Jump to topic:

Sun's size and path makes no sense on a flat

Inti
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/29/2016 2:26:16 PM
Posted: 3 months ago
If the sun is circling over the disk earth, we should see it appear tiny and close to the horizon when it is further away, and very much larger and high in the sky when it is close. It's path should be an ellipse, not a crude, and it should not look be measurably the same width at its furs test distance as when it is overhead.

Oh, and it can never set below the horizon, since it is always above the plane of the disk, according to flat earthers. How high above the disk? FE claims vary, but most say about 3000 miles. Now the earth disk couldn't be wider than about 25000 miles unless there is a lot of surface unaccounted for. 3000 miles up and 25000 miles horizontally wouldn't place it very low in the sky, would it? Let alone allow it to vanish so that it's light is hidden.

If you can't visualise this have a look at the first video on the page

https://www.metabunk.org...
Edlvsjd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/29/2016 7:15:47 PM
At 8/29/2016 2:26:16 PM, Inti wrote:
If the sun is circling over the disk earth, we should see it appear tiny and close to the horizon when it is further away, and very much larger and high in the sky when it is close. It's path should be an ellipse, not a crude, and it should not look be measurably the same width at its furs test distance as when it is overhead.

Oh, and it can never set below the horizon, since it is always above the plane of the disk, according to flat earthers. How high above the disk? FE claims vary, but most say about 3000 miles. Now the earth disk couldn't be wider than about 25000 miles unless there is a lot of surface unaccounted for. 3000 miles up and 25000 miles horizontally wouldn't place it very low in the sky, would it? Let alone allow it to vanish so that it's light is hidden.

the vanishing point and perspective creates the illusion of a sun set, there's no need to make three different forums discussing something that is already present in a forum please join our conversation if you have any questions
It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. Aristotle
Read more at: https://www.brainyquote.com...
Inti
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2016 11:00:19 AM
At 8/29/2016 7:15:47 PM, Edlvsjd wrote:

the vanishing point and perspective creates the illusion of a sun set, there's no need to make three different forums discussing something that is already present in a forum please join our conversation if you have any questions

Perspective means the way that objects further away appear smaller, because the angle between any two points is smaller than when they are close. The vanishing point is simply a term in art and drawing, helping artists to draw in perspective by tracing that effect. It doesn't cause anything to get smaller, it just helps us to draw it. Neither explain the setting sun in the slightest.

Flat Earth believers often use these words in a meaningless way, so that they appear to be answering, but in a way that makes them meaningless.

Regardless of perspective, there is no way that we could see a normal sunset in a disk earth.

First, there must always be a straight line between my eye and the sun, with no part of the earth coming between them. After all, FE believers say the sun is always circling over the disk; it never dips below.

So how is it that we can clearly see the sun being obscured by the earth from the bottom of the sun"s disk upwards, and often see its light illuminating dust and clouds in the atmosphere from below the curved horizon, even after it has been hidden from direct view?

And again, if the sun is circling away from us and back towards us, why does its measurable width never change? At dawn and dusk, in the flat earth model, it must be thousands of miles further away, a sizeable proportion of its total distance. Yet this doesn"t happen. We have been measuring the diameter of the sun"s disk for centuries, and we clearly see that it does not change through the day.

Now, if you think you can explain this, in detail, please do. Maybe you could draw some diagrams and post them on line, with links here. But just misusing empty words won"t do. You have to explain, step by step, how these phenomena could possibly be observed, when they make no sense in terms of simple geometry

Then have a go at my other questions about star angles and wrong distances in the southern hemisphere.
YUO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2016 11:48:57 AM

the vanishing point and perspective creates the illusion of a sun set, there's no need to make three different forums discussing something that is already present in a forum please join our conversation if you have any questions : :

Ssshhhh !!! You should be quite while he's having a conversation with himself.
Edlvsjd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2016 12:31:52 PM
At 8/30/2016 11:48:57 AM, YUO wrote:

the vanishing point and perspective creates the illusion of a sun set, there's no need to make three different forums discussing something that is already present in a forum please join our conversation if you have any questions : :

Quite right I've already explained this in full detail in the other Forum I don't think I want to go through it again you're welcome to read it the Forum post under science called ask a flat earther
It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. Aristotle
YUO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2016 1:01:22 PM
At 8/30/2016 12:31:52 PM, Edlvsjd wrote:

Quite right I've already explained this in full detail in the other Forum I don't think I want to go through it again you're welcome to read it the Forum post under science called ask a flat earther : :

I have learned from my time in the world that you can't change anyone but it is humorous to see someone carrying on a conversation with himself.
DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2016 1:43:46 PM

Quite right I've already explained this in full detail in the other Forum I don't think I want to go through it again you're welcome to read it the Forum post under science called ask a flat earther

You have never once offered a detailed explanation to any of your claims. Obviously, you can't explain this in detail.
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
Edlvsjd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2016 2:27:36 PM
At 8/30/2016 1:01:22 PM, YUO wrote:

Quite right I've already explained this in full detail in the other Forum I don't think I want to go through it again you're welcome to read it the Forum post under science called ask a flat earther : :

I have learned from my time in the world that you can't change anyone but it is humorous to see someone carrying on a conversation with himself.

Prime example of that on the post between us
YUO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2016 2:48:06 PM
At 8/30/2016 2:27:36 PM, Edlvsjd wrote:
At 8/30/2016 1:01:22 PM, YUO wrote:

Prime example of that on the post between us : :

If we all agree with each other, then it would have been impossible for God to connect to his chosen ones.
Inti
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/1/2016 10:12:05 AM

Unfortunately, it is buried under many different topics there, and hard to find. There are 9 screens full of repetitive quotes at present, I I can't see your answer. Why not stick to one specific topic, in one thread. That way, we can focus on one issue at a time and not slide form topic to topic..

So why not cut and paste your reply here?
Axonly
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/1/2016 11:01:07 AM
At 9/1/2016 10:12:05 AM, Inti wrote:

Unfortunately, it is buried under many different topics there, and hard to find. There are 9 screens full of repetitive quotes at present, I I can't see your answer. Why not stick to one specific topic, in one thread. That way, we can focus on one issue at a time and not slide form topic to topic..

Who are you?
Meh!
Edlvsjd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/1/2016 12:26:21 PM
At 9/1/2016 11:01:07 AM, Axonly wrote:

Who are you?

page 4
Edlvsjd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/1/2016 12:27:02 PM

page 4
Axonly
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/1/2016 12:34:36 PM
At 9/1/2016 12:26:21 PM, Edlvsjd wrote:

Who are you?

page 4

Wasn't talking to you. I also don't intend to help you bump your thread (Yes yes, you get it continously bumped so it is always on the front page on the Sci forum)
Meh!
Edlvsjd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/1/2016 12:51:35 PM
At 9/1/2016 12:34:36 PM, Axonly wrote:

Who are you?

page 4

Wasn't talking to you. I also don't intend to help you bump your thread (Yes yes, you get it continously bumped so it is always on the front page on the Sci forum)

Ya, not my fault, im sure you've got a perfectly good reason to think you're a monkey on a spinning ball
DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/1/2016 2:38:15 PM
At 9/1/2016 12:51:35 PM, Edlvsjd wrote:

Who are you?

page 4

Ya, not my fault, im sure you've got a perfectly good reason to think you're a monkey on a spinning ball

Actually, we're humans living on a large spherical object, the same shape as every other large object in the universe.

Can we also conclude you're a theist who believes evolution is faked?
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Edlvsjd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/1/2016 5:56:50 PM
At 9/1/2016 2:38:15 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:

Who are you?

page 4

Actually, we're humans living on a large spherical object, the same shape as every other large object in the universe.

yes
Edlvsjd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/1/2016 6:04:09 PM
At 9/1/2016 5:56:50 PM, Edlvsjd wrote:

Who are you?

page 4

yes

Can you also conclude that you think your great-great grandmother came out of a monkey's a$$? And that a ball is also a spherical object and that it is also spinning?
DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/1/2016 6:55:14 PM
At 9/1/2016 6:04:09 PM, Edlvsjd wrote:
At 9/1/2016 5:56:50 PM, Edlvsjd wrote:

Who are you?

page 4

yes

Can you also conclude that you think your great-great grandmother came out of a monkey's a$$?

So, you know as little about evolution as you do most everything else. Sorry, that you have yet to graduate elementary school, maybe some day. Good luck with that.

And that a ball is also a spherical object and that it is also spinning?

Brain dead moron.
Discipulus_Didicit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2016 7:59:28 AM
The sun isn't real. It's a hoax by NASA to keep up the appearance that the earth is round because... I don't know... reasons.

I'm not very good at this, am I? I'll just leave it to the professionals.
Cobalt - You could be scum too.
Matt - I suppose. But I also might not be.

Kiri - Yeah, I don't know what DD is doing.
Vaarka - He's doin'a thingy do

DD - The best advice most often goes unheeded.
Wise Man - KYS, DD.
DD - Case in point ^