Total Posts:7|Showing Posts:1-7
Jump to topic:

Anti-biotic immune bacteria found in China

UtherPenguin
Posts: 3,872
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/25/2016 9:27:54 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Bacteria and other viruses have grown progressively more resistant to modern anti-biotics, possibly culminating in a superbug that is entirely immune to all modern medical lines of defence.

Currently, Callestan is used as said "last line of defence" for dealing with the most difficult bacteria. Feeding Callestan to livestock has been common practice in Chinese farms for years, possibly creating a bacteria that could be immune to all known antibiotics. In fact, several of these bacteria have already been found in China.

Thoughts?
Debate.org Moderator
Skepticalone
Posts: 6,562
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/26/2016 12:48:46 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/25/2016 9:27:54 PM, UtherPenguin wrote:
Bacteria and other viruses have grown progressively more resistant to modern anti-biotics, possibly culminating in a superbug that is entirely immune to all modern medical lines of defence.

Currently, Callestan is used as said "last line of defence" for dealing with the most difficult bacteria. Feeding Callestan to livestock has been common practice in Chinese farms for years, possibly creating a bacteria that could be immune to all known antibiotics. In fact, several of these bacteria have already been found in China.

Thoughts?

It may not be the "post antibiotic" era, but it is only a matter of time until antibiotics are completely useless. The sad part is we're hastening this by ignorant practices.

I know of an antibiotic alternative that is/was being developed in 2014, but I don't know how far along it is currently. It is a lipid based bait trap for bacteria which doesn't contribute to resistance.

https://www.sciencedaily.com...
The moment you declare a set of ideas to be immune from criticism, satire, derision, or contempt, freedom of thought becomes impossible. - Salman Rushdie

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts. - Bertrand Russell
Akhenaten
Posts: 938
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/26/2016 1:05:23 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/25/2016 9:27:54 PM, UtherPenguin wrote:
Bacteria and other viruses have grown progressively more resistant to modern anti-biotics, possibly culminating in a superbug that is entirely immune to all modern medical lines of defence.

Currently, Callestan is used as said "last line of defence" for dealing with the most difficult bacteria. Feeding Callestan to livestock has been common practice in Chinese farms for years, possibly creating a bacteria that could be immune to all known antibiotics. In fact, several of these bacteria have already been found in China.



Thoughts?

Bacteria don't make you sick in the first place. Thus, your whole understanding of disaese is wrong.
UtherPenguin
Posts: 3,872
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/26/2016 6:47:32 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/26/2016 12:48:46 AM, Skepticalone wrote:
At 3/25/2016 9:27:54 PM, UtherPenguin wrote:
Bacteria and other viruses have grown progressively more resistant to modern anti-biotics, possibly culminating in a superbug that is entirely immune to all modern medical lines of defence.

Currently, Callestan is used as said "last line of defence" for dealing with the most difficult bacteria. Feeding Callestan to livestock has been common practice in Chinese farms for years, possibly creating a bacteria that could be immune to all known antibiotics. In fact, several of these bacteria have already been found in China.

Thoughts?

It may not be the "post antibiotic" era, but it is only a matter of time until antibiotics are completely useless. The sad part is we're hastening this by ignorant practices.

I know of an antibiotic alternative that is/was being developed in 2014, but I don't know how far along it is currently. It is a lipid based bait trap for bacteria which doesn't contribute to resistance.

https://www.sciencedaily.com...

Last time I checked (correct me if I'm wrong), it would take very long (roughly a decade at least) to develop a new antibiotic, especially one so recent in development.
Debate.org Moderator
Leugen9001
Posts: 495
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/26/2016 7:53:57 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/26/2016 1:05:23 PM, Akhenaten wrote:
At 3/25/2016 9:27:54 PM, UtherPenguin wrote:
Bacteria and other viruses have grown progressively more resistant to modern anti-biotics, possibly culminating in a superbug that is entirely immune to all modern medical lines of defence.

Currently, Callestan is used as said "last line of defence" for dealing with the most difficult bacteria. Feeding Callestan to livestock has been common practice in Chinese farms for years, possibly creating a bacteria that could be immune to all known antibiotics. In fact, several of these bacteria have already been found in China.



Thoughts?

Bacteria don't make you sick in the first place. Thus, your whole understanding of disaese is wrong.
Hello! This is the science forum. The pseudoscience forum is that way. -->

Sorry, but germ theory has been proven since people like Koch.
:) nac
Akhenaten
Posts: 938
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/26/2016 11:38:00 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/26/2016 7:53:57 PM, Leugen9001 wrote:
At 3/26/2016 1:05:23 PM, Akhenaten wrote:
At 3/25/2016 9:27:54 PM, UtherPenguin wrote:
Bacteria and other viruses have grown progressively more resistant to modern anti-biotics, possibly culminating in a superbug that is entirely immune to all modern medical lines of defence.

Currently, Callestan is used as said "last line of defence" for dealing with the most difficult bacteria. Feeding Callestan to livestock has been common practice in Chinese farms for years, possibly creating a bacteria that could be immune to all known antibiotics. In fact, several of these bacteria have already been found in China.



Thoughts?

Bacteria don't make you sick in the first place. Thus, your whole understanding of disaese is wrong.
Hello! This is the science forum. The pseudoscience forum is that way. -->

Sorry, but germ theory has been proven since people like Koch.

Germ theory doesn't strictly follow any of Koch's postulates. Thus, I am right and you are wrong.

http://www.naturalnews.com...
NothingSpecial99
Posts: 597
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/27/2016 12:25:39 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/25/2016 9:27:54 PM, UtherPenguin wrote:
Bacteria and other viruses have grown progressively more resistant to modern anti-biotics, possibly culminating in a superbug that is entirely immune to all modern medical lines of defence.

Currently, Callestan is used as said "last line of defence" for dealing with the most difficult bacteria. Feeding Callestan to livestock has been common practice in Chinese farms for years, possibly creating a bacteria that could be immune to all known antibiotics. In fact, several of these bacteria have already been found in China.



Thoughts?

By creating an artificial environment where any bacterial competition for the anti-biotic resistant bacteria gets wiped out allowing the population to multiply, it is us who created this mess
Check your facts, not your privilege -- Christina Hoff Sommers

Trigger warning!! Trigger warning!! This is Ben Shapiro Thug Life. Trigger warning!! The Thug Life chose me. -- Ben Shapiro