Snail shells always twist clockwise

Axonly
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/16/2016 5:59:24 AM
Posted: 4 months ago
Interesting thing I learnt.

Looking from directly above, almost all snail shells twist in a clockwise direction (Although there are rare individuals and some species that go anti-clockwise). This has a lot to do with snail mating, if the shells don't twist in the same direction, then it is almost impossible for the snails to mate. Natural selection then kicks in, hence why clockwise twisting shells is the most prevalent.
Meh!
Riwaaz_Ras
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/16/2016 6:29:47 AM
That's why left handers are prohibited to learn Vedas.
(This is not a goodbye message. I may or may not come back after ten years.)
Deb-8-A-Bull
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/16/2016 6:37:29 AM
At 7/16/2016 5:59:24 AM, Axonly wrote:

Looking from directly above, almost all snail shells twist in a clockwise direction (Although there are rare individuals and some species that go anti-clockwise). This has a lot to do with snail mating, if the shells don't twist in the same direction, then it is almost impossible for the snails to mate. Natural selection then kicks in, hence why clockwise twisting shells is the most prevalent.

What about the snails that over time , ( I won't use the evolved word ) .
Over time they grew their spirals on the other side , so the snakes that eat em can't. Eat them.
I like snails.
Axonly
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/16/2016 7:43:38 AM
At 7/16/2016 6:37:29 AM, Deb-8-A-Bull wrote:

Over time they grew their spirals on the other side , so the snakes that eat em can't. Eat them.
I like snails.

I wouldn't know about those, sounds interesting though.
Meh!
Peternosaint
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/22/2016 7:03:55 AM
At 7/16/2016 7:43:38 AM, Axonly wrote:
At 7/16/2016 6:37:29 AM, Deb-8-A-Bull wrote:

I like snails.

I wouldn't know about those, sounds interesting though.

Why do the French eat snails.....They don't' like fast food...Boom Boom!