Total Posts:30|Showing Posts:1-30
Jump to topic:

3 Conditions

Riwaaz_Ras
Posts: 1,046
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/16/2016 6:45:32 AM
Posted: 4 months ago
1.Unbiased, 2.Random & 3.Unintended

Give an example where all 3 conditions are fulfilled.

Where only 1&2, 1&3, 2&3 are fulfilled.
(This is not a goodbye message. I may or may not come back after ten years.)
RuvDraba
Posts: 6,033
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/17/2016 3:13:31 AM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 7/16/2016 6:45:32 AM, Riwaaz_Ras wrote:
1.Unbiased, 2.Random & 3.Unintended

Give an example where all 3 conditions are fulfilled.

Where only 1&2, 1&3, 2&3 are fulfilled.

How do you define these? How can they be independently recognised?

I think they're prone to definitional bias unless you're careful. If you're careful there shouldn't be a problem.
Axonly
Posts: 1,802
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/17/2016 4:14:13 AM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 7/16/2016 6:45:32 AM, Riwaaz_Ras wrote:
1.Unbiased, 2.Random & 3.Unintended

Give an example where all 3 conditions are fulfilled.

Where only 1&2, 1&3, 2&3 are fulfilled.

Why are you even here?
Meh!
Riwaaz_Ras
Posts: 1,046
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/17/2016 4:48:45 AM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 7/17/2016 4:14:13 AM, Axonly wrote:
At 7/16/2016 6:45:32 AM, Riwaaz_Ras wrote:
1.Unbiased, 2.Random & 3.Unintended

Give an example where all 3 conditions are fulfilled.

Where only 1&2, 1&3, 2&3 are fulfilled.

Why are you even here?

I'm here Axe.
(This is not a goodbye message. I may or may not come back after ten years.)
Riwaaz_Ras
Posts: 1,046
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/17/2016 5:04:11 AM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 7/17/2016 3:13:31 AM, RuvDraba wrote:
At 7/16/2016 6:45:32 AM, Riwaaz_Ras wrote:
1.Unbiased, 2.Random & 3.Unintended

Give an example where all 3 conditions are fulfilled.

Where only 1&2, 1&3, 2&3 are fulfilled.

How do you define these? How can they be independently recognised?

I think they're prone to definitional bias unless you're careful. If you're careful there shouldn't be a problem.

Draba, you have to attempt the question first.
(This is not a goodbye message. I may or may not come back after ten years.)
RuvDraba
Posts: 6,033
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/17/2016 5:09:52 AM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 7/17/2016 5:04:11 AM, Riwaaz_Ras wrote:
At 7/17/2016 3:13:31 AM, RuvDraba wrote:
At 7/16/2016 6:45:32 AM, Riwaaz_Ras wrote:
1.Unbiased, 2.Random & 3.Unintended

Give an example where all 3 conditions are fulfilled.

Where only 1&2, 1&3, 2&3 are fulfilled.

How do you define these? How can they be independently recognised?

I think they're prone to definitional bias unless you're careful. If you're careful there shouldn't be a problem.

Draba, you have to attempt the question first.

So should I try to guess what your definitions are, then have to use them even if they're not my definitions? Or should I use my own definitions, only to be told that they aren't yours because you didn't bother explaining them and they don't make the point you wished me to make?

And why would I be doing this other than to presumably argue on your behalf, a presuppositional point about a designed universe, which is only credible when you pick the definitions to make the argument, and avoid saying how you've kept your definitions free from bias?

My suggestion: if you want to make that argument, defend your definitions first, make the argument and see what comes. All this furtiveness is silly, dishonest and disrespectful. :)
Riwaaz_Ras
Posts: 1,046
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/17/2016 5:21:01 AM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 7/17/2016 5:09:52 AM, RuvDraba wrote:
At 7/17/2016 5:04:11 AM, Riwaaz_Ras wrote:
At 7/17/2016 3:13:31 AM, RuvDraba wrote:
At 7/16/2016 6:45:32 AM, Riwaaz_Ras wrote:
1.Unbiased, 2.Random & 3.Unintended

Give an example where all 3 conditions are fulfilled.

Where only 1&2, 1&3, 2&3 are fulfilled.

How do you define these? How can they be independently recognised?

I think they're prone to definitional bias unless you're careful. If you're careful there shouldn't be a problem.

Draba, you have to attempt the question first.

So should I try to guess what your definitions are, then have to use them even if they're not my definitions? Or should I use my own definitions, only to be told that they aren't yours because you didn't bother explaining them and they don't make the point you wished me to make?

And why would I be doing this other than to presumably argue on your behalf, a presuppositional point about a designed universe, which is only credible when you pick the definitions to make the argument, and avoid saying how you've kept your definitions free from bias?

My suggestion: if you want to make that argument, defend your definitions first, make the argument and see what comes. All this furtiveness is silly, dishonest and disrespectful. :)

unbiased
1
free from bias; especially : free from all prejudice and favoritism : eminently fair
2
having an expected value equal to a population parameter being estimated

unintended
not made or done willingly or by choice

Random

Without any pattern(s)
(This is not a goodbye message. I may or may not come back after ten years.)
RuvDraba
Posts: 6,033
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/17/2016 5:25:03 AM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 7/17/2016 5:21:01 AM, Riwaaz_Ras wrote:

My suggestion: if you want to make that argument, defend your definitions first, make the argument and see what comes. All this furtiveness is silly, dishonest and disrespectful. :)

unbiased
1
free from bias; especially : free from all prejudice and favoritism : eminently fair
2
having an expected value equal to a population parameter being estimated


unintended
not made or done willingly or by choice

Random

Without any pattern(s)

Thank you, but that's only what they mean in common usage. Now, how can they be independently tested and recognised?
Riwaaz_Ras
Posts: 1,046
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/17/2016 5:44:16 AM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 7/17/2016 5:25:03 AM, RuvDraba wrote:
At 7/17/2016 5:21:01 AM, Riwaaz_Ras wrote:

My suggestion: if you want to make that argument, defend your definitions first, make the argument and see what comes. All this furtiveness is silly, dishonest and disrespectful. :)

unbiased
1
free from bias; especially : free from all prejudice and favoritism : eminently fair
2
having an expected value equal to a population parameter being estimated


unintended
not made or done willingly or by choice

Random

Without any pattern(s)

Thank you, but that's only what they mean in common usage. Now, how can they be independently tested and recognised?

Let me ask a question - Are the succeeding digits in an irrational number, random?
(This is not a goodbye message. I may or may not come back after ten years.)
RuvDraba
Posts: 6,033
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/17/2016 5:58:19 AM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 7/17/2016 5:44:16 AM, Riwaaz_Ras wrote:
At 7/17/2016 5:25:03 AM, RuvDraba wrote:
At 7/17/2016 5:21:01 AM, Riwaaz_Ras wrote:
My suggestion: if you want to make that argument, defend your definitions first, make the argument and see what comes. All this furtiveness is silly, dishonest and disrespectful. :)

unbiased
1 free from bias; especially : free from all prejudice and favoritism : eminently fair
2 having an expected value equal to a population parameter being estimated

unintended
not made or done willingly or by choice

Random
Without any pattern(s)

Thank you, but that's only what they mean in common usage. Now, how can they be independently tested and recognised?

Let me ask a question - Are the succeeding digits in an irrational number, random?

I assume you mean an irrational number defined procedurally, like sqrt(2), which can be calculated by an expansion like [https://en.wikipedia.org...]:
Product(k=0..infinity, (4k+2)^2/[(4k+1)(4k+3)])

Almost by definition, numbers generated by a repeatable, predictable procedure are not random. The patterns in the digits of the decimal expansion of sqrt(2) can be found in the formula I listed above.

If you mean an irrational number that might not be defined procedurally then I'd need more information about what you mean.
Riwaaz_Ras
Posts: 1,046
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/17/2016 10:39:24 AM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 7/17/2016 5:58:19 AM, RuvDraba wrote:
At 7/17/2016 5:44:16 AM, Riwaaz_Ras wrote:
At 7/17/2016 5:25:03 AM, RuvDraba wrote:
At 7/17/2016 5:21:01 AM, Riwaaz_Ras wrote:
My suggestion: if you want to make that argument, defend your definitions first, make the argument and see what comes. All this furtiveness is silly, dishonest and disrespectful. :)

unbiased
1 free from bias; especially : free from all prejudice and favoritism : eminently fair
2 having an expected value equal to a population parameter being estimated

unintended
not made or done willingly or by choice

Random
Without any pattern(s)

Thank you, but that's only what they mean in common usage. Now, how can they be independently tested and recognised?

Let me ask a question - Are the succeeding digits in an irrational number, random?

I assume you mean an irrational number defined procedurally, like sqrt(2), which can be calculated by an expansion like [https://en.wikipedia.org...]:
Product(k=0..infinity, (4k+2)^2/[(4k+1)(4k+3)])

Almost by definition, numbers generated by a repeatable, predictable procedure are not random. The patterns in the digits of the decimal expansion of sqrt(2) can be found in the formula I listed above.

The only criterion for non random is a pattern, according to my definition. Not repeatable. Not predictable. Why?

Roll a dice. You will get one out of six possible results. Note the outcomes one after another just like succeeding digits in an irrational numbers. Call it 'dice number sequence '.

The results were random before we got them. This sounds obvious. But, will you call the dice experiment non random looking at the dice number sequence. No.

Again, why? Can you tell me what's the difference in dice number sequence and the irrational number sequence calculated to a finite limit ?
(This is not a goodbye message. I may or may not come back after ten years.)
RuvDraba
Posts: 6,033
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/17/2016 11:30:37 AM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 7/17/2016 10:39:24 AM, Riwaaz_Ras wrote:
At 7/17/2016 5:58:19 AM, RuvDraba wrote:
At 7/17/2016 5:44:16 AM, Riwaaz_Ras wrote:
At 7/17/2016 5:25:03 AM, RuvDraba wrote:
At 7/17/2016 5:21:01 AM, Riwaaz_Ras wrote:
Random
Without any pattern(s)
Thank you, but that's only what they mean in common usage. Now, how can they be independently tested and recognised?
Let me ask a question - Are the succeeding digits in an irrational number, random?
I assume you mean an irrational number defined procedurally, like sqrt(2), which can be calculated by an expansion like [https://en.wikipedia.org...]:
Product(k=0..infinity, (4k+2)^2/[(4k+1)(4k+3)])

Almost by definition, numbers generated by a repeatable, predictable procedure are not random. The patterns in the digits of the decimal expansion of sqrt(2) can be found in the formula I listed above.

The results were random before we got them.
As I suspected, Riwaaz, you're using an unusual (popular, but nonscientific) definition of random.

The first 12 fractional digits in the decimal expansion of sqrt(2) are 414213562373. The fact that a casual reader might not know what the next digit is does not mean that the next digit cannot be predicted with confidence. (In fact, codebreakers do this sort of thing all the time.)

How do they do it? By finding information in the structure -- and lack of information in the structure is actually the best definition we have of 'random'.

Can you tell me what's the difference in dice number sequence and the irrational number sequence calculated to a finite limit ?

If a die is fair and is affected by shifting circumstances that cannot be recorded, controlled or repeated, for all practical purposes we can treat it as random.

But with an irrational number, as long as the number is procedurally calculated, like sqrt(2), it contains information that might not be visible to the casual observer, but which is nevertheless present. If it's present, it's non-random -- even though by definition of an irrational number, it doesn't repeat.

I've been very careful with my language here, Riwaaz, because not every irrational is procedurally calculated. In fact the number of irrationals that cannot be procedurally calculated vastly exceeds the number that can. Technically, if you picked one of the former, you might have a case for randomness. But how do you pick one without a procedure?
Akhenaten
Posts: 854
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/17/2016 11:39:24 AM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 7/16/2016 6:45:32 AM, Riwaaz_Ras wrote:
1.Unbiased, 2.Random & 3.Unintended

Give an example where all 3 conditions are fulfilled.

Where only 1&2, 1&3, 2&3 are fulfilled.

Unbiased doesn't exist. Thus, the other too conditions don't apply! lol
Riwaaz_Ras
Posts: 1,046
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/18/2016 4:25:44 PM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 7/17/2016 11:39:24 AM, Akhenaten wrote:
At 7/16/2016 6:45:32 AM, Riwaaz_Ras wrote:
1.Unbiased, 2.Random & 3.Unintended

Give an example where all 3 conditions are fulfilled.

Where only 1&2, 1&3, 2&3 are fulfilled.

Unbiased doesn't exist. Thus, the other too conditions don't apply! lol

naten, why do you think unbiased doesn't exist?
(This is not a goodbye message. I may or may not come back after ten years.)
Akhenaten
Posts: 854
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/18/2016 4:31:54 PM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 7/18/2016 4:25:44 PM, Riwaaz_Ras wrote:
At 7/17/2016 11:39:24 AM, Akhenaten wrote:
At 7/16/2016 6:45:32 AM, Riwaaz_Ras wrote:
1.Unbiased, 2.Random & 3.Unintended

Give an example where all 3 conditions are fulfilled.

Where only 1&2, 1&3, 2&3 are fulfilled.

Unbiased doesn't exist. Thus, the other too conditions don't apply! lol

naten, why do you think unbiased doesn't exist?

Because that's my biased opinion! lol What is your biased opinion? lol
Riwaaz_Ras
Posts: 1,046
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/18/2016 4:42:33 PM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 7/18/2016 4:31:54 PM, Akhenaten wrote:
At 7/18/2016 4:25:44 PM, Riwaaz_Ras wrote:
At 7/17/2016 11:39:24 AM, Akhenaten wrote:
At 7/16/2016 6:45:32 AM, Riwaaz_Ras wrote:
1.Unbiased, 2.Random & 3.Unintended

Give an example where all 3 conditions are fulfilled.

Where only 1&2, 1&3, 2&3 are fulfilled.

Unbiased doesn't exist. Thus, the other too conditions don't apply! lol

naten, why do you think unbiased doesn't exist?

Because that's my biased opinion! lol What is your biased opinion? lol

How is an unbiased coin, biased ?
(This is not a goodbye message. I may or may not come back after ten years.)
Akhenaten
Posts: 854
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/19/2016 3:14:39 PM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 7/18/2016 4:42:33 PM, Riwaaz_Ras wrote:
At 7/18/2016 4:31:54 PM, Akhenaten wrote:
At 7/18/2016 4:25:44 PM, Riwaaz_Ras wrote:
At 7/17/2016 11:39:24 AM, Akhenaten wrote:
At 7/16/2016 6:45:32 AM, Riwaaz_Ras wrote:
1.Unbiased, 2.Random & 3.Unintended

Give an example where all 3 conditions are fulfilled.

Where only 1&2, 1&3, 2&3 are fulfilled.

Unbiased doesn't exist. Thus, the other too conditions don't apply! lol

naten, why do you think unbiased doesn't exist?

Because that's my biased opinion! lol What is your biased opinion? lol

How is an unbiased coin, biased ?

Because the weight of the coin would not be 100 % perfect and would slightly favour one side over the other side. That's how!
TheGreatAndPowerful
Posts: 3,012
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/19/2016 3:48:11 PM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 7/16/2016 6:45:32 AM, Riwaaz_Ras wrote:
1.Unbiased, 2.Random & 3.Unintended

Give an example where all 3 conditions are fulfilled.

Where only 1&2, 1&3, 2&3 are fulfilled.

1&2&3 - Radioactive decay.
1&2 - Roll of a fair die.
1&3 - Orbital motion of the planets.
2&3 - This is contradictory. A bias means that it is predisposed toward some intended outcome which means that it cannot also be unintended. So something canot be biased and at the same time unintended.
Riwaaz_Ras
Posts: 1,046
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/19/2016 4:23:37 PM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 7/19/2016 3:14:39 PM, Akhenaten wrote:
At 7/18/2016 4:42:33 PM, Riwaaz_Ras wrote:
At 7/18/2016 4:31:54 PM, Akhenaten wrote:
At 7/18/2016 4:25:44 PM, Riwaaz_Ras wrote:
At 7/17/2016 11:39:24 AM, Akhenaten wrote:
At 7/16/2016 6:45:32 AM, Riwaaz_Ras wrote:
1.Unbiased, 2.Random & 3.Unintended

Give an example where all 3 conditions are fulfilled.

Where only 1&2, 1&3, 2&3 are fulfilled.

Unbiased doesn't exist. Thus, the other too conditions don't apply! lol

naten, why do you think unbiased doesn't exist?

Because that's my biased opinion! lol What is your biased opinion? lol

How is an unbiased coin, biased ?

Because the weight of the coin would not be 100 % perfect and would slightly favour one side over the other side. That's how!

You confess that, at least theoretically, can be made?
(This is not a goodbye message. I may or may not come back after ten years.)
Riwaaz_Ras
Posts: 1,046
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/19/2016 4:35:03 PM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 7/19/2016 3:48:11 PM, TheGreatAndPowerful wrote:
At 7/16/2016 6:45:32 AM, Riwaaz_Ras wrote:
1.Unbiased, 2.Random & 3.Unintended

Give an example where all 3 conditions are fulfilled.

Where only 1&2, 1&3, 2&3 are fulfilled.

1&2&3 - Radioactive decay.
1&2 - Roll of a fair die.
1&3 - Orbital motion of the planets.
2&3 - This is contradictory. A bias means that it is predisposed toward some intended outcome which means that it cannot also be unintended. So something canot be biased and at the same time unintended.

Thanks, at least you tried.

Do you think these three can exist independent of each other? Examples?

I don't agree with your answer, though.
(This is not a goodbye message. I may or may not come back after ten years.)
TheGreatAndPowerful
Posts: 3,012
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/19/2016 5:40:34 PM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 7/19/2016 4:35:03 PM, Riwaaz_Ras wrote:
At 7/19/2016 3:48:11 PM, TheGreatAndPowerful wrote:
At 7/16/2016 6:45:32 AM, Riwaaz_Ras wrote:
1.Unbiased, 2.Random & 3.Unintended

Give an example where all 3 conditions are fulfilled.

Where only 1&2, 1&3, 2&3 are fulfilled.

1&2&3 - Radioactive decay.
1&2 - Roll of a fair die.
1&3 - Orbital motion of the planets.
2&3 - This is contradictory. A bias means that it is predisposed toward some intended outcome which means that it cannot also be unintended. So something canot be biased and at the same time unintended.

Thanks, at least you tried.

Do you think these three can exist independent of each other? Examples?

1 only - Rolling a ball down a hill.
2 only - Rolling a loaded die.
3 only - Again, contradictory. You can't have 3 without 1.
Akhenaten
Posts: 854
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/20/2016 1:09:03 AM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 7/19/2016 4:23:37 PM, Riwaaz_Ras wrote:


You confess that, at least theoretically, can be made?

Chaos theory will always slightly favour one side over the other. Therefore, it is theoretically and practically impossible.
Riwaaz_Ras
Posts: 1,046
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/20/2016 6:27:46 AM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 7/19/2016 5:40:34 PM, TheGreatAndPowerful wrote:
At 7/19/2016 4:35:03 PM, Riwaaz_Ras wrote:
At 7/19/2016 3:48:11 PM, TheGreatAndPowerful wrote:
At 7/16/2016 6:45:32 AM, Riwaaz_Ras wrote:
1.Unbiased, 2.Random & 3.Unintended

Give an example where all 3 conditions are fulfilled.

Where only 1&2, 1&3, 2&3 are fulfilled.

1&2&3 - Radioactive decay.
1&2 - Roll of a fair die.
1&3 - Orbital motion of the planets.
2&3 - This is contradictory. A bias means that it is predisposed toward some intended outcome which means that it cannot also be unintended. So something canot be biased and at the same time unintended.

Thanks, at least you tried.

Do you think these three can exist independent of each other? Examples?

1 only - Rolling a ball down a hill.
2 only - Rolling a loaded die.
3 only - Again, contradictory. You can't have 3 without 1.

Rolling a ball down a hill is intended.

Rolling a loaded die is intended.

Roll of fair die is intended.
(This is not a goodbye message. I may or may not come back after ten years.)
Deb-8-A-Bull
Posts: 2,181
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/20/2016 7:25:09 AM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 7/20/2016 6:27:46 AM, Riwaaz_Ras wrote:
At 7/19/2016 5:40:34 PM, TheGreatAndPowerful wrote:
At 7/19/2016 4:35:03 PM, Riwaaz_Ras wrote:
At 7/19/2016 3:48:11 PM, TheGreatAndPowerful wrote:
At 7/16/2016 6:45:32 AM, Riwaaz_Ras wrote:
1.Unbiased, 2.Random & 3.Unintended

Give an example where all 3 conditions are fulfilled.

Where only 1&2, 1&3, 2&3 are fulfilled.

1&2&3 - Radioactive decay.
1&2 - Roll of a fair die.
1&3 - Orbital motion of the planets.
2&3 - This is contradictory. A bias means that it is predisposed toward some intended outcome which means that it cannot also be unintended. So something canot be biased and at the same time unintended.

Thanks, at least you tried.

Do you think these three can exist independent of each other? Examples?

1 only - Rolling a ball down a hill.
2 only - Rolling a loaded die.
3 only - Again, contradictory. You can't have 3 without 1.

Rolling a ball down a hill is intended.

Rolling a loaded die is intended.

Roll of fair die is intended.

Your Birthday.
Deb-8-A-Bull
Posts: 2,181
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/20/2016 7:34:49 AM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 7/20/2016 7:25:09 AM, Deb-8-A-Bull wrote:
At 7/20/2016 6:27:46 AM, Riwaaz_Ras wrote:
At 7/19/2016 5:40:34 PM, TheGreatAndPowerful wrote:
At 7/19/2016 4:35:03 PM, Riwaaz_Ras wrote:
At 7/19/2016 3:48:11 PM, TheGreatAndPowerful wrote:
At 7/16/2016 6:45:32 AM, Riwaaz_Ras wrote:
1.Unbiased, 2.Random & 3.Unintended

Give an example where all 3 conditions are fulfilled.

Where only 1&2, 1&3, 2&3 are fulfilled.

1&2&3 - Radioactive decay.
1&2 - Roll of a fair die.
1&3 - Orbital motion of the planets.
2&3 - This is contradictory. A bias means that it is predisposed toward some intended outcome which means that it cannot also be unintended. So something canot be biased and at the same time unintended.

Thanks, at least you tried.

Do you think these three can exist independent of each other? Examples?

1 only - Rolling a ball down a hill.
2 only - Rolling a loaded die.
3 only - Again, contradictory. You can't have 3 without 1.

Rolling a ball down a hill is intended.

Rolling a loaded die is intended.

Roll of fair die is intended.

Your Birthday.

Being hit by a driver, who had a attack of some sorts.
Riwaaz_Ras
Posts: 1,046
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/20/2016 7:48:00 AM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 7/20/2016 7:34:49 AM, Deb-8-A-Bull wrote:
At 7/20/2016 7:25:09 AM, Deb-8-A-Bull wrote:
At 7/20/2016 6:27:46 AM, Riwaaz_Ras wrote:
At 7/19/2016 5:40:34 PM, TheGreatAndPowerful wrote:
At 7/19/2016 4:35:03 PM, Riwaaz_Ras wrote:
At 7/19/2016 3:48:11 PM, TheGreatAndPowerful wrote:
At 7/16/2016 6:45:32 AM, Riwaaz_Ras wrote:
1.Unbiased, 2.Random & 3.Unintended

Give an example where all 3 conditions are fulfilled.

Where only 1&2, 1&3, 2&3 are fulfilled.

1&2&3 - Radioactive decay.
1&2 - Roll of a fair die.
1&3 - Orbital motion of the planets.
2&3 - This is contradictory. A bias means that it is predisposed toward some intended outcome which means that it cannot also be unintended. So something canot be biased and at the same time unintended.

Thanks, at least you tried.

Do you think these three can exist independent of each other? Examples?

1 only - Rolling a ball down a hill.
2 only - Rolling a loaded die.
3 only - Again, contradictory. You can't have 3 without 1.

Rolling a ball down a hill is intended.

Rolling a loaded die is intended.

Roll of fair die is intended.

Your Birthday.

Being hit by a driver, who had a attack of some sorts.

He chose to drive.
(This is not a goodbye message. I may or may not come back after ten years.)
TheGreatAndPowerful
Posts: 3,012
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/20/2016 10:22:47 AM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 7/20/2016 6:27:46 AM, Riwaaz_Ras wrote:
At 7/19/2016 5:40:34 PM, TheGreatAndPowerful wrote:
At 7/19/2016 4:35:03 PM, Riwaaz_Ras wrote:
At 7/19/2016 3:48:11 PM, TheGreatAndPowerful wrote:
At 7/16/2016 6:45:32 AM, Riwaaz_Ras wrote:
1.Unbiased, 2.Random & 3.Unintended

Give an example where all 3 conditions are fulfilled.

Where only 1&2, 1&3, 2&3 are fulfilled.

1&2&3 - Radioactive decay.
1&2 - Roll of a fair die.
1&3 - Orbital motion of the planets.
2&3 - This is contradictory. A bias means that it is predisposed toward some intended outcome which means that it cannot also be unintended. So something canot be biased and at the same time unintended.

Thanks, at least you tried.

Do you think these three can exist independent of each other? Examples?

1 only - Rolling a ball down a hill.
2 only - Rolling a loaded die.
3 only - Again, contradictory. You can't have 3 without 1.

Rolling a ball down a hill is intended.

Rolling a loaded die is intended.

Roll of fair die is intended.

Yes, correct. And none of those have #3 (UNintended) selected. Your point?
Riwaaz_Ras
Posts: 1,046
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/20/2016 10:47:53 AM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 7/20/2016 10:22:47 AM, TheGreatAndPowerful wrote:
At 7/20/2016 6:27:46 AM, Riwaaz_Ras wrote:
At 7/19/2016 5:40:34 PM, TheGreatAndPowerful wrote:
At 7/19/2016 4:35:03 PM, Riwaaz_Ras wrote:
At 7/19/2016 3:48:11 PM, TheGreatAndPowerful wrote:
At 7/16/2016 6:45:32 AM, Riwaaz_Ras wrote:
1.Unbiased, 2.Random & 3.Unintended

Give an example where all 3 conditions are fulfilled.

Where only 1&2, 1&3, 2&3 are fulfilled.

1&2&3 - Radioactive decay.
1&2 - Roll of a fair die.
1&3 - Orbital motion of the planets.
2&3 - This is contradictory. A bias means that it is predisposed toward some intended outcome which means that it cannot also be unintended. So something canot be biased and at the same time unintended.

Thanks, at least you tried.

Do you think these three can exist independent of each other? Examples?

1 only - Rolling a ball down a hill.
2 only - Rolling a loaded die.
3 only - Again, contradictory. You can't have 3 without 1.

Rolling a ball down a hill is intended.

Rolling a loaded die is intended.

Roll of fair die is intended.

Yes, correct. And none of those have #3 (UNintended) selected. Your point?

Other than that, all your points are wrong.
(This is not a goodbye message. I may or may not come back after ten years.)
Riwaaz_Ras
Posts: 1,046
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/20/2016 10:49:26 AM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 7/20/2016 10:22:47 AM, TheGreatAndPowerful wrote:
At 7/20/2016 6:27:46 AM, Riwaaz_Ras wrote:
At 7/19/2016 5:40:34 PM, TheGreatAndPowerful wrote:
At 7/19/2016 4:35:03 PM, Riwaaz_Ras wrote:
At 7/19/2016 3:48:11 PM, TheGreatAndPowerful wrote:
At 7/16/2016 6:45:32 AM, Riwaaz_Ras wrote:
1.Unbiased, 2.Random & 3.Unintended

Give an example where all 3 conditions are fulfilled.

Where only 1&2, 1&3, 2&3 are fulfilled.

1&2&3 - Radioactive decay.
1&2 - Roll of a fair die.
1&3 - Orbital motion of the planets.
2&3 - This is contradictory. A bias means that it is predisposed toward some intended outcome which means that it cannot also be unintended. So something canot be biased and at the same time unintended.

Thanks, at least you tried.

Do you think these three can exist independent of each other? Examples?

1 only - Rolling a ball down a hill.
2 only - Rolling a loaded die.
3 only - Again, contradictory. You can't have 3 without 1.

Rolling a ball down a hill is intended.

Rolling a loaded die is intended.

Roll of fair die is intended.

Yes, correct. And none of those have #3 (UNintended) selected. Your point?

Other than these three I just mentioned, all your examples are incorrect.
(This is not a goodbye message. I may or may not come back after ten years.)
TheGreatAndPowerful
Posts: 3,012
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/20/2016 11:08:11 AM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 7/20/2016 10:49:26 AM, Riwaaz_Ras wrote:
At 7/20/2016 10:22:47 AM, TheGreatAndPowerful wrote:
At 7/20/2016 6:27:46 AM, Riwaaz_Ras wrote:
At 7/19/2016 5:40:34 PM, TheGreatAndPowerful wrote:
At 7/19/2016 4:35:03 PM, Riwaaz_Ras wrote:
At 7/19/2016 3:48:11 PM, TheGreatAndPowerful wrote:
At 7/16/2016 6:45:32 AM, Riwaaz_Ras wrote:
1.Unbiased, 2.Random & 3.Unintended

Give an example where all 3 conditions are fulfilled.

Where only 1&2, 1&3, 2&3 are fulfilled.

1&2&3 - Radioactive decay.
1&2 - Roll of a fair die.
1&3 - Orbital motion of the planets.
2&3 - This is contradictory. A bias means that it is predisposed toward some intended outcome which means that it cannot also be unintended. So something canot be biased and at the same time unintended.

Thanks, at least you tried.

Do you think these three can exist independent of each other? Examples?

1 only - Rolling a ball down a hill.
2 only - Rolling a loaded die.
3 only - Again, contradictory. You can't have 3 without 1.

Rolling a ball down a hill is intended.

Rolling a loaded die is intended.

Roll of fair die is intended.

Yes, correct. And none of those have #3 (UNintended) selected. Your point?

Other than these three I just mentioned, all your examples are incorrect.

They meet the criteria. If you want to discuss it you'll actually have to rebut it more than just going "Nuh uh"