Total Posts:28|Showing Posts:1-28
Jump to topic:

Humans don't need anti-biotics.

Akhenaten
Posts: 854
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2016 2:26:16 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
I see the media ramping up hysteria about bacteria which is becoming more and more resistant to drugs. This is all a waste of time. Bacteria doesn't harm humans. That is, if you don't eat your own poo or somebody else's poo. You would have to be very careless to eat your own poo or somebody else's poo. This is the only harmful bacteria that is likely to make you sick. But, it wont do you much harm if you eat the right sort of diet which will protect you against small accidents.

If you go to hospital you might be in danger of infection though. This is because those silly know it all doctors might inject some halogen chemicals into you which might shut down your hormone system. Then they will say that some mysterious flesh eating virus is attacking your body of which there is no cure. Well, not that they know of anyway. Well, they could give you some fruit with iodine which would restore your hormone system. But they are too clever to do that. And besides, they can't make and money out of fruit, so why bother. Yeah! Just let the patient slowly die. That;i's the best solution. Then they wont have any witnesses to their stupidity.
GirlsRNerds2
Posts: 2
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/26/2016 8:21:42 AM
Posted: 7 months ago
I must inquire, do you have any knowledge of immunology? If you do, then your statement about bacteria not harming humans is ludicrous. Strep, Staff, Pneumonia and Botulism are all caused by bacteria. The most devastating pandemic the world has ever seen, The Black Death or Bubonic Plague, in the mid 1300's, was caused by a bacteria.
Some insight..The immune system works by coming into contact with infectious agents. Antibodies are created, hence immunization. BUT there are some infectious agents that can overwhelm the system.
Yes, a healthy diet is essential, but this alone cannot combat some infections.
In our 'germophobe' world, exposure has become limited. Have you noticed many people in your circles getting sick all the time? Antibiotic resistant bacterium is of our own making. Doctors prescribing antibiotics for viral infections, to me, is the main culprit. People not completing the prescribed regimen is another.
I personally would not do it. Eating feces is GROSS, but there is some credence to it's logic. Exposure to bacterium. As stated above, the immune system at work.
Throw away your anti-bacterial everything!!! We need most bacteria to stay healthy!!
Akhenaten
Posts: 854
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/26/2016 3:06:06 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/26/2016 8:21:42 AM, GirlsRNerds2 wrote:
I must inquire, do you have any knowledge of immunology? If you do, then your statement about bacteria not harming humans is ludicrous. Strep, Staff, Pneumonia and Botulism are all caused by bacteria.

There is only one disease. Its called vitamin deficiency. All other names have just been made up and don't really exist as separate problems. The names of diseases are determined arbitrarily by symptoms only, nobody ever looks down a microscope and says "yeah, that's a flu virus alright mate, I've seen plenty of those in my time!"
The vitamin deficiency type determines the so called "disease type." nobody has ever seen a virus, I know, I have worked in an electron microscope unit. It is physically impossible to photograph anything as small as a virus. For a start - how would you know what to look for if nobody has ever seen a virus before? Logic 101 - Impossible!

The most devastating pandemic the world has ever seen, The Black Death or Bubonic Plague, in the mid 1300's, was caused by a bacteria.

Bubonic Plague caused by bacteria? Nobody even had a crude microscope in those days and the term bacteria wasn't even invented until 1676. Thus, your claims don't stand up to close scrutiny madam. No, it was caused by volcanic activity which spread over half the globe and destroyed the Roman Empire and the Incas at exactly the same time.

Some insight..The immune system works by coming into contact with infectious agents. Antibodies are created, hence immunization. BUT there are some infectious agents that can overwhelm the system.

The human body doesn't even have an immune system madam. Tell me where it is located? lol There is no such thing as immunization. The bodies defence is the hormone system which uses iodine, selenium and oxygen to destroy pathogens from open wounds only.

Yes, a healthy diet is essential, but this alone cannot combat some infections.
In our 'germophobe' world, exposure has become limited. Have you noticed many people in your circles getting sick all the time? Antibiotic resistant bacterium is of our own making. Doctors prescribing antibiotics for viral infections, to me, is the main culprit. People not completing the prescribed regimen is another.

The problem is that our society thinks that grain, sugar and dairy products are healthy and life giving. But, they are not, and they will make you sick if you have too much of them. These 3 foods are the cause of 99 percent of all modern illness and disease. The other one percent is caused by pesticides, herbicides, fire retardants, pool chemicals and halogens in general. These are the so called "nervous system diseases" Polio, Ebola and Encephalitis etc.

I personally would not do it. Eating feces is GROSS, but there is some credence to it's logic. Exposure to bacterium. As stated above, the immune system at work.
Throw away your anti-bacterial everything!!! We need most bacteria to stay healthy!!

We need bacteria to digest some vegetable matter. That's it. We don't need it for any other purpose.
user13579
Posts: 822
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/26/2016 3:47:42 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/26/2016 3:06:06 PM, Akhenaten wrote:
It is physically impossible to photograph anything as small as a virus.

Transistors on a modern microprocessor are smaller than a virus. lol. It is true that it is impossible with an optical microscrope. That's because the resolution is limited to 200nm, half of the wavelength of "violet" light. There's also UV microscopes, X-ray microscopes, gamma ray microscopes (ok, that one is only a thought experiment), and of course electron microscopes.
Science in a nutshell:
"Facts are neither true nor false. They simply are."
"All scientific knowledge is provisional. Even facts are provisional."
"We can be absolutely certain that we have a moon, we can be absolutely certain that water is made out of H2O, and we can be absolutely certain that the Earth is a sphere!"
"Scientific knowledge is a body of statements of varying degrees of certainty -- some most unsure, some nearly sure, none absolutely certain."
Ramshutu
Posts: 4,063
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/26/2016 3:59:26 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/25/2016 2:26:16 PM, Akhenaten wrote:
I see the media ramping up hysteria about bacteria which is becoming more and more resistant to drugs. This is all a waste of time. Bacteria doesn't harm humans.

Could you be wrong?

For example; if you could show that:

a.) A particular type of bacteria can grow in particular types of food.

b.) This bacteria produces a particular toxin.

c.) In the human body, this toxin interferes with some part of the body; causing it not to work properly.

d.) That eating the food with that bacteria moves the bacteria from the food into the human body.

e.) The bacteria can reproduce in the human body.

If that can be shown; and someone eats some food that is contaminated with that bacteria, that bacteria (and toxin) are present in the body, but not in a healthy persons body; and their body has stopped working in a particular way that we know happens when the body is shown by the toxin.

Would this be enough to show this bacteria causes the illness?

If not; why not.

Please show your working, including the appropriate abductive reasoning.
Peepette
Posts: 1,242
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/26/2016 4:42:51 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/26/2016 3:06:06 PM, Akhenaten wrote:
At 4/26/2016 8:21:42 AM, GirlsRNerds2 wrote:
I must inquire, do you have any knowledge of immunology? If you do, then your statement about bacteria not harming humans is ludicrous. Strep, Staff, Pneumonia and Botulism are all caused by bacteria.

There is only one disease. Its called vitamin deficiency. All other names have just been made up and don't really exist as separate problems. The names of diseases are determined arbitrarily by symptoms only, nobody ever looks down a microscope and says "yeah, that's a flu virus alright mate, I've seen plenty of those in my time!"
The vitamin deficiency type determines the so called "disease type." nobody has ever seen a virus, I know, I have worked in an electron microscope unit. It is physically impossible to photograph anything as small as a virus. For a start - how would you know what to look for if nobody has ever seen a virus before? Logic 101 - Impossible!



The most devastating pandemic the world has ever seen, The Black Death or Bubonic Plague, in the mid 1300's, was caused by a bacteria.

Bubonic Plague caused by bacteria? Nobody even had a crude microscope in those days and the term bacteria wasn't even invented until 1676. Thus, your claims don't stand up to close scrutiny madam. No, it was caused by volcanic activity which spread over half the globe and destroyed the Roman Empire and the Incas at exactly the same time.

You are making this claim again! Shall I go back to the other thread and copy an paste it here. Bubonic plague still occurs but now is treatable.

Some insight..The immune system works by coming into contact with infectious agents. Antibodies are created, hence immunization. BUT there are some infectious agents that can overwhelm the system.

The human body doesn't even have an immune system madam. Tell me where it is located? lol There is no such thing as immunization. The bodies defence is the hormone system which uses iodine, selenium and oxygen to destroy pathogens from open wounds only.

Yes, a healthy diet is essential, but this alone cannot combat some infections.
In our 'germophobe' world, exposure has become limited. Have you noticed many people in your circles getting sick all the time? Antibiotic resistant bacterium is of our own making. Doctors prescribing antibiotics for viral infections, to me, is the main culprit. People not completing the prescribed regimen is another.

The problem is that our society thinks that grain, sugar and dairy products are healthy and life giving. But, they are not, and they will make you sick if you have too much of them. These 3 foods are the cause of 99 percent of all modern illness and disease. The other one percent is caused by pesticides, herbicides, fire retardants, pool chemicals and halogens in general. These are the so called "nervous system diseases" Polio, Ebola and Encephalitis etc.

I personally would not do it. Eating feces is GROSS, but there is some credence to it's logic. Exposure to bacterium. As stated above, the immune system at work.
Throw away your anti-bacterial everything!!! We need most bacteria to stay healthy!!

We need bacteria to digest some vegetable matter. That's it. We don't need it for any other purpose.
Daedal
Posts: 157
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/26/2016 6:35:55 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
I think those people who believe that antibiotics don't work shouldn't be given them, thus cleansing the human race of idiots. A Darwin Award.
Akhenaten
Posts: 854
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/27/2016 1:39:27 AM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/26/2016 3:47:42 PM, user13579 wrote:
At 4/26/2016 3:06:06 PM, Akhenaten wrote:
It is physically impossible to photograph anything as small as a virus.

Transistors on a modern microprocessor are smaller than a virus. lol. It is true that it is impossible with an optical microscrope. That's because the resolution is limited to 200nm, half of the wavelength of "violet" light. There's also UV microscopes, X-ray microscopes, gamma ray microscopes (ok, that one is only a thought experiment), and of course electron microscopes.

Nobody has ever seen a virus, so how can you say that a transistor is smaller than a virus?
Akhenaten
Posts: 854
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/27/2016 1:51:00 AM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/26/2016 3:59:26 PM, Ramshutu wrote:
At 4/25/2016 2:26:16 PM, Akhenaten wrote:
I see the media ramping up hysteria about bacteria which is becoming more and more resistant to drugs. This is all a waste of time. Bacteria doesn't harm humans.

Could you be wrong?

For example; if you could show that:

a.) A particular type of bacteria can grow in particular types of food.

b.) This bacteria produces a particular toxin.

c.) In the human body, this toxin interferes with some part of the body; causing it not to work properly.

d.) That eating the food with that bacteria moves the bacteria from the food into the human body.

e.) The bacteria can reproduce in the human body.


If that can be shown; and someone eats some food that is contaminated with that bacteria, that bacteria (and toxin) are present in the body, but not in a healthy persons body; and their body has stopped working in a particular way that we know happens when the body is shown by the toxin.

Would this be enough to show this bacteria causes the illness?

If not; why not.

Please show your working, including the appropriate abductive reasoning.

Bacteria only eats rotten food or vegetable matter. It never attacks healthy cells. If you eat rotten food or feces you will get sick because the bacteria has produced toxic chemicals. Thus, if you avoid eating rotten food, you can avoid all illness. Note -Modern food contains sugars, salts and preservatives which can disguise rotten food. Thus, eating food which contains preservatives can cause illness if the food is rotten. Solution - Don't eat food that contains sugar,salt and preservative.
Eating inappropriate foods can can illness. These foods include sugar, salt, grain and dairy. Eating these foods will create vitamin deficiencies and blockages resulting in heart attack, stroke, brain disorders, kidney failure, liver failure and premature death. You may eat small amounts of bread, dairy and salt, but any more than about 10% of your total intake is dangerous to your health.
Ramshutu
Posts: 4,063
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/27/2016 2:27:38 AM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/27/2016 1:51:00 AM, Akhenaten wrote:
At 4/26/2016 3:59:26 PM, Ramshutu wrote:
At 4/25/2016 2:26:16 PM, Akhenaten wrote:
I see the media ramping up hysteria about bacteria which is becoming more and more resistant to drugs. This is all a waste of time. Bacteria doesn't harm humans.

Could you be wrong?

For example; if you could show that:

a.) A particular type of bacteria can grow in particular types of food.

b.) This bacteria produces a particular toxin.

c.) In the human body, this toxin interferes with some part of the body; causing it not to work properly.

d.) That eating the food with that bacteria moves the bacteria from the food into the human body.

e.) The bacteria can reproduce in the human body.


If that can be shown; and someone eats some food that is contaminated with that bacteria, that bacteria (and toxin) are present in the body, but not in a healthy persons body; and their body has stopped working in a particular way that we know happens when the body is shown by the toxin.

Would this be enough to show this bacteria causes the illness?

If not; why not.

Please show your working, including the appropriate abductive reasoning.

Bacteria only eats rotten food or vegetable matter. It never attacks healthy cells. If you eat rotten food or feces you will get sick because the bacteria has produced toxic chemicals. Thus, if you avoid eating rotten food, you can avoid all illness. Note -Modern food contains sugars, salts and preservatives which can disguise rotten food. Thus, eating food which contains preservatives can cause illness if the food is rotten. Solution - Don't eat food that contains sugar,salt and preservative.
Eating inappropriate foods can can illness. These foods include sugar, salt, grain and dairy. Eating these foods will create vitamin deficiencies and blockages resulting in heart attack, stroke, brain disorders, kidney failure, liver failure and premature death. You may eat small amounts of bread, dairy and salt, but any more than about 10% of your total intake is dangerous to your health.

That is not an answer to the question. I didn't ask "what do you think about the causes of illnesses"

I asked, if those things in my list are established, would that show bacteria in that instance causes illness?

If not, why not? Please show your logical reasoning.
Whatdoesaducksay
Posts: 3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/27/2016 3:50:39 AM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/25/2016 2:26:16 PM, Akhenaten wrote:
I see the media ramping up hysteria about bacteria which is becoming more and more resistant to drugs. This is all a waste of time. Bacteria doesn't harm humans. That is, if you don't eat your own poo or somebody else's poo. You would have to be very careless to eat your own poo or somebody else's poo. This is the only harmful bacteria that is likely to make you sick. But, it wont do you much harm if you eat the right sort of diet which will protect you against small accidents.

If you go to hospital you might be in danger of infection though. This is because those silly know it all doctors might inject some halogen chemicals into you which might shut down your hormone system. Then they will say that some mysterious flesh eating virus is attacking your body of which there is no cure. Well, not that they know of anyway. Well, they could give you some fruit with iodine which would restore your hormone system. But they are too clever to do that. And besides, they can't make and money out of fruit, so why bother. Yeah! Just let the patient slowly die. That;i's the best solution. Then they wont have any witnesses to their stupidity.

It's sad to see that the mainstream-brainwashed trolls are ganging up on you for telling the truth. The doctors are promoting quackery! We must not be treated at corporate hospitals!
Akhenaten
Posts: 854
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/27/2016 4:04:16 AM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/27/2016 2:27:38 AM, Ramshutu wrote:

That is not an answer to the question. I didn't ask "what do you think about the causes of illnesses"

I asked, if those things in my list are established, would that show bacteria in that instance causes illness?

If not, why not? Please show your logical reasoning.

The question has been answered. If you are unable to interpret the data that I have presented, then that is not my problem, but is an example of your own inadequacy.
user13579
Posts: 822
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/27/2016 4:49:48 AM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/27/2016 1:39:27 AM, Akhenaten wrote:
Nobody has ever seen a virus, so how can you say that a transistor is smaller than a virus?

I can turn that right back around on you. If nobody has ever seen one, how do you know they're too small to be seen (with an optical microscope)?
Science in a nutshell:
"Facts are neither true nor false. They simply are."
"All scientific knowledge is provisional. Even facts are provisional."
"We can be absolutely certain that we have a moon, we can be absolutely certain that water is made out of H2O, and we can be absolutely certain that the Earth is a sphere!"
"Scientific knowledge is a body of statements of varying degrees of certainty -- some most unsure, some nearly sure, none absolutely certain."
Ramshutu
Posts: 4,063
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/27/2016 11:14:31 AM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/27/2016 4:04:16 AM, Akhenaten wrote:
At 4/27/2016 2:27:38 AM, Ramshutu wrote:

That is not an answer to the question. I didn't ask "what do you think about the causes of illnesses"

I asked, if those things in my list are established, would that show bacteria in that instance causes illness?

If not, why not? Please show your logical reasoning.

The question has been answered. If you are unable to interpret the data that I have presented, then that is not my problem, but is an example of your own inadequacy.

No it hasn't. You listed what you think happens, not why that list would not be sufficient.
Akhenaten
Posts: 854
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/27/2016 2:23:12 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/27/2016 4:49:48 AM, user13579 wrote:
At 4/27/2016 1:39:27 AM, Akhenaten wrote:
Nobody has ever seen a virus, so how can you say that a transistor is smaller than a virus?

I can turn that right back around on you. If nobody has ever seen one, how do you know they're too small to be seen (with an optical microscope)?

You started it first. I have never stated that viruses exist. Thus, I don't have any obligations to prove how big or small they are. Whereas, you do believe that viruses exist, so you now have an obligation to prove how either big or small they and what they look like too.
Akhenaten
Posts: 854
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/27/2016 2:27:59 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/27/2016 11:14:31 AM, Ramshutu wrote:
At 4/27/2016 4:04:16 AM, Akhenaten wrote:
At 4/27/2016 2:27:38 AM, Ramshutu wrote:

That is not an answer to the question. I didn't ask "what do you think about the causes of illnesses"

I asked, if those things in my list are established, would that show bacteria in that instance causes illness?

If not, why not? Please show your logical reasoning.

The question has been answered. If you are unable to interpret the data that I have presented, then that is not my problem, but is an example of your own inadequacy.

No it hasn't. You listed what you think happens, not why that list would not be sufficient.

Don't give me that double negative bullshite. "Not why" Not Sufficient" lol Who do you think you are communicating with here. Some dumb arse 6,000 (cheater points) rated debater? lol
user13579
Posts: 822
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/27/2016 2:29:28 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/27/2016 2:23:12 PM, Akhenaten wrote:
You started it first. I have never stated that viruses exist. Thus, I don't have any obligations to prove how big or small they are. Whereas, you do believe that viruses exist, so you now have an obligation to prove how either big or small they and what they look like too.

At 4/26/2016 3:06:06 PM, Akhenaten wrote:
nobody has ever seen a virus, I know, I have worked in an electron microscope unit. It is physically impossible to photograph anything as small as a virus.

How do you know it's physically impossible if you've never seen one?

Oh, and I don't believe you actually worked with an electron microscope because you obviously know nothing about it. Other people used it, and you just swept the floor or something.
Science in a nutshell:
"Facts are neither true nor false. They simply are."
"All scientific knowledge is provisional. Even facts are provisional."
"We can be absolutely certain that we have a moon, we can be absolutely certain that water is made out of H2O, and we can be absolutely certain that the Earth is a sphere!"
"Scientific knowledge is a body of statements of varying degrees of certainty -- some most unsure, some nearly sure, none absolutely certain."
user13579
Posts: 822
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/27/2016 2:35:01 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
You've never seen one, but you know how small it is. ok. makes sense.
Science in a nutshell:
"Facts are neither true nor false. They simply are."
"All scientific knowledge is provisional. Even facts are provisional."
"We can be absolutely certain that we have a moon, we can be absolutely certain that water is made out of H2O, and we can be absolutely certain that the Earth is a sphere!"
"Scientific knowledge is a body of statements of varying degrees of certainty -- some most unsure, some nearly sure, none absolutely certain."
Ramshutu
Posts: 4,063
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/27/2016 2:44:21 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/27/2016 2:27:59 PM, Akhenaten wrote:
At 4/27/2016 11:14:31 AM, Ramshutu wrote:
At 4/27/2016 4:04:16 AM, Akhenaten wrote:
At 4/27/2016 2:27:38 AM, Ramshutu wrote:

That is not an answer to the question. I didn't ask "what do you think about the causes of illnesses"

I asked, if those things in my list are established, would that show bacteria in that instance causes illness?

If not, why not? Please show your logical reasoning.

The question has been answered. If you are unable to interpret the data that I have presented, then that is not my problem, but is an example of your own inadequacy.

No it hasn't. You listed what you think happens, not why that list would not be sufficient.

Don't give me that double negative bullshite. "Not why" Not Sufficient" lol Who do you think you are communicating with here. Some dumb arse 6,000 (cheater points) rated debater? lol

It appears so.

You don't believe that bacteria are a primary source of illness, I set out a list which I think (and many think) justify why bacteria have been established as the cause of illness.

I'm wondering why that isn't sufficient to show that bacteria cause such illnesses.

This is the root of your argument: that this list isn't enough to show what you say is wrong: I'm asking why.

Considering you want other people to believe you; a good place to start isn't outlining what you believe, it's outlining why what is currently believed is wrong by showing the reasons it is believed is based on faulty logic, and reasoning.

Why are so many people with "unusual" non-mainstream beliefs so unwilling to do that to the point that they repeatedly dodge any time the question is asked.
Akhenaten
Posts: 854
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/27/2016 2:58:52 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/27/2016 2:29:28 PM, user13579 wrote:
At 4/27/2016 2:23:12 PM, Akhenaten wrote:
You started it first. I have never stated that viruses exist. Thus, I don't have any obligations to prove how big or small they are. Whereas, you do believe that viruses exist, so you now have an obligation to prove how either big or small they and what they look like too.

At 4/26/2016 3:06:06 PM, Akhenaten wrote:
nobody has ever seen a virus, I know, I have worked in an electron microscope unit. It is physically impossible to photograph anything as small as a virus.

How do you know it's physically impossible if you've never seen one?

Oh, and I don't believe you actually worked with an electron microscope because you obviously know nothing about it. Other people used it, and you just swept the floor or something.

How can you identify something as small as a virus if you have no clue as to what it looks like in the first place? How would you know where to look for it? If you thought you found a virus what reference you you use to confirm that it was indeed a virus. It is just a plain logic problem. Note - There is no logic in the concept of a virus. It doesn't matter which angle you look at it from, you get the same answer - illogical. It doesn't fit into the scheme of things and doesn't follow a logical sequence of events which would allow it to exist.
user13579
Posts: 822
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/27/2016 3:00:47 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/27/2016 2:58:52 PM, Akhenaten wrote:
How can you identify something as small as a virus if you have no clue as to what it looks like in the first place? How would you know where to look for it? If you thought you found a virus what reference you you use to confirm that it was indeed a virus. It is just a plain logic problem. Note - There is no logic in the concept of a virus. It doesn't matter which angle you look at it from, you get the same answer - illogical. It doesn't fit into the scheme of things and doesn't follow a logical sequence of events which would allow it to exist.

How about, I don't know, compare a healthy cell to an infected cell.
Science in a nutshell:
"Facts are neither true nor false. They simply are."
"All scientific knowledge is provisional. Even facts are provisional."
"We can be absolutely certain that we have a moon, we can be absolutely certain that water is made out of H2O, and we can be absolutely certain that the Earth is a sphere!"
"Scientific knowledge is a body of statements of varying degrees of certainty -- some most unsure, some nearly sure, none absolutely certain."
Akhenaten
Posts: 854
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/27/2016 3:09:12 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/27/2016 3:00:47 PM, user13579 wrote:
At 4/27/2016 2:58:52 PM, Akhenaten wrote:
How can you identify something as small as a virus if you have no clue as to what it looks like in the first place? How would you know where to look for it? If you thought you found a virus what reference you you use to confirm that it was indeed a virus. It is just a plain logic problem. Note - There is no logic in the concept of a virus. It doesn't matter which angle you look at it from, you get the same answer - illogical. It doesn't fit into the scheme of things and doesn't follow a logical sequence of events which would allow it to exist.

How about, I don't know, compare a healthy cell to an infected cell.

Infected with what? How was it infected? What diet did the person have? Did the person come into contact with any poisonous substances, rotten food or feces?
user13579
Posts: 822
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/27/2016 3:11:11 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/27/2016 3:09:12 PM, Akhenaten wrote:
Infected with what? How was it infected? What diet did the person have? Did the person come into contact with any poisonous substances, rotten food or feces?

Chicken pox. Take some cells from a person with chicken pox, and compare them with cells of a person without chicken pox. I really don't know, but that's what I would do.
Science in a nutshell:
"Facts are neither true nor false. They simply are."
"All scientific knowledge is provisional. Even facts are provisional."
"We can be absolutely certain that we have a moon, we can be absolutely certain that water is made out of H2O, and we can be absolutely certain that the Earth is a sphere!"
"Scientific knowledge is a body of statements of varying degrees of certainty -- some most unsure, some nearly sure, none absolutely certain."
Akhenaten
Posts: 854
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/27/2016 3:15:30 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/27/2016 3:11:11 PM, user13579 wrote:
At 4/27/2016 3:09:12 PM, Akhenaten wrote:
Infected with what? How was it infected? What diet did the person have? Did the person come into contact with any poisonous substances, rotten food or feces?

Chicken pox. Take some cells from a person with chicken pox, and compare them with cells of a person without chicken pox. I really don't know, but that's what I would do.

How did this person get "chicken pox"? What diet was this person on? What poisons, rotten food or fecal matter did they come into contact with? If you don't know the answers to these questions, then you are just wasting my time and don't know what you are talking about.
user13579
Posts: 822
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/27/2016 3:20:12 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/27/2016 3:15:30 PM, Akhenaten wrote:
How did this person get "chicken pox"?

I don't know, but one person has all these weird spots, and the other person looks healthy. So I'm going to look at some cells from each person. Hey look! There's a bunch of these blobs in the cells from the person with chicken pox, that don't show up in the healthy person's cells.
Science in a nutshell:
"Facts are neither true nor false. They simply are."
"All scientific knowledge is provisional. Even facts are provisional."
"We can be absolutely certain that we have a moon, we can be absolutely certain that water is made out of H2O, and we can be absolutely certain that the Earth is a sphere!"
"Scientific knowledge is a body of statements of varying degrees of certainty -- some most unsure, some nearly sure, none absolutely certain."
Akhenaten
Posts: 854
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/27/2016 3:30:51 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/27/2016 3:20:12 PM, user13579 wrote:
At 4/27/2016 3:15:30 PM, Akhenaten wrote:
How did this person get "chicken pox"?

I don't know, but one person has all these weird spots, and the other person looks healthy. So I'm going to look at some cells from each person. Hey look! There's a bunch of these blobs in the cells from the person with chicken pox, that don't show up in the healthy person's cells.

Repeat - What diet was this person on? What poisons, rotten food or fecal matter did they come into contact with? If you don't know the answers to these questions, then you are just wasting my time and don't know what you are talking about.

Still waiting? .......tipity......tap.........tipity....tap.........tap.....tipity........tap..........BLOBS!!!!!!!!!!!!???????????????? I thought you were an expert in the medical field and now i discover I am communicating with a moron!
user13579
Posts: 822
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/27/2016 3:33:51 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/27/2016 3:30:51 PM, Akhenaten wrote:

Repeat - What diet was this person on? What poisons, rotten food or fecal matter did they come into contact with?

yawn
Science in a nutshell:
"Facts are neither true nor false. They simply are."
"All scientific knowledge is provisional. Even facts are provisional."
"We can be absolutely certain that we have a moon, we can be absolutely certain that water is made out of H2O, and we can be absolutely certain that the Earth is a sphere!"
"Scientific knowledge is a body of statements of varying degrees of certainty -- some most unsure, some nearly sure, none absolutely certain."