Total Posts:12|Showing Posts:1-12
Jump to topic:

The business suit is a maggot disguise

Akhenaten
Posts: 854
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2016 3:09:22 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
The business suit which is usually dark in colour and typically has vertical stripes, is the exact opposite of what a maggot looks like. Thus, we could say that the business suit is designed to give the impression that the person who is wearing it is not a maggot. But, alas, we know from basic psychology that people who avoid particular things are generally trying to get away from something that is all too familiar to them.
DanneJeRusse
Posts: 12,580
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2016 4:40:26 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 4/6/2016 3:09:22 PM, Akhenaten wrote:
The business suit which is usually dark in colour and typically has vertical stripes, is the exact opposite of what a maggot looks like. Thus, we could say that the business suit is designed to give the impression that the person who is wearing it is not a maggot. But, alas, we know from basic psychology that people who avoid particular things are generally trying to get away from something that is all too familiar to them.

Is that why you post in a Science forum?
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
Akhenaten
Posts: 854
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/7/2016 12:05:43 AM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 4/6/2016 4:40:26 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 4/6/2016 3:09:22 PM, Akhenaten wrote:
The business suit which is usually dark in colour and typically has vertical stripes, is the exact opposite of what a maggot looks like. Thus, we could say that the business suit is designed to give the impression that the person who is wearing it is not a maggot. But, alas, we know from basic psychology that people who avoid particular things are generally trying to get away from something that is all too familiar to them.

Is that why you post in a Science forum?

So, psychology is not a science? Nincompoop!
bamiller43
Posts: 200
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/7/2016 4:58:38 AM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 4/7/2016 12:05:43 AM, Akhenaten wrote:
At 4/6/2016 4:40:26 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 4/6/2016 3:09:22 PM, Akhenaten wrote:
The business suit which is usually dark in colour and typically has vertical stripes, is the exact opposite of what a maggot looks like. Thus, we could say that the business suit is designed to give the impression that the person who is wearing it is not a maggot. But, alas, we know from basic psychology that people who avoid particular things are generally trying to get away from something that is all too familiar to them.

Is that why you post in a Science forum?

So, psychology is not a science? Nincompoop!

Psychology is science. What you are doing is not. You are using logical fallacies to relate two completely unrelated things

Weak Analogy: http://www.logicalfallacies.info...
bamiller43
Posts: 200
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/7/2016 4:59:30 AM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 4/7/2016 12:05:43 AM, Akhenaten wrote:
At 4/6/2016 4:40:26 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 4/6/2016 3:09:22 PM, Akhenaten wrote:
The business suit which is usually dark in colour and typically has vertical stripes, is the exact opposite of what a maggot looks like. Thus, we could say that the business suit is designed to give the impression that the person who is wearing it is not a maggot. But, alas, we know from basic psychology that people who avoid particular things are generally trying to get away fom something that is all too familiar to them.

Is that why you post in a Science forum?

So, psychology is not a science? Nincompoop!

Psychology is science. What you are doing is not. You are using logical fallacies to relate two completely unrelated things

Weak Analogy: http://www.logicalfallacies.info...
RuvDraba
Posts: 6,033
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/7/2016 7:49:53 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 4/6/2016 3:09:22 PM, Akhenaten wrote:
The business suit which is usually dark in colour and typically has vertical stripes, is the exact opposite of what a maggot looks like.
So when clergy wear white frocks for purity, a pointy hat for nobility, and carry a shepherd's crook to suggest peaceful guidance, it's possible that they're hiding child-abuse, venality, and violent bullying?

Much the same way as when overweight, middle-aged people wear track-pants to suggest an athleticism they've never been seen to exercise?

Hmm... I see the logic in this, Akh. I believe it could be some of your best work.
Stronn
Posts: 314
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/8/2016 2:43:57 AM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/7/2016 7:49:53 PM, RuvDraba wrote:

Hmm... I see the logic in this, Akh. I believe it could be some of your best work.

You may be right, if only because the previous bar has been set so low.
DanneJeRusse
Posts: 12,580
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/9/2016 2:56:07 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/7/2016 12:05:43 AM, Akhenaten wrote:
At 4/6/2016 4:40:26 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 4/6/2016 3:09:22 PM, Akhenaten wrote:
The business suit which is usually dark in colour and typically has vertical stripes, is the exact opposite of what a maggot looks like. Thus, we could say that the business suit is designed to give the impression that the person who is wearing it is not a maggot. But, alas, we know from basic psychology that people who avoid particular things are generally trying to get away from something that is all too familiar to them.

Is that why you post in a Science forum?

So, psychology is not a science? Nincompoop!

No, I was using your example. If a business suit is the exact opposite of what a maggot looks like, your posts are exact opposite of what a science related post looks like. So, what are you trying to get away from that is all too familiar?
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
Akhenaten
Posts: 854
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/11/2016 5:13:56 AM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/7/2016 4:58:38 AM, bamiller43 wrote:


Psychology is science. What you are doing is not. You are using logical fallacies to relate two completely unrelated things

Weak Analogy: http://www.logicalfallacies.info...

Your analogy example is false. Your analogy is - "that the universe is like a clock, thus there must have been a creator of the universe". Then you suggest that my thinking is similar to religious thinking, another false assumption. The universe is definitely not like a clock. It may appear to be like a clock, in the short term - human life span, but, in terms of millions or trillions of years the clock concept falls apart. Stars, planets and suns are constantly changing their positions and nothing is stable or predictable in the long term. Point 2 - I have never supported or promoted religions or religious concepts. Thus, you are wrong in both respects.
Akhenaten
Posts: 854
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/11/2016 5:17:44 AM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/9/2016 2:56:07 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:

So, psychology is not a science? Nincompoop!

No, I was using your example. If a business suit is the exact opposite of what a maggot looks like, your posts are exact opposite of what a science related post looks like. So, what are you trying to get away from that is all too familiar?

I am trying to get away from Dr Strangelove, but he keeps popping up. Note - Your comments are usually the opposite of logical. lol!!!!
bamiller43
Posts: 200
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/12/2016 2:03:14 AM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/11/2016 5:13:56 AM, Akhenaten wrote:
At 4/7/2016 4:58:38 AM, bamiller43 wrote:


Psychology is science. What you are doing is not. You are using logical fallacies to relate two completely unrelated things

Weak Analogy: http://www.logicalfallacies.info...

Your analogy example is false. Your analogy is - "that the universe is like a clock, thus there must have been a creator of the universe". Then you suggest that my thinking is similar to religious thinking, another false assumption. The universe is definitely not like a clock. It may appear to be like a clock, in the short term - human life span, but, in terms of millions or trillions of years the clock concept falls apart. Stars, planets and suns are constantly changing their positions and nothing is stable or predictable in the long term. Point 2 - I have never supported or promoted religions or religious concepts. Thus, you are wrong in both respects.

First, that wasn't my analogy. It's simply an example of a weak analogy. I was only trying to show that your businessman-maggot analogy was illogical. I don't care if you are religious, atheist, or purple. It makes no difference to the discussion.
Akhenaten
Posts: 854
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/12/2016 3:47:26 AM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/12/2016 2:03:14 AM, bamiller43 wrote:
At 4/11/2016 5:13:56 AM, Akhenaten wrote:
At 4/7/2016 4:58:38 AM, bamiller43 wrote:


Psychology is science. What you are doing is not. You are using logical fallacies to relate two completely unrelated things

Weak Analogy: http://www.logicalfallacies.info...

Your analogy example is false. Your analogy is - "that the universe is like a clock, thus there must have been a creator of the universe". Then you suggest that my thinking is similar to religious thinking, another false assumption. The universe is definitely not like a clock. It may appear to be like a clock, in the short term - human life span, but, in terms of millions or trillions of years the clock concept falls apart. Stars, planets and suns are constantly changing their positions and nothing is stable or predictable in the long term. Point 2 - I have never supported or promoted religions or religious concepts. Thus, you are wrong in both respects.

First, that wasn't my analogy. It's simply an example of a weak analogy. I was only trying to show that your businessman-maggot analogy was illogical. I don't care if you are religious, atheist, or purple. It makes no difference to the discussion.

It doesn't matter if the analogy isn't your property or creation, but you have found it and used it. Thus, it is part of your argument and evidence. Thus, you must defend it also. Thus, if you choose not to defend it, you are demonstrating your lack of evidence, conviction and you are also inadvertently admitting that you are wrong.