Total Posts:17|Showing Posts:1-17
Jump to topic:

What wold happen markII

Peternosaint
Posts: 1,166
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2016 12:42:43 AM
Posted: 8 months ago
This is a science post, right? If you put in a science question nearly everyone will try to answer the question, Right?

Appears that the only ones the dwell in the dim dark recesses of this post are the atheists and the evolutionists, who cannot speak without the catechism of evolutionary chants and a few Hail Mary's to the patron saint of the primordial slime, St. Charlie.
Skepticalone
Posts: 6,093
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2016 1:35:34 AM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/24/2016 12:42:43 AM, Peternosaint wrote:
This is a science post, right? If you put in a science question nearly everyone will try to answer the question, Right?

Appears that the only ones the dwell in the dim dark recesses of this post are the atheists and the evolutionists, who cannot speak without the catechism of evolutionary chants and a few Hail Mary's to the patron saint of the primordial slime, St. Charlie.

I hope you feel better getting all that off your chest.
This thread is like eavesdropping on a conversation in a mental asylum. - Bulproof

You can call your invisible friends whatever you like. - Desmac

What the hell kind of coked up sideshow has this thread turned into. - Casten
TBR
Posts: 9,991
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2016 5:14:49 AM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/24/2016 12:42:43 AM, Peternosaint wrote:
This is a science post, right?
Yes

If you put in a science question nearly everyone will try to answer the question, Right?
Yes

Appears that the only ones the dwell in the dim dark recesses of this post are the atheists and the evolutionists, who cannot speak without the catechism of evolutionary chants and a few Hail Mary's to the patron saint of the primordial slime, St. Charlie.

Seems I have answered your questions.
RuvDraba
Posts: 6,033
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2016 6:13:41 AM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/24/2016 12:42:43 AM, Peternosaint wrote:
This is a science post, right? If you put in a science question nearly everyone will try to answer the question, Right?
Appears that the only ones the dwell in the dim dark recesses of this post are the atheists and the evolutionists

There is no such thing as 'evolutionists', Peter -- there are biologists who accept evolution as valid product of best-practice scientific processes and generally agree on how most of it has occurred, and then there are people who trust scientific processes because they're very reliable and continuously improve but don't always understand the detail, and finally there are zealots who only accept science when it agrees with their unauthenticated revelations, and who fabricate unscientific objections when it doesn't.

One of the reasons atheists are often interested in science is that science has proven itself transparent, accurate, consistent, falsifiable, diligently improving, and fully accountable for its ignorance and error -- as religious dogma generally is not. Science respects peoples' intelligence as religious dogmatism never has, and admits participation from every culture, faith and creed, as religious dogmatism does not.

And a key reason you are reduced to insults rather than facts, Peter, is that you have no way to show the information you accept is reliable, but instead must appeal to your own self-satisfaction and vilify anyone who disagrees.

Which, for members used to meticulous evidence, transparent processes, broad and systematic diligence, and full accountability, can make you look rather silly.
autocorrect
Posts: 432
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2016 6:48:46 AM
Posted: 8 months ago
Is this another thread about that stupid ping pong ball in a metal tube bollocks? And you say it's a science thread. This is the intellectual equivalent of some tw@t setting fire to an I-phone on youtube. However, I've got an answer for you. Try it and see. But you can't because the scenario is unrealistic. Unless you've got a 15,000 foot vacuum chamber there's going to be lots of turbulence, such that the metal tube won't fall straight, but tumble end over end, and the ball would be ejected by centrifugal force. Oh, and just for the record - if you set fire to an iphone, you get a burnt iphone! Who'd have thought it??
Peternosaint
Posts: 1,166
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2016 9:14:25 AM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/24/2016 6:48:46 AM, autocorrect wrote:
Is this another thread about that stupid ping pong ball in a metal tube bollocks? And you say it's a science thread. This is the intellectual equivalent of some tw@t setting fire to an I-phone on youtube. However, I've got an answer for you. Try it and see. But you can't because the scenario is unrealistic. Unless you've got a 15,000 foot vacuum chamber there's going to be lots of turbulence, such that the metal tube won't fall straight, but tumble end over end, and the ball would be ejected by centrifugal force. Oh, and just for the record - if you set fire to an iphone, you get a burnt iphone! Who'd have thought it??

ME: As usual you didn't bother to read the question, thus you allow yourself the self inclined attitude of superiority, which is your way of showing how clever you ain't.

The distance was 14,000 feet, and for a reason, anyone with any sort of schooling would know why. I said the tube would need some aerodynamics attached to keep it on a vertical approach to the earth, you missed that as well. The pipe with a closed end would not tumble ad one end would be heavier.

Your Google got you an answer that if a Ping Pong Ball and a lump of lead were in a perfect vacuum and were dropped simultaneously etc etc, But my questions is beyond your reach as it needs some intelligence applied to the matter.

Leave it for the big boys autowhatever. and go an correct some kindy questions.
autocorrect
Posts: 432
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2016 3:55:55 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/24/2016 9:14:25 AM, Peternosaint wrote:
At 3/24/2016 6:48:46 AM, autocorrect wrote:
Is this another thread about that stupid ping pong ball in a metal tube bollocks? And you say it's a science thread. This is the intellectual equivalent of some tw@t setting fire to an I-phone on youtube. However, I've got an answer for you. Try it and see. But you can't because the scenario is unrealistic. Unless you've got a 15,000 foot vacuum chamber there's going to be lots of turbulence, such that the metal tube won't fall straight, but tumble end over end, and the ball would be ejected by centrifugal force. Oh, and just for the record - if you set fire to an iphone, you get a burnt iphone! Who'd have thought it??

ME: As usual you didn't bother to read the question, thus you allow yourself the self inclined attitude of superiority, which is your way of showing how clever you ain't.

The distance was 14,000 feet, and for a reason, anyone with any sort of schooling would know why. I said the tube would need some aerodynamics attached to keep it on a vertical approach to the earth, you missed that as well. The pipe with a closed end would not tumble ad one end would be heavier.

Your Google got you an answer that if a Ping Pong Ball and a lump of lead were in a perfect vacuum and were dropped simultaneously etc etc, But my questions is beyond your reach as it needs some intelligence applied to the matter.

Leave it for the big boys autowhatever. and go an correct some kindy questions.

Peter,
I apologize for my rudeness. Low blood sugar maybe. You're right that I don't understand the relevance of this - if it has any. I remain doubtful - but at least now I'm polite about it. As I have apologized, would you please explain the significance of your experiment? Why is it 14,000 feet. I didn't google it because I thought it was just some shyt you made up - so if it does have some significance of which I'm unaware I will consider myself duly schooled!
TBR
Posts: 9,991
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2016 9:01:07 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/24/2016 3:55:55 PM, autocorrect wrote:
At 3/24/2016 9:14:25 AM, Peternosaint wrote:
At 3/24/2016 6:48:46 AM, autocorrect wrote:
Is this another thread about that stupid ping pong ball in a metal tube bollocks? And you say it's a science thread. This is the intellectual equivalent of some tw@t setting fire to an I-phone on youtube. However, I've got an answer for you. Try it and see. But you can't because the scenario is unrealistic. Unless you've got a 15,000 foot vacuum chamber there's going to be lots of turbulence, such that the metal tube won't fall straight, but tumble end over end, and the ball would be ejected by centrifugal force. Oh, and just for the record - if you set fire to an iphone, you get a burnt iphone! Who'd have thought it??

ME: As usual you didn't bother to read the question, thus you allow yourself the self inclined attitude of superiority, which is your way of showing how clever you ain't.

The distance was 14,000 feet, and for a reason, anyone with any sort of schooling would know why. I said the tube would need some aerodynamics attached to keep it on a vertical approach to the earth, you missed that as well. The pipe with a closed end would not tumble ad one end would be heavier.

Your Google got you an answer that if a Ping Pong Ball and a lump of lead were in a perfect vacuum and were dropped simultaneously etc etc, But my questions is beyond your reach as it needs some intelligence applied to the matter.

Leave it for the big boys autowhatever. and go an correct some kindy questions.

Peter,
I apologize for my rudeness. Low blood sugar maybe. You're right that I don't understand the relevance of this - if it has any. I remain doubtful - but at least now I'm polite about it. As I have apologized, would you please explain the significance of your experiment? Why is it 14,000 feet. I didn't google it because I thought it was just some shyt you made up - so if it does have some significance of which I'm unaware I will consider myself duly schooled!

I just went looking for the first "what would happen" question. Yea, I got to wonder what the significance of the question is. Pipes doping, caps, tennis balls and odd undefined "aerodynamic" modifications?. Yea, run the experiment if it has value, or at-least let us in on what the point is.
Peternosaint
Posts: 1,166
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/25/2016 12:33:45 AM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/24/2016 3:55:55 PM, autocorrect wrote:
At 3/24/2016 9:14:25 AM, Peternosaint wrote:
At 3/24/2016 6:48:46 AM, autocorrect wrote:
Is this another thread about that stupid ping pong ball in a metal tube bollocks? And you say it's a science thread. This is the intellectual equivalent of some tw@t setting fire to an I-phone on youtube. However, I've got an answer for you. Try it and see. But you can't because the scenario is unrealistic. Unless you've got a 15,000 foot vacuum chamber there's going to be lots of turbulence, such that the metal tube won't fall straight, but tumble end over end, and the ball would be ejected by centrifugal force. Oh, and just for the record - if you set fire to an iphone, you get a burnt iphone! Who'd have thought it??

ME: As usual you didn't bother to read the question, thus you allow yourself the self inclined attitude of superiority, which is your way of showing how clever you ain't.

The distance was 14,000 feet, and for a reason, anyone with any sort of schooling would know why. I said the tube would need some aerodynamics attached to keep it on a vertical approach to the earth, you missed that as well. The pipe with a closed end would not tumble ad one end would be heavier.

Your Google got you an answer that if a Ping Pong Ball and a lump of lead were in a perfect vacuum and were dropped simultaneously etc etc, But my questions is beyond your reach as it needs some intelligence applied to the matter.

Leave it for the big boys autowhatever. and go an correct some kindy questions.

Peter,
I apologize for my rudeness. Low blood sugar maybe. You're right that I don't understand the relevance of this - if it has any. I remain doubtful - but at least now I'm polite about it. As I have apologized, would you please explain the significance of your experiment? Why is it 14,000 feet. I didn't google it because I thought it was just some shyt you made up - so if it does have some significance of which I'm unaware I will consider myself duly schooled!

ME: I am dubious about accepting your apology. I cannot see your eyes, so on your first insulting answer, I must leave you to your own thoughts.
Peternosaint
Posts: 1,166
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/25/2016 12:36:43 AM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/24/2016 6:13:41 AM, RuvDraba wrote:
At 3/24/2016 12:42:43 AM, Peternosaint wrote:
This is a science post, right? If you put in a science question nearly everyone will try to answer the question, Right?
Appears that the only ones the dwell in the dim dark recesses of this post are the atheists and the evolutionists

There is no such thing as 'evolutionists', Peter -- there are biologists who accept evolution as valid product of best-practice scientific processes and generally agree on how most of it has occurred, and then there are people who trust scientific processes because they're very reliable and continuously improve but don't always understand the detail, and finally there are zealots who only accept science when it agrees with their unauthenticated revelations, and who fabricate unscientific objections when it doesn't.

One of the reasons atheists are often interested in science is that science has proven itself transparent, accurate, consistent, falsifiable, diligently improving, and fully accountable for its ignorance and error -- as religious dogma generally is not. Science respects peoples' intelligence as religious dogmatism never has, and admits participation from every culture, faith and creed, as religious dogmatism does not.

And a key reason you are reduced to insults rather than facts, Peter, is that you have no way to show the information you accept is reliable, but instead must appeal to your own self-satisfaction and vilify anyone who disagrees.

Which, for members used to meticulous evidence, transparent processes, broad and systematic diligence, and full accountability, can make you look rather silly.

ME: And all this from the dumbest of the dumb posters that disgrace these pages. I can only take it as a compliment, as there is nothing less than anything you say.
RuvDraba
Posts: 6,033
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/25/2016 2:35:10 AM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/25/2016 12:36:43 AM, Peternosaint wrote:
At 3/24/2016 6:13:41 AM, RuvDraba wrote:
At 3/24/2016 12:42:43 AM, Peternosaint wrote:
This is a science post, right? If you put in a science question nearly everyone will try to answer the question, Right?
Appears that the only ones the dwell in the dim dark recesses of this post are the atheists and the evolutionists

There is no such thing as 'evolutionists', Peter -- there are biologists who accept evolution as valid product of best-practice scientific processes and generally agree on how most of it has occurred, and then there are people who trust scientific processes because they're very reliable and continuously improve but don't always understand the detail, and finally there are zealots who only accept science when it agrees with their unauthenticated revelations, and who fabricate unscientific objections when it doesn't.

One of the reasons atheists are often interested in science is that science has proven itself transparent, accurate, consistent, falsifiable, diligently improving, and fully accountable for its ignorance and error -- as religious dogma generally is not. Science respects peoples' intelligence as religious dogmatism never has, and admits participation from every culture, faith and creed, as religious dogmatism does not.

And a key reason you are reduced to insults rather than facts, Peter, is that you have no way to show the information you accept is reliable, but instead must appeal to your own self-satisfaction and vilify anyone who disagrees.

Which, for members used to meticulous evidence, transparent processes, broad and systematic diligence, and full accountability, can make you look rather silly.

ME: And all this from the dumbest of the dumb posters that disgrace these pages.

Just for info, Peter, those colons that precede quotes, linking up to the timestamp attributions at top are meant to provide a visual indication of who has said what. I suspect that no members need you to tag your own responses with 'ME: ' -- though perhaps it makes you feel better to do so. :)

And if it does make you feel better then please, by all means, precede your posts with 'ME' in all caps. Such attention-seeking really makes the tone of your posts, just as your post itself helped make my earlier point: that you quickly turn to insult when you run out of facts. :)
Peternosaint
Posts: 1,166
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/25/2016 7:43:34 AM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/24/2016 9:01:07 PM, TBR wrote:
At 3/24/2016 3:55:55 PM, autocorrect wrote:
At 3/24/2016 9:14:25 AM, Peternosaint wrote:
At 3/24/2016 6:48:46 AM, autocorrect wrote:
Is this another thread about that stupid ping pong ball in a metal tube bollocks? And you say it's a science thread. This is the intellectual equivalent of some tw@t setting fire to an I-phone on youtube. However, I've got an answer for you. Try it and see. But you can't because the scenario is unrealistic. Unless you've got a 15,000 foot vacuum chamber there's going to be lots of turbulence, such that the metal tube won't fall straight, but tumble end over end, and the ball would be ejected by centrifugal force. Oh, and just for the record - if you set fire to an iphone, you get a burnt iphone! Who'd have thought it??

ME: As usual you didn't bother to read the question, thus you allow yourself the self inclined attitude of superiority, which is your way of showing how clever you ain't.

The distance was 14,000 feet, and for a reason, anyone with any sort of schooling would know why. I said the tube would need some aerodynamics attached to keep it on a vertical approach to the earth, you missed that as well. The pipe with a closed end would not tumble ad one end would be heavier.

Your Google got you an answer that if a Ping Pong Ball and a lump of lead were in a perfect vacuum and were dropped simultaneously etc etc, But my questions is beyond your reach as it needs some intelligence applied to the matter.

Leave it for the big boys autowhatever. and go an correct some kindy questions.

Peter,
I apologize for my rudeness. Low blood sugar maybe. You're right that I don't understand the relevance of this - if it has any. I remain doubtful - but at least now I'm polite about it. As I have apologized, would you please explain the significance of your experiment? Why is it 14,000 feet. I didn't google it because I thought it was just some shyt you made up - so if it does have some significance of which I'm unaware I will consider myself duly schooled!

I just went looking for the first "what would happen" question. Yea, I got to wonder what the significance of the question is. Pipes doping, caps, tennis balls and odd undefined "aerodynamic" modifications?. Yea, run the experiment if it has value, or at-least let us in on what the point is.

ME: It is not scientific to answer a question with a question, if it is science you need to determine that a question exists, and then you can work on answering that question; however, in your case, it appears that you have read something from another post, or is that another planet. What you have stated has nothing to do with the question.
Peternosaint
Posts: 1,166
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/25/2016 7:46:28 AM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/25/2016 2:35:10 AM, RuvDraba wrote:
At 3/25/2016 12:36:43 AM, Peternosaint wrote:
At 3/24/2016 6:13:41 AM, RuvDraba wrote:
At 3/24/2016 12:42:43 AM, Peternosaint wrote:
This is a science post, right? If you put in a science question nearly everyone will try to answer the question, Right?
Appears that the only ones the dwell in the dim dark recesses of this post are the atheists and the evolutionists

There is no such thing as 'evolutionists', Peter -- there are biologists who accept evolution as valid product of best-practice scientific processes and generally agree on how most of it has occurred, and then there are people who trust scientific processes because they're very reliable and continuously improve but don't always understand the detail, and finally there are zealots who only accept science when it agrees with their unauthenticated revelations, and who fabricate unscientific objections when it doesn't.

One of the reasons atheists are often interested in science is that science has proven itself transparent, accurate, consistent, falsifiable, diligently improving, and fully accountable for its ignorance and error -- as religious dogma generally is not. Science respects peoples' intelligence as religious dogmatism never has, and admits participation from every culture, faith and creed, as religious dogmatism does not.

And a key reason you are reduced to insults rather than facts, Peter, is that you have no way to show the information you accept is reliable, but instead must appeal to your own self-satisfaction and vilify anyone who disagrees.

Which, for members used to meticulous evidence, transparent processes, broad and systematic diligence, and full accountability, can make you look rather silly.

ME: And all this from the dumbest of the dumb posters that disgrace these pages.

Just for info, Peter, those colons that precede quotes, linking up to the timestamp attributions at top are meant to provide a visual indication of who has said what. I suspect that no members need you to tag your own responses with 'ME: ' -- though perhaps it makes you feel better to do so. :)

And if it does make you feel better then please, by all means, precede your posts with 'ME' in all caps. Such attention-seeking really makes the tone of your posts, just as your post itself helped make my earlier point: that you quickly turn to insult when you run out of facts. :)

ME: YUP!!!!
autocorrect
Posts: 432
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/25/2016 8:12:47 AM
Posted: 8 months ago
Why not come up with a better scenario Peter, for part II? Or were you hoping that others would come up with other what would happen scenarios? Y'know, given that yours was pointless and stupid. Like what would happen if you had a spaceship able to travel at the speed of light when you turned the headlamps on? Or what would happen if you had a time machine, traveled forward a day and discovered you had died?
TBR
Posts: 9,991
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/25/2016 3:13:11 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/25/2016 7:43:34 AM, Peternosaint wrote:
At 3/24/2016 9:01:07 PM, TBR wrote:
At 3/24/2016 3:55:55 PM, autocorrect wrote:
At 3/24/2016 9:14:25 AM, Peternosaint wrote:
At 3/24/2016 6:48:46 AM, autocorrect wrote:
Is this another thread about that stupid ping pong ball in a metal tube bollocks? And you say it's a science thread. This is the intellectual equivalent of some tw@t setting fire to an I-phone on youtube. However, I've got an answer for you. Try it and see. But you can't because the scenario is unrealistic. Unless you've got a 15,000 foot vacuum chamber there's going to be lots of turbulence, such that the metal tube won't fall straight, but tumble end over end, and the ball would be ejected by centrifugal force. Oh, and just for the record - if you set fire to an iphone, you get a burnt iphone! Who'd have thought it??

ME: As usual you didn't bother to read the question, thus you allow yourself the self inclined attitude of superiority, which is your way of showing how clever you ain't.

The distance was 14,000 feet, and for a reason, anyone with any sort of schooling would know why. I said the tube would need some aerodynamics attached to keep it on a vertical approach to the earth, you missed that as well. The pipe with a closed end would not tumble ad one end would be heavier.

Your Google got you an answer that if a Ping Pong Ball and a lump of lead were in a perfect vacuum and were dropped simultaneously etc etc, But my questions is beyond your reach as it needs some intelligence applied to the matter.

Leave it for the big boys autowhatever. and go an correct some kindy questions.

Peter,
I apologize for my rudeness. Low blood sugar maybe. You're right that I don't understand the relevance of this - if it has any. I remain doubtful - but at least now I'm polite about it. As I have apologized, would you please explain the significance of your experiment? Why is it 14,000 feet. I didn't google it because I thought it was just some shyt you made up - so if it does have some significance of which I'm unaware I will consider myself duly schooled!

I just went looking for the first "what would happen" question. Yea, I got to wonder what the significance of the question is. Pipes doping, caps, tennis balls and odd undefined "aerodynamic" modifications?. Yea, run the experiment if it has value, or at-least let us in on what the point is.

ME: It is not scientific to answer a question with a question, if it is science you need to determine that a question exists, and then you can work on answering that question; however, in your case, it appears that you have read something from another post, or is that another planet. What you have stated has nothing to do with the question.

Sure it is. I am helping you refine the question into something that can be evaluated. Also asking why you want to evaluate it is a very reasonable question in getting to the proper design for the test.

If you are interested in THIS thread only, well, I answered each of your questions completely. Look at my first response.
Peternosaint
Posts: 1,166
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/27/2016 1:05:59 AM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/25/2016 8:12:47 AM, autocorrect wrote:
Why not come up with a better scenario Peter, for part II? Or were you hoping that others would come up with other what would happen scenarios? Y'know, given that yours was pointless and stupid. Like what would happen if you had a spaceship able to travel at the speed of light when you turned the headlamps on? Or what would happen if you had a time machine, traveled forward a day and discovered you had died?

ME: Your head seems cluttered with these type of questions, but what I am interested in here is, can a person ask any question they wish without getting 'slam dunked' with abuse in insults? ( I should get a count from this question)

I haven't had a look, but I do not think the score for the good guys is very high in this game.