bigotry
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2016 3:48:39 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/30/2016 5:13:41 AM, Axonly wrote:
Out of curiousity....When did you get your degree in biology? (Or PhD) c:
Where did you study? What field do you work in now? Heres a list of some people not on this forum.

http://www.creationists.org...
Axonly
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2016 7:40:39 PM
At 3/30/2016 4:40:58 PM, UUU wrote:
Axonly,

Does a fruit gets sweeter if branded?

Depends, do you add the label after it has had a sweetener added to it?
Meh!
Axonly
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2016 7:48:28 PM
At 3/30/2016 3:48:39 PM, bigotry wrote:
Where did you study? What field do you work in now? Heres a list of some people not on this forum.

I count only one (Or two if you include Dr Damadian) Biologists in that list.

I am currently doing a double major in Zoology and Ecology, but that is aside from the point, since I am not attempting to argue against the scientific consensus which is backed up and supported by the vast majority of biologists in the world.
Meh!
bigotry
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2016 9:44:32 PM
At 3/30/2016 7:48:28 PM, Axonly wrote:

You asked and I delivered...

I am currently doing a double major in Zoology and Ecology, but that is aside from the point, since I am not attempting to argue against the scientific consensus which is backed up and supported by the vast majority of biologists in the world.

OK so you haven't even graduated. Let me ask, what relevancy to human anatomy and physiology do your current studies give you?
What principal proves majority consensus always coincides with reality?
Axonly
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2016 11:12:35 PM
At 3/30/2016 9:44:32 PM, bigotry wrote:

OK so you haven't even graduated. Let me ask, what relevancy to human anatomy and physiology do your current studies give you?

The fact that in modern times, majority scientific consensus means that it (evolution) is one of the most rigorously tested theories we have?

Additionally, evolution isn't limited to human anatomy and physiology (Creationist seem to care more about human origin than species origin).
Meh!
bigotry
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2016 5:47:12 AM
At 3/30/2016 11:12:35 PM, Axonly wrote:

The fact that in modern times, majority scientific consensus means that it (evolution) is one of the most rigorously tested theories we have?

Additionally, evolution isn't limited to human anatomy and physiology (Creationist seem to care more about human origin than species origin).

Ah the young college student. So eager to trust the what he or she is told about the world around them. Not much I could have said to myself im those days. All I can say is good luck to ya!
Axonly
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2016 6:07:53 AM
At 3/31/2016 5:47:12 AM, bigotry wrote:

Ah the young college student. So eager to trust the what he or she is told about the world around them. Not much I could have said to myself im those days. All I can say is good luck to ya!

Isn't that exactly what you're doing by relying on the bible? (I assume you are against evolution for religious reasons, there are very few evolution deniers who are not religiously motivated)
Meh!
bigotry
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2016 6:18:26 AM
At 3/31/2016 6:07:53 AM, Axonly wrote:

Isn't that exactly what you're doing by relying on the bible? (I assume you are against evolution for religious reasons, there are very few evolution deniers who are not religiously motivated)
No Iv just always thought it to be bad science and outdated conclusions. I came to this conclusion after delving into the topic and after studying for radiography. Any biology and science based class Iv ever had seemed to detatch evolution more and more from reality. I also do believe in the bible as it being the word of God. But some of the books of the bible (it does contain 66 books) have stood the test of time for at least 3,000-4,000 years. I dont know of too many assertions that have stood that test of time and gotten away with it out of convenience. The modern science community however changes their concenus like the wind because they choose to not assume ANYthing outside of what can be verified in a laboratory.
Axonly
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2016 6:27:14 AM
At 3/31/2016 6:18:26 AM, bigotry wrote:

No Iv just always thought it to be bad science and outdated conclusions. I came to this conclusion after delving into the topic and after studying for radiography. Any biology and science based class Iv ever had seemed to detatch evolution more and more from reality. I also do believe in the bible as it being the word of God. But some of the books of the bible (it does contain 66 books) have stood the test of time for at least 3,000-4,000 years. I dont know of too many assertions that have stood that test of time and gotten away with it out of convenience. The modern science community however changes their concenus like the wind because they choose to not assume ANYthing outside of what can be verified in a laboratory.

k then c:
Meh!
autocorrect
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2016 7:33:05 AM
At 3/31/2016 6:27:14 AM, Axonly wrote:

k then c:

I read Homer's Odyssey recently. That's 4,000 years old and still entirely comprehensible. It's amazing just how sophisticated it is, given how old it is.
Science on the other hand is a relatively new development, and getting newer all the time. Comparing science to Homer's Odyssey however, would be comparing apples and anthills. They're not even remotely the same thing, not intended for the same purpose, nor written for the same audience. While it says in Homer's Odyssey that there's an island two days sailing beyond the Pillars of Hercules - inhabited by a queen and her female subjects, I don't believe that's true in the sense that science is true. Which is not to say that the Pillars of Hercules don't actually exist; they do, and the island probably has some metaphorical meaning I missed while enjoying the story. But it's not literally true, in the way science aspires to literal truth. So comparing them would be foolish.
DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2016 1:06:48 PM

No Iv just always thought it to be bad science and outdated conclusions. I came to this conclusion after delving into the topic and after studying for radiography. Any biology and science based class Iv ever had seemed to detatch evolution more and more from reality.

And yet, evolution is reality and any biology class will certainly show that.

I also do believe in the bible as it being the word of God.

Which is the reason you and other believers deny evolution.

But some of the books of the bible (it does contain 66 books) have stood the test of time for at least 3,000-4,000 years. I dont know of too many assertions that have stood that test of time and gotten away with it out of convenience.

Unfortunately, the bible does not stand the tests of reason, rationale, logic and various other methods other reality based subjects pass. And of course, many who choose to question the Bible those many centuries were usually put to death.

The modern science community however changes their concenus like the wind because they choose to not assume ANYthing outside of what can be verified in a laboratory.

Like the wind? LOL.
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
bigotry
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2016 2:31:28 PM
At 3/31/2016 1:06:48 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:

No Iv just always thought it to be bad science and outdated conclusions. I came to this conclusion after delving into the topic and after studying for radiography. Any biology and science based class Iv ever had seemed to detatch evolution more and more from reality.

No

But some of the books of the bible (it does contain 66 books) have stood the test of time for at least 3,000-4,000 years. I dont know of too many assertions that have stood that test of time and gotten away with it out of convenience.

Unfortunately, the bible does not stand the tests of reason, rationale, logic and various other methods other reality based subjects pass. And of course, many who choose to question the Bible those many centuries were usually put to death.
Ah wrong again buddy boy

The modern science community however changes their concenus like the wind because they choose to not assume ANYthing outside of what can be verified in a laboratory.

Like the wind? LOL.
I do find it funny myself!
DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2016 2:37:54 PM
At 3/31/2016 2:31:28 PM, bigotry wrote:

No

Yes, it does, no need to lie about that.

Ah wrong again buddy boy

Yes, the Inquisitions were just a myth.

Like the wind? LOL.

It's clearly a fabrication on your part.
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
bigotry
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2016 2:57:32 PM
At 3/31/2016 2:37:54 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:

No

Uh no...I even had an human anatomy and physiology professor/doctor that explained the field could never be understood in evolutionary terms. Truth be told they are 100% right.

Ah wrong again buddy boy

so what about the inquisitions?

Like the wind? LOL.

Ok
DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2016 3:06:45 PM
At 3/31/2016 2:57:32 PM, bigotry wrote:

No

Uh no...I even had an human anatomy and physiology professor/doctor that explained the field could never be understood in evolutionary terms. Truth be told they are 100% right.

You are either lying about that or that so called professor/doctor is a complete idiot.

Ah wrong again buddy boy

Never heard of them?

Like the wind? LOL.

Ok
bigotry
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2016 3:34:42 PM
At 3/31/2016 3:06:45 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:

No

You are either lying about that or that so called professor/doctor is a complete idiot.
I find it interesting that someone without the credentials to do so would call someone that disagrees with them an idiot. I completely disagree with laurance krauss or Dawkins for example but I would never say they are an idiot or their argument is nonsensical. Thats really highlights a difference!

Ah wrong again buddy boy

Never heard of them?
Oh yea, Im just asking you, what about it?

Like the wind? LOL.

Ok
DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2016 3:37:39 PM
At 3/31/2016 3:34:42 PM, bigotry wrote:

No

I find it interesting that someone without the credentials to do so would call someone that disagrees with them an idiot. I completely disagree with laurance krauss or Dawkins for example but I would never say they are an idiot or their argument is nonsensical. Thats really highlights a difference!

Sure, you can disagree with Krauss or Dawkins, on what I have no idea. I too would disagree with either one of them if they said something as stupid as your professor/doctor.

Ah wrong again buddy boy

Never heard of them?

Like the wind? LOL.

Ok
bigotry
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2016 4:13:36 PM
At 3/31/2016 3:37:39 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:

No

Sure, you can disagree with Krauss or Dawkins, on what I have no idea. I too would disagree with either one of them if they said something as stupid as your professor/doctor.
Well yea saying something stupid like humans got here through evolution or plants and animals got here through evolution is a dumb statement indeed. I mean you put it up to the scientific method and it fails.

Ah wrong again buddy boy

Never heard of them?

Like the wind? LOL.

Ok
DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2016 4:21:29 PM
At 3/31/2016 4:13:36 PM, bigotry wrote:

No

Well yea saying something stupid like humans got here through evolution or plants and animals got here through evolution is a dumb statement indeed. I mean you put it up to the scientific method and it fails.

Typical dishonest believer, compelled to lie in order to preserve myth and superstition.

Ah wrong again buddy boy

Never heard of them?

Like the wind? LOL.

Ok
bigotry
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2016 4:30:32 PM
At 3/31/2016 4:21:29 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:

No

Typical dishonest believer, compelled to lie in order to preserve myth and superstition.
When you want to do more than whine about the fact people are waking up to the biggest scientific lie of our age Ill be happy to continue.

Ah wrong again buddy boy

Never heard of them?

Like the wind? LOL.

Ok
DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2016 4:38:19 PM
At 3/31/2016 4:30:32 PM, bigotry wrote:

No

When you want to do more than whine about the fact people are waking up to the biggest scientific lie of our age Ill be happy to continue.

LOL. Pointing out your lies = whining.

Ah wrong again buddy boy

Never heard of them?

Like the wind? LOL.

Ok
bigotry
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2016 4:53:30 PM
At 3/31/2016 4:38:19 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:

No

Did I just hear a baby rattle? Your still yet to address plant evolution in the plant evolution model thread or even here.

Ah wrong again buddy boy

Never heard of them?

Like the wind? LOL.

Ok
DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2016 4:57:28 PM
At 3/31/2016 4:53:30 PM, bigotry wrote:

No

Did I just hear a baby rattle?

Perhaps, shake your head again to confirm.

Your still yet to address plant evolution in the plant evolution model thread or even here.

Ah wrong again buddy boy

Never heard of them?

Like the wind? LOL.

Ok
bigotry
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2016 5:00:27 PM
At 3/31/2016 4:57:28 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 3/31/2016 4:53:30 PM, bigotry wrote:

No

Did I just hear a baby rattle?

Perhaps, shake your head again to confirm.
Thats it?

Your still yet to address plant evolution in the plant evolution model thread or even here.

Ah wrong again buddy boy

Never heard of them?

Like the wind? LOL.

Ok
Skynet
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2016 5:14:52 AM

What do you think of all the people who do believe in evolution, who don't have a degree in biology, etc.?
One perk to being a dad is you get to watch cartoons again without explaining yourself.
Axonly
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2016 5:16:29 AM
At 4/1/2016 5:14:52 AM, Skynet wrote:

What do you think of all the people who do believe in evolution, who don't have a degree in biology, etc.?

That they are agreeing with the scientific consensus?
Meh!
Skynet
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2016 5:23:46 AM
At 4/1/2016 5:16:29 AM, Axonly wrote:
At 4/1/2016 5:14:52 AM, Skynet wrote:

That they are agreeing with the scientific consensus?

The uneducated people going along with the consensus are just as blindly trusting as the uneducated people going against it. Neither of them can verify or deny the claims with any certainty because they don't have the knowledge to do so. Why is one of them better than the other?
One perk to being a dad is you get to watch cartoons again without explaining yourself.