Total Posts:41|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Earth Is Too Small . . .

SuperRobotWars
Posts: 3,906
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/4/2010 12:58:46 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
Earth is too small to maintain the entire human presence upon it so lets go to the stars and colonize new worlds . . .
Minister Of Trolling
: At 12/6/2011 2:21:41 PM, badger wrote:
: ugly people should beat beautiful people ugly. simple! you'd be killing two birds with the one stone... women like violent men and you're making yourself more attractive, relatively. i met a blonde dude who was prettier than me not so long ago. he's not so pretty now! ha!
:
: ...and well, he wasn't really prettier than me. he just had nice hair.
Korashk
Posts: 4,597
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/4/2010 1:16:57 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
One could make the argument that there aren't enough resources, but the Earth's size is not an issue.
When large numbers of otherwise-law abiding people break specific laws en masse, it's usually a fault that lies with the law. - Unknown
SuperRobotWars
Posts: 3,906
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/4/2010 1:37:08 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 12/4/2010 1:16:57 PM, Korashk wrote:
One could make the argument that there aren't enough resources, but the Earth's size is not an issue.

The fact still remains that humans must head towards the heavens . . .
Minister Of Trolling
: At 12/6/2011 2:21:41 PM, badger wrote:
: ugly people should beat beautiful people ugly. simple! you'd be killing two birds with the one stone... women like violent men and you're making yourself more attractive, relatively. i met a blonde dude who was prettier than me not so long ago. he's not so pretty now! ha!
:
: ...and well, he wasn't really prettier than me. he just had nice hair.
Mirza
Posts: 16,992
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/4/2010 1:38:39 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 12/4/2010 1:37:08 PM, SuperRobotWars wrote:
At 12/4/2010 1:16:57 PM, Korashk wrote:
One could make the argument that there aren't enough resources, but the Earth's size is not an issue.

The fact still remains that humans must head towards the heavens . . .
No, we must not. Do you think that we should seek shelter and create peace in a vastness much greater than we are used to?
SuperRobotWars
Posts: 3,906
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/4/2010 4:23:48 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 12/4/2010 1:38:39 PM, Mirza wrote:
At 12/4/2010 1:37:08 PM, SuperRobotWars wrote:
At 12/4/2010 1:16:57 PM, Korashk wrote:
One could make the argument that there aren't enough resources, but the Earth's size is not an issue.

The fact still remains that humans must head towards the heavens . . .
No, we must not. Do you think that we should seek shelter and create peace in a vastness much greater than we are used to?

Too many people on one world the only solutions are: mass extermination (we don't wan that now do we), spaying and neutering of massive quantities of humans (don't want this either), or we seek new resources and worlds on the final frontier (perfect)

Whats wrong with something being vaster than we are used to it makes no difference, man went from the trees to the plains to the rest of other continents to the seas to more continents and now we have space why not utilize to the benefit of all living organisms by terraforming new worlds and living on them and if we get lonely we will use our knowledge and make a new technological specie and put them on their own world to evolve and one day spread across the stars as we have (if we do which is necessary).
Minister Of Trolling
: At 12/6/2011 2:21:41 PM, badger wrote:
: ugly people should beat beautiful people ugly. simple! you'd be killing two birds with the one stone... women like violent men and you're making yourself more attractive, relatively. i met a blonde dude who was prettier than me not so long ago. he's not so pretty now! ha!
:
: ...and well, he wasn't really prettier than me. he just had nice hair.
sherlockmethod
Posts: 317
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/4/2010 7:59:55 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
Why not examine more reasonable solutions such as inhabiting the more remote zones on earth?
Library cards: Stopping stupid one book at a time.
SuperRobotWars
Posts: 3,906
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/4/2010 8:04:35 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 12/4/2010 7:59:55 PM, sherlockmethod wrote:
Why not examine more reasonable solutions such as inhabiting the more remote zones on earth?

Still not enough resources to run such a vastly growing population of humans space fits our needs the best . . .
Minister Of Trolling
: At 12/6/2011 2:21:41 PM, badger wrote:
: ugly people should beat beautiful people ugly. simple! you'd be killing two birds with the one stone... women like violent men and you're making yourself more attractive, relatively. i met a blonde dude who was prettier than me not so long ago. he's not so pretty now! ha!
:
: ...and well, he wasn't really prettier than me. he just had nice hair.
Mirza
Posts: 16,992
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/4/2010 8:09:48 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 12/4/2010 4:23:48 PM, SuperRobotWars wrote:
At 12/4/2010 1:38:39 PM, Mirza wrote:
At 12/4/2010 1:37:08 PM, SuperRobotWars wrote:
At 12/4/2010 1:16:57 PM, Korashk wrote:
One could make the argument that there aren't enough resources, but the Earth's size is not an issue.

The fact still remains that humans must head towards the heavens . . .
No, we must not. Do you think that we should seek shelter and create peace in a vastness much greater than we are used to?

Too many people on one world the only solutions are: mass extermination (we don't wan that now do we), spaying and neutering of massive quantities of humans (don't want this either), or we seek new resources and worlds on the final frontier (perfect)

Whats wrong with something being vaster than we are used to it makes no difference, man went from the trees to the plains to the rest of other continents to the seas to more continents and now we have space why not utilize to the benefit of all living organisms by terraforming new worlds and living on them and if we get lonely we will use our knowledge and make a new technological specie and put them on their own world to evolve and one day spread across the stars as we have (if we do which is necessary).
There is no humanity in space without humanity on Earth.
GeoLaureate8
Posts: 12,252
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/4/2010 8:13:44 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
The Earth is far from being over populated.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
sherlockmethod
Posts: 317
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/4/2010 8:17:19 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 12/4/2010 8:04:35 PM, SuperRobotWars wrote:
At 12/4/2010 7:59:55 PM, sherlockmethod wrote:
Why not examine more reasonable solutions such as inhabiting the more remote zones on earth?

Still not enough resources to run such a vastly growing population of humans space fits our needs the best . . .

Even if this is true, space will not provide those resources. We have, as of yet, found a planet that could grow the resources we need and we have not yet found a way to travel very far into space. I think looking at increasing our productivity here and using the space still available would be more reasonable.
Library cards: Stopping stupid one book at a time.
SuperRobotWars
Posts: 3,906
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/4/2010 8:19:52 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 12/4/2010 8:13:44 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
The Earth is far from being over populated.

It already is . . . its called the balance of an ecosystem we humans have tipped this balance far too much so we need a new area to expand so lets go to space . . . its like having 1000 wolves in an area with only 5 deer and nothing else for the wolves to eat it wont end well for the wolves or the deer . . .
Minister Of Trolling
: At 12/6/2011 2:21:41 PM, badger wrote:
: ugly people should beat beautiful people ugly. simple! you'd be killing two birds with the one stone... women like violent men and you're making yourself more attractive, relatively. i met a blonde dude who was prettier than me not so long ago. he's not so pretty now! ha!
:
: ...and well, he wasn't really prettier than me. he just had nice hair.
SuperRobotWars
Posts: 3,906
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/4/2010 8:23:37 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 12/4/2010 8:17:19 PM, sherlockmethod wrote:
At 12/4/2010 8:04:35 PM, SuperRobotWars wrote:
At 12/4/2010 7:59:55 PM, sherlockmethod wrote:
Why not examine more reasonable solutions such as inhabiting the more remote zones on earth?

Still not enough resources to run such a vastly growing population of humans space fits our needs the best . . .

Even if this is true, space will not provide those resources. We have, as of yet, found a planet that could grow the resources we need and we have not yet found a way to travel very far into space. I think looking at increasing our productivity here and using the space still available would be more reasonable.

All we need is to grow algae in massive tanks and scientists have already proven the fact that we can find most of those necessary materials in space and we can synthesize proper growing conditions for organisms like cattle, trees, flowers, etc . . . etc . . . there is not enough space still available and the chances of our species survival increases when we have other worlds that we live on . . .
Minister Of Trolling
: At 12/6/2011 2:21:41 PM, badger wrote:
: ugly people should beat beautiful people ugly. simple! you'd be killing two birds with the one stone... women like violent men and you're making yourself more attractive, relatively. i met a blonde dude who was prettier than me not so long ago. he's not so pretty now! ha!
:
: ...and well, he wasn't really prettier than me. he just had nice hair.
SuperRobotWars
Posts: 3,906
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/4/2010 8:25:41 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 12/4/2010 8:09:48 PM, Mirza wrote:
At 12/4/2010 4:23:48 PM, SuperRobotWars wrote:
At 12/4/2010 1:38:39 PM, Mirza wrote:
At 12/4/2010 1:37:08 PM, SuperRobotWars wrote:
At 12/4/2010 1:16:57 PM, Korashk wrote:
One could make the argument that there aren't enough resources, but the Earth's size is not an issue.

The fact still remains that humans must head towards the heavens . . .
No, we must not. Do you think that we should seek shelter and create peace in a vastness much greater than we are used to?

Too many people on one world the only solutions are: mass extermination (we don't wan that now do we), spaying and neutering of massive quantities of humans (don't want this either), or we seek new resources and worlds on the final frontier (perfect)

Whats wrong with something being vaster than we are used to it makes no difference, man went from the trees to the plains to the rest of other continents to the seas to more continents and now we have space why not utilize to the benefit of all living organisms by terraforming new worlds and living on them and if we get lonely we will use our knowledge and make a new technological specie and put them on their own world to evolve and one day spread across the stars as we have (if we do which is necessary).
There is no humanity in space without humanity on Earth.

I never said abandon earth I said we need to move huge chunks of our population from earth and your argument makes no sense see the definition of humanity . . . http://dictionary.reference.com...
Minister Of Trolling
: At 12/6/2011 2:21:41 PM, badger wrote:
: ugly people should beat beautiful people ugly. simple! you'd be killing two birds with the one stone... women like violent men and you're making yourself more attractive, relatively. i met a blonde dude who was prettier than me not so long ago. he's not so pretty now! ha!
:
: ...and well, he wasn't really prettier than me. he just had nice hair.
nonentity
Posts: 5,008
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/4/2010 8:25:57 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 12/4/2010 8:19:52 PM, SuperRobotWars wrote:
At 12/4/2010 8:13:44 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
The Earth is far from being over populated.

It already is . . . its called the balance of an ecosystem we humans have tipped this balance far too much so we need a new area to expand so lets go to space . . . its like having 1000 wolves in an area with only 5 deer and nothing else for the wolves to eat it wont end well for the wolves or the deer . . .

The problem with food is not for lack of. There is more than enough food on this planet. As far as I know, there's no food in space...
SuperRobotWars
Posts: 3,906
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/4/2010 8:27:44 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 12/4/2010 8:25:57 PM, TulleKrazy wrote:
At 12/4/2010 8:19:52 PM, SuperRobotWars wrote:
At 12/4/2010 8:13:44 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
The Earth is far from being over populated.

It already is . . . its called the balance of an ecosystem we humans have tipped this balance far too much so we need a new area to expand so lets go to space . . . its like having 1000 wolves in an area with only 5 deer and nothing else for the wolves to eat it wont end well for the wolves or the deer . . .

The problem with food is not for lack of. There is more than enough food on this planet. As far as I know, there's no food in space...

We make food and we have already proven we can do that in space plus that was not an argument about food that was an argument about sustainability and resources . . .
Minister Of Trolling
: At 12/6/2011 2:21:41 PM, badger wrote:
: ugly people should beat beautiful people ugly. simple! you'd be killing two birds with the one stone... women like violent men and you're making yourself more attractive, relatively. i met a blonde dude who was prettier than me not so long ago. he's not so pretty now! ha!
:
: ...and well, he wasn't really prettier than me. he just had nice hair.
GeoLaureate8
Posts: 12,252
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/4/2010 8:29:23 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 12/4/2010 8:19:52 PM, SuperRobotWars wrote:
At 12/4/2010 8:13:44 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
The Earth is far from being over populated.

It already is . . . its called the balance of an ecosystem we humans have tipped this balance far too much so we need a new area to expand so lets go to space . . . its like having 1000 wolves in an area with only 5 deer and nothing else for the wolves to eat it wont end well for the wolves or the deer . . .

You're dreaming. There's enough food to feed the world's population several times over, but because of global elites and capitalism, people are able to horde all the resources for themselves and resources aren't evenly distributed amongst the population.

Plus, you could fit the entire world's population on Australia. So much for overpopulation.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
SuperRobotWars
Posts: 3,906
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/4/2010 8:32:50 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 12/4/2010 8:29:23 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
At 12/4/2010 8:19:52 PM, SuperRobotWars wrote:
At 12/4/2010 8:13:44 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
The Earth is far from being over populated.

It already is . . . its called the balance of an ecosystem we humans have tipped this balance far too much so we need a new area to expand so lets go to space . . . its like having 1000 wolves in an area with only 5 deer and nothing else for the wolves to eat it wont end well for the wolves or the deer . . .

You're dreaming. There's enough food to feed the world's population several times over, but because of global elites and capitalism, people are able to horde all the resources for themselves and resources aren't evenly distributed amongst the population.

Plus, you could fit the entire world's population on Australia. So much for overpopulation.

As I said it was not an argument of food it was an argument of resources and sustainability . . .
Minister Of Trolling
: At 12/6/2011 2:21:41 PM, badger wrote:
: ugly people should beat beautiful people ugly. simple! you'd be killing two birds with the one stone... women like violent men and you're making yourself more attractive, relatively. i met a blonde dude who was prettier than me not so long ago. he's not so pretty now! ha!
:
: ...and well, he wasn't really prettier than me. he just had nice hair.
nonentity
Posts: 5,008
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/4/2010 8:35:12 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 12/4/2010 8:27:44 PM, SuperRobotWars wrote:
At 12/4/2010 8:25:57 PM, TulleKrazy wrote:
At 12/4/2010 8:19:52 PM, SuperRobotWars wrote:
At 12/4/2010 8:13:44 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
The Earth is far from being over populated.

It already is . . . its called the balance of an ecosystem we humans have tipped this balance far too much so we need a new area to expand so lets go to space . . . its like having 1000 wolves in an area with only 5 deer and nothing else for the wolves to eat it wont end well for the wolves or the deer . . .

The problem with food is not for lack of. There is more than enough food on this planet. As far as I know, there's no food in space...

We make food and we have already proven we can do that in space plus that was not an argument about food that was an argument about sustainability and resources . . .

Why would we do that though when we can do it more easily on Earth? What resources are there in space? Based on your example, your argument is that you should take the 1000 wolves and put them in a place with no deer.
vardas0antras
Posts: 983
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/4/2010 8:38:18 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 12/4/2010 12:58:46 PM, SuperRobotWars wrote:
Earth is too small to maintain the entire human presence upon it so lets go to the stars and colonize new worlds . . .

1.Earth isn't too small its the people who are to dumb and corrupt to use it properly.
Unless we get rid of these two problems, ultimately, no amount of new worlds will be enough.
2.There are no current planets we could inhabit.
"When he awoke in a tomb three days later he would actually have believed that he rose from the dead" FREEDO about the resurrection of Jesus Christ
SuperRobotWars
Posts: 3,906
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/4/2010 8:39:51 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 12/4/2010 8:35:12 PM, TulleKrazy wrote:
At 12/4/2010 8:27:44 PM, SuperRobotWars wrote:
At 12/4/2010 8:25:57 PM, TulleKrazy wrote:
At 12/4/2010 8:19:52 PM, SuperRobotWars wrote:
At 12/4/2010 8:13:44 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
The Earth is far from being over populated.

It already is . . . its called the balance of an ecosystem we humans have tipped this balance far too much so we need a new area to expand so lets go to space . . . its like having 1000 wolves in an area with only 5 deer and nothing else for the wolves to eat it wont end well for the wolves or the deer . . .

The problem with food is not for lack of. There is more than enough food on this planet. As far as I know, there's no food in space...

We make food and we have already proven we can do that in space plus that was not an argument about food that was an argument about sustainability and resources . . .

Why would we do that though when we can do it more easily on Earth? What resources are there in space? Based on your example, your argument is that you should take the 1000 wolves and put them in a place with no deer.

You all don't get the basic idea of a metaphor do0 you, and read this if you want to know the resources in space . . . http://www.space.com... . . . plus you could do your own research stop being so subjective in your views . . .
Minister Of Trolling
: At 12/6/2011 2:21:41 PM, badger wrote:
: ugly people should beat beautiful people ugly. simple! you'd be killing two birds with the one stone... women like violent men and you're making yourself more attractive, relatively. i met a blonde dude who was prettier than me not so long ago. he's not so pretty now! ha!
:
: ...and well, he wasn't really prettier than me. he just had nice hair.
nonentity
Posts: 5,008
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/4/2010 8:42:46 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 12/4/2010 8:39:51 PM, SuperRobotWars wrote:
At 12/4/2010 8:35:12 PM, TulleKrazy wrote:
At 12/4/2010 8:27:44 PM, SuperRobotWars wrote:
At 12/4/2010 8:25:57 PM, TulleKrazy wrote:
At 12/4/2010 8:19:52 PM, SuperRobotWars wrote:
At 12/4/2010 8:13:44 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
The Earth is far from being over populated.

It already is . . . its called the balance of an ecosystem we humans have tipped this balance far too much so we need a new area to expand so lets go to space . . . its like having 1000 wolves in an area with only 5 deer and nothing else for the wolves to eat it wont end well for the wolves or the deer . . .

The problem with food is not for lack of. There is more than enough food on this planet. As far as I know, there's no food in space...

We make food and we have already proven we can do that in space plus that was not an argument about food that was an argument about sustainability and resources . . .

Why would we do that though when we can do it more easily on Earth? What resources are there in space? Based on your example, your argument is that you should take the 1000 wolves and put them in a place with no deer.

You all don't get the basic idea of a metaphor do0 you, and read this if you want to know the resources in space . . . http://www.space.com... . . . plus you could do your own research stop being so subjective in your views . . .

No. You made the thread and made a silly assertion; it's your job to back it up and not mine to care enough to research something I think is stupid. Sorry. I don't see anything about water in your link. I'm done here.
nonentity
Posts: 5,008
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/4/2010 8:44:06 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 12/4/2010 8:42:46 PM, TulleKrazy wrote:
At 12/4/2010 8:39:51 PM, SuperRobotWars wrote:
At 12/4/2010 8:35:12 PM, TulleKrazy wrote:
At 12/4/2010 8:27:44 PM, SuperRobotWars wrote:
At 12/4/2010 8:25:57 PM, TulleKrazy wrote:
At 12/4/2010 8:19:52 PM, SuperRobotWars wrote:
At 12/4/2010 8:13:44 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
The Earth is far from being over populated.

It already is . . . its called the balance of an ecosystem we humans have tipped this balance far too much so we need a new area to expand so lets go to space . . . its like having 1000 wolves in an area with only 5 deer and nothing else for the wolves to eat it wont end well for the wolves or the deer . . .

The problem with food is not for lack of. There is more than enough food on this planet. As far as I know, there's no food in space...

We make food and we have already proven we can do that in space plus that was not an argument about food that was an argument about sustainability and resources . . .

Why would we do that though when we can do it more easily on Earth? What resources are there in space? Based on your example, your argument is that you should take the 1000 wolves and put them in a place with no deer.

You all don't get the basic idea of a metaphor do0 you, and read this if you want to know the resources in space . . . http://www.space.com... . . . plus you could do your own research stop being so subjective in your views . . .

No. You made the thread and made a silly assertion; it's your job to back it up and not mine to care enough to research something I think is stupid. Sorry. I don't see anything about definitive water in your link. I'm done here.
SuperRobotWars
Posts: 3,906
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/4/2010 8:45:14 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 12/4/2010 8:38:18 PM, vardas0antras wrote:
At 12/4/2010 12:58:46 PM, SuperRobotWars wrote:
Earth is too small to maintain the entire human presence upon it so lets go to the stars and colonize new worlds . . .

1.Earth isn't too small its the people who are to dumb and corrupt to use it properly.
Unless we get rid of these two problems, ultimately, no amount of new worlds will be enough.
2.There are no current planets we could inhabit.

There are tons of world we could inhabit (most of them are not even planets) we only need our technology in order for us to survive we do not need an exact replica of earth we can make a new earth (just not exactly like the original) the universe is infinite hence the number of possible habitable worlds are infinite and I understand what you are saying about that corrupt element but there is no way we can get rid of them currently the only way man will ever be able to get rid of them is if man evolves into god-like beings . . .
Minister Of Trolling
: At 12/6/2011 2:21:41 PM, badger wrote:
: ugly people should beat beautiful people ugly. simple! you'd be killing two birds with the one stone... women like violent men and you're making yourself more attractive, relatively. i met a blonde dude who was prettier than me not so long ago. he's not so pretty now! ha!
:
: ...and well, he wasn't really prettier than me. he just had nice hair.
SuperRobotWars
Posts: 3,906
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/4/2010 8:46:29 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 12/4/2010 8:42:46 PM, TulleKrazy wrote:
At 12/4/2010 8:39:51 PM, SuperRobotWars wrote:
At 12/4/2010 8:35:12 PM, TulleKrazy wrote:
At 12/4/2010 8:27:44 PM, SuperRobotWars wrote:
At 12/4/2010 8:25:57 PM, TulleKrazy wrote:
At 12/4/2010 8:19:52 PM, SuperRobotWars wrote:
At 12/4/2010 8:13:44 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
The Earth is far from being over populated.

It already is . . . its called the balance of an ecosystem we humans have tipped this balance far too much so we need a new area to expand so lets go to space . . . its like having 1000 wolves in an area with only 5 deer and nothing else for the wolves to eat it wont end well for the wolves or the deer . . .

The problem with food is not for lack of. There is more than enough food on this planet. As far as I know, there's no food in space...

We make food and we have already proven we can do that in space plus that was not an argument about food that was an argument about sustainability and resources . . .

Why would we do that though when we can do it more easily on Earth? What resources are there in space? Based on your example, your argument is that you should take the 1000 wolves and put them in a place with no deer.

You all don't get the basic idea of a metaphor do0 you, and read this if you want to know the resources in space . . . http://www.space.com... . . . plus you could do your own research stop being so subjective in your views . . .

No. You made the thread and made a silly assertion; it's your job to back it up and not mine to care enough to research something I think is stupid. Sorry. I don't see anything about water in your link. I'm done here.

Wow you do realize most celestial bodies are giant Ice-Cubes . . . ? Ignorance must be bliss . . .
Minister Of Trolling
: At 12/6/2011 2:21:41 PM, badger wrote:
: ugly people should beat beautiful people ugly. simple! you'd be killing two birds with the one stone... women like violent men and you're making yourself more attractive, relatively. i met a blonde dude who was prettier than me not so long ago. he's not so pretty now! ha!
:
: ...and well, he wasn't really prettier than me. he just had nice hair.
SuperRobotWars
Posts: 3,906
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/4/2010 8:53:50 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 12/4/2010 8:49:58 PM, wjmelements wrote:
The earth is not, can not be, and will never be overpopulated.

It already has been by humans as I have stated before . . .
Minister Of Trolling
: At 12/6/2011 2:21:41 PM, badger wrote:
: ugly people should beat beautiful people ugly. simple! you'd be killing two birds with the one stone... women like violent men and you're making yourself more attractive, relatively. i met a blonde dude who was prettier than me not so long ago. he's not so pretty now! ha!
:
: ...and well, he wasn't really prettier than me. he just had nice hair.
mongeese
Posts: 5,387
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/4/2010 9:03:16 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 12/4/2010 8:29:23 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
At 12/4/2010 8:19:52 PM, SuperRobotWars wrote:
At 12/4/2010 8:13:44 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
The Earth is far from being over populated.

It already is . . . its called the balance of an ecosystem we humans have tipped this balance far too much so we need a new area to expand so lets go to space . . . its like having 1000 wolves in an area with only 5 deer and nothing else for the wolves to eat it wont end well for the wolves or the deer . . .

You're dreaming. There's enough food to feed the world's population several times over, but because of global elites and capitalism, people are able to horde all the resources for themselves and resources aren't evenly distributed amongst the population.

No, people don't hoard food. The government literally pays farmers to burn their crops to the ground. So much for the starving...

Plus, you could fit the entire world's population on Australia. So much for overpopulation.

Sure, let's try that. How much land would each person end up with? And how many resources? How cramped would it be? Yeah, let's not try that.
webos1337
Posts: 50
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/4/2010 9:14:42 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 12/4/2010 8:49:58 PM, wjmelements wrote:
The earth is not, can not be, and will never be overpopulated.

Define overpopulated, it varries person to person so thats the wrong term to use.
sherlockmethod
Posts: 317
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/4/2010 9:42:25 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
Robot,
You are talking to a lot of people who would love to colonize other areas of the universe. The problems are numerous though, and other options are currently available that would handle an overpopulation problem. We can all agree that overpopulation occurs when a species outgrows its food source.We know this happens and we know it has happened countless times; it is part and parcel of natural section and, more fully, evolution. Many on this thread agree on that point.

The problem is this: You have not shown the earth is overpopulated overall. Some areas, yes, but the earth as a whole can withstand a lot more people if we are smart about it. I read the article you listed but I could not find more of the source materials and we do not have a means to mine much in space yet, get people there with any reliability yet, nor inhabit an artificial zone on the moon or Mars yet. We can't travel too far either.

I agree all these things are possible in the future, but can we not use more of our planet's space (Ocean homes, anyone)? How much of our limited resources will be used to create these atmospheres on other celestial objects?

I have tons of points on this. Do you want to debate this issue? I should have time for one more as my opponent quit on one, and I have done the research on the other.
RESOLVED: The Earth is too small to sustain the human population; therefore, we need to colonize space to continue as a species.
I will make it up if you want and you can mess around with the resolution or whatever. Let me know.
Library cards: Stopping stupid one book at a time.