Total Posts:6|Showing Posts:1-6
Jump to topic:

Neanderthals

distraff
Posts: 1,002
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/3/2016 3:23:28 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
We have found hundreds of Neanderthal fossils in Europe and below is a list of sites that we have found Neanderthals often found buried together.
https://en.wikipedia.org...

Neanderthals are genetically 99.5% the same as humans while humans are 99.9% the same as each other. Humans are 96-99% the same as chimpanzees depending on how you measure. We know this because we have recovered neanderthal DNA from multiple specimens. From looking at a sample set of DNA scientists found that humans differ from each other by 0 - 100 pairs in the sample with an average of 50 and none go beyond 110. Humans differ from neaderthals by by 185 to 225 pairs with an average of 200. Neaderthals are genetically far outside the human range. We have found a Homo Sapien Denisova that is 400 pairs different which is about 99% the same and is definitely not the same species as us.
http://www.nature.com...
http://www.nature.com...
http://www.livescience.com...

Neanderthals are first found in 400,000 year old strata 200,000 years before we find modern humans. We see the first humans enter Europe about 45,000 years ago and Neaderthals went extinct about 40,000 years.
http://humanorigins.si.edu...

Neaderthals have thicker bones than modern humans and are shorter. They have a large eyebrow bone, projected faces, larger teeth, larger noses, larger jaws and have very short foreheads. Humans have very large foreheads compared to apes and Neanderthals have more ape-like faces than modern humans. Less brain area is in the frontal lobe devoted to higher intelligence in Neanderthals than in modern humans.

Here is a visual comparison of Neanderthals to humans:
http://www.godandscience.org...
http://anthro.palomar.edu...

Some claim that they are just humans with slightly more ape-like faces but the most protruding faces we see in humans are aboriginese and their skulls are far more like the average human than Neanderthals. Plus they are within the human genetic spectrum while Neanderthals are not:
http://tylzen.com...
https://jewamongyou.files.wordpress.com...

Here is a facial reconstruction of Neaderthal faces showing the eye brows protruding face, and small forehead:
http://4.bp.blogspot.com...
Akhenaten
Posts: 854
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/3/2016 3:36:27 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
Recent studies have found that cold conditions made the early humans grow larger and more robust. A large volcano destroyed much of the Europe continent which caused the fast decline of early humans in this area.
Axonly
Posts: 1,802
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/3/2016 8:56:47 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 7/3/2016 3:23:28 PM, distraff wrote:
We have found hundreds of Neanderthal fossils in Europe and below is a list of sites that we have found Neanderthals often found buried together.
https://en.wikipedia.org...

Neanderthals are genetically 99.5% the same as humans while humans are 99.9% the same as each other. Humans are 96-99% the same as chimpanzees depending on how you measure. We know this because we have recovered neanderthal DNA from multiple specimens. From looking at a sample set of DNA scientists found that humans differ from each other by 0 - 100 pairs in the sample with an average of 50 and none go beyond 110. Humans differ from neaderthals by by 185 to 225 pairs with an average of 200. Neaderthals are genetically far outside the human range. We have found a Homo Sapien Denisova that is 400 pairs different which is about 99% the same and is definitely not the same species as us.
http://www.nature.com...
http://www.nature.com...
http://www.livescience.com...

Neanderthals are first found in 400,000 year old strata 200,000 years before we find modern humans. We see the first humans enter Europe about 45,000 years ago and Neaderthals went extinct about 40,000 years.
http://humanorigins.si.edu...

Neaderthals have thicker bones than modern humans and are shorter. They have a large eyebrow bone, projected faces, larger teeth, larger noses, larger jaws and have very short foreheads. Humans have very large foreheads compared to apes and Neanderthals have more ape-like faces than modern humans. Less brain area is in the frontal lobe devoted to higher intelligence in Neanderthals than in modern humans.

Here is a visual comparison of Neanderthals to humans:
http://www.godandscience.org...
http://anthro.palomar.edu...

Some claim that they are just humans with slightly more ape-like faces but the most protruding faces we see in humans are aboriginese and their skulls are far more like the average human than Neanderthals. Plus they are within the human genetic spectrum while Neanderthals are not:
http://tylzen.com...
https://jewamongyou.files.wordpress.com...

Here is a facial reconstruction of Neaderthal faces showing the eye brows protruding face, and small forehead:
http://4.bp.blogspot.com...

It's worth noting that all Homo sapiens (Except Sub-Saharan Africans) contain Neanderthal DNA due to interbreeding, which is relevant because it supports Replacement Hypothesis.
Meh!
Joey888
Posts: 55
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/10/2016 5:23:14 AM
Posted: 4 months ago
It is quite funny to think that these people who lived so many years ago are our ancestors. Life must have short and brutal because they didn't have the things that we have today. It is amazing that they survived the harsh environment of the past.
Joseph
Akhenaten
Posts: 854
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/10/2016 4:25:43 PM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 7/10/2016 5:23:14 AM, Joey888 wrote:
It is quite funny to think that these people who lived so many years ago are our ancestors. Life must have short and brutal because they didn't have the things that we have today. It is amazing that they survived the harsh environment of the past.

Neanderthals lived longer than modern humans because they didn't have sugar, grain, alcohol, dairy and preservatives.
RuvDraba
Posts: 6,033
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/10/2016 4:43:49 PM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 7/10/2016 4:25:43 PM, Akhenaten wrote:
Neanderthals lived longer than modern humans because they didn't have sugar, grain, alcohol

They didn't live longer.

It just felt longer.