Jump to topic:

Possible Next Steps in Human Evolution

AlyceTheElectrician
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/18/2016 3:44:12 PM
Posted: 2 months ago
Humans may eventually reach a point where they can force evolution upon themselves through the use of technology. Whether this is literal self-improvement, via bionic organs for example, or through gene selection, which has prospective parents choose their child"s traits before birth, this is the most likely avenue human evolution will take in the near future.

http://listverse.com...

For fun, what are your thoughts on our next evolutionary steps, mentally and physically?

I think physically our thumbs are going to become longer to accommodate our smart hand held technology. Sometimes I'm afraid that technology is making us physically weaker and fatter too.

Mentally, I think as we gain more information we will become more intellectually receptive and we may even be able to evolve brain algorithms for faster problem solving. Maybe just maybe we can eliminate the need for violence....until of coarse some outside alien race attacks.

Thank you in advance for replying.
Be who you are, Say what you feel, Because those who mind don"t matter, And those who matter don't mind.

BANGTAN! Blood, Sweat, & Tears> Check it out yes! https://www.youtube.com...
Axonly
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/19/2016 12:26:37 AM
Posted: 2 months ago
At 9/18/2016 3:44:12 PM, AlyceTheElectrician wrote:
Humans may eventually reach a point where they can force evolution upon themselves through the use of technology. Whether this is literal self-improvement, via bionic organs for example, or through gene selection, which has prospective parents choose their child"s traits before birth, this is the most likely avenue human evolution will take in the near future.

http://listverse.com...

For fun, what are your thoughts on our next evolutionary steps, mentally and physically?

I think physically our thumbs are going to become longer to accommodate our smart hand held technology. Sometimes I'm afraid that technology is making us physically weaker and fatter too.

Mentally, I think as we gain more information we will become more intellectually receptive and we may even be able to evolve brain algorithms for faster problem solving. Maybe just maybe we can eliminate the need for violence....until of coarse some outside alien race attacks.

Thank you in advance for replying.

Giving yourself bionic organs isn't really evolution though.

My thoughts on what might happen:
1. Very little evolution (Typical life or death evolutionary pressures are no longer abundant so we are unlikely to evolve).
(I doubt any of the below will happen with the exception of 2)
2. Larger eyes, since we are quite reliant on eye sight for day to day activities.
3. Greater dexterity in fingers
4. Greater ability to metabolism food/fat reduction

Since we don't have any examples in nature of intelligent organisms adapting to technological environments, it's hard to say what will happen.
Meh!