Jump to topic:

Man's Scientists destroying the world

Peternosaint
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/5/2016 10:14:02 AM
Posted: 6 months ago
Not only is greed and power used to entice scientists to come up with something that the power mongers think will make them famous, but also the inability of the said scientists to accept that they really do not know the origin of the earth or its age. It maybe that the scientists themselves say, "Come up with the right amount of money, and we will tell you what you want to hear".

One of the old concepts of building a great dam was seen on TV as a Doco that showed that greed and great expectations led to the killing of myriads of people and the destruction of a fertile valley that has sustained a population for hundreds of years.

Because the scientists, and a "newly qualified" geologist could not accept that a world wide flood had laid a sediment formation just a few short years (In scientific terms) before they decided that the earth surrounds of this dam had had millions of years to settle, which in their summation was plenty of time to be sufficient for the land to hold the massive amounts of water that they had estimated.

What did happen was the after the dam wall was constructed, and the water began to fill the dam, the sedimentary earth around the sides of the catchment began to collapse, as could have been predicted if the millions of years was revisited.

This collapse caused a large tsunami to rage down the valley and over top the dam, and destroying the land and people below.

When you look at Scientific discovery, and "Achievements" how many could we have done without? Even if you work on the callous principle that it may have done more for the world than it had harmed, it is still not good advertisement for the combination of greed and science.

I think that may people will say that man is heading in the direction of self destruction and nothing can stop it. I am comfortable in the thought that it will not happen, man will not destroy the world, no matter how greedy he gets.
Axonly
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/5/2016 10:36:36 AM
At 6/5/2016 10:14:02 AM, Peternosaint wrote:
Not only is greed and power used to entice scientists to come up with something that the power mongers think will make them famous, but also the inability of the said scientists to accept that they really do not know the origin of the earth or its age. It maybe that the scientists themselves say, "Come up with the right amount of money, and we will tell you what you want to hear".

One of the old concepts of building a great dam was seen on TV as a Doco that showed that greed and great expectations led to the killing of myriads of people and the destruction of a fertile valley that has sustained a population for hundreds of years.

Because the scientists, and a "newly qualified" geologist could not accept that a world wide flood had laid a sediment formation just a few short years (In scientific terms) before they decided that the earth surrounds of this dam had had millions of years to settle, which in their summation was plenty of time to be sufficient for the land to hold the massive amounts of water that they had estimated.

What did happen was the after the dam wall was constructed, and the water began to fill the dam, the sedimentary earth around the sides of the catchment began to collapse, as could have been predicted if the millions of years was revisited.

This collapse caused a large tsunami to rage down the valley and over top the dam, and destroying the land and people below.

When you look at Scientific discovery, and "Achievements" how many could we have done without? Even if you work on the callous principle that it may have done more for the world than it had harmed, it is still not good advertisement for the combination of greed and science.

I think that may people will say that man is heading in the direction of self destruction and nothing can stop it. I am comfortable in the thought that it will not happen, man will not destroy the world, no matter how greedy he gets.

I think you meant to post this in the religion forum :)
Meh!
Fkkize
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/5/2016 10:43:21 AM
At 6/5/2016 10:36:36 AM, Axonly wrote:

Implying this is not the religion forum.
: At 7/2/2016 3:05:07 PM, Rational_Thinker9119 wrote:
:
: space contradicts logic
Axonly
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/5/2016 10:45:53 AM
At 6/5/2016 10:43:21 AM, Fkkize wrote:
At 6/5/2016 10:36:36 AM, Axonly wrote:

Implying this is not the religion forum.

DDO science forum: Home of flat-earthers, evolution deniers and general science denial. Also occasionally real science.
Meh!
DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/5/2016 3:42:05 PM

What dam? Where? Citations required.

Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
RuvDraba
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/5/2016 5:12:34 PM
It may be that the scientists themselves say, "Come up with the right amount of money, and we will tell you what you want to hear".
Some scientists might. However, science has multiple safeguards in place to help stop scientists lying undetected to scientists, and to the world.

Does our Original Poster know what they are? I hereby invite him to list them, or else admit that he has no idea.

Because the scientists, and a "newly qualified" geologist could not accept that a world wide flood had laid a sediment formation just a few short years (In scientific terms) before they decided that the earth surrounds of this dam had had millions of years to settle
Hmm... Firstly, a geologist is a scientist, isn't it? Because geology is y'know... a science. So perhaps our OP meant 'geological engineer'.

Secondly, it certainly isn't true that a collapsed dam has ever proven a global flood; nor have any other reported scientific data that I've ever seen. I'm not aware of any geological engineering required to model global floods in hydrological design. If this failure truly made one (uncited, unauthenticated) dam collapse, you'd really think it'd make most of them collapse, since I've never heard of any built on global flood assumptions, but they are built on common design methods. Yet the world was building 1,000 big dams a year in the early 20th century. There are now some 845,000 dams globally, damming 65% of all ocean-bound fresh water. [http://discovermagazine.com...] China alone has more than 23,000 big dams, and virtually no Chinese believe in a global flood. Where are all the drowned citizens attesting to human geological ignorance?

I wonder if our Original Poster knows what it would take scientifically to demonstrate a global flood? I hereby invite him to present what he believes is the minimum evidence needed to satisfy most geologists that this had occurred, with citations, or else admit that he's completely clueless.

Thirdly, I wonder what safeguards has our Original Poster demanded so that no theologian can lie to him undetected, and how they are enforced? I hereby invite our Original Poster to list them, or else admit that he uses double standards.

Finally, what standards does he believe should apply to his posts so that ignorant, scientophobic religious zealots will not 'tell us anything to justify their faith'? I hereby invite our Original Poster to list them, or else admit that he's perpetrating an hypocrisy on this forum.
RuvDraba
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/5/2016 5:33:10 PM
Hmm. Post-finally, I think there's some cause for celebration. Only yesterday, "Man's Scientists" (have you met any others?) were destroying the whole universe. [http://www.debate.org...] But today they've downscaled by a factor of 10 ^ 24 and are only destroying one world -- and even then, they're taking it slow, and apparently doing it one dam at a time.

So... something has happened overnight to seriously reduce the scope of their geodestructive ambitions. They've been reduced from the equivalent of exploding dinosaurs to ... well, I'm not sure we've ever found anything one 10 ^ 24th of a dinosaur in size, but if quarks had hair, I'm sure "Man's Scientists" would be singing it menacingly.
Peternosaint
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/5/2016 11:11:59 PM
This is in answer to all of you who post in the science forum, as you have done here, and as usual you have completely missed the point I was making.

You scream citation! Proof! What, where and when, and my statement was Man's scientists are destroying the world.

Man's scientist is not the same as scientist's scientists. The prior are the ones that do their job for the highest bidder. The latter play science to impress their peers. Some even do some good, at a price.

It appears that you all think your are Einstein or Newton or Galileo, but I doubt that you have done anything worth a mention...The empty can makes the most sound.

I did think the inquisition was finally over, but here I am subject to..."Admit this or you will be stoned...Admit that or you will be sent to hell....Admit something else or you will be tortured by us, the Order of the Holy and Infallible Science experts."

"Expert being thus: Ex is an unknown quantity and Spurt is a drip under pressure. and you all fit the bill.

The rot you carried on about geologists having in mind a global flood is ridiculous to the extreme. They are scientists or Pseudo Scientist, just like you lot, and if the dirt looks right to them up goes whatever building is to go up. The same with other "Experts", and all of them have a contract that gives them immunity if they are wrong.

The dam I spoke about was early in the 20th Century, and I was watching the doco as the information came out. I was not concerned with detail, but with the thought that man,in general, does not know it all.

How many houses, expensive houses at that, drop into the sea because poor consideration was given to the siting. How many motor vehicles are recalled because of manufacture failures that were caused by design "experts".

What are the greedy "experts" doing to the Amazon, and its inhabitants.

Indignation is all one gets when he hits a 'sore point' with you lot.

Show me where the many egg heads have revealed their mistakes and not blamed "Mother Nature" of some other "Experts"....Or forever hold you piece and admit that you are a blind bigot that has no idea what is going on.

Carry fumbling through, you blind ignorant morons!!!!!! Your gene pool comes from the one that "evolved" from Diarrhea.
Peternosaint
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/5/2016 11:16:34 PM
At 6/5/2016 11:11:59 PM, Peternosaint wrote:
This is in answer to all of you who post in the science forum, as you have done here, and as usual you have completely missed the point I was making.

You scream citation! Proof! What, where and when, and my statement was Man's scientists are destroying the world.

Man's scientist is not the same as scientist's scientists. The prior are the ones that do their job for the highest bidder. The latter play science to impress their peers. Some even do some good, at a price.

It appears that you all think your are Einstein or Newton or Galileo, but I doubt that you have done anything worth a mention...The empty can makes the most sound.

I did think the inquisition was finally over, but here I am subject to..."Admit this or you will be stoned...Admit that or you will be sent to hell....Admit something else or you will be tortured by us, the Order of the Holy and Infallible Science experts."

"Expert being thus: Ex is an unknown quantity and Spurt is a drip under pressure. and you all fit the bill.

The rot you carried on about geologists having in mind a global flood is ridiculous to the extreme. They are scientists or Pseudo Scientist, just like you lot, and if the dirt looks right to them up goes whatever building is to go up. The same with other "Experts", and all of them have a contract that gives them immunity if they are wrong.

The dam I spoke about was early in the 20th Century, and I was watching the doco as the information came out. I was not concerned with detail, but with the thought that man,in general, does not know it all.

How many houses, expensive houses at that, drop into the sea because poor consideration was given to the siting. How many motor vehicles are recalled because of manufacture failures that were caused by design "experts".

Show me where the many egg heads have revealed their mistakes and not blamed "Mother Nature" of some other "Experts"....Or forever hold you piece and admit that you are a blind bigot that has no idea what is going on.

Carry fumbling through, you blind ignorant morons!!!!!! Your gene pool comes from the one that "evolved" from Diarrhea.

Fancy missing this: Who said that a geologist is a scientist, not I, but that is expected of the mongrel dogs when they on attack, they go blind to anything that is not what they are attacking.

Read: The Scientists and "a newly qualified geologist". Idiot!
VelCrow
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/6/2016 1:42:38 AM
At 6/5/2016 11:16:34 PM, Peternosaint wrote:
At 6/5/2016 11:11:59 PM, Peternosaint wrote:

Fancy missing this: Who said that a geologist is a scientist, not I, but that is expected of the mongrel dogs when they on attack, they go blind to anything that is not what they are attacking.

Read: The Scientists and "a newly qualified geologist". Idiot!

Oh no! This thread was poisoned!

VelCrow used antidote.
"Ah....So when god "Taught you" online, did he have a user name like "Darthmaulrules1337", and did he talk in all caps?" ~ Axonly

http://www.debate.org...