Jump to topic:

Humans In Space . . .

SuperRobotWars
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/18/2010 3:39:37 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
We will mot likely modify our genomes to be better suited for space but the main thing is that spacemen will in essence be black people for melanin makes us more impervious to radiation we tend to have thicker bones and is a advantage to decrease the rate of bone-loss (a similar thing can be applied to muscles) so what do you all think about this?
Minister Of Trolling
: At 12/6/2011 2:21:41 PM, badger wrote:
: ugly people should beat beautiful people ugly. simple! you'd be killing two birds with the one stone... women like violent men and you're making yourself more attractive, relatively. i met a blonde dude who was prettier than me not so long ago. he's not so pretty now! ha!
:
: ...and well, he wasn't really prettier than me. he just had nice hair.
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/18/2010 6:28:25 PM
At 11/18/2010 3:39:37 PM, SuperRobotWars wrote:
We will mot likely modify our genomes to be better suited for space but the main thing is that spacemen will in essence be black people for melanin makes us more impervious to radiation we tend to have thicker bones and is a advantage to decrease the rate of bone-loss (a similar thing can be applied to muscles) so what do you all think about this?

It's easier to build a space ship that protects us from radiation, then it is to alter our skin (which God knows what side effects we may end up with).

Any kind of extended stay in space would likely require a gravity generater (using centripital force, of course), since the point is likely to be able to visit other planets (where gravity will come back into play).

Really, what we will likely do is build machines to do it for us, not alter ourselves.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
SuperRobotWars
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/19/2010 4:23:55 AM
At 11/18/2010 6:28:25 PM, OreEle wrote:

It's easier to build a space ship that protects us from radiation, then it is to alter our skin (which God knows what side effects we may end up with).

Any kind of extended stay in space would likely require a gravity generater (using centripital force, of course), since the point is likely to be able to visit other planets (where gravity will come back into play).

Really, what we will likely do is build machines to do it for us, not alter ourselves.

But you have to remember it is still more expensive to build large spacecraft than it is to modify our genome for we already know how to do it it will take several years for us to amount the proper materials in space and construct it their plus sometimes you will have to deal with conditions without those luxuries in space every once in awhile modifying the genome also will allow for elongated space missions instead of current missions limited by our own biology.
Minister Of Trolling
: ugly people should beat beautiful people ugly. simple! you'd be killing two birds with the one stone... women like violent men and you're making yourself more attractive, relatively. i met a blonde dude who was prettier than me not so long ago. he's not so pretty now! ha!
:
Floid
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/19/2010 4:37:53 AM
We will mot likely modify our genomes to be better suited for space but the main thing is that spacemen will in essence be black people for melanin makes us more impervious to radiation

Melanin helps with problems to ultraviolet radiation which isn't the type of radiation you are worried about in space. The biggest threat to in space is particle radiation, which isn't a electromagnetic radiation but instead subatomic particles emitted by stars. No amount of melanin will protect you from them.

we tend to have thicker bones and is a advantage to decrease the rate of bone-loss (a similar thing can be applied to muscles) so what do you all think about this?

That is certainly possible but most likely no amount of genetic engineering would prevent the longer term bone and muscle loss experienced in no gravity. We will have to find a way to either simulate gravity or provide proper equipment for exercising/apply loads to our bodies to prevent the deterioration.
Veridas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/19/2010 5:41:13 AM

Melanin pigment protects from continuous and harsh exposure to the sun. However all of us are partially shielded from the sun's heat and radiation by our atmosphere. What you're equipped with is effectively the same as wearing cardboard bodyarmour compared to direct exposure.

Additionally, if your bones are bigger to begin with then you must proportionately require them to be that size, therefore you will suffer just as much because your bones will still shrink. Besides which, you're generalising.
What fresh dickery is the internet up to today?
SuperRobotWars
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/19/2010 12:52:24 PM
I never said anything about 100% protection I said it allows us to stay in space a wee bit longer and I also said we would genetically engineer peopled for space they would look lie black people READ!!!
Minister Of Trolling
:
Floid
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/19/2010 1:33:17 PM
At 11/19/2010 12:52:24 PM, SuperRobotWars wrote:
I never said anything about 100% protection I said it allows us to stay in space a wee bit longer and I also said we would genetically engineer peopled for space they would look lie black people READ!!!

A little basic math exercise for you. As I stated before, melanin provides 0% protection from the type of radiation that is dangerous to humans in space. So lets say we genetically engineered humans to have 2x the melanin in their skin that they have now, how much longer could they stay in space?

0 increase in protection x 2 = 0, so doubling the amount of melanin would increase a humans resistance to particle radiation by 0%. Therefore, there is no increase in the time we could safetly spend in space with out external radiation protection.

Now, as a thought experiment and to demonstrate the effect of numbers, lets say we genetically engineered a human to have 1,000,000,000x the melanin they have now in their skin. How much longer could they stay in space?

0 increase in protection x 1,000,000,000 = 0, so increase the amount of melanin by a billion times would increase a humans resistance to particle radiation by 0%. Therefore, there is no increase in the time we could safetly spend in space with out external radiation protection.

I really thought this was a very simple idea but apparently basic math or the concept zero has escaped you. To help you summerize this idea, if we genetically engineered people for space there is no preference for skin color due to radiation resistance because melanin protects against UV radation, which is not a direct threat to humans in space, and not particle radiation which is uneffected by melanin.
Floid
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/19/2010 1:35:10 PM
Ohh, and the concept illustrated in the above mathematics is the multiplication rule that "any number multiplied by zero equals zero". I think you will find it helpful to make a note of it as it is a very useful rule to remember.
SuperRobotWars
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/19/2010 2:28:00 PM
how do YOU think the g-modded humans will look like?
Minister Of Trolling
:
Veridas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/19/2010 7:15:38 PM

I didn't say you'd be 100% protected you f*cking idiot. I said your differing frame would be just as susceptible to the effects of pronged zero-gravity exposure because your frames are built the way they are for a reason, and so any change to a white man in space would percentagewise be precisely the same change to a black man, and if that change is enough to debilitate the white man, that change will also debilitate the black mean.

Lean to not be a massive moron.
SuperRobotWars
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/19/2010 7:33:24 PM
At 11/19/2010 7:15:38 PM, Veridas wrote:

I didn't say you'd be 100% protected you f*cking idiot. I said your differing frame would be just as susceptible to the effects of pronged zero-gravity exposure because your frames are built the way they are for a reason, and so any change to a white man in space would percentagewise be precisely the same change to a black man, and if that change is enough to debilitate the white man, that change will also debilitate the black mean.

Did I specify that text to you I don't think so you moron!!!
Minister Of Trolling
:
Veridas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/20/2010 12:50:41 AM
At 11/19/2010 7:33:24 PM, SuperRobotWars wrote:

ahahahahaha

ahahaha

ha

wow.

Remind me again who started the entire thread with that post? If it was meant for someone in particular then you should have sent a private message or, better yet, just kept your f*cking mouth shut because it seems you're not even smart enough to hold an opinion, much less smart enough to hold an opinion and be able to deal with people logically concluding that it's utter bullsh!t.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/20/2010 7:05:26 AM

Are you intoxicated or do you have issues?
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
SuperRobotWars
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/20/2010 3:58:39 PM
At 11/20/2010 12:50:41 AM, Veridas wrote:

ahahahahaha

ahahaha

ha

wow.

Remind me again who started the entire thread with that post? If it was meant for someone in particular then you should have sent a private message or, better yet, just kept your f*cking mouth shut because it seems you're not even smart enough to hold an opinion, much less smart enough to hold an opinion and be able to deal with people logically concluding that it's utter bullsh!t.

tolmencre ganxo
Minister Of Trolling
:
SuperRobotWars
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/20/2010 4:00:13 PM
At 11/20/2010 7:05:26 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:

Are you intoxicated or do you have issues?

tolmencre ganxo
Minister Of Trolling
:
Veridas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/22/2010 6:10:00 AM
At 11/20/2010 3:58:39 PM, SuperRobotWars wrote:

ahahahahaha

ahahaha

ha

wow.

tolmencre ganxo

Ell-osde' pauk!
SuperRobotWars
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/22/2010 7:26:38 AM
At 11/22/2010 6:10:00 AM, Veridas wrote:

ahahahahaha

ahahaha

ha

wow.

tolmencre ganxo

Ell-osde' pauk!

tolmencre ganxo
Minister Of Trolling
:
Veridas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/22/2010 7:47:25 AM
At 11/22/2010 7:26:38 AM, SuperRobotWars wrote:

ahahahahaha

ahahaha

ha

wow.

tolmencre ganxo

Ell-osde' pauk!

tolmencre ganxo

Wow. Just f*cking wow. You really don't understand, do you?

Se'o jicmu jbobau, do tolmencre.
SuperRobotWars
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/22/2010 8:05:23 AM
At 11/22/2010 7:47:25 AM, Veridas wrote:

ahahahahaha

ahahaha

ha

wow.

tolmencre ganxo

Ell-osde' pauk!

tolmencre ganxo

I know you understand the foundations of Lojban tolmencre ganxo
dew neh loh moh on you . . .
Minister Of Trolling
:
Ren
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/22/2010 10:11:07 AM
Ahhh, the beauty of learning, the poetry of interaction...

...how I can learn of something so interesting from such an inanely ricockulous conversation.
Veridas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/22/2010 10:12:36 AM
At 11/22/2010 8:05:23 AM, SuperRobotWars wrote:

ahahahahaha

ahahaha

ha

wow.

tolmencre ganxo

Ell-osde' pauk!

tolmencre ganxo

Then why the f*ck are you bothering? Seriously, what do you hope to accomplish?
SuperRobotWars
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/22/2010 12:09:46 PM
At 11/22/2010 10:12:36 AM, Veridas wrote:

ahahahahaha

ahahaha

ha

wow.

tolmencre ganxo

Ell-osde' pauk!

tolmencre ganxo

tolmencre ganxo they are called insults for a reason

Minister Of Trolling
:
Veridas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/22/2010 3:17:23 PM
At 11/22/2010 12:09:46 PM, SuperRobotWars wrote:

ahahahahaha

ahahaha

ha

wow.

tolmencre ganxo

Ell-osde' pauk!

tolmencre ganxo

Yeah I know what dew neh loh moh means too, oh, and to say "dew neh loh moh on you" is terrible grammar. You have neither the brains to know when you're beaten, nor the balls to insult someone properly, if you're done being a whiny little prick, kindly shut the f*ck up.
SuperRobotWars
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/22/2010 8:47:15 PM
At 11/22/2010 3:17:23 PM, Veridas wrote:

ahahahahaha

ahahaha

ha

wow.

tolmencre ganxo

Ell-osde' pauk!

tolmencre ganxo

Yeah I know what dew neh loh moh means too, oh, and to say "dew neh loh moh on you" is terrible grammar. You have neither the brains to know when you're beaten, nor the balls to insult someone properly, if you're done being a whiny little prick, kindly shut the f*ck up.

Wow you don't know proper grammar in most basic Chinese dialects the way I stated it was correct don't say what you don't know dumb*ss also tolmencre ganxo this is over you loose you dumb fvck bur in hell for you have completely derailed this thread I no longer care about you dumb opinions get off my thread and also read a foreign grammar book for its not all English grammar you know Japanese is English in reverse (for the most part) and Spanish can only be aligned in a certain way (still minor exceptions) so don't assume every language is like English dumb fvck!!!
Minister Of Trolling
:
Veridas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/23/2010 1:02:08 AM
At 11/22/2010 8:47:15 PM, SuperRobotWars wrote:

ahahahahaha

ahahaha

ha

wow.

tolmencre ganxo

Ell-osde' pauk!

tolmencre ganxo

Wow you don't know proper grammar in most basic Chinese dialects the way I stated it was correct don't say what you don't know dumb*ss also tolmencre ganxo this is over you loose you dumb fvck bur in hell for you have completely derailed this thread I no longer care about you dumb opinions get off my thread and also read a foreign grammar book for its not all English grammar you know Japanese is English in reverse (for the most part) and Spanish can only be aligned in a certain way (still minor exceptions) so don't assume every language is like English dumb fvck!!!

heh

hahahahahahahahahaha.

Oh thank you SRW for the great entertainment you bring me, 'tis such a rare thing in this dark and gloomy world.

To thank you for your efforts, I hereby name you Skippy.

Go forth, Skippy, and bring laughter to the rest of these perilous and far-reaching forums with your limited intellect and lacking imagination.
SuperRobotWars
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/23/2010 6:46:50 AM
At 11/23/2010 1:02:08 AM, Veridas wrote:
At 11/22/2010 8:47:15 PM, SuperRobotWars wrote:

ahahahahaha

ahahaha

ha

wow.

tolmencre ganxo

Ell-osde' pauk!

tolmencre ganxo

heh

hahahahahahahahahaha.

Oh thank you SRW for the great entertainment you bring me, 'tis such a rare thing in this dark and gloomy world.

To thank you for your efforts, I hereby name you Skippy.

Go forth, Skippy, and bring laughter to the rest of these perilous and far-reaching forums with your limited intellect and lacking imagination.
Minister Of Trolling
: