Total Posts:12|Showing Posts:1-12
Jump to topic:

23 pairs of chromosomes

gavin.ogden
Posts: 1,729
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/31/2010 9:03:17 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
This is for all you creationists out there. If you have any interest in reality, get this. Most people know that humans have 46 chromosomes, and apes have 48. If we evolved from apes, how are we short a pair? The number 2 chromosome pair, at some point in history, fused with another pair. This has been proven by science, and is just one more nail in the coffin for those creationist theories. Any thoughts?
gavin.ogden
Posts: 1,729
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/31/2010 11:22:24 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 12/31/2010 9:24:02 AM, mongeese wrote:
Sources are rather important in asserting that something is proved by science.

So, are you denying that what I have said is correct? Also, even if I provide the source, would it make a difference to people who are dead set in their beliefs? Anyhow, I will include a source, but I fear it will have been for naught.

http://creation.com...
http://en.wikipedia.org...(human)

There is plenty more, if you wish.
popculturepooka
Posts: 7,924
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/31/2010 12:48:53 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 12/31/2010 9:03:17 AM, gavin.ogden wrote:
This is for all you creationists out there. If you have any interest in reality, get this. Most people know that humans have 46 chromosomes, and apes have 48. If we evolved from apes, how are we short a pair? The number 2 chromosome pair, at some point in history, fused with another pair. This has been proven by science, and is just one more nail in the coffin for those creationist theories. Any thoughts?

It seems every other post you make is about creationists nowadays.
At 10/3/2016 11:49:13 PM, thett3 wrote:
BLACK LIVES MATTER!
vardas0antras
Posts: 983
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/31/2010 12:54:45 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 12/31/2010 9:03:17 AM, gavin.ogden wrote:
This is for all you creationists out there. If you have any interest in reality, get this. Most people know that humans have 46 chromosomes, and apes have 48. If we evolved from apes, how are we short a pair? The number 2 chromosome pair, at some point in history, fused with another pair. This has been proven by science, and is just one more nail in the coffin for those creationist theories. Any thoughts?

Yes but this is also one more nail in the coffin for the evolution theory when one considers a different interpretations and presumptions. Then again how does evolution disprove creationism ?
"When he awoke in a tomb three days later he would actually have believed that he rose from the dead" FREEDO about the resurrection of Jesus Christ
gavin.ogden
Posts: 1,729
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/31/2010 12:57:33 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 12/31/2010 12:48:53 PM, popculturepooka wrote:
At 12/31/2010 9:03:17 AM, gavin.ogden wrote:
This is for all you creationists out there. If you have any interest in reality, get this. Most people know that humans have 46 chromosomes, and apes have 48. If we evolved from apes, how are we short a pair? The number 2 chromosome pair, at some point in history, fused with another pair. This has been proven by science, and is just one more nail in the coffin for those creationist theories. Any thoughts?

It seems every other post you make is about creationists nowadays.

I know, it's just something that's been on my mind lately.
popculturepooka
Posts: 7,924
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/31/2010 1:04:03 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 12/31/2010 12:54:45 PM, vardas0antras wrote:
At 12/31/2010 9:03:17 AM, gavin.ogden wrote:
This is for all you creationists out there. If you have any interest in reality, get this. Most people know that humans have 46 chromosomes, and apes have 48. If we evolved from apes, how are we short a pair? The number 2 chromosome pair, at some point in history, fused with another pair. This has been proven by science, and is just one more nail in the coffin for those creationist theories. Any thoughts?

Yes but this is also one more nail in the coffin for the evolution theory when one considers a different interpretations and presumptions. Then again how does evolution disprove creationism ?

It doesn't disprove creationism broadly construed (as the belief that God(s) created the world and what not) but it is certainly a difficulty for young earth creationism which is what I assume gavin is talking about.
At 10/3/2016 11:49:13 PM, thett3 wrote:
BLACK LIVES MATTER!
gavin.ogden
Posts: 1,729
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/31/2010 1:40:25 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 12/31/2010 1:04:03 PM, popculturepooka wrote:
At 12/31/2010 12:54:45 PM, vardas0antras wrote:
At 12/31/2010 9:03:17 AM, gavin.ogden wrote:
This is for all you creationists out there. If you have any interest in reality, get this. Most people know that humans have 46 chromosomes, and apes have 48. If we evolved from apes, how are we short a pair? The number 2 chromosome pair, at some point in history, fused with another pair. This has been proven by science, and is just one more nail in the coffin for those creationist theories. Any thoughts?

Yes but this is also one more nail in the coffin for the evolution theory when one considers a different interpretations and presumptions. Then again how does evolution disprove creationism ?

It doesn't disprove creationism broadly construed (as the belief that God(s) created the world and what not) but it is certainly a difficulty for young earth creationism which is what I assume gavin is talking about.

You assume correctly. While I believe evolution is absolutely undeniable, there are other theories that would fit right into evolution. Just not that one.
vardas0antras
Posts: 983
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/31/2010 3:51:22 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 12/31/2010 1:40:25 PM, gavin.ogden wrote:
At 12/31/2010 1:04:03 PM, popculturepooka wrote:
At 12/31/2010 12:54:45 PM, vardas0antras wrote:
At 12/31/2010 9:03:17 AM, gavin.ogden wrote:
This is for all you creationists out there. If you have any interest in reality, get this. Most people know that humans have 46 chromosomes, and apes have 48. If we evolved from apes, how are we short a pair? The number 2 chromosome pair, at some point in history, fused with another pair. This has been proven by science, and is just one more nail in the coffin for those creationist theories. Any thoughts?

Yes but this is also one more nail in the coffin for the evolution theory when one considers a different interpretations and presumptions. Then again how does evolution disprove creationism ?

It doesn't disprove creationism broadly construed (as the belief that God(s) created the world and what not) but it is certainly a difficulty for young earth creationism which is what I assume gavin is talking about.

You assume correctly. While I believe evolution is absolutely undeniable, there are other theories that would fit right into evolution. Just not that one.

I am sorry but I find this hilarious :D
"When he awoke in a tomb three days later he would actually have believed that he rose from the dead" FREEDO about the resurrection of Jesus Christ
Ren
Posts: 7,102
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/31/2010 3:55:55 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 12/31/2010 9:03:17 AM, gavin.ogden wrote:
This is for all you creationists out there. If you have any interest in reality, get this. Most people know that humans have 46 chromosomes, and apes have 48. If we evolved from apes, how are we short a pair? The number 2 chromosome pair, at some point in history, fused with another pair. This has been proven by science, and is just one more nail in the coffin for those creationist theories. Any thoughts?

- As I listened to this, I became open-mouthed, almost in disbelief, at the incredibly unscientific nature of his claim. Two pairs of human chromosomes had been found to be fused, he said, providing clear evidence of our shared ancestry with apes.3

- For someone who prides himself as a scientist and critical thinker, Miller's argument beggars belief. Even a child could see the fallacy of it. If, in Miller's view, it is reasonable to believe that the chromosomes became fused in a small population of half-ape/half-humans a few million years ago, why is it not reasonable to believe that this occurred in a small population of actual humans a few thousand years ago? This could have happened very early on in human history, soon after Adam and Eve were expelled from the Garden of Eden, or in a small, isolated group from which Noah and his family were drawn prior to the Flood.

This isn't to say that I'm a "Creationist" by any traditional sense of the word.

But, it is to say that I find Darwinists passe and staunch evolutionists just as fallacious.

8)
vardas0antras
Posts: 983
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/31/2010 4:06:10 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 12/31/2010 3:55:55 PM, Ren wrote:
At 12/31/2010 9:03:17 AM, gavin.ogden wrote:
This is for all you creationists out there. If you have any interest in reality, get this. Most people know that humans have 46 chromosomes, and apes have 48. If we evolved from apes, how are we short a pair? The number 2 chromosome pair, at some point in history, fused with another pair. This has been proven by science, and is just one more nail in the coffin for those creationist theories. Any thoughts?

- As I listened to this, I became open-mouthed, almost in disbelief, at the incredibly unscientific nature of his claim. Two pairs of human chromosomes had been found to be fused, he said, providing clear evidence of our shared ancestry with apes.3

- For someone who prides himself as a scientist and critical thinker, Miller's argument beggars belief. Even a child could see the fallacy of it. If, in Miller's view, it is reasonable to believe that the chromosomes became fused in a small population of half-ape/half-humans a few million years ago, why is it not reasonable to believe that this occurred in a small population of actual humans a few thousand years ago? This could have happened very early on in human history, soon after Adam and Eve were expelled from the Garden of Eden, or in a small, isolated group from which Noah and his family were drawn prior to the Flood.

This isn't to say that I'm a "Creationist" by any traditional sense of the word.

But, it is to say that I find Darwinists passe and staunch evolutionists just as fallacious.

8)

Correct or not, that does not matter because "Evolution vs Creation" is a waste of time though V0A enjoys laughing at their passionate, vane furious ad hominems.
"When he awoke in a tomb three days later he would actually have believed that he rose from the dead" FREEDO about the resurrection of Jesus Christ
mongeese
Posts: 5,387
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/31/2010 7:50:19 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 12/31/2010 11:22:24 AM, gavin.ogden wrote:
At 12/31/2010 9:24:02 AM, mongeese wrote:
Sources are rather important in asserting that something is proved by science.

So, are you denying that what I have said is correct?

Denying? No. But any scientific assertion ought to have a proper citation. Don't you champion science?

Also, even if I provide the source, would it make a difference to people who are dead set in their beliefs?

If that's true, then what's the point of the post itself? If you're going to post it, you might as well provide sources.

Anyhow, I will include a source, but I fear it will have been for naught.

http://creation.com...

So you chose a Creationism website that actually refuted the theory you support. Not the best choice of evidence. Your argument just lost all ability to be convincing.