Jump to topic:

Has there always been something?

rcreynolds
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2016 3:35:26 PM
Posted: 3 months ago
This is a question I heard while listening to a video of physicists being interviewed about quantum mechanics.

To me, this is a question that can't be answered so why attempt to answer it. By giving an answer to this question without knowing the answer, are you considered a liar?
keithprosser
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2016 6:08:10 PM
AFAIK, the question is unanswerable today. I am not sure if it will NEVER have an answer. I think the only honest answer is 'I don't know'.

I'm not a complete sceptic - I do think that somethings are known, but in the case of the question asked in the OP, I don't think it is possible - it is certainly unwise - to say it definitely yea or nay at this time. I have no idea if we will know in 5, 10 or 500 years.
Akhenaten
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/28/2016 12:44:23 AM
You don't have to wait any longer. The answer is YES, there always has been something. This is because logic dictates that you can't make a something out of a nothing. Any more questions?
rcreynolds
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/28/2016 7:50:36 AM
At 8/27/2016 6:08:10 PM, keithprosser wrote:
AFAIK, the question is unanswerable today. I am not sure if it will NEVER have an answer. I think the only honest answer is 'I don't know'.

I'm not a complete sceptic - I do think that somethings are known, but in the case of the question asked in the OP, I don't think it is possible - it is certainly unwise - to say it definitely yea or nay at this time. I have no idea if we will know in 5, 10 or 500 years. : :

That's a good honest answer. It's too bad scientists can't say, " I don't know". Instead, they have to make a living with their answers so they are forced to lie.
rcreynolds
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/28/2016 7:57:17 AM
At 8/28/2016 12:44:23 AM, Akhenaten wrote:
You don't have to wait any longer. The answer is YES, there always has been something. This is because logic dictates that you can't make a something out of a nothing. Any more questions? : :

It's logical according to human beings who have no way of knowing how they came into being. It's not even known by us who know exactly how human beings came into being.

If I were to say I know for sure that there has always been something, it would make me a liar because I simply have never been told anything else within my mind. I can believe that there has always been something but that belief might not be true.
Akhenaten
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/28/2016 9:29:16 AM
At 8/28/2016 7:57:17 AM, rcreynolds wrote:
You don't have to wait any longer. The answer is YES, there always has been something. This is because logic dictates that you can't make a something out of a nothing. Any more questions? : :

It's logical according to human beings who have no way of knowing how they came into being. It's not even known by us who know exactly how human beings came into being.

If I were to say I know for sure that there has always been something, it would make me a liar because I simply have never been told anything else within my mind. I can believe that there has always been something but that belief might not be true.

The problem is that you are waiting for someone to tell you that there has always been a something or not. Why don't you just figure it out for yourself, instead of waiting for someone to make up your mind on your behalf?
KthulhuHimself
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/28/2016 9:47:39 AM
At 8/27/2016 3:35:26 PM, rcreynolds wrote:
This is a question I heard while listening to a video of physicists being interviewed about quantum mechanics.

To me, this is a question that can't be answered so why attempt to answer it. By giving an answer to this question without knowing the answer, are you considered a liar?

I would say quite simply, yes; at every given point in time, there was a set amount on energy in the universe. Of course, there was no "before" the big bang; so there was no point in time preceding it that could possibly concern us.
rcreynolds
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/28/2016 10:14:04 AM
At 8/28/2016 9:29:16 AM, Akhenaten wrote:
At 8/28/2016 7:57:17 AM, rcreynolds wrote:

The problem is that you are waiting for someone to tell you that there has always been a something or not. Why don't you just figure it out for yourself, instead of waiting for someone to make up your mind on your behalf? : :

I don't have the need to know what came before something.
rcreynolds
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/28/2016 10:19:56 AM
At 8/28/2016 9:47:39 AM, KthulhuHimself wrote:

I would say quite simply, yes; at every given point in time, there was a set amount on energy in the universe. Of course, there was no "before" the big bang; so there was no point in time preceding it that could possibly concern us. : :

Because of the Big Bang theory, this question " has there always been something?" has entered the minds of a few physicists who are now beginning to believe an intelligent designer was responsible for our life experiences.
Looncall
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/28/2016 11:43:56 AM
At 8/28/2016 10:19:56 AM, rcreynolds wrote:

I would say quite simply, yes; at every given point in time, there was a set amount on energy in the universe. Of course, there was no "before" the big bang; so there was no point in time preceding it that could possibly concern us. : :

Because of the Big Bang theory, this question " has there always been something?" has entered the minds of a few physicists who are now beginning to believe an intelligent designer was responsible for our life experiences.

Please name some of these physicists.
The metaphysicist has no laboratory.
rcreynolds
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/28/2016 1:05:06 PM
At 8/28/2016 11:43:56 AM, Looncall wrote:

Please name some of these physicists. : :

I don't remember their names and it's not important anyway. They don't have any proof of what they think they understand.
Akhenaten
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/28/2016 2:29:57 PM
At 8/28/2016 10:14:04 AM, rcreynolds wrote:

Yes, that would be the easy way out of the problem. Let's just pretend that there is no problem and maybe the problem will just disappear or go away, then we wont have to worry about it any more. lol
Akhenaten
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/28/2016 2:34:49 PM

I would say quite simply, yes; at every given point in time, there was a set amount on energy in the universe. Of course, there was no "before" the big bang; so there was no point in time preceding it that could possibly concern us.

Time has no beginning or no end. Thus, saying that time began or finished is an illogical statement. The ethons spin at the speed of light. Thus, the universe is energy rich and never rests. 4% of ethons don't spin which creates matter and black holes.
rcreynolds
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/28/2016 2:51:27 PM
At 8/28/2016 2:29:57 PM, Akhenaten wrote:
At 8/28/2016 10:14:04 AM, rcreynolds wrote:

Yes, that would be the easy way out of the problem. Let's just pretend that there is no problem and maybe the problem will just disappear or go away, then we wont have to worry about it any more. lol : :

It's not a problem to me. I just made a thread with this question that physicists have pondered on. You can make it a problem if you want to.
rcreynolds
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/28/2016 2:52:56 PM
At 8/28/2016 2:34:49 PM, Akhenaten wrote:

Time has no beginning or no end. Thus, saying that time began or finished is an illogical statement. The ethons spin at the speed of light. Thus, the universe is energy rich and never rests. 4% of ethons don't spin which creates matter and black holes. : :

What is time if there's no beginning or end? If there is no beginning, then when did time start?
Akhenaten
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/28/2016 3:19:24 PM
At 8/28/2016 2:51:27 PM, rcreynolds wrote:

It's not a problem to me. I just made a thread with this question that physicists have pondered on. You can make it a problem if you want to.

I have no problem with that. lol
I always post stuff that I am not really interested in too. lol koo koo!!!!!!!
DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/28/2016 3:38:42 PM

To me, this is a question that can't be answered so why attempt to answer it.

Because, maybe there is an answer and most likely, there is.

By giving an answer to this question without knowing the answer, are you considered a liar?

Maybe, but that's why we have the Scientific Method, to create hypotheses and test them.
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
KthulhuHimself
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/28/2016 4:34:45 PM

Those people are silly; because there was no time before the big bang, every point in time has the same amount of energy in it.
sam_white
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/28/2016 4:35:09 PM
At 8/28/2016 3:38:42 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:

By giving an answer to this question without knowing the answer, are you considered a liar?

Maybe, but that's why we have the Scientific Method, to create hypotheses and test them. : :

I remember when I was young and astrophysicists were telling us that the universe was 300 million years old according to their calculations. I believe they were lying when they said that.
KthulhuHimself
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/28/2016 4:37:23 PM
At 8/28/2016 2:34:49 PM, Akhenaten wrote:

Time has no beginning or no end.
It has no end, yes; but time had a beginning. Time, in a way, is nothing more than a parameter; like time and space. Saying that time had no beginning is like saying that integers have no beginning.

Besides, you have presented no evidence for your silly claim.
Thus, saying that time began or finished is an illogical statement. The ethons spin at the speed of light. Thus, the universe is energy rich and never rests. 4% of ethons don't spin which creates matter and black holes.

Ethons don't exist.
DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/28/2016 4:56:24 PM
At 8/28/2016 4:35:09 PM, sam_white wrote:

Maybe, but that's why we have the Scientific Method, to create hypotheses and test them. : :

I remember when I was young and astrophysicists were telling us that the universe was 300 million years old according to their calculations. I believe they were lying when they said that.

It was a hypothesis that required testing just as the current date is a hypothesis to be tested.
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
sam_white
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/28/2016 4:58:43 PM
At 8/28/2016 4:56:24 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:

It was a hypothesis that required testing just as the current date is a hypothesis to be tested. : :

That's why I don't trust scientists with the truth. They're always changing their minds.
DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/28/2016 5:04:40 PM
At 8/28/2016 4:58:43 PM, sam_white wrote:

It was a hypothesis that required testing just as the current date is a hypothesis to be tested. : :

That's why I don't trust scientists with the truth. They're always changing their minds.

Or, they discover new information that either supports or falsifies their hypotheses. No one is asking you to believe everything they say, Brad. It's up to the intelligent mind to distinguish this.
sam_white
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/28/2016 5:07:21 PM
At 8/28/2016 5:04:40 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 8/28/2016 4:58:43 PM, sam_white wrote:

Or, they discover new information that either supports or falsifies their hypotheses. No one is asking you to believe everything they say, Brad. It's up to the intelligent mind to distinguish this. : :

I love science my friend. Without it, it would have been impossible for our Creator to reveal to me how he was able to speak his thoughts into computing technology to create virtual worlds for his created characters to explore.

I have way more knowledge than any scientist has ever known to explain how we're created. No scientist can explain it better than me.
Evidence
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/28/2016 6:35:14 PM

To me, this is a question that can't be answered so why attempt to answer it. By giving an answer to this question without knowing the answer, are you considered a liar? :

OP-Has there always been something?

No.

Every-"thing" had a beginning, it was created by Infinite. So obviously Infinite is a conscious Mind who can create, and every "thing" He creates is finite which has a beginning.

Infinite is not a thing, there are no sides, or 'things" that make up Infinite (like a ladder, or numbers that goes on within infinity is NOT Infinite. They are finite that just keeps on going)

Infinite is also Eternal of course, so if the Creator wants to make something stretch out, this can go on throughout Eternity. This does not mean that this "thing" now is either Infinite, or Eternal.

So to hide the truth, religious men (those who create god/gods for their own for personal gain) have created lies, like that something "finite" can become Infinite.
Also they reduced mans Infinite mind to a 3lb. brain, all to hide the Creator from man.
There are a thousand hacking at the branches of evil
to one who is striking at the root. - Henry David Thoreau
Akhenaten
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/28/2016 11:09:21 PM
At 8/28/2016 4:37:23 PM, KthulhuHimself wrote:

Time has no beginning or no end.
It has no end, yes; but time had a beginning. Time, in a way, is nothing more than a parameter; like time and space. Saying that time had no beginning is like saying that integers have no beginning.

You have made the same mistake as many physicists. You have assumed that time is a spacial vector which can be measured. Note - You can't mix up time with mathematics in this way. You can measure time in terms of spin and rotation, but not in terms of a mathematical vector.

Besides, you have presented no evidence for your silly claim.
Thus, saying that time began or finished is an illogical statement. The ethons spin at the speed of light. Thus, the universe is energy rich and never rests. 4% of ethons don't spin which creates matter and black holes.

Ethons don't exist.

http://www.etherealmechanics.info...
sam_white
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/29/2016 7:24:40 AM
At 8/28/2016 6:35:14 PM, Evidence wrote:

To me, this is a question that can't be answered so why attempt to answer it. By giving an answer to this question without knowing the answer, are you considered a liar? :

No.

Every-"thing" had a beginning, it was created by Infinite. So obviously Infinite is a conscious Mind who can create, and every "thing" He creates is finite which has a beginning.

Infinite is not a thing, there are no sides, or 'things" that make up Infinite (like a ladder, or numbers that goes on within infinity is NOT Infinite. They are finite that just keeps on going)

Infinite is also Eternal of course, so if the Creator wants to make something stretch out, this can go on throughout Eternity. This does not mean that this "thing" now is either Infinite, or Eternal.

So to hide the truth, religious men (those who create god/gods for their own for personal gain) have created lies, like that something "finite" can become Infinite.
Also they reduced mans Infinite mind to a 3lb. brain, all to hide the Creator from man. : :

So far, one member has said "YES" to my question. Now you're saying "NO" to my question. Which one of you is the liar or are both of you liars?
Akhenaten
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2016 12:22:26 AM
At 8/29/2016 7:24:40 AM, sam_white wrote:
At 8/28/2016 6:35:14 PM, Evidence wrote:

No.

Also they reduced mans Infinite mind to a 3lb. brain, all to hide the Creator from man. : :

So far, one member has said "YES" to my question. Now you're saying "NO" to my question. Which one of you is the liar or are both of you liars?

All religious people are congenital liars, thus, I think we know the answer to that question!