Jump to topic:

What is the point of having sex organs?

Foodiesoul
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2016 7:04:07 PM
Posted: 3 months ago
This is just a question that came to my mind. Honestly, what's the point of having sex organs?

What's the point of a man having a penis that's just going to be erect whenever it wants to? That's not fair! NO ONE wants to have involuntary erections! I hate having involuntary erections! It makes me feel violated, like I'm being abused! It makes me feel suicidal.

What's the point of a woman having a vagina that's going to leak blood once a month and that's going to be erect at inappropriate times? YES, women get erections too, not just men! LOOK IT UP!

Why did God or Nature or Evolution or whatever sadistic presence give organisms sex organs when not all organisms want to have sex? Tons of you will probably say to make sure that the human race or the bear race or etc doesn't go extinct but that still doesn't change the fact that not everyone wants to mate or reproduce or have sex or whatever you call it!

I honestly don't see the point in sex organs besides them just creating new offspring and having sex. Other than that, they don't really have any importance, in my opinion.

So what exactly is the point of organisms having sex organs BESIDES just being able to reproduce and produce new offspring? They don't have any other purpose besides just having sex!

And besides, all sex is is just f**king, groaning, and cumming and that's pretty much it! There are better things to care about than sex.

Plus, not every man and woman and other gender wants to have sex so they might feel like their sex organs are just unnecessary!

We can live without sex organs so why did nature give us stupid, disgusting sex organs anyway that just give us problems?

Nature is so unfair!
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2016 9:56:09 PM
At 8/14/2016 7:04:07 PM, Foodiesoul wrote:
This is just a question that came to my mind. Honestly, what's the point of having sex organs?

What's the point of a man having a penis that's just going to be erect whenever it wants to? That's not fair! NO ONE wants to have involuntary erections! I hate having involuntary erections! It makes me feel violated, like I'm being abused! It makes me feel suicidal.

What's the point of a woman having a vagina that's going to leak blood once a month and that's going to be erect at inappropriate times? YES, women get erections too, not just men! LOOK IT UP!

Why did God or Nature or Evolution or whatever sadistic presence give organisms sex organs when not all organisms want to have sex? Tons of you will probably say to make sure that the human race or the bear race or etc doesn't go extinct but that still doesn't change the fact that not everyone wants to mate or reproduce or have sex or whatever you call it!

I honestly don't see the point in sex organs besides them just creating new offspring and having sex. Other than that, they don't really have any importance, in my opinion.

So what exactly is the point of organisms having sex organs BESIDES just being able to reproduce and produce new offspring? They don't have any other purpose besides just having sex!

And besides, all sex is is just f**king, groaning, and cumming and that's pretty much it! There are better things to care about than sex.

Plus, not every man and woman and other gender wants to have sex so they might feel like their sex organs are just unnecessary!

We can live without sex organs so why did nature give us stupid, disgusting sex organs anyway that just give us problems?

Nature is so unfair!

One may as well ask what is the point of eyes. All they do is let you see things, they don't do anything else. I mean what is the point of having eyes.
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
RuvDraba
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/15/2016 1:40:20 AM

Viviparous ('live') births have reproductive benefits for certain species, including mammals. They protect offspring from parasites and disease, allow longer gestation and more complex, often smarter forms.

But impregnation for viviparous births is complicated, Foodie, with elaborate plumbing and complex, inconvenient behaviours. However, without having been born live, you might not now be smart enough to complain about it. :)
gdirulez
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/15/2016 2:50:56 AM
I'd say we have sex organs because it is less prone to making a mistake(as in not getting sex organs yet you did want them), how would god or evolution know before you were born whether you even wanted sex organs or not? easiest solution would be to simply give them to everyone, at least that's how I think about it.
KthulhuHimself
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/15/2016 12:45:19 PM

Nature is so unfair!

There are two ways we can tackle this situation; the first is considered felony in twenty-six out of every fourteen countries, and the other involves more bran-flakes than any 60-year-old consumer is comfortable admitting; so make your pick.
Looncall
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/15/2016 2:34:00 PM

Nature is so unfair!

You have hold of the wrong end of the stick. In evolution, things just happen. If they are consistent with survival, they persist.

"Point" and "fairness" are irrelevant notions here.

"Nature" is not a person, "gives" nothing, and can be be neither fair or unfair. Such ideas are just ancient errors of thinking.
The metaphysicist has no laboratory.
Foodiesoul
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/15/2016 11:04:47 PM
At 8/14/2016 9:56:09 PM, sadolite wrote:

Nature is so unfair!

One may as well ask what is the point of eyes. All they do is let you see things, they don't do anything else. I mean what is the point of having eyes.

But eyes are more useful than sex organs because they help you see things, which is good because then you're aware of your environment.

Sex organs are useless and all they do is allow you to have sex but not everybody wants to have sex. Sex organs are just "there" and they're attached to your body for no real reason other than just sex and unnecessary suffering.

Eyes actually serve a useful purpose.

We can all live without sex organs so why did stupid nature give us sex organs in the first place? That's basically what I'm asking.
Foodiesoul
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/15/2016 11:05:42 PM
At 8/15/2016 12:45:19 PM, KthulhuHimself wrote:

Nature is so unfair!

There are two ways we can tackle this situation; the first is considered felony in twenty-six out of every fourteen countries, and the other involves more bran-flakes than any 60-year-old consumer is comfortable admitting; so make your pick.

I have absolutely no idea what you're talking about.

Please! Can you try to be a little more specific? Thanks.
KthulhuHimself
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/16/2016 11:20:37 AM
At 8/15/2016 11:05:42 PM, Foodiesoul wrote:
At 8/15/2016 12:45:19 PM, KthulhuHimself wrote:

Nature is so unfair!

I have absolutely no idea what you're talking about.

Please! Can you try to be a little more specific? Thanks.

I'd rather not tell; Gabriel Newell of the high council looks down upon such revelations of century-old secrets, alongside the illumi-HL3-nati, which still remains hidden.
matt8800
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/16/2016 7:08:59 PM

If you don't toughen up for your own sake, you are going to have a rough life. Judging by your posts, you are probably the whiniest male I have ever encountered.

If a boner makes you want to die, what are you going to do when life actually gets tough? Man up!!
matt8800
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/16/2016 7:16:31 PM
BTW, I'm saying that for your benefit and hope you take that advice.

Your life is like a movie that you only get to watch once. If you are going to be the hero of the story, you are going to have to live like a hero.

Weakness is not a virtue nor does anybody admire it.
Foodiesoul
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/17/2016 3:51:29 AM
At 8/16/2016 7:08:59 PM, matt8800 wrote:

If you don't toughen up for your own sake, you are going to have a rough life. Judging by your posts, you are probably the whiniest male I have ever encountered.

If a boner makes you want to die, what are you going to do when life actually gets tough? Man up!!

Seriously?! How sexist can you be?

Man up is such a sexist phrase! You must be one of those stupid sexists who thinks that all men should be tough! I am not going to be tough!

And yes, having an erection makes me want to die because it's embarrassing and it makes me feel disgusted with my own body!

Leave me alone!
matt8800
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/17/2016 3:53:27 AM
At 8/17/2016 3:51:29 AM, Foodiesoul wrote:

Man up is such a sexist phrase! You must be one of those stupid sexists who thinks that all men should be tough! I am not going to be tough!

And yes, having an erection makes me want to die because it's embarrassing and it makes me feel disgusted with my own body!

Leave me alone!

If you are not already seeing a therapist, I suggest you do so.
Chloe8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2016 12:25:31 AM

Nature is so unfair!

The purpose of sex organs is reproduction. How we evolved to reproduce in such a way I have no idea. Obviously it was something that worked well in larger slower growing, longer lived creatures. The advantages of a bigger and more varied genetic pool must have offered a significant advantage over asexual reproduction most likely allowing greater resistance to disease and ill health as well as the potential for the creature to adapt to its environment at a faster rate allowing creatures that suited an environment to reproduce successfully and pass on their genetics while weaker less suitable creatures died, failed to reproduce and did not pass on their genetics.
"I don't need experience.to knock you out. I'm a man. that's all I need to beat you and any woman."

Fatihah, in his delusion that he could knock out any woman while bragging about being able to knock me out. An example of 7th century Islamic thinking inspired by his hero the paedophile Muhammad.
Chloe8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2016 12:29:38 AM
At 8/17/2016 3:53:27 AM, matt8800 wrote:

Leave me alone!

Maybe he is a 13 year old kid? I would not be surprised judging from his posts. Cut him some slack.
"I don't need experience.to knock you out. I'm a man. that's all I need to beat you and any woman."

Fatihah, in his delusion that he could knock out any woman while bragging about being able to knock me out. An example of 7th century Islamic thinking inspired by his hero the paedophile Muhammad.
bigotry
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2016 1:14:37 AM

Leave me alone!
This cant be a serious post after reading this haha
janesix
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/20/2016 12:35:24 AM

What's the point of a woman having a vagina that'Os going to leak blood once a month and that's going to be erect at inappropriate times? YES, women get erections too, not just men! LOOK IT UP!

Nature is so unfair!

It is also useful for urination.
Foodiesoul
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/20/2016 4:00:55 AM
At 8/19/2016 1:14:37 AM, bigotry wrote:

Leave me alone!
This cant be a serious post after reading this haha

So rude.

I don't have time for stupid BS and immaturity!
Foodiesoul
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/20/2016 8:53:32 PM
At 8/19/2016 12:29:38 AM, Chloe8 wrote:
At 8/17/2016 3:53:27 AM, matt8800 wrote:

Leave me alone!

Maybe he is a 13 year old kid? I would not be surprised judging from his posts. Cut him some slack.

I'm not 13 years old but thanks for trying to understand my pain.
bamiller43
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/21/2016 7:21:13 AM

Having a spontaneous erection doesn't mean you're actually sexually aroused. It might just mean you're relaxed. Or if you're where you and I are in life, (~13-20, pre-pubescent to adolescence) you might just be hormonal. It's completely natural. You're body isn't abusing you, and nothing is wrong with you. But if it really does make you feel suicidal, i recommend consulting a professional, or at least calling the national suicide prevention lifeline at 1-800-273-8255.

We know why the menstrual cycle happens, but i'm not certain that we know it's purpose. If anyone would like to fill us in on that, feel free.

Evolution does not care about the wants of the individual. Only the survival of the species matters. If the individual doesn't want to reproduce, it's genes simply won't be passed on.

No, they really don't. Reproduction is LITERALLY the only purpose of sex organs. Why else would they call them sex organs? Or the reproductive system?

For animals, this may be true in some cases. But for us, sex is (or should be) much more. Many times there is an emotional aspect to sex. The feeling of oneness with another being. It's the closest we will ever come to proving that something other than our own consciousness exists. Sexual intercourse is incredibly important not only for the survival of the human race, but also for the well being and mental stability of the individual.

I'm not certain i've ever heard of someone who feels this way.

WE the individual organism can live without sex organs, yes. But if we stopped having sex organs, our species would die out. That is the purpose of the evolution of sex organs. And by the way, sex organs are not disgusting at all. I mean, yeah, penises look weird, but other than that they're simply another part of our bodies. They're no more disgusting than our eyes and ears. But our sexual education has been so repressed and diminished that unfortunately, people actually hold the opinion that sexual intercourse is anything less than beautiful, and they believe they are unnatural or wrong for wanting sex. This is simply wrong. Sex is the process of life in it's most pure form, or at least the potential for it.

Nature is so unfair!

For what? Giving you the ability to leave your mark on the world by helping to raise the next generation? I'm not saying you have to have kids to leave a mark on the world, but it is certainly the easiest way. Regardless, yes, nature is unfair. It's a cruel b*tch who rewards the ruthless and penalizes good and innocent people. But it doesn't do so maliciously. It just does so. That which is unjust or unfair is solely based on our opinions. It's subjective. Nature doesn't care when a species goes extinct, or when grandma gets cancer even though she's a good person. So does this mean life is meaningless and hopeless? No. Life's meaning is the one YOU give it. Bad things and good things happen that are far out of our control and may seem unfair. What we have to do is react to those things in a way that attempts to make life more fair, as well as better for ourselves and others.
Vox_Veritas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/21/2016 7:39:12 PM

Nature is so unfair!

Learn the cause of your involuntary erections and then fix the problem.
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid
missbailey8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/21/2016 7:54:50 PM
At 8/15/2016 11:04:47 PM, Foodiesoul wrote:
At 8/14/2016 9:56:09 PM, sadolite wrote:

Nature is so unfair!

But eyes are more useful than sex organs because they help you see things, which is good because then you're aware of your environment.

Sex organs are useless and all they do is allow you to have sex but not everybody wants to have sex. Sex organs are just "there" and they're attached to your body for no real reason other than just sex and unnecessary suffering.

Eyes actually serve a useful purpose.

We can all live without sex organs so why did stupid nature give us sex organs in the first place? That's basically what I'm asking.
Let's just say that everyone in the world was blind. Many blind people make their existence doable, despite having more challenges. However, if everyone in the world had no sex organs, the human race would go extinct because we wouldn't be able to repopulate.
~missbailey8~

Me: What is the weirdest thing I have ever done?
Solon: Agreeing to date me.

Skep: Bailey, you have sardonic written all over your face.
Annie: She has gorgeous written all over her face!

"[M]en are weak. All of us are weak."
-Fatihah

If you ever just want someone to vent, rant, or discuss anything troubling you, my PMs are always open. Have a fabulous day!

The Clown Queen of DDO
missbailey8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/21/2016 8:17:13 PM

The purpose of a penis is to forward the human species through reproduction.

As for you, you shouldn't have to worry about involuntary erections. They're completely normal and natural. If you want more information about the subject or you're still worried about it, you should talk to a doctor.

Believe it or not, the purpose of the vagina is the exact same as the purpose of the penis.

And now for a quick lesson on the menstrual cycle. Period blood is the result of the lining of the womb shedding after ovulation, assuming that you don't pregnant in the time of ovulation.

Just because sexual organs don't serve many purposes doesn't mean that they're not important. For example, why do we have ears? They only serve one purpose, which is to hear. However, they're still very important. It's not about the quantity of uses, but the quality of them.

Sex is more than the physical pleasure derived from the activity. Sex can create an emotional bond and is much more than just "f*cking, groaning, and c*mming". If there wasn't that emotional side, there wouldn't be a reason to have sex besides reproduction.

"Whenever a person is sexually involved with another person, neurochemical changes occur in both their brains that encourage limbic, emotional bonding. Yet limbic bonding is the reason casual sex doesn"t really work for most people on a whole mind and body level. Two people may decide to have sex "just for the fun of it," yet something is occurring on another level they might not have decided on at all: sex is enhancing an emotional bond between them whether they want it or not. One person, often the woman, is bound to form an attachment and will be hurt when a casual affair ends. One reason it is usually the women who is hurt most is that the female limbic system is larger than the male"s."
https://bryanasands.wordpress.com...

That doesn't change the fact that sexual organs are needed for the rest of humanity. Like I said before countless times, sex organs are necessary for reproduction.

Technically, we can live without them, but we wouldn't be able to continue the human species.

Nature is so unfair!
There's nothing you can do to change that.
~missbailey8~

Me: What is the weirdest thing I have ever done?
Solon: Agreeing to date me.

Skep: Bailey, you have sardonic written all over your face.
Annie: She has gorgeous written all over her face!

"[M]en are weak. All of us are weak."
-Fatihah

If you ever just want someone to vent, rant, or discuss anything troubling you, my PMs are always open. Have a fabulous day!

The Clown Queen of DDO