Jump to topic:

Cancer defeated?

bigotry
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/22/2016 2:55:20 AM
Posted: 4 months ago
I had been reading some random things on the internet and I came across this idea that cancer can be defeated by making the cells starve. While this sounds good, is this true? I know cannabis causes cancer cells to commit suicide and things like that but what about a method to manipulate these cells directly?
your thoughts?
Axonly
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/22/2016 5:32:36 AM
At 7/22/2016 2:55:20 AM, bigotry wrote:
I had been reading some random things on the internet and I came across this idea that cancer can be defeated by making the cells starve. While this sounds good, is this true? I know cannabis causes cancer cells to commit suicide and things like that but what about a method to manipulate these cells directly?
your thoughts?

https://xkcd.com...
Meh!
bigotry
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/22/2016 4:30:10 PM
At 7/22/2016 5:32:36 AM, Axonly wrote:
your thoughts?

https://xkcd.com...
Hahahaha! Thats hilarious!
TheGreatAndPowerful
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/22/2016 4:37:58 PM
your thoughts?

Which cancer? "Curing cancer" is as nonsensical as "Curing broken bones" or "Curing viruses."
Akhenaten
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/22/2016 5:10:28 PM
your thoughts?

Cancer can only be prevented. It can't always be cured. If you eat right and avoid toxic chemicals you should live a long life without cancer.
Things that may induce cancer.
1. Sugar
2. dairy products.
3. grain products.
4. Food concentrates.
5. Alcohol.
6. preservatives.
7. Food colouring.
8. Halogen chemicals.
9. Heavy metal chemicals.
10. Lack of exercise.
11. Over eating.
13. Pesticides.
14. Fire retardants.
15. Over exposure to sunlight.
16. Herbicides.
17. Plastics.
18. Sleeping with the window closed.
19. Toxic chemicals in general.
20. Radiation.
Torton
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/22/2016 10:10:52 PM
At 7/22/2016 5:10:28 PM, Akhenaten wrote:
your thoughts?

Cancer can only be prevented. It can't always be cured. If you eat right and avoid toxic chemicals you should live a long life without cancer.
1. Sugar
2. dairy products.
3. grain products.
4. Food concentrates.
5. Alcohol.
6. preservatives.
7. Food colouring.
8. Halogen chemicals.
10. Lack of exercise.
11. Over eating.
13. Pesticides.
14. Fire retardants.
16. Herbicides.
17. Plastics.
: 18. Sleeping with the window closed.
20. Radiation.
So can we basically wrap up this account as being a big joke? The bolded basically confirms it.
bigotry
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/22/2016 10:33:06 PM
At 7/22/2016 4:37:58 PM, TheGreatAndPowerful wrote:
your thoughts?

Which cancer? "Curing cancer" is as nonsensical as "Curing broken bones" or "Curing viruses."

Well the idea is that if you can manipulate these cells to commit suicide then it would be possible as all cancer cells generally are the same in their behavior as far as malignant ones go.
TheGreatAndPowerful
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/23/2016 1:17:21 AM
At 7/22/2016 10:33:06 PM, bigotry wrote:
your thoughts?

Well the idea is that if you can manipulate these cells to commit suicide then it would be possible as all cancer cells generally are the same in their behavior as far as malignant ones go.

No, they aren't.
Akhenaten
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/23/2016 1:17:54 AM
At 7/22/2016 10:10:52 PM, Torton wrote:

1. Sugar
2. dairy products.
3. grain products.
4. Food concentrates.
5. Alcohol.
6. preservatives.
7. Food colouring.
8. Halogen chemicals.
10. Lack of exercise.
11. Over eating.
13. Pesticides.
14. Fire retardants.
16. Herbicides.
17. Plastics.
: 18. Sleeping with the window closed.
20. Radiation.
So can we basically wrap up this account as being a big joke? The bolded basically confirms it.

You are the only joke here!
Cancer is essentially an oxygen deprivation problem caused by blockages and chemical interference of hormone signalling processes.
bigotry
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/23/2016 3:07:01 AM
At 7/23/2016 1:17:21 AM, TheGreatAndPowerful wrote:
your thoughts?

No, they aren't.

really? so whats functionally different of the behavior of lung cancer vs say liver cancer?
TheGreatAndPowerful
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/23/2016 3:21:54 AM
At 7/23/2016 3:07:01 AM, bigotry wrote:
your thoughts?

No, they aren't.

really? so whats functionally different of the behavior of lung cancer vs say liver cancer?

I can't say what the specific differences there are between those two types without just regurgitating wikipedia articles, but difference cancers manifest in different ways and affect the body in different ways and are treated in different ways because they are functionally different.

Take a look this (http://www.cancer.gov...) list of targeted therapies. All those different cancers requiring different targeted therapies, because those cancers operate in sufficiently different to make a treatment that works on one ineffective on another.
bigotry
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/23/2016 5:04:02 AM
At 7/23/2016 3:21:54 AM, TheGreatAndPowerful wrote:
At 7/23/2016 3:07:01 AM, bigotry wrote:
your thoughts?

No, they aren't.

I can't say what the specific differences there are between those two types without just regurgitating wikipedia articles, but difference cancers manifest in different ways and affect the body in different ways and are treated in different ways because they are functionally different.

Take a look this (http://www.cancer.gov...) list of targeted therapies. All those different cancers requiring different targeted therapies, because those cancers operate in sufficiently different to make a treatment that works on one ineffective on another.

Interesting. So when they say "cancer has spread from body part a to body part b or system a to system b" does that mean the cancer changes function or its the same cancer but now you have say lymph node cancer in your pancreas? Or would it just become lymph node cancer and pancreatic cancer acting in 2 different ways?
KendoRe2
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/23/2016 5:08:07 AM
To live is to die. As in everything that lives eventually dies. Even the sun and stars were born and will die. Cancer sucks, but it's a means to an end. Gotta go someway
Akhenaten
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/24/2016 5:16:20 AM
The medical system doesn't use iodine to cure cancer because its not patentable and is easily available. Thus, iodine is a doctors worst enemy and they must delete all cures which involve iodine otherwise doctors may become redundant. Now, doctors wouldn't like becoming redundant. Thus, they will continue to ignore and pretend that iodine doesn't exist and that it doesn't either cure or prevent cancer and most disease. Yet, they will paint it all over your body before you have an operation because they know its the only chemical that can prevent infection. lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hypocrites! lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The medical system is a joke!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Discipulus_Didicit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/24/2016 8:18:22 AM
Cancer will never cease to exist. Take Akhenaten for example, since they posted on this topic. Literally cancer. But even when young Akhenaten grows up and turns 13, and no longer finds it amusing to post strings of random letters and numbers on the internet, there will always be others to take their place (vi_spex, evidence, peternosaint, etc. I am sure there have probably been others that have cropped up during my 5-6 month hiatus as well)

Cancer can never be defeated, it will always exist in some form. Just when you think it has shriveled up and died its last, a new avatar will be reborn and the legacy of cancer will continue.

Forever.

No cure.

Cancer.

Forever.
Cobalt - You could be scum too.
Matt - I suppose. But I also might not be.

Kiri - Yeah, I don't know what DD is doing.
Vaarka - He's doin'a thingy do

DD - The best advice most often goes unheeded.
Wise Man - KYS, DD.
DD - Case in point ^
Akhenaten
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/24/2016 9:58:35 AM
At 7/24/2016 8:18:22 AM, Discipulus_Didicit wrote:
Cancer will never cease to exist. Take Akhenaten for example, since they posted on this topic. Literally cancer. But even when young Akhenaten grows up and turns 13, and no longer finds it amusing to post strings of random letters and numbers on the internet, there will always be others to take their place (vi_spex, evidence, peternosaint, etc. I am sure there have probably been others that have cropped up during my 5-6 month hiatus as well)

Cancer can never be defeated, it will always exist in some form. Just when you think it has shriveled up and died its last, a new avatar will be reborn and the legacy of cancer will continue.

Forever.

No cure.

Cancer.

Forever.

A fine example of the kind of retarded ignoramus that dwells on this website. Discipus, not realizing that that he himself is a cancerous form malignancy which invades this website with his poisonous and toxic verbal garbage.
Joey888
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/25/2016 2:33:17 PM
At 7/22/2016 5:10:28 PM, Akhenaten wrote:
your thoughts?

1. Sugar
2. dairy products.
3. grain products.
4. Food concentrates.
5. Alcohol.
6. preservatives.
7. Food colouring.
8. Halogen chemicals.
10. Lack of exercise.
11. Over eating.
13. Pesticides.
14. Fire retardants.
16. Herbicides.
17. Plastics.
20. Radiation.

That is a lot of things to watch out for!
Joseph
Akhenaten
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/25/2016 3:28:31 PM
At 7/25/2016 2:33:17 PM, Joey888 wrote:

1. Sugar
2. dairy products.
3. grain products.
4. Food concentrates.
5. Alcohol.
6. preservatives.
7. Food colouring.
8. Halogen chemicals.
10. Lack of exercise.
11. Over eating.
13. Pesticides.
14. Fire retardants.
16. Herbicides.
17. Plastics.
20. Radiation.

That is a lot of things to watch out for!

That's what you avoid. List of requirements you need to avoid cancer.

1. Vitamins A to E
2. Fruit
3. Vegetables
4. Sea food
5. Nuts
6. Sunlight (3 hours per day)
7. Red or white meat.
8. Fibre
9. Fresh air
10. Exercise.
11. Iodine
12. Selenium.