Jump to topic:

Can humans colonize exoplanets?

Joey888
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2016 11:11:51 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
Sure they can! In time, people will discover the secret to traveling to the stars and beyond. Explainers can be used as backup homes, should Earth face a global disaster.
Joseph
Outplayz
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/8/2016 2:49:40 AM
At 7/7/2016 11:11:51 PM, Joey888 wrote:
Sure they can! In time, people will discover the secret to traveling to the stars and beyond. Explainers can be used as backup homes, should Earth face a global disaster.

It is hard to think what humanity will create or discover. I mean, there are things we can think of right now that will blow our minds in a few decades... now, think of all the stuff we can't think of... they tend to come into play, and we've never imagined it today. I mean, whatever you can imagine, whatever our smartest minds can imagine... is imagined... i find it quite interesting that something will come along that isn't imagined.
Joey888
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2016 11:44:46 PM
At 7/8/2016 2:49:40 AM, Outplayz wrote:

It is hard to think what humanity will create or discover. I mean, there are things we can think of right now that will blow our minds in a few decades... now, think of all the stuff we can't think of... they tend to come into play, and we've never imagined it today. I mean, whatever you can imagine, whatever our smartest minds can imagine... is imagined... i find it quite interesting that something will come along that isn't imagined.

Now think about it. There have been many things invented that were once considered impossible. Heavier than air flying machines were once thought impossible, but now we have airplanes flying all around the world. The atomic bomb was once considered to be a weapon that could never be made. Now we have a treaty that prevents us from using those bombs. So traveling and colonizing a different planet may be impossible now, but may be possible in the future.
Joseph
Outplayz
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2016 2:02:56 AM
At 7/11/2016 11:44:46 PM, Joey888 wrote:

Now think about it. There have been many things invented that were once considered impossible. Heavier than air flying machines were once thought impossible, but now we have airplanes flying all around the world. The atomic bomb was once considered to be a weapon that could never be made. Now we have a treaty that prevents us from using those bombs. So traveling and colonizing a different planet may be impossible now, but may be possible in the future.

I share in your belief. I think it could happen one day too... or, maybe our purpose - destiny - is to return backwards bc we are capped out. Who knows what will happen, but i believe what you believe... if we don't F ourselves up, we can reach amazing heights.
Joey888
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2016 3:26:47 PM
At 7/12/2016 2:02:56 AM, Outplayz wrote:
At 7/11/2016 11:44:46 PM, Joey888 wrote:

I share in your belief. I think it could happen one day too... or, maybe our purpose - destiny - is to return backwards bc we are capped out. Who knows what will happen, but i believe what you believe... if we don't F ourselves up, we can reach amazing heights.

I believe that the date of humanity rests on the shoulders of humanity itself. It is our choice, whether we want to or not explore deep space and colonize it.
Joseph
bigotry
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2016 4:05:46 PM

Considering that

I doubt it. We havent put a person on the moon since the 70s and even that is a conspiracy theory because of the various russian cosmonauts that died from radiation in their own attempts. Until they can figure out how to overcome that radiation problem its not likely. We cant even protect people from natural disasters here on earth.
Joey888
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2016 4:17:45 PM
At 7/12/2016 4:05:46 PM, bigotry wrote:

Considering that

I doubt it. We havent put a person on the moon since the 70s and even that is a conspiracy theory because of the various russian cosmonauts that died from radiation in their own attempts. Until they can figure out how to overcome that radiation problem its not likely. We cant even protect people from natural disasters here on earth.

NASA is planning to put people on the moon again in 2020. The astronauts will then establish a moon base. I believe that this is some sort of test run before NASA and other space agencies begin landing people on Mars. There is a lot of technology that is to be invented that can protect people on Earth from natural disasters.
Joseph
Fuzzywuzzy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2016 4:34:19 PM
I don't think humans can colonize exoplanets because it might be dangerous. For example, people might not be used to the weather on the planet, and die. Another reason is that the people on the planet might run out of oxygen.
Fuzzbee
bigotry
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2016 5:34:01 PM
At 7/12/2016 4:17:45 PM, Joey888 wrote:

Considering that

NASA is planning to put people on the moon again in 2020. The astronauts will then establish a moon base. I believe that this is some sort of test run before NASA and other space agencies begin landing people on Mars. There is a lot of technology that is to be invented that can protect people on Earth from natural disasters.
Thats what they say but how long until some new war comes and screws the money for it up. They might have a way they think they can protect themselves but if they did, theyd already be doing it ya know.
Yea we have ways we attempt to protect ourselves but katrina still prevailed. Theres a pretty long list of humans thinking they can beat natural forces and losing...
Joey888
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2016 9:24:59 PM
At 7/12/2016 5:34:01 PM, bigotry wrote:
At 7/12/2016 4:17:45 PM, Joey888 wrote:

Considering that

Thats what they say but how long until some new war comes and screws the money for it up. They might have a way they think they can protect themselves but if they did, theyd already be doing it ya know.
Yea we have ways we attempt to protect ourselves but katrina still prevailed. Theres a pretty long list of humans thinking they can beat natural forces and losing...

It will take a lot of time before we can harness the elements on earth. It may take an even longer time to send a manned mission to a faraway planet. That time is not in sight yet, because the technology required for those kind of missions is still far away too.
Joseph
Joey888
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/13/2016 1:22:27 AM
Besides, people are always telling other people that anything is possible. So if anything is possible, that must mean that space travel and colonizing exoplanets are possible too, right?
Joseph
Joey888
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2016 9:17:47 PM
Posted: 4 months ago
Humans are making great efforts to understand their solar system. Recently, the satellite JUNO reached Jupiter and will begin doing its work soon. Understanding Jupiter will help us understand the formation of the entire solar system.
Joseph