Why are humans important?

fire_wings
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/20/2016 3:49:04 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
This is a question I ask to almost everyone. Hear the different answers

My brother: We're humans, so for us, we are the most important.

Friend #1: Cause we're awesome

Friend #2: Cause we can read, and write, etc.

Friend #3: Nothing, but we think we are the most important, that is usual.

I think that humans and other animals are equal. Like, we are unique animals, we can read and write, and talk, but dolphins can communicate too! Also unique does not mean good. Like it is our perspective, but what about other animals? Why are we awesome? We do think we are the most important, but that is bad.

And humans thinking they are the best is bad. Like this is in many issues, such as animal rights. We humans think about what is the best for us, when we are all animals. So now, I am animals rights Pro, even though I can argue for Con. Like the debate killing insects are immoral. Of course this is Pro!!! But many people think that insects are not important, and we kill them. We think they are creepy, they will probably think we are like giants. What if we are opposites? What will you think? This is why I believe that all animals are same.
#ALLHAILFIRETHEKINGOFTHEMISCFORUM

...it's not a new policy... it's just that DDO was built on an ancient burial ground, and that means the spirits of old rise again to cause us problems sometimes- Airmax1227

Wtf you must have an IQ of 250 if you're 11 and already decent at this- 16k

Go to sleep!!!!- missmozart

So to start off, I never committed suicide- Vaarka
janesix
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/20/2016 7:25:09 PM
At 6/20/2016 3:49:04 PM, fire_wings wrote:

I think that humans and other animals are equal. Like, we are unique animals, we can read and write, and talk, but dolphins can communicate too! Also unique does not mean good. Like it is our perspective, but what about other animals? Why are we awesome? We do think we are the most important, but that is bad.

And humans thinking they are the best is bad. Like this is in many issues, such as animal rights. We humans think about what is the best for us, when we are all animals. So now, I am animals rights Pro, even though I can argue for Con. Like the debate killing insects are immoral. Of course this is Pro!!! But many people think that insects are not important, and we kill them. We think they are creepy, they will probably think we are like giants. What if we are opposites? What will you think? This is why I believe that all animals are same.

Every living organism has it's place in the ecosystem. No one animal like humans is more important than the others. We all have our jobs to do.
RuvDraba
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/23/2016 1:40:52 AM

Nature is immensely cruel. It doesn't just subject its species to injury, disease and suffering, but it has extinguished around 99% of all species, rendering nearly all their suffering, struggle and adaptation pointless.

If we want a world of justice and kindness, it can only be achieved by creating it.

It's that desire, and our ability to pursue it, which makes our species important.

Dolphins haven't the technologies to heal one another's injuries, or save themselves from naturally-induced extinction, but humans can if we choose.

Whether we deserve it or not, we are the only species in our planet's history to have developed the capability to be stewards of terrestrial life.

So now we have to deserve it, and our first task in deserving it is ensuring that humans can survive our own natures, and the events our planet can expect to experience. It's not our only task, but if we die off as a species then this world will have neither kindness nor justice until another smart, cooperative, compassionate, tool-using species comes along to succeed us.

If it does.
Axonly
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/23/2016 12:50:38 PM

To be honest, we're not really important to the ecosystem, the world would thrive without us
Meh!