Jump to topic:

Mars

Peternosaint
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/8/2016 8:54:10 AM
Posted: 6 months ago
Friendly little game: On the East Coast of NSW Australia, Mars is quite clear and red.

I would say that it sits at about 7.00pm at 6.30PM. The way I get 7.00PM is by standing left side to the planet, raising the right hand to 12.00, and then the left hand to Mars.

I have absolutely no idea if that is a way to position the Red Planet, but it seems to be about right for me.

Now, who else can see Mars? At what time does it appear? and at which position is it in the sky at around the same time as mine 6.30PM.

Next: Is anyone clever enough to guess what area, or country, each one is viewing from with the same stats or if someone knows how to, better Stats??
Axonly
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/8/2016 10:02:31 AM
At 6/8/2016 8:54:10 AM, Peternosaint wrote:
Friendly little game: On the East Coast of NSW Australia, Mars is quite clear and red.

I would say that it sits at about 7.00pm at 6.30PM. The way I get 7.00PM is by standing left side to the planet, raising the right hand to 12.00, and then the left hand to Mars.

I have absolutely no idea if that is a way to position the Red Planet, but it seems to be about right for me.

Now, who else can see Mars? At what time does it appear? and at which position is it in the sky at around the same time as mine 6.30PM.

Next: Is anyone clever enough to guess what area, or country, each one is viewing from with the same stats or if someone knows how to, better Stats??

An easier way is by giving the location of the observer (For me, NZ), the time, (10pm here), the direction of the planet (Mars @ slightly to the left of east) and angle relative to the ground (About 50 degrees off the ground).

From here, Saturn is also about 10 degrees down and a little to the right.

Also, Jupiter is up of course (Hard to miss it).
Meh!
Axonly
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/8/2016 10:03:37 AM
At 6/8/2016 10:02:31 AM, Axonly wrote:

An easier way is by giving the location of the observer (For me, NZ), the time, (10pm here), the direction of the planet (Mars @ slightly to the left of east) and angle relative to the ground (About 50 degrees off the ground).

If given precise measurements, you can pretty much predict exactly where someone is.
Meh!
Peternosaint
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/8/2016 11:11:35 PM
At 6/8/2016 10:03:37 AM, Axonly wrote:

If given precise measurements, you can pretty much predict exactly where someone is.

ME: Do you mean if I say I am standing 10 meters in front of Woolworths Brisbane City Australia at 9.00am Thursday 2016. You will be able to tell me where I am? lol

My question is that if someone gives you the position they see a stella object, and at what time, you can tell which country they are looking at it from.
Axonly
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/9/2016 12:12:54 AM
At 6/8/2016 11:11:35 PM, Peternosaint wrote:
At 6/8/2016 10:03:37 AM, Axonly wrote:

ME: Do you mean if I say I am standing 10 meters in front of Woolworths Brisbane City Australia at 9.00am Thursday 2016. You will be able to tell me where I am? lol

My question is that if someone gives you the position they see a stella object, and at what time, you can tell which country they are looking at it from.

Definitely, there's actually a NASA app that can give you a real time representation of where everything thing is in the sky at a particular location
Meh!