Total Posts:61|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

What does the fossil record really...

LittleBallofHATE
Posts: 284
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/10/2016 10:44:20 AM
Posted: 4 months ago
What does the fossil record really teach concerning the theory of evolution? Do the fossils demonstrate the progression from simple structures to complex organisms? The following facts need to be considered:

http://www.christiananswers.net...
I would agree with you, but then we'd BOTH be wrong.
Riwaaz_Ras
Posts: 1,046
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/10/2016 12:19:40 PM
Posted: 4 months ago
Where are the fossils of failures?
(This is not a goodbye message. I may or may not come back after ten years.)
Looncall
Posts: 451
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/10/2016 12:30:06 PM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 7/10/2016 10:44:20 AM, LittleBallofHATE wrote:
What does the fossil record really teach concerning the theory of evolution? Do the fossils demonstrate the progression from simple structures to complex organisms? The following facts need to be considered:

http://www.christiananswers.net...

A disgusting farrago of out-of-date information, misrepresentations and outright lies.

Just what one should expect of a web site with "christian" in its name.
The metaphysicist has no laboratory.
keithprosser
Posts: 1,995
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/10/2016 1:46:23 PM
Posted: 4 months ago
I've noticed that Christian/Creationist sites always try to get you to part with money for books and DVDs while pro-evolution sites generally don't?

It's the same with all those god-channels on TV - they can't go 5 minutes without asking for a "donation" for which they will send you a book or DVD on the Bible code or whatever...
Looncall
Posts: 451
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/10/2016 2:35:35 PM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 7/10/2016 1:46:23 PM, keithprosser wrote:
I've noticed that Christian/Creationist sites always try to get you to part with money for books and DVDs while pro-evolution sites generally don't?

It's the same with all those god-channels on TV - they can't go 5 minutes without asking for a "donation" for which they will send you a book or DVD on the Bible code or whatever...

What else would one expect? Religion's just a big con game , after all.
The metaphysicist has no laboratory.
RainbowDash52
Posts: 294
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/10/2016 2:48:25 PM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 7/10/2016 12:19:40 PM, Riwaaz_Ras wrote:
Where are the fossils of failures?

The same place as the evidence that disproves God: non-existent, but that doesn't prove anything.
RainbowDash52
Posts: 294
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/10/2016 2:51:24 PM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 7/10/2016 1:46:23 PM, keithprosser wrote:
I've noticed that Christian/Creationist sites always try to get you to part with money for books and DVDs while pro-evolution sites generally don't?

Because pro-evolution sites generally get their funding from government and therefor don't have to ask people to buy there stuff.


It's the same with all those god-channels on TV - they can't go 5 minutes without asking for a "donation" for which they will send you a book or DVD on the Bible code or whatever...
DanneJeRusse
Posts: 12,622
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/10/2016 3:50:19 PM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 7/10/2016 10:44:20 AM, LittleBallofHATE wrote:
What does the fossil record really teach concerning the theory of evolution? Do the fossils demonstrate the progression from simple structures to complex organisms? The following facts need to be considered:

http://www.christiananswers.net...

This is the same a$$hole evangelical who wrote a childrens book explaining how dinosaurs got onto the Ark during the Flood. He is the epitome of a carpet bagger snake oil salesman, and you fell for it, hook, line and sinker.
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
LittleBallofHATE
Posts: 284
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/10/2016 4:25:07 PM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 7/10/2016 3:50:19 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 7/10/2016 10:44:20 AM, LittleBallofHATE wrote:
What does the fossil record really teach concerning the theory of evolution? Do the fossils demonstrate the progression from simple structures to complex organisms? The following facts need to be considered:

http://www.christiananswers.net...

This is the same a$$hole evangelical who wrote a childrens book explaining how dinosaurs got onto the Ark during the Flood. He is the epitome of a carpet bagger snake oil salesman, and you fell for it, hook, line and sinker.

He's a geologist. He provided ten misconceptions about the geologic column, then showed how "scientists" got it wrong. If he's such a carpet bagger, you should have no trouble proving him wrong. Well? What are you waiting for?
I would agree with you, but then we'd BOTH be wrong.
DanneJeRusse
Posts: 12,622
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/10/2016 4:45:33 PM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 7/10/2016 4:25:07 PM, LittleBallofHATE wrote:
At 7/10/2016 3:50:19 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 7/10/2016 10:44:20 AM, LittleBallofHATE wrote:
What does the fossil record really teach concerning the theory of evolution? Do the fossils demonstrate the progression from simple structures to complex organisms? The following facts need to be considered:

http://www.christiananswers.net...

This is the same a$$hole evangelical who wrote a childrens book explaining how dinosaurs got onto the Ark during the Flood. He is the epitome of a carpet bagger snake oil salesman, and you fell for it, hook, line and sinker.

He's a geologist. He provided ten misconceptions about the geologic column, then showed how "scientists" got it wrong.

NO! He did not show how scientists got it wrong, he simply denied it, just like other believers who haven't got a clue.

And clearly, you don't know what a geologist is.

If he's such a carpet bagger, you should have no trouble proving him wrong. Well? What are you waiting for?

There's nothing to prove wrong, he is in denial, that is all. You're just far to ignorant to understand that.
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
distraff
Posts: 1,005
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/10/2016 5:55:10 PM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 7/10/2016 10:44:20 AM, LittleBallofHATE wrote:
What does the fossil record really teach concerning the theory of evolution? Do the fossils demonstrate the progression from simple structures to complex organisms? The following facts need to be considered:

http://www.christiananswers.net...

That is simply not true. This article says we see abrupt appearance of fully formed species but every animal we see is by definition is fully formed in its own way. Even a half-fish half-amphibian is fully formed in its own way. What on earth would a half-formed species look like? It is impossible for a living animal to be "half-formed" and such an animal would not survive. This article misunderstands how evolution happens.

What we find is a collection of fossils going from simple to advanced with each successive species extremely similar to the next and yet in order. Many species do stay in the fossil record for a long period of time if they are very successful and adapted to their environment but most have gone extinct as new species outperformed them.

Here is a list of transitional fossils:
https://en.wikipedia.org...
http://www.transitionalfossils.com...

Here are the transitionals for human evolution:
http://evolutionohumans.weebly.com...

Transitionals for horse evolution:
http://cdn.yourarticlelibrary.com...

Whale evolution:
http://biologos.org...

Mammal evolution:
http://www.biblicalcatholic.com...

Bird Evolution:
http://people.eku.edu...

Land animal evolution:
http://evolution.berkeley.edu...
Hayd
Posts: 4,022
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/10/2016 9:59:08 PM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 7/10/2016 10:44:20 AM, LittleBallofHATE wrote:
What does the fossil record really teach concerning the theory of evolution? Do the fossils demonstrate the progression from simple structures to complex organisms? The following facts need to be considered:

http://www.christiananswers.net...

Oh, god. Before you ever read anything about evolution, just make sure its from an independent source (one that doesn't have christian in the url) lmao.

Scared to open this
Hayd
Posts: 4,022
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/10/2016 10:12:09 PM
Posted: 4 months ago
Abrupt appearance of animals. All the different, basic kinds of animals appear abruptly and fully functional in the strata - with no proof of ancestors. "Evolution requires intermediate forms between species and paleontology does not provide them." (David Kitts, paleontologist and Evolutionist) Darwin was embarrassed by the fossil record. It contains no proof for macroevolution of animals.

Not true at all. All basic kinds of animals evolved from marine species (except for the whale which evolved from a wolf), and all of these marine animals came from microorganisms in the sea

Plants appear abruptly, too. Evolutionist Edred J.H. Corner: "" I still think that to the unprejudiced, the fossil record of plants is in favor of special creation." (Evolution in Contemporary Thought, 1961, p.97) Scientists have been unable to find an Evolutionary history (beginning to end) for even one group of modern plants.

started from algi
https://en.wikipedia.org...

Animals unchanged. Contrary to common belief, most fossils are not of extinct types of animals. Most fossils are very similar (and often totally identical) to creatures living today. It is said there are many more living species of animals than there are types known only as fossils. If Evolution is true, one may wonder why the case is not just the reverse! Evolutionary history is supposed to be filled with temporary, intermediate stages of Evolution, from amoeba to man.

what the living fvck. This doesn't look anything like a human
https://en.wikipedia.org...

But we evolved from it

Sufficient fossils. There is a continuing lack of evidence for Evolution despite an enormous number of fossils. Although scientists will continue to discover new varieties of fossil animals and plants, it is generally agreed that the millions of fossils already discovered (and the sediments already explored) provide a reliable indication of which way the evidence is going. That is, there will continue to be little or no fossil evidence found to support Evolutionism.

I guess thats why gaps between chains are filled every year...

Fast strata formation. There is increasing evidence that many sedimentary rocks, which some thought took thousands or millions of years to accumulate, almost certainly were deposited in only months, days, hours, or minutes.

lmafao, link me to this evidence. Carbon dating has proven to be accurate and carbon dating shows that it is millions of years old

This, and the rest of it is pathetic
Hayd
Posts: 4,022
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/10/2016 10:12:26 PM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 7/10/2016 12:30:06 PM, Looncall wrote:
At 7/10/2016 10:44:20 AM, LittleBallofHATE wrote:
What does the fossil record really teach concerning the theory of evolution? Do the fossils demonstrate the progression from simple structures to complex organisms? The following facts need to be considered:

http://www.christiananswers.net...

A disgusting farrago of out-of-date information, misrepresentations and outright lies.

Just what one should expect of a web site with "christian" in its name.

+1
Hayd
Posts: 4,022
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/10/2016 10:12:51 PM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 7/10/2016 10:44:20 AM, LittleBallofHATE wrote:
What does the fossil record really teach concerning the theory of evolution? Do the fossils demonstrate the progression from simple structures to complex organisms? The following facts need to be considered:

http://www.christiananswers.net...

This forum is for science, take the religious creationist stuff to the religion forum in the future
Hayd
Posts: 4,022
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/10/2016 10:13:54 PM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 7/10/2016 2:51:24 PM, RainbowDash52 wrote:
Because pro-evolution sites generally get their funding from government and therefor don't have to ask people to buy there stuff.

oooh, link me to an organization that gets government funding
Hayd
Posts: 4,022
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/10/2016 10:14:10 PM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 7/10/2016 5:55:10 PM, distraff wrote:
At 7/10/2016 10:44:20 AM, LittleBallofHATE wrote:
What does the fossil record really teach concerning the theory of evolution? Do the fossils demonstrate the progression from simple structures to complex organisms? The following facts need to be considered:

http://www.christiananswers.net...

That is simply not true. This article says we see abrupt appearance of fully formed species but every animal we see is by definition is fully formed in its own way. Even a half-fish half-amphibian is fully formed in its own way. What on earth would a half-formed species look like? It is impossible for a living animal to be "half-formed" and such an animal would not survive. This article misunderstands how evolution happens.

What we find is a collection of fossils going from simple to advanced with each successive species extremely similar to the next and yet in order. Many species do stay in the fossil record for a long period of time if they are very successful and adapted to their environment but most have gone extinct as new species outperformed them.

Here is a list of transitional fossils:
https://en.wikipedia.org...
http://www.transitionalfossils.com...

Here are the transitionals for human evolution:
http://evolutionohumans.weebly.com...

Transitionals for horse evolution:
http://cdn.yourarticlelibrary.com...

Whale evolution:
http://biologos.org...

Mammal evolution:
http://www.biblicalcatholic.com...

Bird Evolution:
http://people.eku.edu...

Land animal evolution:
http://evolution.berkeley.edu...

+1
Hayd
Posts: 4,022
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/10/2016 10:14:52 PM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 7/10/2016 3:50:19 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 7/10/2016 10:44:20 AM, LittleBallofHATE wrote:
What does the fossil record really teach concerning the theory of evolution? Do the fossils demonstrate the progression from simple structures to complex organisms? The following facts need to be considered:

http://www.christiananswers.net...

This is the same a$$hole evangelical who wrote a childrens book explaining how dinosaurs got onto the Ark during the Flood. He is the epitome of a carpet bagger snake oil salesman, and you fell for it, hook, line and sinker.

lmao, no way. i'd love to read this book
Peternosaint
Posts: 1,166
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/10/2016 10:50:02 PM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 7/10/2016 2:35:35 PM, Looncall wrote:
At 7/10/2016 1:46:23 PM, keithprosser wrote:
I've noticed that Christian/Creationist sites always try to get you to part with money for books and DVDs while pro-evolution sites generally don't?

It's the same with all those god-channels on TV - they can't go 5 minutes without asking for a "donation" for which they will send you a book or DVD on the Bible code or whatever...

What else would one expect? Religion's just a big con game , after all.

ME: And scientists get their money from government grants, which you pay for anyway in taxes. It is just another way of conning the citizens.
Stronn
Posts: 318
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2016 12:53:30 AM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 7/10/2016 10:44:20 AM, LittleBallofHATE wrote:
What does the fossil record really teach concerning the theory of evolution? Do the fossils demonstrate the progression from simple structures to complex organisms? The following facts need to be considered:

http://www.christiananswers.net...

That webpage contains no facts, only a series of general and vague assertions, most of which are at best gross exaggerations. It cites no sources, makes no detailed arguments, and gives no examples of anything resembling evidence. And it tries to sell you books.

Such a source should rate very low on anyone's credibility meter, regardless of whether you believe the assertions.
janesix
Posts: 3,462
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2016 1:30:47 AM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 7/10/2016 10:12:09 PM, Hayd wrote:
Abrupt appearance of animals. All the different, basic kinds of animals appear abruptly and fully functional in the strata - with no proof of ancestors. "Evolution requires intermediate forms between species and paleontology does not provide them." (David Kitts, paleontologist and Evolutionist) Darwin was embarrassed by the fossil record. It contains no proof for macroevolution of animals.

Not true at all. All basic kinds of animals evolved from marine species (except for the whale which evolved from a wolf), and all of these marine animals came from microorganisms in the sea

Plants appear abruptly, too. Evolutionist Edred J.H. Corner: "" I still think that to the unprejudiced, the fossil record of plants is in favor of special creation." (Evolution in Contemporary Thought, 1961, p.97) Scientists have been unable to find an Evolutionary history (beginning to end) for even one group of modern plants.

started from algi
https://en.wikipedia.org...

Animals unchanged. Contrary to common belief, most fossils are not of extinct types of animals. Most fossils are very similar (and often totally identical) to creatures living today. It is said there are many more living species of animals than there are types known only as fossils. If Evolution is true, one may wonder why the case is not just the reverse! Evolutionary history is supposed to be filled with temporary, intermediate stages of Evolution, from amoeba to man.

what the living fvck. This doesn't look anything like a human
https://en.wikipedia.org...

But we evolved from it

Sufficient fossils. There is a continuing lack of evidence for Evolution despite an enormous number of fossils. Although scientists will continue to discover new varieties of fossil animals and plants, it is generally agreed that the millions of fossils already discovered (and the sediments already explored) provide a reliable indication of which way the evidence is going. That is, there will continue to be little or no fossil evidence found to support Evolutionism.

I guess thats why gaps between chains are filled every year...

Fast strata formation. There is increasing evidence that many sedimentary rocks, which some thought took thousands or millions of years to accumulate, almost certainly were deposited in only months, days, hours, or minutes.

lmafao, link me to this evidence. Carbon dating has proven to be accurate and carbon dating shows that it is millions of years old

Carbon dating is only accurate to about 50, 000 years ago. You can't use carbon dating for fossils anyway, only unfossilized remains that are relatively recent.

This, and the rest of it is pathetic
Hayd
Posts: 4,022
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2016 1:49:35 AM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 7/11/2016 1:30:47 AM, janesix wrote:
At 7/10/2016 10:12:09 PM, Hayd wrote:
Abrupt appearance of animals. All the different, basic kinds of animals appear abruptly and fully functional in the strata - with no proof of ancestors. "Evolution requires intermediate forms between species and paleontology does not provide them." (David Kitts, paleontologist and Evolutionist) Darwin was embarrassed by the fossil record. It contains no proof for macroevolution of animals.

Not true at all. All basic kinds of animals evolved from marine species (except for the whale which evolved from a wolf), and all of these marine animals came from microorganisms in the sea

Plants appear abruptly, too. Evolutionist Edred J.H. Corner: "" I still think that to the unprejudiced, the fossil record of plants is in favor of special creation." (Evolution in Contemporary Thought, 1961, p.97) Scientists have been unable to find an Evolutionary history (beginning to end) for even one group of modern plants.

started from algi
https://en.wikipedia.org...

Animals unchanged. Contrary to common belief, most fossils are not of extinct types of animals. Most fossils are very similar (and often totally identical) to creatures living today. It is said there are many more living species of animals than there are types known only as fossils. If Evolution is true, one may wonder why the case is not just the reverse! Evolutionary history is supposed to be filled with temporary, intermediate stages of Evolution, from amoeba to man.

what the living fvck. This doesn't look anything like a human
https://en.wikipedia.org...

But we evolved from it

Sufficient fossils. There is a continuing lack of evidence for Evolution despite an enormous number of fossils. Although scientists will continue to discover new varieties of fossil animals and plants, it is generally agreed that the millions of fossils already discovered (and the sediments already explored) provide a reliable indication of which way the evidence is going. That is, there will continue to be little or no fossil evidence found to support Evolutionism.

I guess thats why gaps between chains are filled every year...

Fast strata formation. There is increasing evidence that many sedimentary rocks, which some thought took thousands or millions of years to accumulate, almost certainly were deposited in only months, days, hours, or minutes.

lmafao, link me to this evidence. Carbon dating has proven to be accurate and carbon dating shows that it is millions of years old

Carbon dating is only accurate to about 50, 000 years ago. You can't use carbon dating for fossils anyway, only unfossilized remains that are relatively recent.

theres some other dating methods though

This, and the rest of it is pathetic
keithprosser
Posts: 1,995
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2016 1:53:28 AM
Posted: 4 months ago
What with all this govt funding for evolutionist websites and now for science I'm hearing about, it must be that scientists are just shills for a government that wants to foist Darwinism on the American people for their own dark political purposes.

How long has it been like that?
janesix
Posts: 3,462
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2016 1:56:35 AM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 7/11/2016 1:49:35 AM, Hayd wrote:
At 7/11/2016 1:30:47 AM, janesix wrote:
At 7/10/2016 10:12:09 PM, Hayd wrote:
Abrupt appearance of animals. All the different, basic kinds of animals appear abruptly and fully functional in the strata - with no proof of ancestors. "Evolution requires intermediate forms between species and paleontology does not provide them." (David Kitts, paleontologist and Evolutionist) Darwin was embarrassed by the fossil record. It contains no proof for macroevolution of animals.

Not true at all. All basic kinds of animals evolved from marine species (except for the whale which evolved from a wolf), and all of these marine animals came from microorganisms in the sea

Plants appear abruptly, too. Evolutionist Edred J.H. Corner: "" I still think that to the unprejudiced, the fossil record of plants is in favor of special creation." (Evolution in Contemporary Thought, 1961, p.97) Scientists have been unable to find an Evolutionary history (beginning to end) for even one group of modern plants.

started from algi
https://en.wikipedia.org...

Animals unchanged. Contrary to common belief, most fossils are not of extinct types of animals. Most fossils are very similar (and often totally identical) to creatures living today. It is said there are many more living species of animals than there are types known only as fossils. If Evolution is true, one may wonder why the case is not just the reverse! Evolutionary history is supposed to be filled with temporary, intermediate stages of Evolution, from amoeba to man.

what the living fvck. This doesn't look anything like a human
https://en.wikipedia.org...

But we evolved from it

Sufficient fossils. There is a continuing lack of evidence for Evolution despite an enormous number of fossils. Although scientists will continue to discover new varieties of fossil animals and plants, it is generally agreed that the millions of fossils already discovered (and the sediments already explored) provide a reliable indication of which way the evidence is going. That is, there will continue to be little or no fossil evidence found to support Evolutionism.

I guess thats why gaps between chains are filled every year...

Fast strata formation. There is increasing evidence that many sedimentary rocks, which some thought took thousands or millions of years to accumulate, almost certainly were deposited in only months, days, hours, or minutes.

lmafao, link me to this evidence. Carbon dating has proven to be accurate and carbon dating shows that it is millions of years old

Carbon dating is only accurate to about 50, 000 years ago. You can't use carbon dating for fossils anyway, only unfossilized remains that are relatively recent.

theres some other dating methods though

Yes I agree, and dating methods are getting better all the time as science advances.

This, and the rest of it is pathetic
RuvDraba
Posts: 6,033
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2016 3:10:16 AM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 7/10/2016 10:44:20 AM, LittleBallofHATE wrote:
What does the fossil record really teach concerning the theory of evolution? Do the fossils demonstrate the progression from simple structures to complex organisms? The following facts need to be considered:
I would suggest using independent, primary sources for facts, LBoH. A Christian propaganda website is not independent, nor a primary source for paleontology.
distraff
Posts: 1,005
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2016 3:13:05 AM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 7/10/2016 10:50:02 PM, Peternosaint wrote:
At 7/10/2016 2:35:35 PM, Looncall wrote:
At 7/10/2016 1:46:23 PM, keithprosser wrote:
I've noticed that Christian/Creationist sites always try to get you to part with money for books and DVDs while pro-evolution sites generally don't?

It's the same with all those god-channels on TV - they can't go 5 minutes without asking for a "donation" for which they will send you a book or DVD on the Bible code or whatever...

What else would one expect? Religion's just a big con game , after all.

ME: And scientists get their money from government grants, which you pay for anyway in taxes. It is just another way of conning the citizens.

Yup funding advances in science and technology is a huge rip-off. So is paying for school and college right?
Ramshutu
Posts: 4,063
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2016 3:35:36 AM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 7/10/2016 10:44:20 AM, LittleBallofHATE wrote:
What does the fossil record really teach concerning the theory of evolution? Do the fossils demonstrate the progression from simple structures to complex organisms? The following facts need to be considered:

http://www.christiananswers.net...

All of this is simply a rehash of the million times refuted misrepresentations and outright lies that continually circulate this forum.

No, animals do not appear abruptly as implied. No plants don't appear abruptly as implied. no, animals don't appear unchanged. Yes, there are more than enough fissile evidence to validate evolution, if you don't assert it doesn't exist; no there isn't any evidence of widespread deposition occurring incredibly quickly; no there is no evidence of widespread rapid coal formation; yes fossils formation is special, so? And yes, most of earth doesn't have every geological later, but this doesn't mean what the other implies.

Evolution and an old earth, provides a detailed narrative of everything that happened to the earth for the last 4 billion years, it is supported by many independent lines of evidence, and is the only narrative that explains the evidence. There are hundreds of transitional forms, thousands of transitional forms showing key trait and species progression, and a clear picture of evolution from the first unicellular life to the modern age. All of this is supported by geology, paleontology, radiometric and other forms of data, and further reinforced by the evidence found in genetics and taxonomy.

So what the fossil record shows, if you aren't being ignorant or dishonest, is a snap shot of life at different periods in earths history, and we have enough of them to show broadly (and sometimes specifically) how life developed, evolved and diversified over time.
Joey888
Posts: 55
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2016 11:47:01 PM
Posted: 4 months ago
Fossils can show us the history of the Earth's 4.6 billion year past. Understanding the past can sharpen our ideas of the future.
Joseph
bamiller43
Posts: 200
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2016 10:23:01 PM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 7/10/2016 10:44:20 AM, LittleBallofHATE wrote:
What does the fossil record really teach concerning the theory of evolution? Do the fossils demonstrate the progression from simple structures to complex organisms? The following facts need to be considered:

http://www.christiananswers.net...

First, your source is VERY obviously biased. Second, some of these are simply common misconseptions about evolution.

http://www.talkorigins.org...

Read under the third header.
LittleBallofHATE
Posts: 284
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2016 10:41:27 PM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 7/12/2016 10:23:01 PM, bamiller43 wrote:
At 7/10/2016 10:44:20 AM, LittleBallofHATE wrote:
What does the fossil record really teach concerning the theory of evolution? Do the fossils demonstrate the progression from simple structures to complex organisms? The following facts need to be considered:

http://www.christiananswers.net...

First, your source is VERY obviously biased. Second, some of these are simply common misconseptions about evolution.

http://www.talkorigins.org...

Read under the third header.

Just because someone is biased, doesn't make them wrong. I could say that every scientists who researches the theory of evolution is biased. There is also the fact that many of them get their funding from the government. Which just happens to support evolution. What do you think would happen if a scientists published something that disagrees with Darwin? They'd be out of a job.
I would agree with you, but then we'd BOTH be wrong.