he has conjured, to look the fool, most likely.
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
Dirty.Harry
Posts: 1,559
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/20/2016 4:14:04 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/20/2016 4:11:26 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 3/20/2016 4:07:58 PM, Dirty.Harry wrote:
At 3/20/2016 4:06:08 PM, CodingSource wrote:
At 3/19/2016 6:30:08 PM, LittleBallofHATE wrote:
You hear it all the time. Christians are a bunch of Bible thumping, ignorant, superstious morons.
Time for a little history lesson. Turns out, Christians are the ones responsible for the rise of science and the scientific method.
http://www.evolutionnews.org...

And Christians are not anti science. They're anti evolution, which isn't real science. Disagree all you want. It's the truth.

+1. Evolution, like creation, is impossible to be proved because we don't have any time machine. Look at this: there are many gaps in the fossil records. How do we know that evolution actually happened? Therefore, the fossil record indicates that they come out of nowhere, not the thinking of survival of the fittest.

And nothing demonstrates this better than the Cambrian explosion, the thorn in the side of Darwinists.

Harry.

Unfortunately, we are once again having to see the smoke from Harry's a$$ pollute these forums. Harry does not understand evolution nor has he taken the time to understand the Cambrian era and is compelled to blow smoke about it for whatever reason he has conjured, to look the fool, most likely.

Unfortunately, we are once again having to see the smoke from Dummie's a$$ pollute these forums. Dummy does not understand the Cambrian explosion nor has he taken the time to understand the Cambrian era and is compelled to blow smoke about it for whatever reason he has conjured, to look the fool, most likely.
DanneJeRusse
Posts: 12,560
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/20/2016 4:23:58 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/20/2016 4:14:04 PM, Dirty.Harry wrote:
At 3/20/2016 4:11:26 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 3/20/2016 4:07:58 PM, Dirty.Harry wrote:
At 3/20/2016 4:06:08 PM, CodingSource wrote:
At 3/19/2016 6:30:08 PM, LittleBallofHATE wrote:
You hear it all the time. Christians are a bunch of Bible thumping, ignorant, superstious morons.
Time for a little history lesson. Turns out, Christians are the ones responsible for the rise of science and the scientific method.
http://www.evolutionnews.org...

And Christians are not anti science. They're anti evolution, which isn't real science. Disagree all you want. It's the truth.

+1. Evolution, like creation, is impossible to be proved because we don't have any time machine. Look at this: there are many gaps in the fossil records. How do we know that evolution actually happened? Therefore, the fossil record indicates that they come out of nowhere, not the thinking of survival of the fittest.

And nothing demonstrates this better than the Cambrian explosion, the thorn in the side of Darwinists.

Harry.

Unfortunately, we are once again having to see the smoke from Harry's a$$ pollute these forums. Harry does not understand evolution nor has he taken the time to understand the Cambrian era and is compelled to blow smoke about it for whatever reason he has conjured, to look the fool, most likely.

Unfortunately, we are once again having to see the smoke from Dummie's a$$ pollute these forums. Dummy does not understand the Cambrian explosion nor has he taken the time to understand the Cambrian era and is compelled to blow smoke about it for whatever reason he has conjured, to look the fool, most likely.

There's plenty of information available, Harry, and it is information you probably don't understand anyways, but it does show the Cambrian era is not any kind of thorn in anyone's side but yours.

http://www.fossilmuseum.net...
http://www.burgess-shale.rom.on.ca...
http://www.evolution.berkeley.edu...

But, of course, you have no intention of learning anything about evolution and will continue to toss out childish remarks.
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
LittleBallofHATE
Posts: 284
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/20/2016 4:51:09 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/20/2016 9:37:59 AM, Fkkize wrote:
At 3/19/2016 8:05:08 PM, LittleBallofHATE wrote:
I love science. I read about it all the time. I just simply don't believe that I evolved

If you were to actually DO some science or read real publications instead of popscience articles, you would see how silly your posts are.

You claim the Bible is wrong about Creation, yet claim to be a Christian? Tell me. Is there anything else you believe that your Lord and Savior has lied about?
I would agree with you, but then we'd BOTH be wrong.