Jump to topic:

Flossing of teeth does little good

Akhenaten
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2016 12:08:43 AM
Posted: 4 months ago
A recent 'science study' has found that flossing of teeth does little good. Well, waxing a car probably does little good too, but I would hate to see what a car looks like after a few years of not waxing. (disgusting!)

Yes! Medical geniuses! Flossing of teeth does little good to dentists who lose a lot of work because of this new trend. So we had better find or make up a study that proves that flossing does no good, then all dentists can start making some serious money again like in the good old days when tooth decay was more common. lol

http://www.telegraph.co.uk...
Jry2001
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2016 12:20:43 AM
At 8/9/2016 12:08:43 AM, Akhenaten wrote:
A recent 'science study' has found that flossing of teeth does little good. Well, waxing a car probably does little good too, but I would hate to see what a car looks like after a few years of not waxing. (disgusting!)

Yes! Medical geniuses! Flossing of teeth does little good to dentists who lose a lot of work because of this new trend. So we had better find or make up a study that proves that flossing does no good, then all dentists can start making some serious money again like in the good old days when tooth decay was more common. lol

Teeth decay because bacteria in your mouth ferment food particles stuck in it, creating an acidic environment.

So are you conceding that bacteria can cause ailments?
Akhenaten
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2016 1:33:21 AM
At 8/9/2016 12:20:43 AM, Jry2001 wrote:

Teeth decay because bacteria in your mouth ferment food particles stuck in it, creating an acidic environment.

Sugar causes acid to form. It has nothing to do with bacteria. The bacteria appear only to fix the chemical imbalance.
Joey888
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2016 2:48:08 AM
At 8/9/2016 1:33:21 AM, Akhenaten wrote:

Sugar causes acid to form. It has nothing to do with bacteria. The bacteria appear only to fix the chemical imbalance.

Why would you not floss? Would you rather have no food particles in between your teeth or have food particles between your teeth that could cause some unhealthy looking teeth?
Joseph
bigotry
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/10/2016 7:17:22 AM
Posted: 3 months ago
At 8/9/2016 1:33:21 AM, Akhenaten wrote:

I don't know about the sugar causing acid to form but I do know that bacteria contribute in that their excrement's are acidic. So as they eat, they leave behind acid excrement.