Jump to topic:

How will the world end?

Joey888
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/15/2016 12:34:59 AM
Posted: 4 months ago
There have been many theories regarding the end of the world. What are your ideas? Share them here.
Joseph
janesix
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/16/2016 12:35:30 AM
At 7/15/2016 12:34:59 AM, Joey888 wrote:
There have been many theories regarding the end of the world. What are your ideas? Share them here.
In five billion years the sun will die, turning into a red dwarf and engulfing the earth.
Joey888
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/16/2016 12:47:46 AM
At 7/16/2016 12:35:30 AM, janesix wrote:
In five billion years the sun will die, turning into a red dwarf and engulfing the earth.

I thought that in one billion years, the Sun's mass will increase by ten percent and then the Earth is then inside the Sun's atmosphere.
Joseph
janesix
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/16/2016 2:30:15 AM
At 7/16/2016 12:47:46 AM, Joey888 wrote:

I thought that in one billion years, the Sun's mass will increase by ten percent and then the Earth is then inside the Sun's atmosphere.
Source please.
Joey888
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/16/2016 2:39:40 AM
At 7/16/2016 2:30:15 AM, janesix wrote:
At 7/16/2016 12:47:46 AM, Joey888 wrote:

Source please.

Michio Kaku: Physics of the Impossible. That is a great book to read.
Joseph
Peternosaint
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/16/2016 4:02:35 AM
with the great escalation of terror and death in the world today, and natural disasters, the Biblical indication is looking very accurate.

Of course, there will always those that say it is the same as it has always been, nothing is worse that it has alway been, we can survive like this forever, but it won't stay like this will it, the world is imploding.

Scientists do not want to predict the end of the world, although at the world conference on Green House Gases or whatever,it may have been Green House Guesses, the eminent scientists were asked to make a prediction on the possibility of man destroying the earth and its habitat and they came up with 2080

The Bible says the earth will stand forever, but not the system of things.
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/16/2016 12:49:42 PM
At 7/16/2016 4:02:35 AM, Peternosaint wrote:
with the great escalation of terror and death in the world today, and natural disasters, the Biblical indication is looking very accurate.

Of course, there will always those that say it is the same as it has always been, nothing is worse that it has alway been, we can survive like this forever, but it won't stay like this will it, the world is imploding.

Scientists do not want to predict the end of the world, although at the world conference on Green House Gases or whatever,it may have been Green House Guesses, the eminent scientists were asked to make a prediction on the possibility of man destroying the earth and its habitat and they came up with 2080

"But the day of the Lord will come as a thief; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall be dissolved with fervent heat, and the earth and the works that are therein shall be burned up." (II Pet 3: 10)

Of course, "forever" ... "everlasting" ... "perpetual" ... and like in Biblical usage frequently mean "for the entirety of the allotted period".
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
bamiller43
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/16/2016 4:35:33 PM

The three i believe are most likely to happen are in order as follows:

The sun will eventually die, and engulf the earth.

If we are speaking of the world as the life on it, including our own, then:

Nuclear destruction causing fallout, a subsequent nuclear winter that annihilates life on earth.
Green house effect because we refuse to believe that we might have an effect on the climate, causing rises in temperature, holes in the ozone letting in unfiltered UV light, eventually destroying life on earth.
Dogknox
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/16/2016 10:56:36 PM
At 7/16/2016 12:49:42 PM, annanicole wrote:

"But the day of the Lord will come as a thief; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall be dissolved with fervent heat, and the earth and the works that are therein shall be burned up." (II Pet 3: 10)

Of course, "forever" ... "everlasting" ... "perpetual" ... and like in Biblical usage frequently mean "for the entirety of the allotted period".

2 Timothy 3
But mark this: There will be terrible times in the last days.
2 People will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boastful, proud, abusive, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy,
3 without love, unforgiving, slanderous, without self-control, brutal, not lovers of the good,
4 treacherous, rash, conceited, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God"
5 having a form of godliness but denying its power.
Have nothing to do with such people.

Joel 2:10
Before them the earth shakes,
the heavens tremble,
the sun and moon are darkened,
and the stars no longer shine.
11 The Lord thunders
at the head of his army;
his forces are beyond number,
and mighty is the army that obeys his command.
The day of the Lord is great;
it is dreadful.
Who can endure it?

Joel 2::28
And it shall come to pass afterward, that I will pour out my spirit upon all flesh; and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, your old men shall dream dreams, your young men shall see visions:
29 And also upon the servants and upon the handmaids in those days will I pour out my spirit.
30 And I will shew wonders in the heavens and in the earth, blood, and fire, and pillars of smoke.
31 The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before the great and terrible day of the Lord come.

Joel 3:14
Multitudes, multitudes in the valley of decision: for the day of the Lord is near in the valley of decision.
15 The sun and the moon shall be darkened, and the stars shall withdraw their shining.
16 The Lord also shall roar out of Zion, and utter his voice from Jerusalem; and the heavens and the earth shall shake: but the Lord will be the hope of his people, and the strength of the children of Israel.

Mark 13:24
But in those days, after that tribulation, the sun shall be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light,
25 And the stars of heaven shall fall, and the powers that are in heaven shall be shaken.
26 And then shall they see the Son of man coming in the clouds with great power and glory.

annanicole Looks to me like there is going to be a meteor hit the Moon!
Luke 21:25
And there shall be signs in the sun, and in the moon, and in the stars; and upon the earth distress of nations, with perplexity; the sea and the waves roaring;

annanicole The tides will be affected as the moon totters and wobbles, maybe the dust will cause the Moon to turn red!

Acts 2:20
The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before the great and notable day of the Lord come:

Revelation 6:12
And I beheld when he had opened the sixth seal, and, lo, there was a great earthquake; and the sun became black as sackcloth of hair, and the moon became as blood;
13 And the stars of heaven fell unto the earth, even as a fig tree casteth her untimely figs, when she is shaken of a mighty wind.
14 And the heaven departed as a scroll when it is rolled together; and every mountain and island were moved out of their places.
15 And the kings of the earth, and the great men, and the rich men, and the chief captains, and the mighty men, and every bondman, and every free man, hid themselves in the dens and in the rocks of the mountains;

annanicole The earth wobbling will make the stars seem to roll up. There will also be time for men to run to caves.. I am thinking maybe three days after the Moon is struck!!
Peternosaint
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/17/2016 12:54:12 AM
At 7/16/2016 10:56:36 PM, Dogknox wrote:

2 Timothy 3
2 People will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boastful, proud, abusive, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy,
3 without love, unforgiving, slanderous, without self-control, brutal, not lovers of the good,

the heavens tremble,
11 The Lord thunders
at the head of his army;
it is dreadful.
Who can endure it?

And it shall come to pass afterward, that I will pour out my spirit upon all flesh; and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, your old men shall dream dreams, your young men shall see visions:
29 And also upon the servants and upon the handmaids in those days will I pour out my spirit.
30 And I will shew wonders in the heavens and in the earth, blood, and fire, and pillars of smoke.
31 The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before the great and terrible day of the Lord come.

Multitudes, multitudes in the valley of decision: for the day of the Lord is near in the valley of decision.
15 The sun and the moon shall be darkened, and the stars shall withdraw their shining.
16 The Lord also shall roar out of Zion, and utter his voice from Jerusalem; and the heavens and the earth shall shake: but the Lord will be the hope of his people, and the strength of the children of Israel.

But in those days, after that tribulation, the sun shall be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light,
25 And the stars of heaven shall fall, and the powers that are in heaven shall be shaken.
26 And then shall they see the Son of man coming in the clouds with great power and glory.

And there shall be signs in the sun, and in the moon, and in the stars; and upon the earth distress of nations, with perplexity; the sea and the waves roaring;

annanicole The tides will be affected as the moon totters and wobbles, maybe the dust will cause the Moon to turn red!

The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before the great and notable day of the Lord come:

And I beheld when he had opened the sixth seal, and, lo, there was a great earthquake; and the sun became black as sackcloth of hair, and the moon became as blood;
13 And the stars of heaven fell unto the earth, even as a fig tree casteth her untimely figs, when she is shaken of a mighty wind.
14 And the heaven departed as a scroll when it is rolled together; and every mountain and island were moved out of their places.
15 And the kings of the earth, and the great men, and the rich men, and the chief captains, and the mighty men, and every bondman, and every free man, hid themselves in the dens and in the rocks of the mountains;

annanicole The earth wobbling will make the stars seem to roll up. There will also be time for men to run to caves.. I am thinking maybe three days after the Moon is struck!!

ME: The destruction of the system of things means the things that are Satan's product, which are the world governments, the evil people, the idolatrous churches. Sometimes in the Bible the sea means the people and the majority of people of today will not see that Jehovah is offering them life, and most are accepting death.

The "Great Tribulation" is before, but includes Armageddon and everyone will be affected, but Jehovah's faithful people will b e provided for during this time just as they will be protected when the Battle of Armageddon begins. The "Great Tribulation is about to commence" and we should be able to see that its is happening now, as I said the world (of people) is imploding. The Bible says of the Great Tribulation, these times shall be cut short lest everyone is destroyed

Matt. 24:21, 22: "Then there will be great tribulation such as has not occurred since the world"s beginning until now, no, nor will occur again. In fact, unless those days were cut short, no flesh would be saved; but on account of the chosen ones those days will be cut short." (So some "flesh," some of humankind, will survive.)
Dogknox
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/17/2016 2:45:18 AM
At 7/17/2016 12:54:12 AM, Peternosaint wrote:

ME: The destruction of the system of things means the things that are Satan's product, which are the world governments, the evil people, the idolatrous churches. Sometimes in the Bible the sea means the people and the majority of people of today will not see that Jehovah is offering them life, and most are accepting death.

The "Great Tribulation" is before, but includes Armageddon and everyone will be affected, but Jehovah's faithful people will b e provided for during this time just as they will be protected when the Battle of Armageddon begins. The "Great Tribulation is about to commence" and we should be able to see that its is happening now, as I said the world (of people) is imploding. The Bible says of the Great Tribulation, these times shall be cut short lest everyone is destroyed

Matt. 24:21, 22: "Then there will be great tribulation such as has not occurred since the world"s beginning until now, no, nor will occur again. In fact, unless those days were cut short, no flesh would be saved; but on account of the chosen ones those days will be cut short." (So some "flesh," some of humankind, will survive.)

1 John 2:22
Who is the liar? It is whoever denies that Jesus is the Christ. Such a person is the antichrist" denying the Father and the Son.

Peternosaint To be anti-Catholic is to be Anti-Christ!

2 John 1:7
I say this because many deceivers, who do not acknowledge Jesus Christ as coming in the flesh, have gone out into the world. Any such person is the deceiver and the antichrist.

Christ came in the flesh, God became flesh!!

The word became FLESH and dwelt among us!
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

God became flesh!
16 Don"t you know that you yourselves are God"s temple and that God"s Spirit dwells in your midst?
17 If anyone destroys God"s temple, God will destroy that person; for God"s temple is sacred, and you together are that temple.

Peternosaint God is INSIDE of me.. I consume God' living forever flesh!!! I am a TEMPLE for God!
53 Jesus said to them, "Very truly I tell you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink his blood, you have no life in you.
54 Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life, and I will raise them up at the last day.
55 For my flesh is real food and my blood is real drink.
56 Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood remains in me, and I in them.
57 Just as the living Father sent me and I live because of the Father, so the one who feeds on me will live because of me.
58 This is the bread that came down from heaven. Your ancestors ate manna and died, but whoever feeds on this bread will live forever."
Peternosaint
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/17/2016 4:40:55 AM
At 7/17/2016 2:45:18 AM, Dogknox wrote:
At 7/17/2016 12:54:12 AM, Peternosaint wrote:

Who is the liar? It is whoever denies that Jesus is the Christ. Such a person is the antichrist" denying the Father and the Son.

I say this because many deceivers, who do not acknowledge Jesus Christ as coming in the flesh, have gone out into the world. Any such person is the deceiver and the antichrist.

ME: This scripture has been used by trinitarians forever. Have t it correctly translated and it falls apart.

the Coptic translation supplies interesting evidence as to how John 1:1 would have been understood back then. What do we find? The Sahidic Coptic translation uses an indefinite article with the word "god" in the final part of John 1:1. Thus, when rendered into modern English, the translation reads: "And the Word was a god." Evidently, those ancient translators realized that John"s words recorded at John 1:1 did not mean that Jesus was to be identified as Almighty God. The Word was a god, not Almighty God.

ME: Also answer this for us: John 1:1 says "In the beginning the word was with God......" Now what was that beginning of. I can't be the beginning of God as he had no beginning, so what was John referring to when he said "In the beginning" The beginning of what. Would it have been creation?

You might look at two other scriptures if you wish.

Rev 3:14 and

God created Jesus before he created Adam. Regarding Jesus, the apostle Paul wrote: ""He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of all creation."" (Colossians 1:15)

God became flesh!
16 Don"t you know that you yourselves are God"s temple and that God"s Spirit dwells in your midst?
17 If anyone destroys God"s temple, God will destroy that person; for God"s temple is sacred, and you together are that temple.

Peternosaint God is INSIDE of me.. I consume God' living forever flesh!!! I am a TEMPLE for God!

ME: Or you deny the command...Keep yourself free from blood. Jesus was suing the symbolic bread adn wine.

Here is another question: What was Jesus setting up at the time he said those words to the 11 disciples?
53 Jesus said to them, "Very truly I tell you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink his blood, you have no life in you.
54 Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life, and I will raise them up at the last day.
57 Just as the living Father sent me and I live because of the Father, so the one who feeds on me will live because of me.
58 This is the bread that came down from heaven. Your ancestors ate manna and died, but whoever feeds on this bread will live forever."

ME:: All Catholic dogma, and that is very suspect. Could you show me the scriptural proof of Mary going to heaven in fleshly human form.
Dogknox
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/17/2016 11:17:47 PM
At 7/17/2016 4:40:55 AM, Peternosaint wrote:

ME: This scripture has been used by trinitarians forever. Have t it correctly translated and it falls apart.

the Coptic translation supplies interesting evidence as to how John 1:1 would have been understood back then. What do we find? The Sahidic Coptic translation uses an indefinite article with the word "god" in the final part of John 1:1. Thus, when rendered into modern English, the translation reads: "And the Word was a god." Evidently, those ancient translators realized that John"s words recorded at John 1:1 did not mean that Jesus was to be identified as Almighty God. The Word was a god, not Almighty God.

ME: Also answer this for us: John 1:1 says "In the beginning the word was with God......" Now what was that beginning of. I can't be the beginning of God as he had no beginning, so what was John referring to when he said "In the beginning" The beginning of what. Would it have been creation?

God created Jesus before he created Adam. Regarding Jesus, the apostle Paul wrote: ""He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of all creation."" (Colossians 1:15)

God became flesh!

ME: Or you deny the command...Keep yourself free from blood. Jesus was suing the symbolic bread adn wine.

Here is another question: What was Jesus setting up at the time he said those words to the 11 disciples?

ME:: All Catholic dogma, and that is very suspect. Could you show me the scriptural proof of Mary going to heaven in fleshly human form.

Peternosaint God is ONE!! The word was "A"; as in "A" God is not true. It is NOT found in any Reliable translation!

There is just one God!!! The word "A" means more then ONE you whack-oh!

Colossians 1:15
The Son is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation.
16 For in him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things have been created through him and for him.
17 He is before all things, and in him all things hold together.
18 And he is the head of the body, the church; he is the beginning and the firstborn from among the dead, so that in everything he might have the supremacy.
19 For God was pleased to have all his fullness dwell in him,
20 and through him to reconcile to himself all things, whether things on earth or things in heaven, by making peace through his blood, shed on the cross.

Verse #15..(above) Jesus is the IMAGE of God!
16 Jesus created everything!!
17 Jesus holds all together, he is "FIRST" as God is FIRST and creator!
18 Jesus is SUPREME because Jesus is GOD; ONLY God is Supreme!!!
19 God COMPLETE... Fully dwells in Jesus! All God' fullness dwell in Jesus!!! Jesus is FULLY God!
20 All come to Jesus because he is GOD!
Peternosaint you MUST reject the scriptures to say differently!!

God fully completely dwells in Jesus!

Peternosaint everyone knows we WORSHIP ONLY GOD!! Jesus tells Satan "Worship is ONLY for God"! Jesus knows WORSHIP is ONLY for God!! It is a SIN to worship any other then GOD!!

Matthew 4:10
Jesus said to him, "Away from me, Satan! For it is written: "Worship the Lord your God, and serve him only.""

DID YOU SEE IT? "Worship the Lord your God, and serve him only". "ONLY"!!!

Throughout the bible Jesus allows people to WORSHIP him!
Every bible translation has the words WORSHIP directed towards Jesus! Jesus would be sinning if he allows the worship of himself if he was NOT God!
Matthew 2:11
On coming to the house, they saw the child with his mother Mary, and they bowed down and worshiped him. Then they opened their treasures and presented him with gifts of gold, frankincense and myrrh.

They Bowed and WORSHIPED Jesus!!!

Peternosaint you Whack-oh... Jesus allows the worship he NEVER EVER corrects them or stops them!
Matthew 14:33
Then those who were in the boat worshiped him, saying, "Truly you are the Son of God."

They WORSHIPED Jesus!!!

Peternosaint They WORSHIP Jesus!! Jesus tells you, "Worship is ONLY for God!"!!
Matthew 28:9
Suddenly Jesus met them. "Greetings," he said. They came to him, clasped his feet and worshiped him.

They WORSHIPED Jesus!!! Jesus would be sinning by accepting the worship, Jesus cannot sin!

Matthew 28:17
When they saw him, they worshiped him; but some doubted.

Peternosaint Some doubted (above) "they doubted he was God!"
Jesus has "ALL" the authority of God.. Thus he MUST be GOD!!!
Worship is ONLY for God as ALL the Bible translation tell you!!

God fully completely dwells in Jesus!
Peternosaint
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/18/2016 12:58:32 AM
At 7/17/2016 11:17:47 PM, Dogknox wrote:
At 7/17/2016 4:40:55 AM, Peternosaint wrote:

1 Paul, an apostle of Christ Jesus through God"s will, and Timothy+ our brother, 2 to the holy ones and faithful brothers in union with Christ at Co"losE7;sae: May you have undeserved kindness and peace from God our Father. 3 We always thank God, the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, when we pray for you, 4 since we heard of your faith in Christ Jesus and the love you have for all the holy ones 5 because of the hope that is being reserved for you in the heavens.+ You previously heard about this hope through the message of truth of the good news 6 that has come to you. Just as the good news is bearing fruit and increasing in all the world,+ so it is also doing among you from the day you heard and accurately knew the undeserved kindness of God in truth. 7 That is what you have learned from our beloved fellow slave EpE7;a"phras,+ who is a faithful minister of the Christ on our behalf. 8 He also made known to us your love in a spiritual way.* 9 That is also why from the day we heard of it, we have never stopped praying for you+ and asking that you may be filled with the accurate knowledge+ of his will in all wisdom and spiritual comprehension,+ 10 so as to walk worthily of Jehovah* in order to please him fully as you go on bearing fruit in every good work and increasing in the accurate knowledge of God;+ 11 and may you be strengthened with all power according to his glorious might+ so that you may endure fully with patience and joy, 12 as you thank the Father, who made you qualify to share in the inheritance of the holy ones+ in the light. 13 He rescued us from the authority of the darkness+ and transferred us into the kingdom of his beloved Son, 14 by means of whom we have our release by ransom, the forgiveness of our sins.+ 15 He is the image of the invisible God,+ the firstborn of all creation;+ 16 because by means of him all other things were created in the heavens and on the earth, the things visible and the things invisible,+ whether they are thrones or lordships or governments or authorities. All other things have been created through him+ and for him. 17 Also, he is before all other things,+ and by means of him all other things were made to exist, 18 and he is the head of the body, the congregation.+ He is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead,+ so that he might become the one who is first in all things; 19 because God was pleased to have all fullness to dwell in him,+ 20 and through him to reconcile to himself all other things+ by making peace through the blood+ he shed on the torture stake,* whether the things on the earth or the things in the heavens.

God became flesh!

Peternosaint God is ONE!! The word was "A"; as in "A" God is not true. It is NOT found in any Reliable translation!

There is just one God!!! The word "A" means more then ONE you whack-oh!

Colossians 1:15
The Son is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation.
16 For in him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things have been created through him and for him.
17 He is before all things, and in him all things hold together.
18 And he is the head of the body, the church; he is the beginning and the firstborn from among the dead, so that in everything he might have the supremacy.
19 For God was pleased to have all his fullness dwell in him,
20 and through him to reconcile to himself all things, whether things on earth or things in heaven, by making peace through his blood, shed on the cross.

Verse #15..(above) Jesus is the IMAGE of God!
16 Jesus created everything!!
17 Jesus holds all together, he is "FIRST" as God is FIRST and creator!
18 Jesus is SUPREME because Jesus is GOD; ONLY God is Supreme!!!
19 God COMPLETE... Fully dwells in Jesus! All God' fullness dwell in Jesus!!! Jes
Peternosaint
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/18/2016 1:30:00 AM
Dogknox, this is about how the people of this wicked world will finish up, not about your Catholic Dogma.

But: John 1:1 What is the beginning talked a bout in that scripture, the beginning of what?

How can you sprout scripture when you know that if you are found wanting, you will go to tradition, just like the Scribes and Pharisees that Jesus reprimanded.
Jesus condemns the Pharisees for their religious traditions and hypocrisy LUKE 11:37-54 Just as he will condemn you and others that have nothing but tradition.

Where is the recommendation in he Bible that you should pray to idols of past men and women for special favours. Your churches are filled with Graven images?

Who would like seeing the depiction of Jesus on every wall in every home and every catholic church, of our Saviour in agony, and near death?...No one other than Satan.

You take you child to the Church and they are confronted with this image on a pagan cross, and you say "There is your God, child, he will save you." You hypocrite.

Your church has ridden on the back of world governments since they began their evil trade in human flesh with despicable tortures and burning the stake. Your Church condoned slavery and participated in the sales of these poor people.

Your Popes have shown that they are happy to murder each other for the position of "gods emissary' they have committed sexual morality and fornication of the word in lies and action,

Your church is the epitome of the harlot that rides on the back of the beast and will soon be devoured by that beast.

So, please do not speak to me about what you have made up about Jehovah, his only begotten son, and God's active force. Through the trinity you have relegated the supreme creator, Jehovah, to a third of his real position of supremacy.

Get behind me Satan, the creator of the lie, the destroyer of all that is good, the one who has brought Jehovah to apply a destruction of the wicked system of things, just as the time of the flood.

Quote: The "Great Tribulation." When answering the question of his disciples concerning the sign of his presence and the conclusion of the system of things, Jesus mentioned a "great tribulation such as has not occurred since the world"s beginning until now, no, nor will occur again." (Mt 24:3, 21)

Show me where the scriptures agree that Mary is in heaven in the human form. This is but one of thousands of inventions that your Church has come up with to "tickle the ears" of your flock.

Your church is truly led by god, as satan is a god, the god of this system of things.
SJM
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/18/2016 1:47:36 AM

My new album's heat.
Hitler- If you tell a big enough lie and tell it frequently enough, it will be believed.

Stalin- Ideas are more powerful than guns. We would not let our enemies have guns, why should we let them have ideas.

Machiavelli- It is better to be feared than loved, if you cannot be both.

Ivan the Terrible- "I will not see the destruction of the Christian converts who are loyal to me, and to my last breath I will fight for the Orthodox faith
Dogknox
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/18/2016 2:00:14 AM
At 7/18/2016 12:58:32 AM, Peternosaint wrote:
At 7/17/2016 11:17:47 PM, Dogknox wrote:

1 Paul, an apostle of Christ Jesus through God"s will, and Timothy+ our brother, 2 to the holy ones and faithful brothers in union with Christ at Co"losE7;sae: May you have undeserved kindness and peace from God our Father. 3 We always thank God, the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, when we pray for you, 4 since we heard of your faith in Christ Jesus and the love you have for all the holy ones 5 because of the hope that is being reserved for you in the heavens.+ You previously heard about this hope through the message of truth of the good news 6 that has come to you. Just as the good news is bearing fruit and increasing in all the world,+ so it is also doing among you from the day you heard and accurately knew the undeserved kindness of God in truth. 7 That is what you have learned from our beloved fellow slave EpE7;a"phras,+ who is a faithful minister of the Christ on our behalf. 8 He also made known to us your love in a spiritual way.* 9 That is also why from the day we heard of it, we have never stopped praying for you+ and asking that you may be filled with the accurate knowledge+ of his will in all wisdom and spiritual comprehension,+ 10 so as to walk worthily of Jehovah* in order to please him fully as you go on bearing fruit in every good work and increasing in the accurate knowledge of God;+ 11 and may you be strengthened with all power according to his glorious might+ so that you may endure fully with patience and joy, 12 as you thank the Father, who made you qualify to share in the inheritance of the holy ones+ in the light. 13 He rescued us from the authority of the darkness+ and transferred us into the kingdom of his beloved Son, 14 by means of whom we have our release by ransom, the forgiveness of our sins.+ 15 He is the image of the invisible God,+ the firstborn of all creation;+ 16 because by means of him all other things were created in the heavens and on the earth, the things visible and the things invisible,+ whether they are thrones or lordships or governments or authorities. All other things have been created through him+ and for him. 17 Also, he is before all other things,+ and by means of him all other things were made to exist, 18 and he is the head of the body, the congregation.+ He is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead,+ so that he might become the one who is first in all things; 19 because God was pleased to have all fullness to dwell in him,+ 20 and through him to reconcile to himself all other things+ by making peace through the blood+ he shed on the torture stake,* whether the things on the earth or the things in the heavens.

God became flesh!

Peternosaint NO torture stake Christians believe Jesus died on a "CROSS"! Proving your translation WRONG! right off the bat!
Note the early Date.... Not one of these early men was a Jehovah Witness, all were Christian!
LETTER OF BARNABAS A.D. 80
For [the Scripture] says, "And Abraham circumcised ten, and eight, and three hundred men of his household." What, then, was the knowledge given to him in this? Learn the eighteen first, and then the three hundred. The ten and eight are thus denoted"Ten by I [the letter iota], and Eight by H [the lettereta]. You have [the initials of the name of] Jesus. And because the cross was to express the grace [of our redemption] by the letter T [tau], he says also, "Three hundred." He signifies, therefore, Jesus by two letters, and the cross by one. (Chapter 9; brackets in original [A.D. 80]).

And that he might remind them, when assailed, that it was on account of their sins they were delivered to death, the Spirit speaks to the heart of Moses, that he should make a figure of the cross, and of him about to suffer thereon; for unless they place their trust in him, they shall be overcome for ever. Moses therefore placed one weapon above another in the midst of the hill, and standing upon it, so as to be higher than all the people, he stretched forth his hands, and thus again Israel acquired the mastery. (Chapter 12 [A.D. 80])

JUSTIN MARTYR A.D. 151
And the human form differs from that of the irrational animals in nothing else than in its being erect and having the hands extended, and having on the face extending from the forehead what is called the nose, through which there is respiration for the living creature; and this shows no other form than that of the cross. (First Apology, chapter 55 [A.D. 151])

When the people . . . waged war with Amalek, and the son of Nave [Nun] by name Jesus [Joshua], led the fight, Moses himself prayed to God, stretching out both hands, and Hur with Aaron supported them during the whole day, so that they might not hang down when he got wearied. For if he gave up any part of this sign, which was an imitation of the cross, the people were beaten, as is recorded in the writings of Moses; but if he remained in this form, Amalek was proportionately defeated, and he who prevailed did so by the cross. (Dialogue With Trypho, chapter 90 [A.D. 150"155 ])

Now, no one could say or prove that the horns of a unicorn represent any other fact or figure than the type that portrays the cross. For the one beam is placed upright, from which the highest extremity is raised up into a horn, when the other beam is fitted on to it, and the ends appear on both sides as horns joined on to the one horn. (Dialogue with Trypho, chapter 91 [A.D. 150"155])

MINICIUS FELIX A.D. 185"190
Crosses, moreover, we neither worship nor wish for. You, indeed, who consecrate gods of wood, adore wooden crosses perhaps as parts of your gods. For your very standards, as well as your banners, and flags of your camp, what else are they but crosses gilded and adorned? Your victorious trophies not only imitate the appearance of a simple cross, but also that of a man affixed to it. We assuredly see the sign of a cross, naturally, in the ship when it is carried along with swelling sails, when it glides forward with expanded oars; and when the military yoke is lifted up, it is the sign of a cross; and when a man adores God with a pure mind, with hands outstretched. (Octavius, chapter 29 [c. A.D. 185"190])

TERTULLIAN
Every piece of timber which is fixed in the ground in an erect position is a part of a cross, and indeed the greater portion of its mass. But an entire cross is attributed to us, with its transverse beam, of course, and its projecting seat...Well, then, this modeler, before he did anything else, hit upon the form of a wooden cross, because even our own body assumes as its natural position the latent and concealed outline of a cross. Since the head rises upwards, and the back takes a straight direction, and the shoulders project laterally, if you simply place a man with his arms and hands outstretched, you will make the general outline of a cross. (Ad Nationes, chapter 12 [c. A.D. 197])

Christians have always taught Jesus died on a Cross!
KJVAnd he said to them all, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow me.
Dogknox
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/18/2016 2:45:02 AM
At 7/18/2016 1:30:00 AM, Peternosaint wrote:
Dogknox, this is about how the people of this wicked world will finish up, not about your Catholic Dogma.

But: John 1:1 What is the beginning talked a bout in that scripture, the beginning of what?

How can you sprout scripture when you know that if you are found wanting, you will go to tradition, just like the Scribes and Pharisees that Jesus reprimanded.
Jesus condemns the Pharisees for their religious traditions and hypocrisy LUKE 11:37-54 Just as he will condemn you and others that have nothing but tradition.

Where is the recommendation in he Bible that you should pray to idols of past men and women for special favours. Your churches are filled with Graven images?

Who would like seeing the depiction of Jesus on every wall in every home and every catholic church, of our Saviour in agony, and near death?...No one other than Satan.

You take you child to the Church and they are confronted with this image on a pagan cross, and you say "There is your God, child, he will save you." You hypocrite.

Your church has ridden on the back of world governments since they began their evil trade in human flesh with despicable tortures and burning the stake. Your Church condoned slavery and participated in the sales of these poor people.

Your Popes have shown that they are happy to murder each other for the position of "gods emissary' they have committed sexual morality and fornication of the word in lies and action,

Your church is the epitome of the harlot that rides on the back of the beast and will soon be devoured by that beast.

So, please do not speak to me about what you have made up about Jehovah, his only begotten son, and God's active force. Through the trinity you have relegated the supreme creator, Jehovah, to a third of his real position of supremacy.

Get behind me Satan, the creator of the lie, the destroyer of all that is good, the one who has brought Jehovah to apply a destruction of the wicked system of things, just as the time of the flood.

Quote: The "Great Tribulation." When answering the question of his disciples concerning the sign of his presence and the conclusion of the system of things, Jesus mentioned a "great tribulation such as has not occurred since the world"s beginning until now, no, nor will occur again." (Mt 24:3, 21)

Show me where the scriptures agree that Mary is in heaven in the human form. This is but one of thousands of inventions that your Church has come up with to "tickle the ears" of your flock.

Your church is truly led by god, as satan is a god, the god of this system of things.

Peternosaint You have your TRADITIONS.... You have; The tradition of, Jesus failed to build his Church and you have to do it for him!!
1 Corinthians 11:2 I praise you for remembering me in everything and for holding to the traditions just as I passed them on to you.

*Graven images?!
No Catholic worships a graven image! The Church came before the Camera!!
You have IMAGES in your wallet and on your walls! Images you have and I have remind us of loved ones, or People we look up to!! As the Saints!

*depiction of Jesus on every wall.... our Savior in agony, and near death?
THINK: The Crucifix is a symbol of perfect LOVE! Jesus "GAVE" us his Body his soul and his Divinity in perfect love.. Letting go of his self totally!!! We look at the Crucifix and are reminded of "How much God loves us"!

* Your Church condoned slavery and participated in the sales of these poor people.
The Catholic Church is by far the largest Charity in the whole world! Your Church kills their own children by denying blood transfusions! Look in the mirror!

*Your Popes have shown that they are happy to murder....
PROVING they are sinners!!!!
The Holy Catholic Church is packed full to the rafters with sinners. The Church remains Holy without stain, Blameless!
PROVING your Church with NO sinners; does NOT need Christ and salvation!

* Your church is the epitome of the harlot that rides on the back of the beast
?????
To be Anti- Catholic is to be Anti-Christ!

* Through the trinity you have relegated the supreme creator, Jehovah, to a third of his real position of supremacy.
The man Arius was a CATHOLIC, he was NOT a Jehovah Witness! Arius was AMONG the Catholics before he was removed as a False Teacher a Heretic!
2 Peter 2:1
But there were also false prophets among the people, just as there will be false teachers among you. They will secretly introduce destructive heresies, even denying the sovereign Lord who bought them"bringing swift destruction on themselves. 2 Many will follow their depraved conduct and will bring the way of truth into disrepute.

Proving you MUST reject the words of scripture to be a Jehovah Witness! The PROPHESY cannot work in the reverse... The Catholic was NOT among Arius! DUH!!
PROVING also... The Jehovah Witness is NOT.. "The Way Of truth!"
bring the way of truth into disrepute

* Show me where the scriptures agree that Mary is in heaven in the human form. This is but one of thousands of inventions that your Church has come up with to "tickle the ears" of your flock.
The Arc carried the Show bread.... Mary carried Jesus the Real bread from heaven!
The Arc carried God for 40 years.... Mary carried Jesus for 40 weeks!
The Arc could not be touched by man... Mary was a Virgin!

The arc was seen in heaven..
19 Then God"s temple in heaven was opened, and within his temple was seen the ark of his covenant. And there came flashes of lightning, rumblings, peals of thunder, an earthquake and a severe hailstorm.
The very next verse...
A great sign appeared in heaven: a woman clothed with the sun, with the moon under her feet and a crown of twelve stars on her head. 2 She was pregnant and cried out in pain as she was about to give birth.

No other but Mary can fill this verse (above) Mary the Arc was seen in heaven!! Crowned with twelve stars!
1) Mary is full of Grace!
2) God is with Mary.. ALWAYS with her!
3) Mary is Blessed of all woman!
4) Mary is Mother of Jesus!
5) Mary is Mother of God!
6) God fulfills His Promise to Mary!
7) Mary glorifies the Lord.
8) Mary is servant to God!
9) Mary' family will always honor her as Blessed!
10) Jesus is Obedient to Mary!
11) Mary is the Mother of all Catholics!
12) Mary is a Child of God!
(all from scripture)

*Your church is truly led by god, as satan
Scriptures PROVE you wrong!
John 14:16 And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another advocate to help you and be with you forever"

Peternosaint The Holy Spirit is NOT guiding your church.. Because Jesus did not send the Holy Spirit to your Church FOREVER! Only the Holy Catholic Church has roots back two thousand years to Jesus and John 14:16

AGAIN...
20 and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age."

Peternosaint Jesus is always with his Holy Catholic Church.... To the end of the age!! ALWAYS WITH!! Proving your church one Hundred years old, with NO roots to Jesus, is a LIE of Satan!! You must reject Jesus' words (above) to be a JW!
Joey888
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/18/2016 5:44:37 AM
At 7/16/2016 4:35:33 PM, bamiller43 wrote:

Nuclear destruction causing fallout, a subsequent nuclear winter that annihilates life on earth.
Green house effect because we refuse to believe that we might have an effect on the climate, causing rises in temperature, holes in the ozone letting in unfiltered UV light, eventually destroying life on earth.

How about this: We humans find a way OFF Earth and colonize a new planet? That can be a possibility, since it will be billions of years before the Sun consumes the Earth.
Joseph
Joey888
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/18/2016 5:47:56 AM

2 Timothy 3

the heavens tremble,
11 The Lord thunders
at the head of his army;
it is dreadful.
Who can endure it?

I thought the Bible talks about how one goes to heaven, and not the way heaven runs.
Joseph
Cobalt
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/18/2016 8:04:05 AM
If by 'world' you mean 'Earth', then the death of the Sun will likely mean the end of the world.

If by "world" you mean "humanity", it seems likely that some created technology will end. us. As time goes on, technology's capacity for destruction increases exponentially. I imagine someone, either by accident or on purpose, will underestimate a technology and that technology will kill us.
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/18/2016 9:08:54 PM

Yep pretty much give or take a couple of years
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/18/2016 9:16:35 PM
At 7/16/2016 4:35:33 PM, bamiller43 wrote:

Nearly 250 nuclear bombs were detonated just 65 miles from Los Vegas Nevada in just a few short years and it had virtually no effect. on Los Vegas or the planet.
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
NewLifeChristian
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/18/2016 10:16:28 PM
The way the Bible says it will.
Pro-Life Quotes:

"I've noticed that everyone who is for abortion has already been born."
- Ronald Reagan

"The care of human life and happiness, and not their destruction, is the first and only object of good government."
- Thomas Jefferson

"A person is a person no matter how small."
- Dr. Seuss
Emmarie
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/18/2016 10:21:33 PM

It won't and the Meek shall inherit the earth. We are in a time of transition now though. I think elitists are attempting to "play out" the book of revelation so they can claim to be God. Hopefully people will wake up and resist, and then the meek will inherit the earth.
Dogknox
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/18/2016 10:29:57 PM
At 7/18/2016 5:47:56 AM, Joey888 wrote:

2 Timothy 3

the heavens tremble,
11 The Lord thunders
at the head of his army;
it is dreadful.
Who can endure it?

I thought the Bible talks about how one goes to heaven, and not the way heaven runs.
Joey888 The bible is a love story between God and man!
It is NOT a science book but archaeologists use it to dig up history!

Perfect man (Adam) failed caused death to enter creation. God (Jesus) became man do destroy death and restore life!
Joey888
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/18/2016 10:44:11 PM
At 7/18/2016 10:29:57 PM, Dogknox wrote:
At 7/18/2016 5:47:56 AM, Joey888 wrote:

2 Timothy 3

the heavens tremble,
11 The Lord thunders
at the head of his army;
it is dreadful.
Who can endure it?

Perfect man (Adam) failed caused death to enter creation. God (Jesus) became man do destroy death and restore life!

I did not say that the Bible is a science book dug up by researchers. I only stated my understanding if the Bible.
Joseph
Dogknox
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/18/2016 11:06:54 PM
At 7/18/2016 10:44:11 PM, Joey888 wrote:
At 7/18/2016 10:29:57 PM, Dogknox wrote:

I did not say that the Bible is a science book dug up by researchers. I only stated my understanding if the Bible.
Joey888 I hope all is well....
I reply: Yes your understanding is correct, it is a help to get to heaven! !
It is a book of the Church! The Church uses the scriptures in her teaching, rebuking, training, and correcting of men! It is a help in our journey towards heaven and unity with God!

2 Timothy 3:16
All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness,

Joey888 did you see it? The bible is USEFUL it is NOT alone used by the Church!

1 Timothy 3:15
if I am delayed, you will know how people ought to conduct themselves in God"s household, which is the church of the living God, the pillar and foundation of the truth.

The Church came before the bible! The bible is made up of 73 inspired works of God! There were many many more manuscripts kicking around in the beginning of the Church, 2000 years ago! Many of them were phony NON-Inspired but ALL claimed to be inspired! It was a mess!
Joey888 With the help of the Holy Spirit the Church picked out of the many hundreds only the truly God inspired manuscripts. Then she put them all into one book she named the bible! This way there was no misunderstanding between the inspired and the non-inspired works!
THINK.....
Joey888 If God helped her decide the truly inspired from the phony manuscripts.. DON'T..
Joey888 don't you think, the Holy Spirit would not also stick around and help her INTERPRET the same works!?

John 14:16
And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another advocate to help you and be with you forever

Joey888 The Holy Spirit did not leave or guide Jesus' Church into error! God remains FOREVER with his One Holy Catholic Apostolic Church!

..... and be with you forever