Jump to topic:

dynamic duo enforcing patriarchy...

SkyLeach
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2016 1:58:17 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
Through hundreds of thousands if not millions of years the mammalian evolutionary branch has split responsibility for low-empathy high-violence vs. high-empathy social protection between the sexes.

This means that for society to change a view on roles, society has to place a basic-level (meme level) trust as a voting whole into the role of high-empathy social protection. Throughout the history of social evolution, any threat to the social group that attempted passive resistance and/or social embrace of a hostile cultural influence resulted in the loss of the social group's identity. Even when the social group was not destroyed immediately through violent oppression, it was subsumed and subjugated through suppression of the minor group's culture.

In effect, we have near-parity on the sociological and biological evolutionary vectors that, when the fecal matter hits the rotary impeller, empathetic and passive resistance always fails.

When children experience a threat, the family nearly always expects the male role to thwart the threat to protect the family group. Females tend towards better planning and prevention, certainly, but when that isn't enough the social groups, from the family level to the social level, invariably turn towards the male perspective for protection.

Attempting to reverse this expectation in leadership violates the basic biological and sociological evolutionary vectors. While arguments can be rationally made for female leadership, this is always going to be a hurdle beyond the standard emotional appeal techniques used by media.

For this reason, I predict that Hillary Clinton, all other arguments aside, stands absolutely no chance in hell of winning the upcoming election.

P.S. I posted this in science rather than politics because I'm more interested in the biological/sociological interplay than in the political arguments.
Math is just another language, however one without analogy.

- http://arxiv.org...
keithprosser
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2016 2:54:20 PM
I think you're saying people vote for father figures, not mother figures. I have one word to say to that (or two words) : Margaret Thatcher.
dee-em
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/9/2016 1:14:09 AM
At 5/8/2016 2:54:20 PM, keithprosser wrote:
I think you're saying people vote for father figures, not mother figures. I have one word to say to that (or two words) : Margaret Thatcher.

How about:

Julia Gillard; Australian PM; 2010-2013
Helen Clark; New Zealand PM; 1999-2008
Angela Merkel; German Chancellor; 2008-now
Benazir Bhutto; Pakistan PM; 1988-1990, 1993-1996
Indira Ghandi; Indian PM; 1980-1984
Etc.
dee-em
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/9/2016 1:18:38 AM
At 5/9/2016 1:14:09 AM, dee-em wrote:

How about:

Julia Gillard; Australian PM; 2010-2013
Helen Clark; New Zealand PM; 1999-2008
Angela Merkel; German Chancellor; 2008-now
Benazir Bhutto; Pakistan PM; 1988-1990, 1993-1996
Indira Ghandi; Indian PM; 1980-1984
Etc.

* Indira Ghandi; Indian PM; 1966-1977, 1980-1984 *

And Ceylon/Sri Lanka has had a procession of female Prime Ministers for the last 50 years.
SkyLeach
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/9/2016 2:15:55 AM

Not so much vote, as turn towards instinctively for protection roles. Votes can be influenced by a great many things.

Nevertheless, when I consider other female leaders I find my knowledge of the political systems in which they came to power deplorable, and so I have a great deal to read before having any opinion of value.
Math is just another language, however one without analogy.

- http://arxiv.org...