Jump to topic:

Answers to creationism

Daedal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/1/2016 2:21:43 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
A lot of the threads in this forum relate to evolution, usually in a negative way. It gets tiresome to read the same complaints all the time, so I found this article from SciAm:

http://www.scientificamerican.com...

Extract:

15 Answers to Creationist Nonsense
Opponents of evolution want to make a place for creationism by tearing down real science, but their arguments don't hold up.

I'd advise anyone who has problems with accepting evolution to read the article - it's not too long, and written in plain English - which may help them to understand it.
oo00
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/1/2016 2:47:26 PM
At 5/1/2016 2:21:43 PM, Daedal wrote:
A lot of the threads in this forum relate to evolution, usually in a negative way. It gets tiresome to read the same complaints all the time, so I found this article from SciAm:

Extract:

Opponents of evolution want to make a place for creationism by tearing down real science, but their arguments don't hold up.

I'd advise anyone who has problems with accepting evolution to read the article - it's not too long, and written in plain English - which may help them to understand it. : :

Evolution is happening constantly but only as an illusion in each created being's mind. No evolutionist knows where they're getting their thoughts from. Not even religious people understand where their thoughts or visible world comes from.
Riwaaz_Ras
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/1/2016 2:48:30 PM

BULL.

Extract:

I'd advise anyone who has problems with accepting evolution to read the article - it's not too long, and written in plain English - which may help them to understand it.
(This is not a goodbye message. I may or may not come back after ten years.)
Riwaaz_Ras
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/1/2016 2:49:37 PM
At 5/1/2016 2:47:26 PM, oo00 wrote:

Extract:

I'd advise anyone who has problems with accepting evolution to read the article - it's not too long, and written in plain English - which may help them to understand it. : :

Evolution is happening constantly but only as an illusion in each created being's mind. No evolutionist knows where they're getting their thoughts from. Not even religious people understand where their thoughts or visible world comes from.

And yet you firmly believe in determinism.
oo00
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/1/2016 2:53:18 PM
At 5/1/2016 2:49:37 PM, Riwaaz_Ras wrote:

Extract:

And yet you firmly believe in determinism. : :

Our Creator determined everything that happens in the minds of his created beings. It's impossible for man to determine anything because he only exists as invisible information. When that information is converted ( processed ) into a visible body living in a visible world, the created man believes his body and the visible world around him are real when I know for a fact it's only an illusion that is formed within his mind.
keithprosser
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/1/2016 2:57:27 PM
Scentific American, New Scientist and the journal Nature are shills of the Great Evolution Conspiracy presenting reasonable sounding arguments for evolution that do not represent the scientific truth which as anybody half-educated (but not fully educated) knows is that evolution is impossible due to violation of the 2nd law of thermodynamics and Shannon's theorem as well as God's word.

Or so creationists will continue to believe. It is a good - even an excellent - article, but there are so many equally good ones that have been out there for years that it is unlikely to be a game-changer. I enjoyed reading it, but I doubt many creationists will read it, and those that do wont be converted. Imagine a good defence of creationism (hard, but imagine it). Would you read it? Would it convert you? Probably no and definitely no. It would be the same for a creationist reading the Sci Am article, as it as has been for the million others like it already out there.
Riwaaz_Ras
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/1/2016 3:03:22 PM
At 5/1/2016 2:53:18 PM, oo00 wrote:

Extract:

Our Creator determined everything that happens in the minds of his created beings. It's impossible for man to determine anything because he only exists as invisible information. When that information is converted ( processed ) into a visible body living in a visible world, the created man believes his body and the visible world around him are real when I know for a fact it's only an illusion that is formed within his mind.

"Everything is foreseen, but free will is given," Abot iii. 15)
oo00
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/1/2016 3:05:06 PM
At 5/1/2016 3:03:22 PM, Riwaaz_Ras wrote:

Extract:

"Everything is foreseen, but free will is given," Abot iii. 15) : :

Free will is an illusion that happens in the minds of men who think they are real people walking on a real earth. They have no idea how God created them or their futures.
Riwaaz_Ras
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/1/2016 3:08:55 PM
At 5/1/2016 3:05:06 PM, oo00 wrote:

Extract:

Free will is an illusion that happens in the minds of men who think they are real people walking on a real earth. They have no idea how God created them or their futures.

You have nothing to support your claim?
Daedal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/1/2016 3:21:50 PM
At 5/1/2016 2:57:27 PM, keithprosser wrote:
Scentific American, New Scientist and the journal Nature are shills of the Great Evolution Conspiracy presenting reasonable sounding arguments for evolution that do not represent the scientific truth which as anybody half-educated (but not fully educated) knows is that evolution is impossible due to violation of the 2nd law of thermodynamics and Shannon's theorem as well as God's word.

Or so creationists will continue to believe. It is a good - even an excellent - article, but there are so many equally good ones that have been out there for years that it is unlikely to be a game-changer. I enjoyed reading it, but I doubt many creationists will read it, and those that do wont be converted. Imagine a good defence of creationism (hard, but imagine it). Would you read it? Would it convert you? Probably no and definitely no. It would be the same for a creationist reading the Sci Am article, as it as has been for the million others like it already out there.

Nice post, and very true. However, I think it's worth saying anyway: there may be a few people who will pay attention. And it only took a few minutes.....
oo00
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/1/2016 3:22:03 PM
At 5/1/2016 3:08:55 PM, Riwaaz_Ras wrote:
At 5/1/2016 3:05:06 PM, oo00 wrote:

Extract:

You have nothing to support your claim? : :

It's all about belief in the Voice of God and obey all the commandments that come forth from it.
user13579
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/1/2016 3:35:15 PM
I'm not a creationist. I believe that the universe is eternal thanks to the Flying Spaghetti Monster. It wasn't created. I want equal time for my "theory".
Science in a nutshell:
"Facts are neither true nor false. They simply are."
"All scientific knowledge is provisional. Even facts are provisional."
"We can be absolutely certain that we have a moon, we can be absolutely certain that water is made out of H2O, and we can be absolutely certain that the Earth is a sphere!"
"Scientific knowledge is a body of statements of varying degrees of certainty -- some most unsure, some nearly sure, none absolutely certain."
DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/1/2016 4:28:30 PM

Extract:

Like anything else scientific, believers will not read it, but they will dance around with Bible firmly clenched spouting denials and bringing up the same old tired, misrepresented arguments such as those listed in that article. I've seen so many of them come to DDO claiming they have irrefutable evidence for the existence of their God, only to call out Pascal's wager, entropy, monkeys and other assertions long since refuted. Of course, the first thing they'll tell you is that they are not convinced of the arguments refuting those assertions.
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
Daedal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/1/2016 4:58:22 PM
Rejection of evolution is not essential to preserving your faith: the RCC accepts evolution and teaches it in their schools, and there are a billion catholics in the world.

I could find an easy solution: god gave Adam the 'spark' which made him the first real human. So it was a spiritual creation rather than a material one. End of problem.

I do feel sorry for those whose world view, formed as a child and inflicted without their consent, makes it necessary to disbelieve something which has been proven to be true. That must be an uncomfortable way to live. I hope that the OP provides some help, at least, for those unfortunates.